GT5 Time Savers Pack ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtuned
  • 124 comments
  • 9,064 views
Would anyone else buy this ? I'd gladly spend 5, Hell, even 20$ for a DLC pack that includes the X1, F1, 787B, Alfa Romeo, and the Jaaaagg XJ13, with various other Multi-Million Cr. cars.
And before we get all the "PLAY THE GAME NOOB" Let me say this. Screw that.
Alot of other games (Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise, Split/Second, NFS, Skate) Have released DLC that just allow you to spend 5-6$ to unlock everything.
While i haven't bought any of those, they didn't require you to die from boredom by doing multiple races over, and over, and over again.

I wouldn't mind it - even if it was a a set of coupons for a random historic, F1, or special car.

I'm busy with my kids, consulting practice, and real life motorsport (time/weather permitting) to sit around and grind A-spec. Thankfully, B-spec is there. Now only if that web interface was out, I could stop running up and down the stairs every 30 minutes.
 
More like 20% of the people in this thread believe that because their life situation doesn't allow them to play video games as much as they want, the designers of the game should bow down to them and change their game to make it work THEIR way.

Its like going to an art museum and not liking the colors in the painting and expecting the artist to change them because you paid to get in and see it and you and your friends don't like them.

So now GT5 is a work of art? If so, it's got to be dogs playing poker, or Elvis on black velvet.

GT5 is a bargain at $60. I would have bought the special editions, but wife and kids surprised me with the regular copy on release day.
 
I would have bought it. Actually I'd probably still pay good money for an x1 !!
 
I wish polyphony just added a 'win' button on the start screen.
If so, 90% of the threads here would be eliminated.
Just push the button, get instant gratification and then watch the game collect dust.
 
People don't want an easy "win" button, I just want a track. ONE SINGLE TRACK. I want the 24-hr Nurburgring time change track. This track is locked behind a single timed lap of 7:05 in a pre-selected car. I have no wheel, just a controller, I'm fairly decent at GT5 and try my best to get better when I play. I CANNOT PASS THIS FINAL ONE LAP CHALLENGE. I cannot unlock this track. You can mock me and tell me to get better but this is beyond frustrating. WHY is this locked? Why do I have to pass this time?? I'm not asking for an easy win button but I don't recall asking for a challenge that seems beyond my limit as a GT player. You can turn your nose up at me and make fun of me but to have a videogame make me this angry.. I just want the track to run time trials on. I just want this one track but PD has determined I'm not good enough. I'm sorry this SUCKS.. :mad: :banghead:
 
For those who play it because we just love the driving it is just another chance to drive some more.

And maybe that is the difference in attitudes. Not everyone is playing it as a game to be beat.


But if this is a dark side it has been like this for over ten years now and no one is wearing dark masks with smoker's wheeze.

I agree with you mate! You dont play a GT game to 'beat' it in two weeks, you play it to enjoy it
 
I wish polyphony just added a 'win' button on the start screen.
If so, 90% of the threads here would be eliminated.
Just push the button, get instant gratification and then watch the game collect dust.

Seems like the volume of threads here is bothering you. Is it too much to ask you to simply wade through the repetitive threads. May be you need a 'win' button for the forum, so you don't have to read the same old threads over and over again.

Sounds vaguely familiar... kind of like grinding through this game.
 
Last edited:
People don't want an easy "win" button, I just want a track. ONE SINGLE TRACK. I want the 24-hr Nurburgring time change track. This track is locked behind a single timed lap of 7:05 in a pre-selected car. I have no wheel, just a controller, I'm fairly decent at GT5 and try my best to get better when I play. I CANNOT PASS THIS FINAL ONE LAP CHALLENGE. I cannot unlock this track. You can mock me and tell me to get better but this is beyond frustrating. WHY is this locked? Why do I have to pass this time?? I'm not asking for an easy win button but I don't recall asking for a challenge that seems beyond my limit as a GT player. You can turn your nose up at me and make fun of me but to have a videogame make me this angry.. I just want the track to run time trials on. I just want this one track but PD has determined I'm not good enough. I'm sorry this SUCKS.. :mad: :banghead:

Totally agree with him. This is a stupid move on PD's part to lock tracks. I can understand cars, but tracks? I'd like to use some of these tracks for time trials and stuff, but I have to beat a particular event just to use it. That's just beyond silly.
 
