GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
SimonK
Indeed, but from 1.13 to 2.0? It's not a drastically different game.

Were you expecting them to rename the game, or maybe add a new a spec mode? I don't see how much more they can actually add to the game, besides dlc, without actually just making a new game.

Anyone having problems with cockpit camera since version 2? I've noticed a couple of times now (just playing around in time trial) that when I get into the car its like my head is either stuck to the ceiling or that I am stuck on the floor (can't see the road barely at all over the steering wheel!)

Its happened to me in the golf gti and the orange TT in the arcade garage cars, sometimes I can reset it by driving over curbs (seems to jar it into the correct position!).

Indeed, but from 1.13 to 2.0? It's not a drastically different game.

True. It has been tuned a little but they are jumping ahead of themselves. It makes me loose faith that fundamental problems will ever get their attention.

After a bit of confusion I just found the arcade AI temperament setting and wound her up to 10.

Big difference in the AI aggression and overall pace.

I feel like this option shouldn't be hidden in the options section, it should just be incorporated into the A,B,C difficulty option when you enter a race.

This may be a bit off-topic but...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5950989#post5950989

POSTED SEP 29, 2011:

I came across an interesting article that was posted last August. This quote got my attention the most:

"Kaz said that they tried to implement the black frame cockpits for all of the standard cars, but realized that they wouldn't be able to finish in time."

So maybe standard car cockpit views may make it into GT5's Spec II patch?

OH! OH! OH! I called it first!! :D

Version numbers are completely arbitrary though, we're just arguing semantics.

👍👍

Can't believe that went on for more than 2 posts lol

This may be a bit off-topic but...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5950989#post5950989

OH! OH! OH! I called it first!! :D
I've been calling it since Kaz said that it was "technically possible". I think it was right before (edit - 5 months before) GT5 released 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-live-twitter-interview-with-honda/

I don't understand why he said this, "Regarding weather effects…rain, etc… Maybe."

BWX
HEY WTF - I have same opening movie and can't even find new one in GTTV? Where did they hide it?
end of page bump

Can somebody please confirm if the camera views have been fixed on the TGTT?

Can someone actually use their brains and look back a few pages, I believe this is now the 10,000th time this has been asked.

EDIT: It appears to be you asking constantly. Have you tried checking yourself?

I like 2.0 very much! Driving standards in cockpit view is a new driving experiance. Detailed interiors or not, i like it. Also the new Replay cameraangles are awesome 👍

And finally driving at night or morning etc is possible in training

I LOVE that Schulze Motorsport GTR, feels wonderful to drive even on its stock Sport Soft tyres. Great fun round the Ring.

BWX
HEY WTF - I have same opening movie and can't even find new one in GTTV? Where did they hide it?

It's not a completely new movie,

Its just different after that car construction opening sequence. I'm guessing your just seeing the same start and thinking its the same one...

Edit: Also, it's probably already been covered but the new reduced loading times only seem reduced because now once the track has loaded you then have to wait for the cars to load. I guess this only affects events that involve AI cars. I did an arcade race today and the track loaded in 10 seconds but then you have to wait a further 10-20 seconds for the AI cars to load and it shows them loading.

Last edited:
It's not a completely new movie,

Its just different after that car construction opening sequence. I'm guessing your just seeing the same start and thinking its the same one...

I suspected that, but then when I went to d/l the new movie all I found in GTTV was the one with the 2010 date. Oh well.

Can someone actually use their brains and look back a few pages, I believe this is now the 10,000th time this has been asked.

EDIT: It appears to be you asking constantly. Have you tried checking yourself?

I can only recall asking it twice. And yes I am asking it because nobody has specifically answered it and I don't have the time to scroll through the 200+ pages of the several hundreds of threads that have been popping up since the Spec II update.

I can only recall asking it twice. And yes I am asking it because nobody has specifically answered it and I don't have the time to scroll through the 200+ pages of the several hundreds of threads that have been popping up since the Spec II update.

Well, In answer to your question, No, they havent been fixed to the show camera angles.

I'll finally be able to play spec II for the first time tomorrow - I can't wait! Looking forward to the standard cockpits the most although I also can't wait to play around with the new settings in practice mode.

I'm really nervous about the new physics. It has claimed a great response from the majority of GT Planet players which is great, but I just hope it suits me.

There's a few bugs with GT5 2.0. The main bug that I really want to discuss is the Mid-Save Endurance function. I was in the 4 Hour Endurance of Tsubaka yesterday and after I saved, I came back to it several hours later and there was a massive glitch in terms of the car's placement in the cockpit. The car was out of it, but it was a cockpit displacement glitch, where the car would be on the road, but still struggles to get out of the situation because the programming assumes that it's still in the CP. The result, CRASHING. Yes, tons of crashing and struggling. I was very irritated and I hoped that it wouldn't happen again. I'll test it some more to see if it was or wasn't a coincidence.

Niyologist
There's a few bugs with GT5 2.0. The main bug that I really want to discuss is the Mid-Save Endurance function. I was in the 4 Hour Endurance of Tsubaka yesterday and after I saved, I came back to it several hours later and there was a massive glitch in terms of the car's placement in the cockpit. The car was out of it, but it was a cockpit displacement glitch, where the car would be on the road, but still struggles to get out of the situation because the programming assumes that it's still in the CP. The result, CRASHING. Yes, tons of crashing and struggling. I was very irritated and I hoped that it wouldn't happen again. I'll test it some more to see if it was or wasn't a coincidence.

I'm sorry to hear that your race was interrupted with the difficulties that you have stated. I hope you still managed to finish the race instead of retiring due to the difficulties you experienced.

With such a large update, I presume that new glitches will appear. I hope these bugs will not interfere with most players. I do have faith that PD will provide support and fix these mistakes in upcoming patches.

I think the dirty cars is more advance now, when I race the Formula1 I saw back of the car it was gray-white-ish. First I thought PD have change the colour on it, but then when I got to GT Auto to the Car wash and wash it, it was gone. So I think the gray white colour is sand, because I went off course with the car. So I think when the car gets dirty it stays after the race.

GT_johan
I think the dirty cars is more advance now, when I race the Formula1 I saw back of the car it was gray-white-ish. First I thought PD have change the colour on it, but then when I got to GT Auto to the Car wash and wash it, it was gone. So I think the gray white colour is sand, because I went off course with the car. So I think when the car gets dirty it stays after the race.

Thanks for sharing. That's good to hear. Seems that PD are taking notice to the complaints and flaws of GT5 that the fans are discussing. This is very exiting to hear as it may shape the future of Gran Turismo based on our requests.

My PS3 is telling me that this new update is only 301mb. Am I missing something? I've searched the thread and not found anyone else experiencing this.

Edit: Whoops, turns out that was just one part of the update, my bad :embarrassed:.

Last edited:

Yeah this happened to me too. I "washed" the FGT and the grayish stains disappeared. I don't know if all the cars have that since spec 2.0.

I started a Nuer' 4hr in my Fireblade yesterday and suspended the race almost halfway through. Today I resumed the race, only to have the game freeze up on me on my last lap before I was about to pit. Swearing to myself I quit the game and restarted. To my surprise and delight the game resumed the race instead of going to the opening menu.

Sweet

Back