GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
After several hours I get: "an error occurred during the download"... I felt like crying, but it's going a lot faster now:sly:

Standards are even cleaned up more! I'm looking at the screen saver and it has my EG bubble looks amazing, the outline are not so bad anymore great job PD, now lets get them in photo travel.

Am I the only one who can't find the karts in Arcade mode? Everyone keeps saying scroll to the right. I'm either a retard or they aren't there for me.

:)

Last edited:
andrea
Am I the only one who can't find the karts in Arcade mode? Everyone keeps saying scroll to the right. I'm either a retard or they aren't there for me.

Try a track without weather change. I dont think karts can be run on weather change tracks anymore :(
I had same prob with nurb. Switched to non change and viola karts were there.

andrea

Remember to look under 'Arcade only' cars.... (middle tab)
Not in your own favorite cars. :dopey:

Oops...
Tree'd with other suggestions :sly:

Caz
Try a track without weather change. I dont think karts can be run on weather change tracks anymore :(

I think that had something to do with it.

They showed up after I posted. Feel pretty dumb now. Carry on 👍

Caz

You never could run them at weather change tracks. All the times I tried (At least in Arcade), they were always crossed out.

You never could run them at weather change tracks. All the times I tried (At least in Arcade), they were always crossed out.
Yeah, you could never run them on the weather change tracks offline. You can online though, I've done it before at Suzuka.

Try enabling the new tire load graph and see if the problem is due to suspensions bottoming out.

Yea tried that cheers. Definitely not the problem, I tested with many variations including only positive ride heights (i.e. sambabus with 0mm front, +100mm rear - understeers like crazy)

I'm not sure if this was discussed yet or not so excuse it if it was, but has anyone noticed the wait time on starting a race? You click the green flag to start it, but you have to wait for all the cars to load or queue up on the track.

I'm not sure if this was discussed yet or not so excuse it if it was, but has anyone noticed the wait time on starting a race? You click the green flag to start it, but you have to wait for all the cars to load or queue up on the track.
I assume it's a compromise for now loading the tracks faster.

The game loads up the circuit much faster now, but still has some additional resources to load up in the background as you adjust your race settings and driving options

Can someone please tell me why they decided to jump from 1.13 to 2.00 with this patch? I'd say 1.20 would be more appropiate and it really makes me question their future ambition with this game.

Can someone please tell me why they decided to jump from 1.13 to 2.00 with this patch? I'd say 1.20 would be more appropiate and it really makes me question their future ambition with this game.

I think it's for one reason and one reason only. Forza 4. Calling the update "Spec 2.0" draws more people in than 1.14 or 1.20. But I totally agree, there isn't enough content in this update to warrant the big jump in version number.

I think it's for one reason and one reason only. Forza 4. Calling the update "Spec 2.0" draws more people in than 1.14 or 1.20. But I totally agree, there isn't enough content in this update to warrant the big jump in version number.
I think the game feels optimized enough to call it Spec 2.

Take this and then go back and play the original, unpatched GT5 and you will be shocked.

Back