GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
Exactly, and they only get away with it because people pay for it. Not only that, but I already read people wanting it... :ouch:

Umm there is no information about pricing anywhere, who knows if we will even have to pay for it? No reason get worked up about something we don't even have the correct facts for yet.

Many game manufacturers do suck. They make DLCs available after one or two days after the game release... 👎 For example, PD could only have released the 500 cars and then offer the other half in an expensive DLC...

Yea but they didn't. Do you really believe PD had this 2.0 update completly finished back in November? Yet they decided to wait a year to release it now? IMO they are still probably working on it as we speak. :lol:

Good business for them, but I'm not a fool. I stopped buying certain games/cds because of that. For example, I bought a Linkin Park CD, and a week later, the same CD, same price, with an extra song. Never got another LP CD again.

I was happy about PD not be doing this kind of business until now.

Yea, but this is a year later. If Linkin Park release an EP a year later with a few new songs that were not even written at the time when you bought the original album you really think your entitled to them for free. I don't think so. :lol:

Walks in the room puts a piece of paper on the table then runs and hides.

The paper reads "BIKES ARE TO BE ADDED?!?!?!?!" lmao

This is what I speculate / want:

Spec II update:
-Better game stability online
-Better Ai
-Damage options in career mode
-Tuning presets for all modes
-TOD and weather adjustments present online, now in arcade and GT Life practice
-Brake upgrades
-A couple more race modded cars ( <5 )
-Updates to tracks already in the game (like TOD and weather on track that do not have them now)
-Tweaked physics for tires
-New events in A and B-spec modes

DLC
-I am going to have to at most 1 new real world track and maybe 1 or 2 GT classic tracks remade. (I think Spa is likely because during a studio tour PD had a sticker for the track on their travel luggage)
-5-15 cars is my guess (probably a mix of new supercars, race cars and classics)
--Super cars: Lamborghini Aventador, Bugatti Veyron SS, 2012 Nissan GTR, Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition, Lancia New Stratos (That silly Scion FRSTH86 does not count)
--Race cars: Audi R18, Aston Martin LMR1, Ferrari 458 Italia GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Lexus LFA VLN
--Classic cars: 67' Ford GT40 Road Car, 63' Ferrari 250 GTO, 64' Aston Martin DB5, 69' Nissan Skyline GTR, 88' BMW E30 M3 Evo II

What i would love to see:

Mid-race saves
More enduros
Better replay function
More tuning Options
More premium cars
More race-modifiable cars
More licences
More variations of tracks

More tracks!
Spa Francorchamps
Bathurst
More city tracks
Old GT4 tracks!

HUGE test ring, like GT4! With facilities to check your cars performance (0-60, top speed etc)

Cars
Aston DBR9 GT1
Audi R18TDI
New F1 cars! F150 Italia and mp4-26
Lamborghini Aventador
2012 Mercedes CLS63 AMG
2012 Mercedes C63 Coupe AMG
2012 Mercedes CL63 AMG
Mercedes G55 AMG
2012 BMW M5
BMW X6M
BMW 1M Coupe
Audi RS5
Audi RS3
Audi S6
Audi S7
Audi S8
Audi R8 GT
Audi TTRS
Lotus Evora S
Lamborghini Reventon
Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale
Maserati MC12
Ferrari FF
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Jaguar XFR
Jaguar XJ Supersport
Jaguar CX-75
Jaguar XKR-S
Jaguar CX-16
Alfa Romeo 4C
Bentley Continental GT
Bentley Continental GT Supersport
Volkswagen Polo R
Volkswagen Scirocco R
2011 Fiat 500
Fiat Punto Abarth
KTM X-Box
Ariel Atom
Ariel Atom V8
2012 Ford Focus ST
2012 Nissan GT-R
Aston Martin One-77
Aston Martin Virage
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Aston Martin Rapide

I know all of this cant be done, but heck, its a wish list =P

We also really need some more paint chips and museum cards. Would be enough for a DLC....

And more skylines and miatas!!!

:scared:

AWESOME!

I don't mind paying for extra tracks or cars. I paid for the game as it was at the time and it was money well spend. The updates are fixes that were supposed to be fixed with the release and we get some little extra's for free along the way.

