GT5 Time Savers Pack ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtuned
  • 124 comments
  • 9,064 views
I think the biggest problem is the lack of events and the inconsistent prize money and experience for the races.

98k for 3 mins 40 seconds round an oval track.
136k for a 2 hour endurance race.
 
A "time savers" pack for GT5 would cause me to lose all respect for the GT series. I've always loved the lack of cheats and having to earn what you get/want.

LMAO, lack of cheats. Okay might be time to take your GT sunglasses off.
 
Yeah, cheats as in... UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

As far as I know, the closest you are going to get is shortcuts on some tracks.
 
I've said this before but if you go on the God Of War boards you don't see people complaining that they can't just skip to the last level and expect Sony to just leave it there for them. Resident Evil doesn't allow you to skip to the last Zombie and only whack the ones you feel like in between. How is this different? They are all "games" and all of them take time to go through. Only here the levels and bosses are replaced with tracks and cars. Yet based on the responses here you would think that its some sort of design flaw that you *gasp* actually have to play the game to get to the higher levels and cars. The nerve of them!

I hate to say this but you knew what you were getting into. Most people in this thread have experience with GT prior to GT5, at a time when DLC didn't exist and you had to play to get what you wanted. Yet you are so quick to bash on the designers for bucking the trend of money whore companies like EA that are more than happy to de-value the accomplishment of actually completing the game by just charging you money to skip ahead.

I work for a company that sells consumer products, we will call them XYZ. They NEVER give anything away for free (excluding obviously donations for charities, contests, etc). But for example if there is a palette of excess product that has been sitting for too long and there is nowhere to unload it and its out dated, it is destroyed, for two reasons. One because of the ability to write off which is a financial incentive. The other is as to not devalue the brand and the product. If XYZ starts handing out their product for free, or giving the excess to someone who does the same, it cheapens the brand because why would people pay for something they can wait a bit for and get for free. This is a known business principle and done by many consumer product companies.

The designers of GT want you to play the game to get to the better cars and levels, its the game they created, and how they designed it and want it to work. They want their product to have a certain value and the cars and tracks as well, so that all aspects to the game have some value (like trading cars, and winning car in a later challenge). If you want it different, go design your own racing game, or go buy one that fits your needs. They didn't twist your arm to buy it, and theres plenty of other titles out there that will fit the bill. You knew what you were buying.
 
Why are people claiming that GT was some 'pure' game with no easy-mode before?

With GT4 after about 3 or 4 months of playing it and unlocking it to about 75-80% i then just couldn't dedicate the time to it anymore and also had other games i wanted to share my time with so i downloaded a GT4 100% save-game and used that.

So yeah ... they never made it a DLC 'official' unlock but lets not delude ourselves by thinking it never existed.

I'm enjoying GT5 but i can't play it during the week cos i live in a hotel due to my job ... so at weekends i put in a few hours when i can but why should i be denied the enjoyment of the game? I paid exactly the same amount of money for it as anyone else .... i have the content locked away on the disk/drive but i'm struggling to get past the mid teens levels.

In my free time i maybe can do a couple of hours a night .... thats in reality only about 6 or so races....

I'm perfectly happy with being awarded an 'EZ Mode' Trophy that 'brands' me unworthy ... whatever really .... i just wanna take some of the exotics and have some FUN with them on my own terms
 
Sorry, but this isn't EA we're dealing with here.

👍

Back in the day cheat codes to get everything were on the back of a game magazine

Now we have to pay money? Real money?

No
 
I am fundamentally against paying money to buy a game and then paying money again to access the content on the game disc (the X1, etc...) that I just paid money for.


I'm perfectly happy with being awarded an 'EZ Mode' Trophy that 'brands' me unworthy ... whatever really .... i just wanna take some of the exotics and have some FUN with them on my own terms

Until you can access exactly what you want there's quite a bit of really high powered fun to be had playing online or in your own lobby or in arcade mode you can get quite a few of the more higher powered cars in these modes just in case you have only been playing GT Life.
 
Would anyone else buy this ? I'd gladly spend 5, Hell, even 20$ for a DLC pack that includes the X1, F1, 787B, Alfa Romeo, and the Jaaaagg XJ13, with various other Multi-Million Cr. cars.

That sounds like the battlecry from the 'something for nothing' brigade! :lol:

Do yourself a favour and learn to play the game, because it is the journey, and not the destination that is the fun part! 👍
 
Why are people claiming that GT was some 'pure' game with no easy-mode before?

With GT4 after about 3 or 4 months of playing it and unlocking it to about 75-80% i then just couldn't dedicate the time to it anymore and also had other games i wanted to share my time with so i downloaded a GT4 100% save-game and used that.

So yeah ... they never made it a DLC 'official' unlock but lets not delude ourselves by thinking it never existed.