I really doubt a time savers pack will ever come out in the first place.
This is PD's first full experience with online. I don't rule anything out.

I myself don't even have a need for something like that, but I can understand how some others have a legitimate reason for wanting it.
I do too, but I wonder why I don't see them asking the same of many other games.

At the same time I think the game developers would like to make as much money as possible, in return for their product.
While this is true, some developers do have a reason for why the gameplay progresses the way it does and could fear that they may actually damage the overall game by something like this. Or resources are limited and devoting them to this at this moment might not be possible. I just find it funny that a game that would have taken me months to complete 100% even when I was in college playing GT for 6+ hours a day has people three weeks in complaining about the time of progression.

I also don't see anyone in this thread demanding anything from PD. It was merely a hypothetical topic that was brought up to be discussed.
Let's be fair, the OP started off with a "Screw that" in the post.

And too many people on here just looking for a pissing match that feel the need to talk down to others.
I'm not talking down to anyone. I am asking what I feel are legitimate questions, like how GT has always been this way so I don't get the complaining. And no one has directly addressed that for themselves yet.

One thing you might want to also remember is you are reading words on a screen which lack voice inflections. What you see as people being rude in some way might be some guy sitting there with just a quizzical look on his face, who literally doesn't understand how after ten years of the same system people will pay for it and then complain.

But part of it may also be that I find it funny that those complaining are talking about grinding a race I haven't had the opportunity to even play yet because I have had to deal with a YLOD, a wife getting her gall bladder out, numerous doctor appointments of my own, a 9-month-old baby, and two winter storms since the game has launched. I am lucky to start playing before 10:00PM and I have to be awake at 5:00 AM to get ready for work.
 
I wouldn't pay real money for cars that I can buy in-game. I would just like more events etc as a less boring way to circumvent the 'playing the same race continually until I either earn enough money or die of boredom' until I get said cars.
 
....


While this is true, some developers do have a reason for why the gameplay progresses the way it does and could fear that they may actually damage the overall game by something like this. Or resources are limited and devoting them to this at this moment might not be possible. I just find it funny that a game that would have taken me months to complete 100% even when I was in college playing GT for 6+ hours a day has people three weeks in complaining about the time of progression.

LOL exactly. After years of playing GT4 I only hit like 49%. I believe I just hit 40% in 3 weeks of playing (and not nearly as much as I did in the past).


I'm not talking down to anyone. I am asking what I feel are legitimate questions, like how GT has always been this way so I don't get the complaining. And no one has directly addressed that for themselves yet.

One thing you might want to also remember is you are reading words on a screen which lack voice inflections. What you see as people being rude in some way might be some guy sitting there with just a quizzical look on his face, who literally doesn't understand how after ten years of the same system people will pay for it and then complain.

But part of it may also be that I find it funny that those complaining are talking about grinding a race I haven't had the opportunity to even play yet because I have had to deal with a YLOD, a wife getting her gall bladder out, numerous doctor appointments of my own, a 9-month-old baby, and two winter storms since the game has launched. I am lucky to start playing before 10:00PM and I have to be awake at 5:00 AM to get ready for work.

So if anyone has a reason to complain about lack of time to play...... :)
 
This is PD's first full experience with online. I don't rule anything out.


I do too, but I wonder why I don't see them asking the same of many other games.


While this is true, some developers do have a reason for why the gameplay progresses the way it does and could fear that they may actually damage the overall game by something like this. Or resources are limited and devoting them to this at this moment might not be possible. I just find it funny that a game that would have taken me months to complete 100% even when I was in college playing GT for 6+ hours a day has people three weeks in complaining about the time of progression.


