GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
If it is Cote d' Azur, then there should be roof lights on the other side of the track.

And it doesn't have a left bend in the middle...

slsy.jpg

I think that is Grand valley!!!:sly:

Ahh now more loacation arguments. But yeah the kind of look like Monaco, and Eiger and I guess grand valley. Going on youtube to find out.

These are possibly 18 of the 20 locations we've seen (Which is the GT5 track list)

1. Daytona
2. Fuji
3. Eiger Norwand
4. Suzuka
5. High Speed Ring
6. London
7. Indy
8. Rome
8. Madrid
9. Tokyo
10. Lemans
11. Unknown Mountain road (shown in Toyota FT-86 video)
12. Unknown Desert track (shown in Ferrari 458 Italia video)
13. Nurburgring
14. Tuscany
15. Tsukub
16. Unknown City track (shown in GT by Citroen Concept trailer)
17. Possibly EI Captain (shown in Ferrari California Debut trailer)
18. Top Gear Test Track

Last edited:
And it's 20+ tracks, not exactley 20, so we might get 23 or 24. I doubt we'll get 25 or it would probably 25 or 25+ tracks but it is possible.

It could, but's it's unlikely from a marketing perspective. 20+ usually means 21-25, 25+ usually means 25-30 ect.

At the end of the day, what we've been told coutnelss times is 20+ locations with 70+ variations. I don't know about oyu, but I've seen a racing game where Suzuka and Motegi have both been classed as 2 variations of 1 location. Secondly, we've been told by a Sony rep that 1 location = 1 track, he specifically used Daytona as an example. This agrees with what we've been told 20+ locatiosn and 70+ tracks.

We haven't seen or identified more than 20 tracks yet and the game is out pretty soon. And then there's the technical implications of creating that many tracks to the standrds we can see in GT5, it takes what 3 months of one mans work load to make a single car, that means that it would take 60 guys to make roughly 20 cars a month. A track is much more work that a car, both from the modeling and artistic standpoints and you cangarentee that there's been much more people working on the cars than the tracks. The numbers don't add up.

You can look at it's closest competition to see this too, Forza 3. That game has ove 4 years of track modelling work in it, it has 20 odd tracks. Forza 3 used Forza 1's tracks and created a handfull of new ones, so that's over 4 years worth of track modelling from Turn 10 in Forza 3. no matter how I look at it, 70+ unique tracks doesn't add up.

And it's 20+ tracks, not exactley 20, so we might get 23 or 24. I doubt we'll get 25 or it would probably 25 or 25+ tracks but it is possible.

20-25 track and over 1000 cars = Fail

Would rather have seen 30-40 different courses and 600 cars.

I still believe we will see more tracks than 20. Why had they taken the trouble to add nascar etc if they havn't fixed over 20 tracks?

Last edited:
this is what Kaz said at SEMA:

IGN:You've said before there will be 20 locations with 70 variations. Can you break that down at all in more detail for people who are accustomed to hearing a specific number of tracks?

KY:At SEMA we still can't talk about the details yet. As I mentioned before there will be 20 different types of scenery the game will be set in, and in those 20 different locations there will be 70 different layouts of tracks that will be available to play.

Take that as you will but to me, scenery doesn't sound like country or continent or anything BIG like that. He's very cryptic that KY guy...

A type of scenery is something like "Swiss Alps", in this scenery you will get tracks like Eiger, Swiss Alps Rally and that mountain road.
Then there will be a scenery like "Daytona" or "Fuji" with different variations.

I bet it will be similar to this.

A type of scenery is something like "Swiss Alps", in this scenery you will get tracks like Eiger, Swiss Alps Rally and that mountain road.
Then there will be a scenery like "Daytona" or "Fuji" with different variations.

I bet it will be similar to this.

It's possible!!!!
1 Fuji is mountain we have road track in two variations and maybe we get some rally track on mountain Fuji
2 West US and there is Laguna Seca , Grand Canyon...
3 United Kingdom there is London, Silverstone, Top gear track...
You know what I want to say.
That is 3 location with multiple track.

Looks like he hasnt updated in a while...

Hehe... havent ben on GTP much in a while, sorry. I`ll get to updating.

EDIT - ach, the ps3¯s got a sad browser. I¯ll have to get on a real PC on the morrow.

Last edited:
I really can't imagine the game without Tsukuba and Laguna Seca... I'd bet Kazunori love them, Laguna Seca is property of Mazda, also...