DLC is extra content which also costed money to program. I rather have DLC I can choose to pay for than not even having this option at all.

I think it's great PD didn't rush off to focus entirely on creating GT6 and neglect GT5.

I agree with you i have gotten more than my money's worth from the game in its current state and they have added some content for free(sure its not amazing content; helmets/ suits but it was free).
Im willing to pay for new tracks and cars, within reason.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. If true that is. But it's from the man, so... YEEEEAH.

Oh I am hoping it is true also my friend. It came from the mans mouth himself so it must be true. I am so stoked right now...I'm anxious to find out just what they are doing in this update with the DLC as well. More tracks? Cars? Revamped A-Spec with "adjusted" payouts? All this would breathe new life into GT5 to combat the juggernaut that Forza 4 is shaping up to be.👍

2rcy88o.jpg

Puts GT5 in PS3 and lauches.
Spash Screen.
"Do you want to connect to PSN?"
Select No.
Get to Main Menu
Select No.
Select Career Mode button
Select No.
Get to Career Mode screen
Select No.

ARGH!

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so annoying!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 218 (88 members and 130 guests)
Camaroyenko, acascianelli, amar212, amkobih, andrea, andym1989, another_jakhole, BearVomit, bmxmitch, breakbeatfreak, bushmaster, cally-dave, CarloPlaya, Charlie56560, Christoforo, DCP, DerBrandy, DGM_73, Disco_Mikey, dmeech, dzidza, ECGadget, ed24, evil_dave86, FaiKiow, Firehuntah, FishyJuice, Foghorn Leghorn, foxindebox, Fythos_GR, GeneralJesh, ghsnu, goirke, Griffith500, gslooney, GV27, HallowsVictim, HKSD1, hotrod65, ionian, jacoja06, Japspecvr6, Kalaspuffar, Keshian, Khaine_uk, Leonidae@MFT, mad_as_toast, magawolaz, markwang, MattZR1, Mcjoz88, Mouthy316, naju890, navaroxx, NYXoftheNIGHT, Oyashiro-sama, paskowitz, PeTXi, PPaulino, prarts, Rob192005, SeaNorris, sebase74, sems4arsenal, sher_da_putt, signmc, simontemplar09, Snakebitten, spunwicked, tankuroded, THEPUNISHER, TheStig722, three60, TimberW, Tired Tyres, toymdngn, tre12, trk29, Whistle Snap, Yohaan93, Zentex, ZoidFile
Wow

This is what I speculate / want:

Spec II update:
-Better game stability online
-Better Ai
-Damage options in career mode
-Tuning presets for all modes
-TOD and weather adjustments present online, now in arcade and GT Life practice
-Brake upgrades
-A couple more race modded cars ( <5 )
-Updates to tracks already in the game (like TOD and weather on track that do not have them now)
-Tweaked physics for tires
-New events in A and B-spec modes

DLC
-I am going to have to at most 1 new real world track and maybe 1 or 2 GT classic tracks remade. (I think Spa is likely because during a studio tour PD had a sticker for the track on their travel luggage)
-5-15 cars is my guess (probably a mix of new supercars, race cars and classics)
--Super cars: Lamborghini Aventador, Bugatti Veyron SS, 2012 Nissan GTR, Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition, Lancia New Stratos (That silly Scion FRSTH86 does not count)
--Race cars: Audi R18, Aston Martin LMR1, Ferrari 458 Italia GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Lexus LFA VLN
--Classic cars: 67' Ford GT40 Road Car, 63' Ferrari 250 GTO, 64' Aston Martin DB5, 69' Nissan Skyline GTR, 88' BMW E30 M3 Evo II

And hopefully the BMW E36 M3
And, it's a long shot... Bathurst (aka Mt Panorama)

well 3 cars are semi confirmed.The ft-86 2,the HSV and The Scirocco .

Oh and 221 members pfft you should have seen the latest news thread last year.

Even if they are in the range of EA DLC prices.

Cheaper Than IW Or Treyarch DLC Prices.

well 3 cars are semi confirmed.The ft-86 2,the HSV and The Scirocco .

Oh and 221 members pfft you should have seen the latest news thread last year.

