GT5 Prologue Track maps

• Thread starter AMG.
  • 45 comments

AMG.

Staff Emeritus
Netherlands
NL, Leiden
GTP_AMG
I trust these track maps may be of benefit to all. Feel free to use them on GT Planet.

Also available GT4 track maps and GT5 trackmaps.

DaytonaRoad.gif

DaytonaSpeed.gif

EigerFwd.gif

EigerRev.gif

Fuji2005F.gif

Fuji2005GT.gif

High_Speed_RingFwd.gif

High_Speed_RingRev.gif

LondonFwd.gif

LondonRev.gif

Suzuka_East.gif

Suzuka.gif

AMG.

Last edited:
Thanks, as always to AMG. for this valuable resource. We appreciate the contribution to GTP!

Nice! Thanks for the work done. Really like the London map especially, with the street names, and some related info like the Underground stations. 👍

Very nice indeed, I can now mentally practice on the tracks I don't know for when I'm finally playing the game.

Thanks for taking the time, AMG. 👍

Great track maps m8 , i was wondering was u planning on doing one for suzuka east ? would be nice to have the complete set

many thanks

kattcool

^^^^ Thx for the positive reactions.

suzuka east ? would be nice to have the complete set. kattcool
You can find it in the GT4 section. See link in post 1.
I may copy it over here too.

AMG.

YESS! i thought they only had the Daytona road course, Now that i know it has the Superspeedway layout, + Imaginary Rep

Anybody want to try and explain why the chicane on the backstretch used at this year's 24 hour race @ Daytona is much shorter then the one used in the game?

Anybody want to try and explain why the chicane on the backstretch used at this year's 24 hour race @ Daytona is much shorter then the one used in the game?

I only saw the first video that you posted....up to about the 0:50 second mark. I speak Spanish, and the commentators are discussing the fact that there are two types of chicane used on this track....the one being used in that particular race, and a somewhat longer one.

Pay attention at 0:47 on the video (pause it) and you can see the pavement continues straight beyond where the cars are turning right. Again, at 0:50 on the video, you can see the second exit just to the left of the car that is immediately to your left. That is what the commentator is explaining.

Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I only saw the first video that you posted....up to about the 0:50 second mark. I speak Spanish, and the commentators are discussing the fact that there are two types of chicane used on this track....the one being used in that particular race, and a somewhat longer one.

Pay attention at 0:47 on the video (pause it) and you can see the pavement continues straight beyond where the cars are turning right. Again, at 0:50 on the video, you can see the second exit just to the left of the car that is immediately to your left. That is what the commentator is explaining.

Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
You are correct. Here is a satellite image of it.

You can see the black marks where it is used by the Rolex series. It has two setups, one twice as long as the other.

The change was probably made this year, as I too recall that they used to use the longer chicane. Spectators aren't allowed access to the back stretch for the 24 Hours of Daytona, so I personally could not tell which version of the chicane they were using this year, or in the past two years.

The model of the track is actually further outdated in a few other areas:

2229561686_8915213651_b.jpg

The run-off connecting Turn 1 and Turn 6 was completely paved this year

2228908492_5a879d7258_b.jpg

Inside Turn 3 (The International Horseshoe) another turn has been created for use by motorcycles and the IndyCar tests, to move them further from the tire wall.

I also can't help but notice that the flag stand is missing completely at the finish line...

Why was this thread removed from the sticky? I use it often to see what corners are called what and what counts as what turn numbers. I never understand what people are saying when they say degner or 130R etc.

Why was this thread removed from the sticky? I use it often to see what corners are called what and what counts as what turn numbers.
+1
When somebody refers to 'turn 4 on Fuji' I have to look it up, I don't know all those corners by heart. ;)

Daytona Road is really hard because multiple corners can count as one, and there are some bends in the road that don't count as corners!

Request to re-sticky this thread please?

Why was this thread removed from the sticky? I use it often to see what corners are called what and what counts as what turn numbers. I never understand what people are saying when they say degner or 130R etc.

++1

Please re-sticky.

Back