I'm enjoying GT5 but i can't play it during the week cos i live in a hotel due to my job ... so at weekends i put in a few hours when i can but why should i be denied the enjoyment of the game? I paid exactly the same amount of money for it as anyone else .... i have the content locked away on the disk/drive but i'm struggling to get past the mid teens levels.

In my free time i maybe can do a couple of hours a night .... thats in reality only about 6 or so races....

I'm perfectly happy with being awarded an 'EZ Mode' Trophy that 'brands' me unworthy ... whatever really .... i just wanna take some of the exotics and have some FUN with them on my own terms

Cheats have been around forever, we don't even have to discuss that, it just happens. The difefrence now is they make you "pay" for it. Or not.

The problem here is you and many others seem to expect to be able to finish the game in a week. Some games, sure you can do that. This isn't one of them, neither are games like FF XIII. I still don't see where the problem is, the game has been out for 3 weeks and everyone is acting like a crime that they all couldn't beat everything it had in that time period.
 
I've read so many posts from people that have played every GT game in the series, that still have a problem with the slow progression of the career mode in GT5, that it's not even funny
But it does seem like a jump to go from "I love the series, but I wish they would change the progression system" to "Screw that. Other games allow me to pay for instant access, GT5 should too."


I understand that people don't have a lot of time and all that. Trust me, I get it. I have a backlog of games I want to play with some two-year-old titles untouched. But I am one of those people who has a problem with the fact that it is now commonplace to have a game offer less than 20 hours of single player gameplay and puts a new title out every year. Those games are awesome for fitting into my available time, but I don't feel it is worth $60. And no amount of multiplayer makes up for a gimped single player, especially when I know my stats will start fresh in a year.

I used to blame developers for the lack of single player experiences that match up to ten years ago, but I am beginning to see that maybe the developers aren't the problem.
 
I've said this before but if you go on the God Of War boards you don't see people complaining that they can't just skip to the last level and expect Sony to just leave it there for them. Resident Evil doesn't allow you to skip to the last Zombie and only whack the ones you feel like in between. How is this different? They are all "games" and all of them take time to go through. Only here the levels and bosses are replaced with tracks and cars. Yet based on the responses here you would think that its some sort of design flaw that you *gasp* actually have to play the game to get to the higher levels and cars. The nerve of them!
That's funny, because in Resident Evil I don't remember repeating the same level over and over and over again, ad nauseum, to progress to the next one. According to your logic, they could have put content in GT5 at level 900, and that would still be okay.

Some of us just don't have the time to get to some of this content. I finish work for the day, I come home to play GT5, and I'm racing the same races, every single day, just to level up to gain access to the rest of the game. And I'm getting absolutely nowhere.

There is nothing wrong with levels, but there is definitely something wrong with them when they are ridiculously far apart and require 'grinding' for literally weeks. I've never played a game where the level system, and content distribution among said levels, is so completely wrong.
 
I wouldn't object to a time savers pack, but I wouldn't buy it.
Personally, I think the events need a little balancing of credits and XP and we need credits and XP for online events. If they do that you wouldn't need to grind the same events over and over. All the game needs is a bit more variation, that's all. :)
 
Would anyone else buy this ? I'd gladly spend 5, Hell, even 20$ for a DLC pack that includes the X1, F1, 787B, Alfa Romeo, and the Jaaaagg XJ13, with various other Multi-Million Cr. cars.
And before we get all the "PLAY THE GAME NOOB" Let me say this. Screw that.
Alot of other games (Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise, Split/Second, NFS, Skate) Have released DLC that just allow you to spend 5-6$ to unlock everything.
While i haven't bought any of those, they didn't require you to die from boredom by doing multiple races over, and over, and over again.

They already sold "Time Savers Pack's" - they're called "pre-order" and CE/LE/SE. They include all the cars you need to get an early leg up on the competition.

And you get a free keychain as well ;)
 
That's funny, because in Resident Evil I don't remember repeating the same level over and over and over again, ad nauseum, to progress to the next one. According to your logic, they could have put content in GT5 at level 900, and that would still be okay.

Some of us just don't have the time to get to some of this content. I finish work for the day, I come home to play GT5, and I'm racing the same races, every single day, just to level up to gain access to the rest of the game. And I'm getting absolutely nowhere.

There is nothing wrong with levels, but there is definitely something wrong with them when they are ridiculously far apart and require 'grinding' for literally weeks. I've never played a game where the level system, and content distribution among said levels, is so completely wrong.

Maybe I just haven't gotten far enough yet but I am at level 21 (halfway to 22) and have not yet had to repeat a single event to get anywhere, and I still have the majority of Expert and Extreme events left to go. And this is after 3 weeks that I have devoted an inordinate amount of time to (and have lacked in other things like cleaning my apartment!). I have a job, girlfriend, volunteer fireman, etc and a ton of other things that take up my time as well so I am only playing for an hour or two at most per day.

