GT5 Review scores (Update :Average metacritic score)

• Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 1,417 comments
One thing missing from your comment is regular logic. If that were true, then it wouldve happened.

One thing missing from your post appears to be some syntax.

What would have happened if it were true?

One thing missing from your post appears to be some syntax.

What would have happened if it were true?

If that was a response to the NASA comment, otherwise I misunderstood you. But anyway, I was saying, that if it were that easy, then it wouldve happened.

Video game whining and relationships are two different things. Funny how I only point out cry babies for the game, yet you try to blast my relationship and applying to me i have no relationship experience ... do not go personal my friend.

Sure its ok to criticize a game, but many of GT Planetiers do it so much it just stupid to read about over and over again.

I said that you should learn to understand the concept if you don't, that's all. If you do and just don't want to apply it here, that's your choice. I'd call that ignorant if you can't understand someone being passionate about something they like, but whatever.

And about the "it's inconsistent" comments and like people saying that some are in "denial" like Luminis and others [..]

The 'denial' comment was more about people clinging to standard cars having cockpit view and whatnot.

To call it anything other than half-finished when they had to include cars from the last Playstation to make up numbers and only implemented weather on eight of the tracks and not all of them is ridiculous.
Let's take a look at this, GT5 is being compared with Forza 3 which pretty much recieved 9/10 across the board and is a fine game.

It didn't feature any weather or time of day features, if I take a drive right now it is dark and pissing down so both are essential to respresent RL driving.

Forza 3 didn't feature adequate wheel support unless you where prepared to pay a large premium. When I take a drive my car has a steering wheel so that has to go down as another essential feature for a driving sim.

When I drive I also have a panoramic view and can look either side. Cockpit view in all of Forza 3's car is all well and good but the static camera angle is just as unrealistic as driving with the bumper cam view.

GT5 also offers 16 car grids and most important of all physics which are a step above Forza 3.

I could go on but the bottom line is the experience of driving a premium car like the Peugeot 908 at Le Mans, in the dark, in the rain, with head tracking, against 15 opponents and using a DFGT to get the most out of the physics engine is an experience that cannot be replicated in Forza 3.

Let's take a look at this, GT5 is being compared with Forza 3 which pretty much recieved 9/10 across the board and is a fine game.

It didn't feature any weather or time of day features, if I take a drive right now it is dark and pissing down so both are essential to respresent RL driving.

Forza 3 didn't feature adequate wheel support unless you where prepared to pay a large premium. When I take a drive my car has a steering wheel so that has to go down as another essential feature for a driving sim.

When I drive I also have a panoramic view and can look either side. Cockpit view in all of Forza 3's car is all well and good but the static camera angle is just as unrealistic as driving with the bumper cam view.

GT5 also offers 16 car grids and most important of all physics which are a step above Forza 3.

I could go on but the bottom line is the experience of driving a premium car like the Peugeot 908 at Le Mans, in the dark, in the rain, with head tracking, against 15 opponents and using a DFGT to get the most out of the physics engine is an experience that cannot be replicated in Forza 3.

+1
bumping to make sure people will read this

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't EA have the license to Porsche anyway? It would be a stupid decision on EA's part to let PD get a hold of it.

If you're going down the realism route, GT5 fails spectacularly by including standard cars, as when I go outside, I don't see some cars in full detail and some in a fraction of the quality.

Besides, this game isn't Forza, Enthusia, Shift or any other rival to the GT series. This is GT itself, the game that has always set the benchmark. It was a benchmark that was 100% consistent. Add the lacklustre way the star of the game itself - the line-up - has been treated by Sony to the time taken to finish the whole game and how they implemented a weather system not available at all locations and some feature stripping of GT4's functionality and you have a game with enough of its own faults, just like Forza did. However, Forza was at least consistent in its features and its failings.

Last edited:
As long as I'm satisfied with the game and I'm having fun, I couldn't care less about reviews, especially from gaming sites because they are not car enthusiasts, they are gamers, which is a good thing when reviewing Call of duty but GT5 is different. It's a game for car enthusiast. I'm not saying that IGN or gamespot shouldn't review GT5, not at all. They should and they will, but deep down at heart the reviewer is, most of the time, not a car guy (or girl)

I saw GT5's release date announce on Autoblog and Jalopnik, 2 car sites that have no links at all to gaming. Those are the sites that should review GT5.

