GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by deep_sky, Sep 28, 2011.

1. shmogt

shmogt

That would have been Kool

2. Tornado

Tornado

Finally saw the Spec II intro after the game froze while it was saving and nearly gave me a coronary (Don't worry. It didn't corrupt). That's more like it. That's the kind of thing I've come to expect after the GT3 and GT4 intro.

3. shmogt

shmogt

Wait I just got spec 2 and I'm pretty sure it comes with a car and stuff. Where do I get it?

4. Parker

Parker

Go to the Nissan dealership to get the GTR, or the various other dealerships to get the NASCAR stock cars.

Parker

5. Crowood

Crowood

Hmm tried out the new nescar pit photolocation......the idea is great, standing there while the cars fly by.

Imo it would be much cooler, if your selected car would fly by

6. Killa Aaron

Killa Aaron

Audi R8 V10 engine emblem is finally fixed in this update.

7. terminsel

terminsel

You mean there's finally a purpose for the car wash!? :) Sweet

8. terminsel

terminsel

Well I can't remember exactly where, because I was only on the page for 2 seconds before I found it. I guess it was probably the first thing you see when you load the page, set apart with huge bold letters and a great big picture, just a guess though. Hope it helps!!

9. terminsel

terminsel

No, its impossible, goodbye sponging

10. TiZzla

TiZzla

I totally forgot about the new GTR, I've been too busy cranking the new shuffle mode :lol:

11. Pierced Lead

Pierced Lead

Thank you! :tup:

12. zorrofox

zorrofox

Unfortunately, due to my lousy connection speed I am unable to download this "update". I left the PS3 to do it's thing last night and when I got up this morning it had failed. I set it to download today while I was at work and just got in and it's failed again! Is there any other way to get this update or am I just supposed to be happy about getting ripped off?

13. Sselecta

Sselecta

Keep on trying. I had similiar issues when downloading all the previous updates at once.

14. zorrofox

zorrofox

It's so frustrating! I don't get very much free time as it is, only some time at the weekend and it seems as if that's not going to happen either. I hate this Third World country!

15. Nurburgthing.

Nurburgthing.

Are you using wireless or cable?

If you're using wireless, hook the cable up to it. If not, well, i'm stumpted.

If it gets really bad, you could always take the machine to a friends house and use the net there to do it.

Good luck. I know how much of an Alan B'stard it can be.:tup:

16. GTShadowKing

GTShadowKing

That was my solution. Downloaded it today on a friend's house and now (on my house) am going to buy the new GTR and try the new stuff. :tup:

17. Cucobr

Cucobr

The Bug of endurace save-game... is there a way to avoid?

or we have to wait a patch?

18. zorrofox

zorrofox

Thanks for the advice and consolations guys. I have a slightly different solution to this - I'm going to buy Tooway. Satellite broadband is now just about affordable thanks to the new Ka satellite launched last year. It's still pretty expensive but at least it's reliable...ish. In the meantime I think I will take the PS3 to my mates' house. Is there anything I need to know before I do that? Is it just simply a case of plugging the machine in via ethernet?

19. esoxhntr

esoxhntr

yes.

20. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

From my experiance, it was there but barely noticible. I remember only after really looking at the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept that I then notice some lightish parts on the bottom. Sounds like they've made dirt more pronounced in Spec 2

21. Cucobr

Cucobr

The Bug of endurace save-game... is there a way to avoid?

or we have to wait a patch?

22. GTapocalypse

GTapocalypse (Banned)

What bug?

23. Cucobr

Cucobr

24. diegorborges

diegorborges

I think PD is probably developing B-Spec together with A-Spec in endurances just like it was in GT4, that's why this bug happen...

Kaz said a bugfix will come by the end of the month.

25. Cucobr

Cucobr

thanks

26. JDMKING13

JDMKING13 Premium

I just wanna say I have no tearing issues anymore and even running TV with the 120hz high there is minute lag only during replays when the car is passing trees or other things blocking the view. The standard cars are looking sweet also. GT5 Spec 2.0 has really made GT5 a better game.

27. shmogt

shmogt

So anyone who has done an endurance please comment on this. I can start and endurance race, go to the pits and there will be some sort of save option, than quit and turn off the system. After income back does it automatically put me in that race or can I do whatever I want and continue the race when I feel like? Also can I do multiple saves. Like save go away, play a little, save again and go away, come back few days play some more etc?

28. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

Drive careful in the pits and wait until the car stands still, then this shouldn't happen.

29. Niyologist

Niyologist

Awesome! Thanks for the info. :D

30. tinram

tinram

I hope this is a bug caused by PD developing an a-spec endurance option where we can switch with our b-spec drivers that has gone haywire. This would be nice.