GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
I don't expect damaged, could be some cars but not really, I would like to see the in-cockpit iew of the Nissan Proto and new cars.
Sorry For My English

Before we get damage I want to see AI that actually acknowledges my existence on the track.
Because I will be very irritated if I spin out, and have another car try to drive through mine.

Seeing as though that we've only got 3 cars for spec III I think that we were given another Polyphony promise, things don't get delivered on time.

For me spec III was a bit of a let down, although I am enjoying the new cars they are great, but I don't feel this was enough to class it as spec III. I think to make up for no damage and private rooms, we should be given the rest of the cars from Gran Turismo HD, Evo 4, R32 Skyline, Celica Rally Car etc.
It wouldn't be too much to ask for Polyphony to do as they have already created the cars on the PS3 system, all they would need to do really is the interior view, or they could give us the cars for us to drive whilst they work on the interior views. IMO an extra 5 cars is not much to ask for is it?????

I agree that it was a little short of spec III.

Though the cars take much longer to model than you'd think, and they've said that the models from HD have a lot less polys than the Prologue cars do, so they'd have to re-do them completely.

As for releasing them without interiors, it would be a bit dumb to spend the time to release the update with the cars, then another with the cars' interiors.

Last edited:
With damage, theoretically you wouldn't be able to over drive your car anymore.. Since you risk blowing your engine and over heating your tires (which can lead to a blow out). Maybe the online carnage would calm down a little.

On the other hand, there WILL be people who do try to damage others on purpose, as their paramecium brains don't understand what racing is.

I believe damage is a must.

With damage, theoretically you wouldn't be able to over drive your car anymore.. Since you risk blowing your engine and over heating your tires (which can lead to a blow out). Maybe the online carnage would calm down a little.

On the other hand, there WILL be people who do try to damage others on purpose, as their paramecium brains don't understand what racing is.

I believe damage is a must.

Let them go play F1CE , online , DAMAGE reality check for them , just how good are you really ?

How good am I? I used to play Nascar games, which is where I learned the principals of racing. In Nascar, if you even get a dent in your chasis you risk slowing yourself down. I am extremly good at not hitting people. Although, I am not too good at saving my stuff. When you are racing online you go as hard as you can push the car. Once damage is in place, you will not be able to survive a 50 lap race pushing the car that hard.

Reality check? YES. When damage comes out, it will separate the real and serious from the drive 'em and shoot 'em racers.

In my opinion the most important thing we need in the next update is MORE!!! racing circuits!!! preferably Tsukuba and please no more city tracks like London for example,they are boring and get old quick.So please instead of adding a couple cars here and there for marketing purposes "New Ferrari&Citroen Concept" we need more tracks to keep us interested till GT5 comes around.

I mentioned in another thread; joypad-analogue steering and throttle!

The steering was "sort of" fixed. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long to address that issue. But the steering is still far to sensitive around the centre-point. A simple menu option to callibrate the analogue joypad controlling should be included. And this should allow us to fix the unbelievably unatural throttle controlling (the whole top 25% analogue-stick controlls around 50% of the throttle thing).

Online play is a huge driving force for people to enjoy playing, to talk about how fun it is, and in turn by word of mouth, to sell a lot more copies of the game. The sooner they implement this lobby/room thing online, the better. It would remove a huge amount of all the stupid ramming and idiots driving backwards etc. as the host can have moderation over the guests in the room. Furthermore it would allow people to become familiar with and network with others of similar standard and set-up private races etc.

Another circuit wouldn't go amiss; a real circuit, seriously, anything, so many to choose from. If there is one updated soon I wouldn't be suprised if it was that arse 'Deep Forest' or something.