But anyway I predict 9/10 and higher after all the effort PD put in, it should reward.

when should reviews be out By the way ,b;ack ops I think were out a day before release whil Hot pursuits reviews are already out.

I agree big time here. We're all GT fanatics and are so deep in the news and details that we often forget the big picture.

What Le Mans said is an excellent description of what normal gamers are going to remember after they walk away from the game. The cars and tracks might be lacking in respects, but the GT5 driving experience is going to be unlike anything anyone has seen before.

I agree with you, for me it is worthless to play a sim racer without a good driving wheel, forza 3 unfortunately do not offer this option, it is really disappointing. Also Night / weather 24hours nurburgring/le mans racing is a great feauture not to underestimate...

no racing game in the planet offer the experience of playing 24hours racing in nurburgring with day/night/weather transitions with incredible graphics and great realistic physics / AI / sound and a superb driving wheel a la G25....

only GT5 offer that, if it was the only thing GT5 offers I would still buy the game, period.

If you're going down the realism route, GT5 fails spectacularly by including standard cars, as when I go outside, I don't see some cars in full detail and some in a fraction of the quality.

Besides, this game isn't Forza, Enthusia, Shift or any other rival to the GT series. This is GT itself, the game that has always set the benchmark. It was a benchmark that was 100% consistent. Add the lacklustre way the star of the game itself - the line-up - has been treated by Sony to the time taken to finish the whole game and how they implemented a weather system not available at all locations and some feature stripping of GT4's functionality and you have a game with enough of its own faults, just like Forza did. However, Forza was at least consistent in its features and its failings.

sorry, but honestly comparing Forza 3 overall experience to GT5 overall experience is a direspect to the hard work and efforts polyphony digital put into GT5 all those last 5 and a half years of development time...

Graphics : no comparison between GT5 and Forza 3, and the night/day/weather cycles 24 hours nurburgring/le Mans experience put GT5 in a league of its own, I am pretty sure polyphony worked very hard to achieve this.

you could find some features where Forza3 is comparable and maybe better than GT5, but the overall experience : sorry no comparison...

Who cares when a game has this much amount of content! I can bring up a 2D game or a game from 15 years ago that is consistent, but the thing is if the experience is the best, and which game you had more fun with.

sorry, but honestly comparing Forza 3 overall experience to GT5 overall experience is a direspect to the hard work and efforts polyphony digital put into GT5 all those last 5 and a half years of development time...
This is an attitude I can not understand at all. At the end of the day, there are two things that are important about a game. The money I will pay for it and how much fun I get out of it.

And all of the recent revelations have had quite a negative impact on the 'fun' part of GT5.
You know, no matter how much I think about Kazunori sitting in his office for days on end, it's not going to make the game any cheaper, nor is it going to make it any more fun.

I've been playing Forza for 13 months now. And while it's getting old, that's something GT5 has to acomplish first. Keep me entertained for more than a whole year, that is.
I'm not saying that it's not going to do it. I fully expect GT5 to be even better than that. Or at least, I did. But I'm getting less and less optimistic.
The car list definetly put a huge dent into my hopes and if Karunori's statement of DLC not happening holds true, it will be even harder for GT5 to do the trick.

I'm fairly certain it will replace Forza with relative ease. But whether it can do the same for me that Forza did, that's the big question to me, right now.

I predict an average of 9.2 for the following reasons:

• Standard/ premium cars - they will argue standard cars are unfinished
  • The 5 and half year development cycle (much has improved in that time)
  • The weather conditions not being dynamic on all tracks (sun turns to rain during races etc)
  • Some obvious cars were not included (All Porchse, All koenigsegg, radical, ferrari Fxx, Ferarri 599GTO etc)

Of course i shouldnt need to talk so much about the good things, we all know what they are:)

I actually really hope it gets destroyed purely because of what we see missing in the game. Let's be honest, pretty much everyone on this forum is going to be purchasing the game no matter what, we waited and we want to play it because we're GT fans. Hopefully the reviewers tear it apart and this will cause PD to get their **** together for the next one.

I predict an average of 9.2 for the following reasons:

• Standard/ premium cars - they will argue standard cars are unfinished
  • The 5 and half year development cycle (much has improved in that time)
  • The weather conditions not being dynamic on all tracks (sun turns to rain during races etc)
  • Some obvious cars were not included (All Porchse, All koenigsegg, radical, ferrari Fxx, Ferarri 599GTO etc)

Of course i shouldnt need to talk so much about the good things, we all know what they are:)

How does that lead you to 9.2?