Let's be fair, the OP started off with a "Screw that" in the post.


I'm not talking down to anyone. I am asking what I feel are legitimate questions, like how GT has always been this way so I don't get the complaining. And no one has directly addressed that for themselves yet.

One thing you might want to also remember is you are reading words on a screen which lack voice inflections. What you see as people being rude in some way might be some guy sitting there with just a quizzical look on his face, who literally doesn't understand how after ten years of the same system people will pay for it and then complain.

But part of it may also be that I find it funny that those complaining are talking about grinding a race I haven't had the opportunity to even play yet because I have had to deal with a YLOD, a wife getting her gall bladder out, numerous doctor appointments of my own, a 9-month-old baby, and two winter storms since the game has launched. I am lucky to start playing before 10:00PM and I have to be awake at 5:00 AM to get ready for work.

I can agree with what you're saying, and see the point as well. Your posts weren't the ones I was referring to though. I didn't see you make one condescending remark. Maybe I am just taking some posts wrong, but there are still far to many people that post their opinions as if they are facts.

There are god knows how many people playing GT5, and everyone has their own reason for playing. That was pretty much my only point.

Only 1 more hour at the office for me today, and I can quit looking at these damn forums, and go home and turn GT5 back on :lol:
 
By the way, I see your Shift key works. Why not use it properly, as per the AUP?

because frankly it's a retarded requirement. if the fact that a letter in a sentence which is posted on a game forum is bothering someone then that someone really needs to get a life...

Why is it such a big deal that I want that option (meaning it is a choice for me as the DLC would be a choice for you)? To me it sounds like:

You're right it is your choice, But its a choice made purely out of spite, imo. I don't buy for one minute that someone so vocal on the situation would use this option for fear of having an inferior vehicle. It would be done out of principle because you somehow feel your game play experience has been cheapened by a content pack that someone else used to take the easy route.

There I used capitals... Now have a coke and a smile :)

...Actually I'll have one too! :D

Note: I'm not trying to drag you into a pissing match and there's no hate on my end. Just pointing out what I feel are flawed outlooks.
 
Last edited:
I can agree with what you're saying, and see the point as well. Your posts weren't the ones I was referring to though. I didn't see you make one condescending remark. Maybe I am just taking some posts wrong, but there are still far to many people that post their opinions as if they are facts.
It's the Internets. Some will always act like that. I'm also a defender of the small underpowered cars being in the game, so I often run into the "the game should be like this," people.

There are god knows how many people playing GT5, and everyone has their own reason for playing. That was pretty much my only point.
I think the problem is that developers like Yamauchi have their way of making it and that's that. Hideo Kojima is similar. Oddly, the guys that make their games with that "It is my game, my vision," attitude also make my favorite games. That may have to do with the fact that to get away with that attitude you have to have earned it, which also comes with non-interference from the publisher.
 
Wow. I had no idea that me saying something on my mind would get people pissed off for some reason.
So much for freedom of speech/not ignorant people.
"BUT IM NOT BEING IGNORANT YOU TOOL"
When you come in here and compare me to a kid who just got the game and i want everything now, shut up.
I'm level 22 A Spec and 8 B Spec, i've bought 90% of everything i have, so please, Don't call me a lazy noob and nag to complete the game. **** you all, it was just a post.
 
Wow. I had no idea that me saying something on my mind would get people pissed off for some reason.
So much for freedom of speech/not ignorant people.
"BUT IM NOT BEING IGNORANT YOU TOOL"
When you come in here and compare me to a kid who just got the game and i want everything now, shut up.
I'm level 22 A Spec and 8 B Spec, i've bought 90% of everything i have, so please, Don't call me a lazy noob and nag to complete the game. **** you all, it was just a post.
Don't know why anyone would compare you to a kid, especially after this mature post.
 
XP and credits for racing online combined with more spec events would help. On a side not I wouldn't buy a time saver pack and I have no gripes with anyone who would, but I would be lying to say I wouldn't download a game save with everything unlocked.
 