H...hhh....HSV.... As in the Aussie V8 HSV???

Geez... I hope everyone isn't setting their expectations too high. You'll only be disappointed if you're expecting heaps of new premium cars and some new tracks. They can't just chuck-in everything new they've developed over the past year, or there will be nothing left for GT6.

I personally think there will be a maximum of 5 new cars, no new tracks and some new A-spec events. Anything more than that will be a surprise.

Wow, 6 years to release game, 1 year to release dlc, and i hope it will be free, i mean why pay for stuff that should be in game from the beginning? Pretty funny since forza 4 is around the corner. Wonder what stuff they implement in the dlc, i mean why pay for something that you dont know?

Geez... I hope everyone isn't setting their expectations too high. You'll only be disappointed if you're expecting heaps of new premium cars and some new tracks. They can't just chuck-in everything new they've developed over the past year, or there will be nothing left for GT6.

I personally think there will be a maximum of 5 new cars, no new tracks and some new A-spec events. Anything more than that will be a surprise.
That statement will be false, there are plenty of more stuff they can add to gt6, for example all cars premium, and more epic cars that are sought after, more tracks, drag racing etc, more bodykits, rims, better graphics. So yes, there are much more stuff to be added your ignorant. Will 5 more cars make the gameplay better? Well no, there are alot more featers wanted than cars. Look at forza, they chouse the best epic cars, wonder why PD cant do that, and when they implement cars they take the worst model, like the mercedes sl55 premium instead of sl600.....huh.

We also really need some more paint chips and museum cards. Would be enough for a DLC....

And more skylines and miatas!!!

:scared:
We also really need more comments like these. I swear, the number of these kinda comments take up more than a page worth in this thread.

Yea but they didn't. Do you really believe PD had this 2.0 update completly finished back in November? Yet they decided to wait a year to release it now? IMO they are still probably working on it as we speak. :lol:
haha duh
Is that such a bad thing, though?

I say they will make performance improvements then make everything else dlc. Don't expect anything you want to be added.
I know, that's serious truth. :dunce: Have you met Nismo34?

A much as it seems to be a great update, Im not expecting too much. A few new cars here or there, AI overhaul, maybe a new track. Nothing too major...

I hope they add an option for the garage where you can put cars into self-made sections (i.e. touring cars, LMP's, super GT). This feature will make the garage a lot more tidy and would possibly encourage use of more different cars.
👍👍👍👍 Also, just like somebody else said, to be able to change, or tweak, the name of your cars,

And paint chip "Favorites". So many times I want to do that, but don't have anything to write it down on because that's not really worth it. Better functionality is what GT5 desperately needs by simply adding more options, especially gameplay options for cockpit view and button functions during gameplay that can really add to the gameplay, maybe like nitrous and things like hydraulics (joking about that).

That statement will be false, there are plenty of more stuff they can add to gt6, for example all cars premium, and more epic cars that are sought after, more tracks, drag racing etc, more bodykits, rims, better graphics. So yes, there are much more stuff to be added your ignorant. Will 5 more cars make the gameplay better? Well no, there are alot more featers wanted than cars. Look at forza, they chouse the best epic cars, wonder why PD cant do that, and when they implement cars they take the worst model, like the mercedes sl55 premium instead of sl600.....huh.

Before all of your epic ideas can be implemented into the next Gran Turismo game, Polyphony need to first employ more people to get the game completed in a timely manner. I hope you're right though, because I do remember that Karting was originally meant for GT6, even though they were developing it during GT5.

And paint chip "Favorites". So many times I want to do that, but don't have anything to write it down on because that's not really worth it. Better functionality is what GT5 desperately needs by simply adding more options, especially gameplay options for cockpit view and button functions during gameplay that can really add to the gameplay, maybe like nitrous and things like hydraulics (joking about that).

Paint chip store would be nice. The ability to just buy a paint chip instead of a car would be absolutly beautiful. Nitrous wouldnt be too bad, althoug h i believe and option like that would require an Online restriction.

Drift points need to be fixed. Sick of Speed 12's and Special's domination. Also could go for a full drift score overhaul. Higher speed, higher angle, better line should all score points. Not slow as possible, not enough angle, following the racing line. Stupid.

Back