[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
Not really. There isn't really a gap between technologies. And when you look at the final picture, the Xbox and PS3..............they are computers.

All i know no PC racing game beats GT5 in terms of Graphics.

Also what 300 Dollar PC can run a game such as GT5 with the same quality of graphics? NONE!

But what $300 console can do the HUGE variety of things PCs do? In the end, comparing a game on PC to a game on a console now isn't much different than comparing within the same console or PC. The looks are pretty even. Some games look better and play better on PC, some on console.

indeed, Shift + the GTmod and other fantastic mods look GORGEOUS on my PC!

Presenting:
- full track replays
- new cars (Formula one, Audi R10,...)
- new physics mode to choose from: from Gran Turismo mod to GTR2 mod
- Imported DLC from XB360 : yes, Ferrari on PC!
- new lightings and colors closer to Gran Turismo 5!
... and MORE!

Images from Nogrip website:
shift1.jpg

honda.jpg

Judging from static images, some games are on par with (sometimes better than) GT in my opinion. The pics above, for example, look better than GT5P. But I still haven't found a game that, running, look more real than in GT. Maybe because GT has the right physics.

Click on the photos below to see them bigger. You'll notice that interiors in NFS Shift [EDIT: probably with mods] look better than GT, although the resolution of the pictures aren't ideal to judge properly.

Need For Speed: Shift

Forza 3

Dirt 2

I played some PC sims like rfactor and GTR2... It´s true, the mods make everything possible on the PC but I don´t know, I don´t get this "it´s right" feeling in these PC-Sims I played... It´s weired to describe but a mod does not give me the same feeling like a game with real license gaves me...

I agree, you really can´t compare PC-sims with console games... PC-sims seem to be more realistic but as I sayed, it gives me not the same feeling to download and install some fan mods... Everybody has a different game... In GT5 everybody will have the same game, same features, same graphics...

Also what kind of REALISM are we talking about?
Some say realism is the way car handles, some say realism is the way the whole race have rules and regulations and you drive to your own pits. Some say this and that. For me GT5 TT demo had most realistic handling from everything I have played, as well I bet GT5 will take the lead in my book. But thats my opinion.

So lets not go there and stick to GT5 talk only ;) because in the end everyone is right.

I played some PC sims like rfactor and GTR2... It´s true, the mods make everything possible on the PC but I don´t know, I don´t get this "it´s right" feeling in these PC-Sims I played... It´s weired to describe but a mod does not give me the same feeling like a game with real license gaves me...

I agree, you really can´t compare PC-sims with console games... PC-sims seem to be more realistic but as I sayed, it gives me not the same feeling to download and install some fan mods... Everybody has a different game... In GT5 everybody will have the same game, same features, same graphics...

Yeah, me too. GT gives me the "feeling" that no other racing game does. We can feel that GT developers have a true passion for cars, for racing, for what they do.

Also, the pleasure of taking a disc on our hands, inserting it into the console, taking the joystick (or the steering wheel) and turning on the TV: it's part of the whole experience, too.

indeed, Shift + the GTmod and other fantastic mods look GORGEOUS on my PC!

Presenting:
- full track replays
- new cars (Formula one, Audi R10,...)
- new physics mode to choose from: from Gran Turismo mod to GTR2 mod
- Imported DLC from XB360 : yes, Ferrari on PC!
- new lightings and colors closer to Gran Turismo 5!
... and MORE!

Images from Nogrip website:
shift1.jpg

honda.jpg

dispimage.php
wow. this looks awesome. where can i download these NFS mods?

:
Also what kind of REALISM are we talking about?
Some say realism is the way car handles, some say realism is the way the whole race have rules and regulations and you drive to your own pits. Some say this and that. For me GT5 TT demo had most realistic handling from everything I have played, as well I bet GT5 will take the lead in my book. But thats my opinion.

So lets not go there and stick to GT5 talk only ;) because in the end everyone is right.

