GT5 Used Car Database [in progress]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,863 comments
When talking about Polyphony Digital, it is generally best to avoid any question that begins "Why...", because that way lies insanity. All that we know is that it is, whatever their reasons.

I had not considered backward compatibility issues when I first uploaded my used car cycle. I have converted my file to the excel 2003 file format which should work for everyone.

Link to Used car cycle 92 days completed

I don't believe macros written in Excel work in Open Office (can anyone confirm) so sorry to those users. You can still look at my list to see if you find a match however.

Im still having trouble viewing the spreadsheet. I have tried the zipped attachments but it says that they aren't valid. Cant you attach a plain excel file or something?

So has anyone found someone elses Day 1 in their own list at day 2 or later?

Yes. Khaddar's day one is my day 31-35 and Fastas's day one is identical to mine but translocated two cars down.

I am wondering why no one has considered a-spec or b-spec level yet. If PD wrote a code that cycles through the cars in a specific order, what is stopping them from adding lines of code that only add certain cars at a certain driver level? We will be able to figure out the "rotation" of the cars once lvl 40 has been reached.

I have 3 Vauxhall VX220 '00 in a row right now. ranging from 38,793$-38,895$.

Actually that was when sorted by price. There are 2 that are on top of each other and a third 2 days later. You don't have that car in your database, so it's weird that I'd see 3 in one check of the used car lot.

Just throwing this out... but another factor influences the used lot might what cars you've bought. I watched the used lot like a hawk in the beginning and not much changed, then I gave up waiting for certain cars and just buying others. Sure enough more desirable models began to appear. For example I needed a Sport Truck, but nothing so I just bought a few random cars I'd would need later or that interested me and bingo - sport trucks start popping up more often.

Back in the GT1 & 2 days I remember several people who spent MONTHS trying to figure out the randomness of the prize cars (and their colors like the Green FTO LM and the red Del Sol LM)... but nobody ever cracked the code. Thus we decided it was truly random.

Based on what we've seen across multiple files and multiple regions and multiple people, I don't think there's any way it's truly random.

The odds would just be astronomical for us to have seen what we've seen.

I am wondering why no one has considered a-spec or b-spec level yet. If PD wrote a code that cycles through the cars in a specific order, what is stopping them from adding lines of code that only add certain cars at a certain driver level? We will be able to figure out the "rotation" of the cars once lvl 40 has been reached.

Because I've eliminated that variable. The car list on the same machine is the same on the same days at level 17 as level 0.

Just throwing this out... but another factor influences the used lot might what cars you've bought. I watched the used lot like a hawk in the beginning and not much changed, then I gave up waiting for certain cars and just buying others. Sure enough more desirable models began to appear. For example I needed a Sport Truck, but nothing so I just bought a few random cars I'd would need later or that interested me and bingo - sport trucks start popping up more often.

Back in the GT1 & 2 days I remember several people who spent MONTHS trying to figure out the randomness of the prize cars (and their colors like the Green FTO LM and the red Del Sol LM)... but nobody ever cracked the code. Thus we decided it was truly random.

The same cars appear at the same price with the same mileage on the same machine on the same day of any gamesave on that machine. There's no factors at play besides how the game determines the start point.

Also, it turned out that the decision that the prize cars in GT1 were awarded at random turned out to be wrong (at least for PAL). The colours may have been, but where you had two different cars, one was awarded if you started the event on an odd numbered game day and the other if you started the event on an even numbered game day. I found that out in October this year.

Funny old world, isn't it?

Still absolutely gagging to see this but still getting errors and corrupt file messages. Tornadoalley's list works but has not got my info yet. Can anybody help me see these files? I've tried all the steps above :grumpy:

I'll look at adding a direct file link to my site if I update tonight.

I saw a guy in another thread who found two Formula GTs. He said one appears shortly after the Audi Playstation LeMans Touring Car. He hasn't answered me yet, or come over here like I asked him to.

Not sure what game day he's on, but apparently the Audi Touring car shows up twice, since it showed up rather early in Fasta's but wasn't followed by a Formula GT for another 300 some days.

It would be interesting to know around what days he saw the two Formula cars, and what game day he's currently on. Might help a little.

I know the FGT appears at least twice, because one of mine was at a lower price than that commonly stated as the price.

It appeared two days after a BP Falken RX-7 and three after a Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car.

It appeared two days after a BP Falken RX-7 and three after a Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car.

I'm at day 620 and the RX-7 just showed up. 👍

I have been waiting for the FGT and it will be nice to see it. 👍👍

I'm going to do some practice, count the days and will report back.

If a Lancer Evo Super Rally Car was the previous day, you might be in luck. The BP RX-7 might show up more than once though - in fact it's quite likely.

Either Fasta missed a car, or my days are way ahead of where I thought I was. I haven't looked recently, but I was at 380 just a couple days ago. I just bought a Vauxhall Super Touring car that Fasta has showing up on day 360, which would've been around day 350 for me. He has it 3 times, but day 360 was the last one, and he was all the way up to 569, which is around 560 for me.

I'm in a B-spec race right now but I'm gonna check when I get out what day I'm on. Seems strange though. I guess the most reasonable explanation is that he just missed it.

Either Fasta missed a car, or my days are way ahead of where I thought I was. I haven't looked recently, but I was at 380 just a couple days ago. I just bought a Vauxhall Super Touring car that Fasta has showing up on day 360, which would've been around day 350 for me. He has it 3 times, but day 360 was the last one, and he was all the way up to 569, which is around 560 for me.

I'm in a B-spec race right now but I'm gonna check when I get out what day I'm on. Seems strange though. I guess the most reasonable explanation is that he just missed it.

I think you might be interpreting Fasta's code for the days incorrectly I think the two letters appear just below the day they are referring to. If you are referring to the Astra Super Touring Car I interpret it appearing on day 359 and then again on day 542. That is still a pretty big gap which makes it possible that he missed it in between. I'm no where in his cycle yet so I can't compare.

I did find that I've matched up with Suede's list that was posted a few pages ago.

I'm on 537.

I just looked again and it shows that it's on jd, which is 360.

Ah, nevermind. I thought the next one in the list after jd was gd, but it was actually qd, the q looked like a g. So all is well. He had it show up on 542, which lines up.

I wonder if he is continuing his or if I should start taking notes again from day 579 on.

Nice work, Famine and crew. :) I know this thread will definitely be the place where real answers are unearthed.

One pin of disappointment from my end. I'm starting to get nervous about seeing used cars in the same color over and over again. I know we're waiting to figure out the science behind the variation of used car colors. Famine, you gotta tell me -- does it look like we're SOL? This could be the worst bug in the game.

I tried using Tornado's file to generate a list for me, but it didn't work. I check his list, and all the cars in my first sextet are on his list in the same general area, but split between two days, and in a totally different order. The sextets below also have the same cars, but in a different order as well. I think the sextets are scrambled in the same way throughout the list though. Cars in the same location in each sextet are separated from the rest in the same way. Hopefully this sheds some light on the problem and can help to unite all the lists.

I think I can still use Tornado's list, but I'll have to look for everything and check the days manually. I really hope we can get this sorted soon though.

Just found the second Formula Gran Turismo. 7235 km. 4,819,125cr.

Comes 2 days after a sextet which contains both the Tank Car and the Veyron and the day after a Cizeta 16T. On mine it was day 585, which would make it 594 on Fasta's, which would mean it does appear twice, and there are 205 days between appearances. If nobody has reported a third Formula GT mileage/price, then I think the cycle might be more like 2 years.

Back