Don't know why anyone would compare you to a kid, especially after this mature post.

Oh i swore, i didn't realize that was immature. Or maybe i should use more text type.
But it's just ********, i suggest one thing cause Me, along with other players are just face palming about these ridicously high standards. Level 30 For the challenge for the X1, that is near impossible to beat with a Dualshock, which most people have because not all of us can buy a wheel setup. So to get anywhere near close to having it would be to buy it off PSN. I'll play the game how i want which is mainly for photography, and you can play it however you want, i don't ****ing care. Fun for me is getting cars, taking them out for shoots and maybe racing on the side. Not going through 20 races that are annoying/irritating. "But just do it anyways and stop bitching" once again, **** you, I only posted it to suggest something, not get a lecture, which is bassically all this thread is.
Yes i do have problems, and getting bashed on for this stupid idea is really the childish thing.
 
Calm down man. They're allowed to have opinions too.

And I also wouldn't buy a "time Savers Pack." That's ridiculous. It ruins the challenge of the game and what they made it for.
 
It's a GAME, sims don't need XP/credit system to keep you playing it. The experience, immersion factor itself is enough of a reward to keep you playing it. That's the only dividing factor.

I play FSX because i love flying, not to unlock some super expensive 747 or JFK airport. Get it?? Same with A10c. You must do training to actually learn to fly it, no to unlock some missions or precision weapons. Imagine the rage at ED if they made stuff like mavericks, flir pod, or JDAM locked till you get to level 10 or something. Or rewards like "kill 1000 tanks with GAU8". FURY!

Same with FIFA. You get all teams and locations at start, you don't have to grind some 5th league matches to get access to el classico at Camp Nou. Or Bernabeu.

well said!
👍
 
^ How can you compare FIFA to GT? As much as it tries to make sense, that's 2 completely different aspects of the video game world.
 
I think we all need to calm down and meet people halfway. There are people that think there way is the only way to play. We're all gamers and we all love GT. So let's all chill out. If people want to buy a pack like that then they are entitled to. Some people want to just play the game with cars they've always wanted to play in. If it happens it happens. But right now there is no guarantee that this will even come out if it does then they shouldn't be punished for buying something. I don't get why people say they should get marked. Should collector or sig edition get marked as well? Its there money if they pay that is how they earned their cars paid real money. If people want to earn it then earn it it's not like they bought cars that are instant win. The only one would be the x1. Everything else would be the same so let's stop this elitist attitude and just embrace the racing that is GT 5
 
I've said this before but if you go on the God Of War boards you don't see people complaining that they can't just skip to the last level and expect Sony to just leave it there for them. Resident Evil doesn't allow you to skip to the last Zombie and only whack the ones you feel like in between. How is this different? They are all "games" and all of them take time to go through. Only here the levels and bosses are replaced with tracks and cars. Yet based on the responses here you would think that its some sort of design flaw that you *gasp* actually have to play the game to get to the higher levels and cars. The nerve of them!

They're different because they have a sense of progression via plot and new abilities. GT5 creates a sense of progression and then slows it down with it's leveling system. In past GT games once you had the licenses you could pretty much do what ever you wished in the order you wished provided you had the credits (which after certain point were usually easy to come by) to buy a particular car.

If a player wishes to abandon this and simply indulge in buying different cars he is once again slowed down buy inconsistent effort to rewarding races.
 
^ How can you compare FIFA to GT? As much as it tries to make sense, that's 2 completely different aspects of the video game world.

I used it as an example of "everything available from the start" game, and because that's what i currently play with friends.
 
I wouldn't buy it but I am all for it. There are a lot of people that have bought the game that only get a few hours a week to play it because of work, and they don't want to spend those few hours grinding through the game just to unlock them.
 
I used it as an example of "everything available from the start" game, and because that's what i currently play with friends.