Furthermore, 70 variations seems too much if the "locations" are single tracks. Remember that Nürburgring has only one "track", La Sarthe has two... And there would be a lot of tracks to fill to get to 70, don't you think?

PD: Also add Infineon/Sears Point in West US ;)

Yes... You're right Dave_sz. And I've been thinking a bit, let's see if I can explain it properly in English :D

It's been said 20 locations with 70 tracks... Ok, making a division 70/20 that's 3'5 tracks per average location...

Anybody knows a location or track with more than 3 versions? Fuji has 4... And Gran Valley also has 4 (including reverses), but real circuits don't have reverse mode, and just a few GT's original circuits have more than one track (Grand Valley has the East Section, the Autumn Ring has the "Mini" version, SS Route 5 has the "Clubman" version...)...

I mean, the locations should be more than just one track to fill the "70 tracks" number, it's almost impossible if the locations are just one circuit.

I hope I explained it well enough, if not, sorry...

And then there's the technical implications of creating that many tracks to the standards we can see in GT5, it takes what 3 months of one mans work load to make a single car, that means that it would take 60 guys to make roughly 20 cars a month. A track is much more work that a car, both from the modeling and artistic standpoints and you can guarantee that there's been much more people working on the cars than the tracks. The numbers don't add up.

You're right. Something of that undertaking would cost like what...60 million..and take like what..3-4 years? :D

If PD were to add the Nurburgring GP track, that would up the total to four tracks at that location. You'd have the 'Ring proper, the GP track, the GP sprint track (possibly), and then the 'Ring with the GP track extension.

While viewing the latest videos from CES, in the background of the gameplay at the 'Ring you can notice the GP track in the background. You could see it as well in GT4, but this time the GP track is much more detailed. Maybe that is just because the PS3 is technically capable for allowing more detail, or it might be there because the Nurburgring GP track will be in the game...

Last edited:
I'm definetly really happy that the Top Gear Test Track is in the game. I can't wait to race there. Especially bcuz I will easily beat the BS time the stig set for the Veyron. It's a $2 million car so I can understand being careful but the car could've easily got 1.5 sec better. Plus that track is taylored to glorified GO-Karts lol like the ariel atom, Caparo T1, etc

I'm sure that if you beat the Stig's time and send it in to Top Gear with your reasons why, then the presenters will applaud your achievements. Unless it happens to end up on the desk of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond or James May, in which case you're screwed.

so, 70 tracks are supposedly in GT5, and GT4 had around 50 tracks. That means there's 20 new tracks, and of those we know of about 10. (including some point to point rally courses as hinted at by the stage start scene in some of the videos...like scene at the Baja 1000) that means there's about ten new tracks we haven't heard of, yet. So, the question is, will they all be real world courses or a mixture or real, fantasy, city, and rally courses? Maybe Sebring has made it in...maybe we'll see Silverstone...or maybe, it'll just be a bunch of NASCAR tracks. (I hope not.)

so, 70 tracks are supposedly in GT5, and GT4 had around 50 tracks. That means there's 20 new tracks, and of those we know of about 10. (including some point to point rally courses as hinted at by the stage start scene in some of the videos...like scene at the Baja 1000) that means there's about ten new tracks we haven't heard of, yet. So, the question is, will they all be real world courses or a mixture or real, fantasy, city, and rally courses? Maybe Sebring has made it in...maybe we'll see Silverstone...or maybe, it'll just be a bunch of NASCAR tracks. (I hope not.)

I like the way you think man! that is a theory that has not really been looked at. 20 NEW tracks plus all GT4 tracks. Hmmm....

that is if all the GT4 tracks make it, which would be unusual for a GT game. I suspect a few tracks from GT4 will be missing, but maybe not.

To me, there is a reference in GT5 prologue to GT5 circuits. Top right, once connected to the network, the initial screen, there are names of existing circuits with temperature. I do not think they are just for beauty ...

(First of all, sorry for the poor english)

I'm scared 'cause I think that we won't see a lot off new tracks ... I'm scared 'cause I think that we only see like, 5 new tracks ... and all the rest are tracks of GT4. I really hope that's not the case.
I hope to see more real circuits, F1 circuits like Spa, Silverstone, Istambul, Interlagos, Monza etc ... other worldwide circuits like Mugello, Fiorano from Italy; Oscherleben, old Hockenheim, F1 Nurburgring from Germany; Brands Hatch, Donington (PLEASE!) from Great Britain... Damn man, it will be a dream to race in these tracks in GT5 with a F430 or a Corvette ZR8!!!

Back