I would love to see that in these graphics:dopey: ohw and they need to get the AI right sometime, they need to look at RAce pro or gt evolution. i had many great races with those titles against the computer and well gt5p only gets there if played online against people who know what they're doing.

the S events are just 1 more lap needed to get first not that they defend theyre place and fight for it, i miss that on gt5.

damage well it needs to be there but like said chaos for fuji's first cornor.
also the starting grid, make it a proper/real rolling start with the cars being side by side close together and it will be cool, standing starts are also a great thing. who has the best start etc, really nice.

and yes for the online events i would like to have the option for quilifying, maybe 5 min to see where on the grid is your place. but then again how to have this working. because people block each other of if they have to use all the same circuit... so then we would see just hot lapping for 5 min as "ghosts"? so we can have a clean lap.(what do you guys think of that?

Well for me:
1. REPLAY of online-races (would love to watch from others racers point of view)
Can someone explain to me why they don't include this?? Is it for proctection of those who doesnt want to reveal: driving style, breaking points, tips&tricks ect ect.???

2. Choose/change car while within online events - hate to go out of the race-screen, choose event -reselct car to return back.

3. You know where you can choose how to rearrange your cars? I want my own Favorite Tab - where I can choose 10 fav. cars. So I dont have to browse forth and back all the time.

I think these changes are small and quite easy for them to include in the next update. But I don't know really, just assumptions.

4. One new race track! And one drift track + drift event

Otherwise, just want to say: keep up the good work!

Infenion Raceway-Laguna Seca-Grand Valley speedway-Special stage 5 or 11-El capitan-Nurburning for tracks.... Friend List Damage voice chat photo mode B-pec mode dedicated servers online garage and trade online Customization etc...

To be honest, I want the old Mini...

Due to it only being avalible in the Japanese version of GT4, I have yet to play it in the more true to life physics of GT4 and GT5p... Plus it would give me the satifaction of (hopefully) knowing it would be in the full version of GT5, in PAL format...

Generally though, I would like a few tracks, preferably (sp?) Seattle City Circuit; Tsukuba; The 'Ring; and a Touge track, like in Enthusia for the PS2, because it would fit in with the drifting physics now avalible...

if i would ask for 1 racetrack it's Spa-Francorchamps, it's the best racetrack for a lot of racedrivers in Europe, it looks like a little Nurburgring and it's in Belgium, so this track with the new Gillet-Vertigo and i'm very happy, greetings from Belgium

Infenion Raceway-Laguna Seca-Grand Valley speedway-Special stage 5 or 11-El capitan-Nurburning for tracks.... Friend List Damage voice chat photo mode B-pec mode dedicated servers online garage and trade online Customization etc...

Wow what would be left for GT5.:dopey:

Well my number one is still Private Race Rooms, this will make for really good GTP races, also you could just spot race anyone!:D I hope to see this included in the next update, apart from that it would be great to have a Sensitivity adjustment for the Controller Sticks. PD has plenty of idea's here but it is important to prioritize all the same.
Respect to PD;)
Rusty*

1. My money's worth for what has become nothing more than a glorified demo.
2. Some indication at least that PD acknowledge that the penalty application "Next Lap Invalidated" is sublimely idiotic and irritating to the extreme.
....and.....
3. World Peace.*

*Translation from the Pageant dialect: Private Race Rooms.

So....Spec III isn't done? Link? Please go on!

Was Spec II finished before they started patching Spec II? No it wasnt. I believe that theres still more to come for spec III.

Wow what would be left for GT5.:dopey:

I agree he is asking too much but theres also proper career , tuning parts and the tuning also.

1) I would like if they changed it so that when im finished a race that I stay in the race select screen until I opt to go to the main screen again.

2)I would also like the garage screen to change so that the car select box is on the top left like it is now but have it so that when I scrool through my cars that it stays in the garage screen and scrools through the cars in the big view of the cars also.

3) it would be nice if offline races had no penilty system

4) two more tracks like midfield raceway and deepforest.

5) QTS from the beginning and the ability to race with a tuned car against untuned cars in the realy hard races.

If this on my list of 5 changes happened in spec III or IV then I would hope they moved on to finishing GT5 full. The sooner we get the full game the better. Hopefully us europeans and americans wont have to wait 6 months for GT5 after the japanese release this time.

