GT5 Time Savers Pack ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtuned
  • 124 comments
  • 9,064 views
Messages
4,771
United States
New York
Messages
GO6DoRiFUt0
Messages
gtun3d
Would anyone else buy this ? I'd gladly spend 5, Hell, even 20$ for a DLC pack that includes the X1, F1, 787B, Alfa Romeo, and the Jaaaagg XJ13, with various other Multi-Million Cr. cars.
And before we get all the "PLAY THE GAME NOOB" Let me say this. Screw that.
Alot of other games (Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise, Split/Second, NFS, Skate) Have released DLC that just allow you to spend 5-6$ to unlock everything.
While i haven't bought any of those, they didn't require you to die from boredom by doing multiple races over, and over, and over again.
 
All we need is credits and xp for online races added to the game and it will take a while to get all the cars but it will be fun doing it.
 
Sorry but this is a sim, theyre arcade games. I doubt anyone would like very much for it to be released.
Id love a few free millions every now and again but its an RPG.
 
Sorry, but this isn't EA we're dealing with here.
 
A "time savers" pack for GT5 would cause me to lose all respect for the GT series. I've always loved the lack of cheats and having to earn what you get/want.
 
I agree.

Though I could see online go to hell, you could restrict the races and kick people if they choose cars like the X1. I like to drive cars, take some shmexy photos of cars, and just have them in general (especially the older cars).

Unless PD manages to create another 150 or so events and divide them among the beginner/advanced/pro/expert to accompany for the constant grinding of one race for one car (especially the FGT), then I say just release a pack to unlock all these cars (or atleast provide the intake money/level to do so). Or add money/EXP to be earned online.

I'd probably buy it. Forza 3 did a bad move with the 250 GTO, but made up for it in the LARGE amount of events and money to be made.

One of the good things is that everyone who pre ordered or got a collectors/sig edition has cars right at the start that can really kick some you-know-what.


Still enjoying GT5 though...but getting to that grind-like-hell point :/.
 
Okay, i figured no one else would agree with me on this but.
I still think PD will do the same thing. Cause it still make them money. People who are lazy/dontwantorace247 will buy it. They still make money out of it.
And it's not just EA, i'm pretty sure it was done with Motorstorm, Assassin's Creed II, Dirt 2 and others that i can't think of.
 
If you find racing to earn Cr. and XP. boring then stick with playing games and not racing sims
 
I wouldn't buy it, but I can see the value in the idea. I don't really care if online-guy-X bought his X1 or "earned" it, as long as we are all having fun.
 
If you find racing to earn Cr. and XP. boring then stick with playing games and not racing sims

It's a GAME, sims don't need XP/credit system to keep you playing it. The experience, immersion factor itself is enough of a reward to keep you playing it. That's the only dividing factor.

I play FSX because i love flying, not to unlock some super expensive 747 or JFK airport. Get it?? Same with A10c. You must do training to actually learn to fly it, no to unlock some missions or precision weapons. Imagine the rage at ED if they made stuff like mavericks, flir pod, or JDAM locked till you get to level 10 or something. Or rewards like "kill 1000 tanks with GAU8". FURY!

Same with FIFA. You get all teams and locations at start, you don't have to grind some 5th league matches to get access to el classico at Camp Nou. Or Bernabeu.
 
I guess it wouldn't be too bad if your ID was somehow "marked". Meaning that in the basic idea, the cars you bought could only be used online in rooms that allow it. Then also have rooms where only people who have not bought any booster packs play. So you don't race against someone who bought a car and was using that to make easy money on races.

Thats why I'm against it. I don't want to play online against people who in my opinion "cheated". Which is just my opinion.
 
Well if they provided a DLC for all the hard-to-get cars, they could make them a specific paint-scheme/livery which would make it obvious they were purchased and not 'earned'.
Then you can berate them for their lack of dedication to GT5 all you want, and they wouldn't/shouldn't care because all they wanted was the cars without going through the grind. Everyone wins.
 
Would anyone else buy this ? I'd gladly spend 5, Hell, even 20$ for a DLC pack that includes the X1, F1, 787B, Alfa Romeo, and the Jaaaagg XJ13, with various other Multi-Million Cr. cars.
And before we get all the "PLAY THE GAME NOOB" Let me say this. Screw that.
Alot of other games (Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise, Split/Second, NFS, Skate) Have released DLC that just allow you to spend 5-6$ to unlock everything.
While i haven't bought any of those, they didn't require you to die from boredom by doing multiple races over, and over, and over again.

Here is my "play the game noob" response, trying as hard as possible to not be so "play the game noob".

