GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
Actually that would be a very cool feature in my opinion, adding your own 'tuner name' to a car (perhaps only becoming possible when it's tuned) but I think license issues would prevent it from happening perhaps.
Which, given the possibilities of 'misuse', is understandable I guess.
'Enzo Ferrari eats.....'

Well, I guess you could have limited options... e.g. you can add set words to it? or specific words will just not be allowed? OR everytime time you see one you can submit a complaint, PD look at the name and tell the user to change it, or change the name for them? or something...

The update is good news. But the DLC, I won’t pay a cent for it! I would like people to explain me why they like DLCs so much… people criticizing PD for not releasing a DLC? God, they kept releasing FREE updates! Do you guys love to waste money? The updates should be free. I already paid a lot for the game. But congratulations people, you got yourselves a DLC.

I just hope the DLC is not a new track, because then it would not be available online, or would it?

And yes, I would love to have new cars, premiums and tracks, but free. If it's to pay for it, better if it did not exist.

Alrighty let me explain it to you in plain English. Those continuous updates were to fix bugs that should not have been there, not add content...those Seasonal Events, sorry but they're not new content either (just races to earn more money and crap). The suits and helmets? They should've been there from the start anyway.

So as for wanting DLC, we want new content in the form of cars and tracks free or otherwise. Understand?

Fall 2011 will be the one of the most packed gaming seasons in my life...
Already had Battlefield 3 and Skyrim planned. Not of my habit as I usually don't buy new games within a couple of weeks, but now GT5 spec II + DLC is thrown into the mix as well.

Better start making room on my HDD... :D

Wants: Spa, proper Top Gear track without invisible walls and cones, 2010/2011 premium cars.

Will gets: fictional tracks, standard cars, many many more Nissan GTRs

I am the only one who thinks this will ruin the fun of an endurance race?

Please don't start spitting fire at what I said because I have a life, family and a job too and have yet to complete the 24h but would like to give them a go knowing I have to do the full race distance no matter what, no easy way out.

Adding endurance saves will not take away your ability to do that. It's all about giving users the option.

Considering this is Spec 2.0 I do hope that PD have implemented a mode selection at the main menu GT Enthusiast and GT Pro and you get where I am going with this. Enthusiast will be GT A Spec mode how it is right now no real penalties for anything and Pro mode will have all the penalties on by default and you can tailor them back to a limit. I sure hope they fixed that AI and made them drive like us humans who drive without fear in the game anyway. AI cars will now match our car in PP for races, no more 5 lap catch me if you can races with silly spacing. Grid starting for all races(rolling as option), a much better tune shop keep tuning and car modding in one damn place, I don't want to have to switch areas to do either and make the oil change effortless please, no point to those useless animations for anything. Focus on racing, we can skip the animations or at least turn them off completely(car acquisition screen too). Stream line everything, when purchasing parts a check list would be easier to traverse than these pretty screens of non moving parts. How about more options for the RM, like multiple liveries for each and more RM for cars that should have them by now.

While they are at it I sure hope that we can modulate the sensitivity of our wheels, including the pedals for some real customization of control. The DS3 triggers need sensitivity settings as well, why not? Cars should have general class separation, so you can group them by class, engine size and what type of car. Online should also get more restrictions that we can use to make races a little more tightly controlled.

Sense of speed should be increased a few notches to be a little more immersive as the X2010 is the only car you get that holy crap that's fast feeling. The F1's should be just a few clicks below that car and then the rest of the power house motors only a few more beneath those, lord knows that 1000hp cars launch and accelerate with ferocious velocity so far it's pretty ho hum in that department and you only notice high speed jitter on La Sarthe. Here's hoping at least a few things change for the better in Spec 2.0, DLC should be more tracks first and foremost then perhaps new cars. Screw updating standards to premium that's a waste this point in the game, just brand spankin new rides like the Veyron SS and Audi R8 GT. Save the standard upgrades for GT6 when you can have the entire roster all premium, focus on new not old. Where is my Motegi?

I'm running a championship, and I have various cars for it. I just use different colors. For instance, my "Race car" is green, while my "Test car" with which I try little things on the set-up side, is matte black. Not a big system, but it works.

I use that too, but I'd like to have Red Racing Ferrari's and Red Stock Ferrari's :P

Auto Modellista had a similar feature, skip to 2:25 or thereabouts in this vid

To my knowledge it hasn't been done on any other game, so it'd be a novelty to see in GT5.

I had Auto Modellista for the PS, and I actually quite liked the idea of doing up a garage space back then, so it definately needs to be done again, only better!

3rd week of October....that's...1 week after Forza 4 comes out :dunce:

I guess they're a bit off w/ their timing....:indiff:
PD comes to think that their product is 1000% better than the competition, so they take their sweet time making anything.

Alrighty let me explain it to you in plain English. Those continuous updates were to fix bugs that should not have been there, not add content...those Seasonal Events, sorry but they're not new content either (just races to earn more money and crap). The suits and helmets? They should've been there from the start anyway.

So as for wanting DLC, we want new content in the form of cars and tracks free or otherwise. Understand?
I can say the tracks should have been there from the start too! The problem is the games cost a lot, and each time they have less and less contents... and then you have to pay more for new content! This isn't right.

I can say the tracks should have been there from the start too! The problem is the games cost a lot, and each time they have less and less contents... and then you have to pay more for new content! This isn't right.

totally agree. i hate the DLC charges. we pay enough for games as it is. now they want even more money from us if we want to use the game fully. this is not on for sure

This is great news, I think I remember calling a spec 2.0 update for release later this year some months ago. :cheers:

You could argue the cars should be there from the start as well. I'd rather pay for new content then have no new content. PD has families to feed as well, I'm sure it will be priced reasonable. If it is even priced at all. We are all just speculating.

I've just thought about something , about making standard cars to premium
there is nissan skyline r34 spec v I & spec v II , and soo on
it is waste of time making them premium isnt it ?

It's called business...
Exactly, and they only get away with it because people pay for it. Not only that, but I already read people wanting it... :ouch:

Many game manufacturers do suck. They make DLCs available after one or two days after the game release... 👎 For example, PD could only have released the 500 cars and then offer the other half in an expensive DLC...

Good business for them, but I'm not a fool. I stopped buying certain games/cds because of that. For example, I bought a Linkin Park CD, and a week later, the same CD, same price, with an extra song. Never got another LP CD again.

I was happy about PD not be doing this kind of business until now.

If we have to pay for he DLC I will not be amused. It would have come withe game anyway if it was to be released a year later-ish.

Start your own game maker and hand out free extra content! See how long you last :lol:
I would not do extra content. Correct bugs, not more. If I was PD, you would only get extra content in GT6.

The problem here is how GT5 was rushed and is lacking... specially the A-spec races in which they did not even bothered to make car entry restrictions... :crazy:

Back