Last edited:
In response to the carnage in the first turn of Suzuka and Fuji, don't you think they would have private rooms before allowing damage? Perhaps they are smart, and they know if they allow us to race anynomously with damage there will be a lot of pissed fans, since some idiot could just hit you just to hit you.

If I was PD, I would maybe test an event with a one make car, that has damage. Just to see how that fairs. As apart of the Spec III update.

If their test are not as bad as we fear, perhaps private races could wait until spec IV?

I seriously doubt that there is more to the Spec III update. The "just begun" part simply means people are just beginning to download it. Anyways, as for Spec IV:

- As someone mentioned before, the original Mini would be awesome
- MORE. AMERICAN. MUSCLE.
- Gotta fix the AI on Daytona Road Course. Why do they always slow down on the straights? Makes it way too easy.
- Another track, like maybe good ol' Trial Mountain or Grand Valley.

In response to the carnage in the first turn of Suzuka and Fuji, don't you think they would have private rooms before allowing damage? Perhaps they are smart, and they know if they allow us to race anynomously with damage there will be a lot of pissed fans, since some idiot could just hit you just to hit you.

If I was PD, I would maybe test an event with a one make car, that has damage. Just to see how that fairs. As apart of the Spec III update.

If their test are not as bad as we fear, perhaps private races could wait until spec IV?

If PD went online right now , which for some reason , I feel they are doing , and see's the carnage of mishaps going on , I feel quite certain that they would want to remedy it , so as not to get the players any more ticked than what we already are,so people don't just " shelf " the game.In my opinion,I truly feel they are working on this damage problem , but to what degree of damage do they implement it.

Thought:

1) heavy damage : consisting of major body deformation and major mechanical breakdown rendering the car useless ?

2)intermediate damage:body deformation and mechanical issues,putting the car in a slower driving mode ?

3)mild damage:shows physical and mechanical damage,but still lets you race ?

Opinions concerning the "TYPES" of damage which should be implemented or any additions to the above ? Please lets not turn this into a thread wether or not damage should be in the game ,lets assume it " IS " in the game , now to what degree do you install it ? 💡

How about this a PRO 600PP Daytona Oval Event or on the other end of the scale lets have a 750 to 850 Oval race in pro.💡

Keeping expectations of what PD can actually change/add realistic....

1. A new track or two. Preferably a legendary track from Europe. Spa, Monza, Silverstone, etc.

2. Allow people to set a qualifying time that will hold for 24 hours. So when they enter online events, the computer will set up the starting grid based on those qualifying times. Fastest in front, slowest in back. Those with no qualifying will start from the very back in a random order.

3. Bring back the power shifting with the G25, but now force people to use proper heel-and-toe techniques. Make just straight braking and downshifting a big disadvantage. Also make switching from sequential to manual modes while in the race impossible.

4. Make it possible to adjust the steering angle on the F2007. Or just make it 360 degrees instead of 900 degrees.

Last edited:
Keeping it realistic....

3. Bring back the power shifting with the G25, but now force people to use proper heel-and-toe techniques. Make just straight braking and downshifting a big disadvantage. Also make switching from sequential to manual modes while in the race impossible.

Hmmm, that'll increase the fun no-end. After all, this is a game we're talking about, sim or no. :ill:

Why stop there? I've fitted a whoopee cushion and nitrogen canister to my DrivingForce EX in the event I should rear-end someone... safety first, people.

I also have my missus on standby to club me round the side of the head with a piece of 4x2 in the event of side impacts or vicious snap-back when using racing tyres. Painful yes but its all in the name of realism you understand.

One of the kids stands behind my chair to kick the back of it if I get punted. Then the dog kicks sand in my face and pisses on my foot when I spin off in the California.

Maybe the next update should have a disclaimer stating "No damages will be paid for injuries sustained during game-play"

:dunce:

Keeping it realistic....

So because you are a fan of this it means everybody else is forced to do this. This is just another selfish request. We should have the option to do things like this and not be forced to do stuff we cant do properly nor do we wish to do this.

Back