The difference between GT5 and those games is finding and collecting cars in GT5 is a major element of the game, where with the others you mentioned there are differences. Firstly theres a much more defined path, secondly the variation between the cars is much lower (certain classes are always competitive with others of their class), and thirdly, cash seems far more plentiful in those games and it requires a lot less "saving up" for the right car. For example I played through all of Shift with like 4 cars (Cobalt, Camaro SS, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Pagani Zonda), excluding the free DLC ones I got that I never used.

That said I can see the frustration many have in the game design where you do have to do a lot of the same races over just to get enough credits to get certain cars. Theres the other difference here is that there are far more cars and far more (quantity) desirable cars.

It just feels different to me, when it comes to this game that such a big element of the game is earning and finding cars, to have someone able to just pay extra to get them all cheapens the experience (and basically devalues trading cars) for the rest of us. JMO please don't flame me!
 
Last edited:
I agree.

Though I could see online go to hell, you could restrict the races and kick people if they choose cars like the X1. I like to drive cars, take some shmexy photos of cars, and just have them in general (especially the older cars).

Yes. Exactly what i want this pack for. I wouldn't even race them online, i'd just drive them in arcade/pratice for pictures, then most of their time would be in phototravel.
 
If there's going to be a time savers pack, make it 30 or more dollars. Laziness should be a penalized with having to pay. A lot. This is no arcade game with a short career or goal. This is Gran Turismo.

Better idea: Make a credit purchase pack. $1 = some amount of millions of credits? This wouldn't kill the career and it would allow people to save time on grinding.
 
The locked tracks, yes I could see a time savers pack for those easily.

For cars though? I think it would only be best if it made it so those cars could not be gifted or sold for money and marked as a time savers pack version so people online could choose to avoid people using them if they wanted. The best would be to open up purchases from the leveling system.

Of the games listed in the OP I have only played Burnout Paradise in its full version. A Time Savers pack there gave you cars that were just given to you during your progression through the game. There was no buying cars. Once you were able to have the car you just had it, no in-game economy to worry with. Unlocking the cars listed would be the equivalent of paying for DLC to give you $100+ million in your account.
 
I like the Jeremy Clarkson reference. However, you would spend $20 on that? Damn.

If there's going to be a time savers pack, make it 30 or more dollars. Laziness should be a penalized with having to pay. A lot. This is no arcade game with a short career or goal. This is Gran Turismo.

I like GT because you earn what you want. It's also why I like Demon's Souls. You want something? Work hard for it. You want everything handed to you? Buy an EA game...
 
It just feels different to me, when it comes to this game that such a big element of the game is earning and finding cars, to have someone able to just pay extra to get them all cheapens the experience for the rest of us. JMO please don't flame me!

That's exactly what it is. A car collecting game. Racing is just a nuisance to get to them. Rats have to press a lever to get food, we have to grind races to receive cr/exp.

And some still call it a sim, pathetic...
 
That's exactly what it is. A car collecting game. Racing is just a nuisance to get to them. Rats have to press a lever to get food, we have to grind races to receive cr/exp.

And some still call it a sim, pathetic...

So i shouldn't have to work IRL to get a car?
If you don't want to grind to get credits, there is a good option. Don't grind!
 
My most expensive car is the Italia. And no, I do not need a time savers pack.

Cars and money have to been earned. And the earning/racing is supposed to be the essence of the game.
 
I'll be honest, I'd get it just for the Nurburgring 24-hr time change track. I CANNOT believe it's locked behind the "gold all intermediate AMG challenges"... I have gold in them all except the last full lap and I'm missing it by 2-3 seconds every time. I spent an hour and STILL cannot pass it. I tried watching videos of people online and I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. I turn all assists off, hit every corner and I'm not making mistakes but my gosh I cannot shave off those last few seconds! :banghead: :banghead: I would pay 10 freaking dollars just for that stupid track right about now. SO IRRITATED!!! Why is that track arbitrarily locked like this??? BAH!!! SOrry I'm just so frustrated right now!! :lol:
 
It would be the best update for GT5. It should be free though. I guess I wouldn't mind paying $5 to escape GT Life, but more than that for a feature that should have come with the game is pushing it.

Side note
If you find racing to earn Cr. and XP. boring then stick with playing games and not racing sims
You've got it backwards. Real sims don't use gimmicks like credits.
 
Last edited:
I'll be honest, I'd get it just for the Nurburgring 24-hr time change track. I CANNOT believe it's locked behind the "gold all intermediate AMG challenges"... I have gold in them all except the last full lap and I'm missing it by 2-3 seconds every time. I spent an hour and STILL cannot pass it. I tried watching videos of people online and I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. I turn all assists off, hit every corner and I'm not making mistakes but my gosh I cannot shave off those last few seconds! :banghead: :banghead: I would pay 10 freaking dollars just for that stupid track right about now. SO IRRITATED!!! Why is that track arbitrarily locked like this??? BAH!!! SOrry I'm just so frustrated right now!! :lol:

Scientists would electroshock you by now. Return to the skinner box and GET THAT REWARD!