Agreed, just finished playing the BB demo.Instead of like in GT:P where theres a feeling like you're just controlling the weight of the car on a track, now there is actually a feeling of thrust from your car as you push through turns, which as well adds more control over the feathering and turning of the car with no fear of spinning out opposed to GT:P.
(played with the dualshock3 assuming the feeling will carry over to steering wheel as well)in PRO mode TC:embarrassed:ff.

Im excited 👍

Last edited:
oh man, you are missing the force feedback of the steering wheel. Its so much more fun and you can tell early that the car is slipping and loosing traction.

I am excited as well.

GT5 is about 43 days away. So close yet so far away!

oh man, you are missing the force feedback of the steering wheel. Its so much more fun and you can tell early that the car is slipping and loosing traction.

I am excited as well.

GT5 is about 43 days away. So close yet so far away!

I KNO!!! :(

but i shall get a g27 for gt5!!! Do you think logitech will provide a new wheel by then? it's been a couple years has it not?

I really dont know. G27 was bit improved over G25, so it was not really a brand new wheel brand, so I hope so! But the Force GT wheel was designed for GT5 in particular.

Either way, with G27 you will be golden. Even if they do come out with new wheel it might be till mid to late 2011. Unless you really want to wait just get the much cheaper DF GT wheel. But pay more for G27, its worth it.

I really dont know. G27 was bit improved over G25, so it was not really a brand new wheel brand, so I hope so! But the Force GT wheel was designed for GT5 in particular.

Either way, with G27 you will be golden. Even if they do come out with new wheel it might be till mid to late 2011.

I just received my G27 last week, its sitting in the box next to my wheelstand pro box just waiting in anticipation. :drool:

Can you handle 40+ days till GT5? Man I have my wheel opened and awaiting for Kit upgrade to Version 2 (fanatec rs wheel) and knowing that the kit will be out few weeks before GT5 is driving me nuts allready! haha
I hope I got everything installed before the game comes out. Also I need to figure out how to mount the EYE Toy cam to the cockpit, and I need to raise the cockpit 5-10 inches from the ground to see the TV easier.

I KNO!!! :(

but i shall get a g27 for gt5!!! Do you think logitech will provide a new wheel by then? it's been a couple years has it not?

I got the g27 around the time it came out and that was earlier this year. I could be wrong, but I doubt they will bring out the new version of the g25/27 anytime soon.

I got a G27 last week for $230 CDN, practically brand new. I absolutely love it! I'm going to be building a cockpit around release time, and reverse mounting the pedals (so they are hinged from above like most cars). The wheel feels so much nicer than the DFP I had. The leather is way more comfortable, the FFB is great, and it's a nice quiet wheel too.

Shift definitely can't touch GT5 in motion, when it comes to graphics, no matter how much you mod it

The people behind GT5 have that artistic touch and flair that is lacking in other devs

^^ Probably because other devs are just out to make money while PD legitimately take pride and believe in their work.

Just watched smoe of those videos. Whoever was racing the rally car was terrible at driving. lol :D

Thanks for pointing out those videos. Theres a long replay video of the rain that I had never seen so nice catch!

yeah, not sure if anyone has really answerd the question on the jaggied shadow issue. Anyone know if this will be fixed in teh final game? Ive seen some cars with it and some cars that dont have jagged shadows.

yeah, not sure if anyone has really answerd the question on the jaggied shadow issue. Anyone know if this will be fixed in teh final game? Ive seen some cars with it and some cars that dont have jagged shadows.

I believe the issue will be resolved for all, but there is no confirmation one way or another at the moment.

quick question: how come I cannot create a new topic? I have over 100 posts but it still says I have not enough "suffiecent" privelages to post? What's the deal gtplanet?

quick question: how come I cannot create a new topic? I have over 100 posts but it still says I have not enough "suffiecent" privelages to post? What's the deal gtplanet?

Because a number of these 'new' members have a tendancy to make lots of threads which almost always show some old news/articles or are spam without thinking to search around or even look at the exsisting topics. Hope this helps.:)

P.s. However if it still dosent work for you ask one of the mods, i'm sure they can resolve it!

It may take up to one hour for your account status to be updated.

Back