GT5 Time Savers Pack ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtuned
  • 124 comments
  • 9,064 views
Long story short, if you want an easy racing GAME, go play Need for Speed. If you want a realistic, challenging, and rewarding experience that will last for years, play the one and only Gran Turismo.

I hardly see endless grinding in a couple of races with overpowered car as a "realistic, challenging, and rewarding experience". It's extremely easy and boring
 
I hardly see endless grinding in a couple of races with overpowered car as a "realistic, challenging, and rewarding experience". It's extremely easy and boring

Then don't use an overpowered car. . . It's your choice to overpower the AI.
 
DLC like that should be free, but i would not ruin my game with that kind of DLC.
 
I've bought any time savers pack for any game.

It is destoying the game you payed good money for.
(or at least for me it is)
The whole point of GT is to earn credits for the cars you like or want.
Even if that means doing several races over and over again.
It's a racing game so racing is want you need to do...
 
The way I see it this problem comes from the fact that GT5 is a weird Game/Sim hybrid and as such attracts both gamers and 'sim-players' (for lack of better words).

Usually a sim is all (and only) about the simulation aspect. You grab a car/plane/boat, choose a track/country/body of water and drive/fly/boat around. I haven't played many real sims, but the ones that I have played never had locked content (unless it was in the form of extra licenses for which you had to pay real money).
GTR evolution is a good example of a racing sim. You can pick any car you want and drive it in either a simulated season or your own events. No money, no unlocking involved. Just driving :)

On the other hand you have ofcourse the 'arcade games' like the amazing Burnout and MCLA. Hardly any simulation of real world physics, although MCLA has some licenses to real cars (so they look the part).

In GT5, the game part is flawed, there is no denying that. This makes the game part very tedious and for those of us who like to play sims, this is a big brick wall standing in between the user and his fun. GT4 had a more logical (and more realistic) progression system and as such that game had less people complaining.

So, as I said before, sim-enthusiast don't care that much for the gaming aspect and if/when it stands in the way of enjoying GT5, I can imagine people asking for a time savers pack. By removing the tedious gaming part (unlocking everything), the big group of players that bought GT5 solely for the great sim aspect of it can enjoy the full game too.

To be honest, it makes more sense to have a time savers pack for GT5 than for burnout...
 
Back