GT5 is turning into a very interesting operant conditioning experiment :nervous:
 
It would be the best update for GT5. It should be free though. I guess I wouldn't mind paying $5 to escape GT Life, but more than that for a feature that should have come with the game is pushing it.

Side note

You're got it backwards. Real sims don't use gimmicks like credits.

5 dollars? Increase that to 30 dollars and i would agree.
 
Cars and money have to been earned. And the earning/racing is supposed to be the essence of the game.

You can have your essence, but I don't see why you have to take a good game and fill it with garbage content [GT Life] for other people.

If unlocking things made any difference to someone else's game, I'd understand the opposition. But there is no way to effect another's game. There is no cheating. There's just people complaining for no real reason as far as I can see.

5 dollars? Increase that to 30 dollars and i would agree.

Why? All the cars should available upon purchase.
 
If you find racing to earn Cr. and XP. boring then stick with playing games and not racing sims

Are you suggesting that something is only a sim if it requires XP and credits?

Please tell me you aren't saying that. lol

Having to unlock half the things in the game hardly makes it a "sim".
 
Not got any of those cars but I'd be mighty pissed to have done all that work and find everything I did rendered useless. That time is worth more than five bucks to me.
 
Not got any of those cars but I'd be mighty pissed to have done all that work and find everything I did rendered useless. That time is worth more than five bucks to me.

Are you the one who decided that time is valuable? I know I wasn't the one.

Out of the all the people here saying they'll be "cheated", who wants to put in time to get cars? Who thinks that the time is valuable? Who unlocks things because they are fun?

Answer yes to any of those, and what exactly are you being cheated out of? You can grind Indy for 7 years if you wanted. You could "not grind" Indy for another 7 years after that buying the different cars you are restricted to using due to credits and level. All of this is independent of how anyone else plays.

In short, if unlocking things is so great in your opinion, you have no right to complain. You are willingly putting up with GT Life because you supposedly enjoy it. How am I ruining it for you if you want to grind out to get the cars you want?
 
Are you the one who decided that time is valuable? I know I wasn't the one.

Out of the all the people here saying they'll be "cheated", who wants to put in time to get cars? Who thinks that the time is valuable? Who unlocks things because they are fun?

Answer yes to any of those, and what exactly are you being cheated out of? You can grind Indy for 7 years if you wanted. You could "not grind" Indy for another 7 years after that buying the different cars you are restricted to using due to credits and level. All of this is independent of how anyone else plays.

In short, if unlocking things is so great in your opinion, you have no right to complain. You are willingly putting up with GT Life because you supposedly enjoy it. How am I ruining it for you if you want to grind out to get the cars you want?

This. Right Here.
Call us noobs or idiots or whatever for not playing the game to "collect" the cars. But Really, it's just absurd to have these cars be that damn much.
And the Simple thing.
Don't buy the damn pack. I didn't buy any of the other Time savers packs cause i could beat the game and unlock them.
But PD has ridiculously set the standards high for these cars, which is ********. No one is going to care if someone spent 10$ or 10 Hours racing for the same car.
Really, i think the person who spent 10$ is going to be liked more by Sony/PD cause they're handing over 10$ for cars that they wouldn't be able to get anytime soon. If you've come in here to complain and take the "Righteous" Route and preach to everyone to play the game to get the cars, just don't even post. I'd pay for a Pack, and im sure i'm not the only one who would dump 10$ for it than 10 Hours that i could spend doing something else.
 
This. Right Here.
Call us noobs or idiots or whatever for not playing the game to "collect" the cars. But Really, it's just absurd to have these cars be that damn much.
And the Simple thing.
Don't buy the damn pack. I didn't buy any of the other Time savers packs cause i could beat the game and unlock them.
But PD has ridiculously set the standards high for these cars, which is ********. No one is going to care if someone spent 10$ or 10 Hours racing for the same car.
Really, i think the person who spent 10$ is going to be liked more by Sony/PD cause they're handing over 10$ for cars that they wouldn't be able to get anytime soon. If you've come in here to complain and take the "Righteous" Route and preach to everyone to play the game to get the cars, just don't even post. I'd pay for a Pack, and im sure i'm not the only one who would dump 10$ for it than 10 Hours that i could spend doing something else.

You shouldn't pay anything!! Those cars and tracks are already payed! Kaz is like some sadistic creep, laughing at poor rats who have to suffer the grinding (CeeJay's post) to get their VIRTUAL precious. IT'S NOT EVEN REAL, ffs.
 
Back