Engine break in is a term used to describe the fact, that an engine is not performing at it's optimal level until some mileage has been done. Without getting too nerdy(cause I can't explain it anyway), I think it has something to do with the pistons having to adjust etc.
In GT5 I've heard that engine break in should take effect after 200-500 miles of racing in the car.
Engine break in is a term used to describe the fact, that an engine is not performing at it's optimal level until some mileage has been done. Without getting too nerdy(cause I can't explain it anyway), I think it has something to do with the pistons having to adjust etc.
In GT5 I've heard that engine break in should take effect after 200-500 miles of racing in the car.
It's not the pistons, but the rings that have to seat correctly (in real life anyway)![]()
You have to be in a race with all damage on, everything set to real and weak, and drive to around 300 miles
late to the party as usual, but ive seen a lot of players online still not getting this. To add miles to achieve max. hp you must have tire wear on in order to log miles on the car.
Ive also noticed this only seems to work on premium level cars. I bought a zzii with zero miles. Being used it was deemed a standrd car. After 200 miles there was zero hp change. Any one else notice this?
late to the party as usual, but ive seen a lot of players online still not getting this. To add miles to achieve max. hp you must have tire wear on in order to log miles on the car.
Ive also noticed this only seems to work on premium level cars. I bought a zzii with zero miles. Being used it was deemed a standrd car. After 200 miles there was zero hp change. Any one else notice this?
Yeah, seriously. We need these threads to stop. Look it up if you want to know how to break in a car people, from now on.
Mods, lock this thread.
Yes. OCD Standard are like that I Sure and the 400R Nismo I purchased from the UCD under 200miles didnt need a break in either but level ticket Standard cars (0/0/0) do require break in.late to the party as usual, but ive seen a lot of players online still not getting this. To add miles to achieve max. hp you must have tire wear on in order to log miles on the car.
Ive also noticed this only seems to work on premium level cars. I bought a zzii with zero miles. Being used it was deemed a standrd car. After 200 miles there was zero hp change. Any one else notice this?
Thread Bumping (#)
Thread bumping is the practice of replying to a thread solely for the purpose of bringing attention to it. This is looked down upon and may result in an official warning or infraction for spam or useless posts. Your posts in a thread should contribute to the discussion or introduce new information in some way. Limited, overt bumping is permitted in The Trading Post (not to be confused with the GT5 Marketplace).
Criticizing Those Who Do Not Search (#)
It has long been popular on Internet discussion boards to ridicule or embarrass users who may ask questions that could have easily been answered by searching the web or the forums. Indeed, many questions can be answered this way, and indeed, many users could make better use of the tools available to them. However, that is no reason to treat them with disrespect, as there is a wide and legitimate range of experience among users on the Internet. If you see someone on GTPlanet asking what you believe to be a trivial question, suggest keywords or links or simply ignore their questions altogether. Do not harass them.
bs13Technically this isn't a thread bump because a question was asked.
Taken from the forum FAQs: https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/
When a new forum member starts a new thread he is flamed and told to search first.
When a new forum member searches and bumps an old thread to ask a question he gets flamed for that.
Also from the FAQs:
I think some of you only hang around to flame new members...
Technically this isn't a thread bump because a question was asked.
Taken from the forum FAQs: https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/
When a new forum member starts a new thread he is flamed and told to search first.
When a new forum member searches and bumps an old thread to ask a question he gets flamed for that.
Also from the FAQs:
I think some of you only hang around to flame new members...