I know, but for FIFA or sports games, you should have everything, what only 3 teams? That'd suck. With GT, a racing simulator (across the gaming spectrum...), it has Career Mode that makes you have to work for it. I don't care for a pack, I won't buy it, and I don't care if anyone else buys it. I just don't think it will happen. PD isn't like a huge DLC fishline. And Kaz would never allow this, if you think about it.
 
I see your point. Finishing A-spec will probably worth 4 millions = one Veyron and one McClaren GTR, or one Chapalla.

Instead of buying appropriate car for every event and enjoying variety people ended up driving same old thing tuning it to some giant HP cause they don't have money.

Also you can drive only what you bought, which means instead 1000 cars in game you have 200 at best. You will never be able even try all other 800
 
I'm siding with the majority here. The lack of cheats and cheap progressions is what makes GT so rewarding. You feel like you've truly accomplished something when you look up at your balance and see you have a few million to play with. Not to mention the sometimes immense challenges to beat certain events with what you have. I love how fine tuning the same car can yield different results.

Long story short, if you want an easy racing GAME, go play Need for Speed. If you want a realistic, challenging, and rewarding experience that will last for years, play the one and only Gran Turismo.
 
I think we all need to calm down and meet people halfway.
I tried to suggest ways that would seem fair to everyone. No one responded to them. Heck even the OP would rather have a rant than actually discuss different possibilities.

There are people that think there way is the only way to play.
And his name is Kazunori Yamauchi? He's the only one forcing you to play a certain way, which is why my main point here always been that if you didn't see this coming it is your own fault.

I don't get why people say they should get marked. Should collector or sig edition get marked as well?
I made this suggestion, and already answered this question. I'll do it again. Sig and Collectors cars were assumed to be arcade only, like GT PSP cars are. The same GT PSP cars that allow me to race an F1 car straight out of the box because I grinded that game beforehand. And one of my suggestions was if we had this pack perhaps people would meet at a common ground if they had similar restraints as GT PSP cars. No response.

Oh, and for the record, Sig and Collector's edition cars are marked. They all look different.

Its there money if they pay that is how they earned their cars paid real money.
Fine, and my money went towards me working toward the designed goals of the game. Why shouldn't I be allowed to discriminate the two in my lobby?

If people want to earn it then earn it it's not like they bought cars that are instant win. The only one would be the x1. Everything else would be the same so let's stop this elitist attitude and just embrace the racing that is GT 5
So, if I set up a race for everyone to be in a 787B and had it open and some 14-year-old that bought the game and the time saver pack that day jumps in it would be unreasonable for me to know before he creates havoc?

Oh i swore, i didn't realize that was immature. Or maybe i should use more text type.
You were clearly using mature language (did you read the AUP?) but it was your overreaction I was referring to.

But it's just ********, i suggest one thing cause Me, along with other players are just face palming about these ridicously high standards. Level 30 For the challenge for the X1, that is near impossible to beat with a Dualshock, which most people have because not all of us can buy a wheel setup. So to get anywhere near close to having it would be to buy it off PSN. I'll play the game how i want which is mainly for photography, and you can play it however you want, i don't ****ing care. Fun for me is getting cars, taking them out for shoots and maybe racing on the side. Not going through 20 races that are annoying/irritating.
And you have some very excellent photography, by the way. I looked at your gallery. That is some great stuff. 👍

"But just do it anyways and stop bitching" once again, **** you, I only posted it to suggest something, not get a lecture, which is bassically all this thread is.
Yes i do have problems, and getting bashed on for this stupid idea is really the childish thing.
You asked if people would buy it. You opened the door for people to discuss it positively and negatively. And when people have differing opinions they tend to debate their reasonings. It is how we work. If you can't handle that don't ask others for their opinions (and definitely avoid the Opinions and Current Events forum).

I suggested various ways to try to make both sides happy in this and you had no comment. So don't be surprised if my response to you getting angry to the point of cussing (it really isn't called for) wasn't exactly positive. You can say "🤬 you" to me all you want, but that was not a mature response. This post was. I don't know what got you that worked up in 24 hours, but let's be honest, we are talking about a video game. It isn't worth it.
 
Back