How does that lead you to 9.2?

Haha ok, i didnt feel i would have to justify that here but ok here goes....

• 1031 cars - despite what might be missing, nothing else comes close to that volume
  • Despite the huge no of cars the physics for each one is incredibly accurately
  • Top quality engine sounds
  • 40 tracks before you take into account extra weather and reverse tracks
  • Realistic, accurate and convincing track models
  • Huge single player featuring much variety (special event, licence,A+B spec)
  • Most likely a very well balanced single player mode
  • Online mode most likely will be awesome
  • Amazing crisp graphics (high quality textures and 200,000 poly cars)
  • 60fps stable frame rate

Name another racer that has more than 3 of the above. Reviewers/ critics have no choice than to acknowledge the game may have a few shortcomings, but it a major achievement that will most like set the standard in many areas untill GT6. Its probably the best overall package out there so they cant mark it down much lower than say Forza 3 which was 92% on metacritic. There may be some reviewers who act unprofessionally due to its development cycle etc, but the majority should analyse the game with reasonable integrity.

Something else I might add was that i feel GT4 was widely unfairly criticise in areas it didn't really deserve. For example many marked it down heavily for not having online when the fact is in 2005 very few PS2 games had online support of any kind. It never widely became an online console. It was bordering on silly. It was like criticising an iphone game for not being HD

Last edited:
I actually really hope it gets destroyed purely because of what we see missing in the game. Let's be honest, pretty much everyone on this forum is going to be purchasing the game no matter what, we waited and we want to play it because we're GT fans. Hopefully the reviewers tear it apart and this will cause PD to get their **** together for the next one.
When you read posts such as this you begin to realise some people will never be satisfied.

Oh yay! So you want it to get destroyed with reviews which will destroy the series, that way PD will forget about GT6 and the fans and general public wont even touch GT6 because GT5 failed so much with reviews and got destroyed?

Yay how stupid.

but the GT5 driving experience is going to be unlike anything anyone has seen before.

To be fair, I'm not sure how you see that. It's just cars on a track. We've seen this all before. I think the reviews have to get more into the features, knowing the racing itself has been pretty standard issue in racing sims for many years.

GT games have been realistic, Forza is realistic, there's many racing sims on the PC that are realistic, how can anything be better than realism, so Im not sure how the experience itself can actually be unlike anything we've seen before. that part of it wont change much from Prologue to GT5, and I felt like I had played prologue many times before.

So to me the reviews have to get more into the features. The gameplay itself hasnt really changed much, and isnt really any better than any modern racing sims ive played.

I think reviewers will say it's a fabulous, revolutionary game. But that quite a few bits are still not finished: not all cars are full detail, weather only on a few tracks, very few tracks are ready.

It's great but not everywhere in the game. A game like GT5 should have more than the tracks they've presented today.

When you compare the GT5 end product to prior GT installments, and the fact of 5-6 years development and 60 million dollars, I think GT could get some pretty lackluster reviews.

Maybe 4.3/10 ?!
is this a Joke Topic ?!!
media give low scores for list of car & tracks ?! lol
the only thing can make the scores lower , is standard cars. besides GT5 have 200 premium cars with amazing detals (inside & outside) , day/night cycle , weather , rally & nascar & karting , alot of features like license tests & amg school & ... , lots of beautiful tracks & course editor , head tracking & 3D , ...
If Forza 3 gave 9.2 , GT5 should give much better. but some media ...

I think reviewers will say it's a fabulous, revolutionary game

i want to believe the same....but honeslty what is revolutionary?

nigel mansels f1 way back on the super nintendo had dynamic weather
rfactor has offered day night transistions for years
grid,nfs,forza,rfactor,lfs,iracing have standardised the requirement for sims and games to offer interior views

honestly i am excited for gt5..but the more news i read the more game breakers i find.

realistically they have removed some functionality from gt4, given it good physics engine, added a few things that other sims already do, made 200 or so cars up to current gen standard, then padded out the rest of the line up for marketing reasons. please guys for 5 years of production, this is extremely disappointing, atleast to me anyway. it really makes me ask what has such a large production team actually been doing for the last 5 years? i see about 12-18 months worth of solid effort here.

can somebody please point out what is revolutionary that has NOT been done elsewhere before?

Back