Will I admit that people ending up needing to "grind" may be the fault of the game design and maybe some updates are needed? Yeah of course, but that doesn't mean they should just hand everyone all the content of the game for $10. Just fix it (which they say they will do).
 
Sorry but this is a sim, theyre arcade games. I doubt anyone would like very much for it to be released.
Id love a few free millions every now and again but its an RPG.
Sims have all content accessible from the start.

Hopefully the save game back-up can be switched between profiles so we can download a completed game save as in GT5P.

I'm interested in driving cars not grinding to earn credits.
 
Maybe I just haven't gotten far enough yet but I am at level 21 (halfway to 22) and have not yet had to repeat a single event to get anywhere, and I still have the majority of Expert and Extreme events left to go. And this is after 3 weeks that I have devoted an inordinate amount of time to (and have lacked in other things like cleaning my apartment!). I have a job, girlfriend, volunteer fireman, etc and a ton of other things that take up my time as well so I am only playing for an hour or two at most per day.

Will I admit that people ending up needing to "grind" may be the fault of the game design and maybe some updates are needed? Yeah of course, but that doesn't mean they should just hand everyone all the content of the game for $10. Just fix it (which they say they will do).
Oh absolutely, I don't think unlockable content should be available to purchase, just that the levels need some balancing as a matter of priority. Paying for it would be like paying to unlock the later levels of a game, which is wrong.

And then paying for additional content is another story.
 
i'de pay $5.00 each for ...
a full rally season.
Cr 50,000,000.
JGTC car bundle.
Rally Car bundle.
DTM Car bundle.
 
Last edited:
Of it all, none of it makes sense!!!

Apart from stopping some of the tracks people looked forward to the most being locked away, and for some of them, they'll stay there forever!

The car level thing is really crazy i think. I've felt cheated out of The PD F1 TWICE NOW!!! Had enough credits, but it simply passed me by in a blur of "You're level is not high enough"

Those are my only two problems with the entire package... And what? The OP appears to be complaining at an original, unique and clever feature.
GT life has been GT mode for the last four games. For about a decade and a half: Why should it leave now? GT1 excelled because it was doing things differently. Why should GT5 HAAVE to do things the same as others? Its grabbed how many best-selling records? Ive lost count but i know they've all gone Platinum... 5:Prologue was biggest selling Exclusive-to-one-system game for a [not very long] Time.
 
Sims have all content accessible from the start.

Hopefully the save game back-up can be switched between profiles so we can download a completed game save as in GT5P.

I'm interested in driving cars not grinding to earn credits.

Thats a blanket statement that is wrong.

There are tons of examples from consoles (F355 Challenge) to the PC (Falcon 3.0 and 4.0), etc.
 
Back in 2004, I would have gladly grinded my way through GT to get the cars I wanted to drive and to reach 100% completion. Of course, I was young and did not have a care in the world. Life was simple and I had the time to give GT some proper attention because it was something I enjoyed.

But now, in 2010, seven years later, I can no longer afford to do that. My kids are learning how to walk, my job requires me to travel and/or long hours, my wife is stuck in Osaka due to visa problems leaving me alone with two kids, and I cannot give GT the proper attention it needs.

So, yes I would gladly pay for a time savers back and I don't care if it's cheating or dignified. I don't care how some of you would feel about it, I bought the game to enjoy and I would gladly pay more for the privilege to use cars I will never see. Maybe I'm not "hardcore" enough to sit in front of the TV for hours on end trying to get that one elusive car but there are other things with higher priority in life than a virtual set of pixels.

tl;dr Stop being self-righteous. We are all fans of GT5 in different situations.
 
Back in 2004, I would have gladly grinded my way through GT to get the cars I wanted to drive and to reach 100% completion. Of course, I was young and did not have a care in the world. Life was simple and I had the time to give GT some proper attention because it was something I enjoyed.

But now, in 2010, seven years later, I can no longer afford to do that. My kids are learning how to walk, my job requires me to travel and/or long hours, my wife is stuck in Osaka due to visa problems leaving me alone with two kids, and I cannot give GT the proper attention it needs.

So, yes I would gladly pay for a time savers back and I don't care if it's cheating or dignified. I don't care how some of you would feel about it, I bought the game to enjoy and I would gladly pay more for the privilege to use cars I will never see. Maybe I'm not "hardcore" enough to sit in front of the TV for hours on end trying to get that one elusive car but there are other things with higher priority in life than a virtual set of pixels.

tl;dr Stop being self-righteous. We are all fans of GT5 in different situations.

Amen Brutha!!! :)

This man speaks of the truthful things.
 
Back in 2004, I would have gladly grinded my way through GT to get the cars I wanted to drive and to reach 100% completion. Of course, I was young and did not have a care in the world. Life was simple and I had the time to give GT some proper attention because it was something I enjoyed.

But now, in 2010, seven years later, I can no longer afford to do that. My kids are learning how to walk, my job requires me to travel and/or long hours, my wife is stuck in Osaka due to visa problems leaving me alone with two kids, and I cannot give GT the proper attention it needs.

So, yes I would gladly pay for a time savers back and I don't care if it's cheating or dignified. I don't care how some of you would feel about it, I bought the game to enjoy and I would gladly pay more for the privilege to use cars I will never see. Maybe I'm not "hardcore" enough to sit in front of the TV for hours on end trying to get that one elusive car but there are other things with higher priority in life than a virtual set of pixels.

tl;dr Stop being self-righteous. We are all fans of GT5 in different situations.

You will be given no sympathy for your situation here in the world of elitist/holier than thou GT5 players!
 
You will be given no sympathy for your situation here in the world of elitist/holier than thou GT5 players!
[HOLIERTHANTHOUATTITUDE] How is it any different than if he were playing any other game? [/HOLIERTHANTHOUATTITUDE]
 
[HOLIERTHANTHOUATTITUDE] How is it any different than if he were playing any other game? [/HOLIERTHANTHOUATTITUDE]

I really doubt a time savers pack will ever come out in the first place. I myself don't even have a need for something like that, but I can understand how some others have a legitimate reason for wanting it.

Just seems like 90% of the people in this thread are know it all's that think they have everyone in the world figured out, and talk down to everyone that doesn't see things their way. I just don't see the point in acting like that.
 
I really doubt a time savers pack will ever come out in the first place. I myself don't even have a need for something like that, but I can understand how some others have a legitimate reason for wanting it.

Well yes, it is a suggestion! Such a thing will probably never happen and if GT5 saves are ever unlocked, I will download a 100% save and enjoy my cars.

Still, in the free time I do have, throwing a fully modified Vitz around the Ring is my definition of fun and I thank GT5 for allowing it. It's possible to still have fun at a low-level.
 
I really doubt a time savers pack will ever come out in the first place. I myself don't even have a need for something like that, but I can understand how some others have a legitimate reason for wanting it.

Just seems like 90% of the people in this thread are know it all's that think they have everyone in the world figured out, and talk down to everyone that doesn't see things their way. I just don't see the point in acting like that.

More like 20% of the people in this thread believe that because their life situation doesn't allow them to play video games as much as they want, the designers of the game should bow down to them and change their game to make it work THEIR way.

Its like going to an art museum and not liking the colors in the painting and expecting the artist to change them because you paid to get in and see it and you and your friends don't like them.
 
More like 20% of the people in this thread believe that because their life situation doesn't allow them to play video games as much as they want, the designers of the game should bow down to them and change their game to make it work THEIR way.

Its like going to an art museum and not liking the colors in the painting and expecting the artist to change them because you paid to get in and see it and you and your friends don't like them.

That comparison is funny, but I see your point.

At the same time I think the game developers would like to make as much money as possible, in return for their product. So I don't see it as being such a bad thing that there are so many different people, in different situations wanting to play the game in a non traditional way.

I also don't see anyone in this thread demanding anything from PD. It was merely a hypothetical topic that was brought up to be discussed. And too many people on here just looking for a pissing match that feel the need to talk down to others.
 
That comparison is funny, but I see your point.

At the same time I think the game developers would like to make as much money as possible, in return for their product. So I don't see it as being such a bad thing that there are so many different people, in different situations wanting to play the game in a non traditional way.

I also don't see anyone in this thread demanding anything from PD. It was merely a hypothetical topic that was brought up to be discussed. And too many people on here just looking for a pissing match that feel the need to talk down to others.

I agree, and while this thread is light on "demands" this is topic that has been covered here before, regarding cheats and so forth with sometimes much more heated debate. I regard the responses that say "I PAID MY MONEY FOR 1000 CARS I WANT 1000 CARS" as, "demanding".
 
Sorry, but this isn't EA we're dealing with here.

/topic

PD aren't quite so desperate and greedy as EA.

Edit: or should that be desperately greedy?
 
More like 20% of the people in this thread believe that because their life situation doesn't allow them to play video games as much as they want, the designers of the game should bow down to them and change their game to make it work THEIR way.

Its like going to an art museum and not liking the colors in the painting and expecting the artist to change them because you paid to get in and see it and you and your friends don't like them.

It's not a demand, it's more or less of a "give me an option to "cheat" man, it's cruel that I will never see cool cars! I will even pay you!" plea.

But hey, I love cars. :)
 
Back