GT5 Used Car Database [in progress]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,863 comments
FGT FGT FGT!!! OMG!!!
This is good ... and bad at the same time.
Look at this:
Day Car
457 S Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
458 S Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car '98

How am I supposed to buy both I only have 4.9 mil! :crazy: I have two game days to make 2 mil :lol:

Got the FGT of course, still want that Escudo though.

Anyways, I wasn't going to upload my list until I had it more complete and I'm not as fast as you guys so I only have days 1-2 and 387 to 460. Since I just got the FGT though I'll post it up because even with the little bit I have it might be helpful (since I know a lot of people are FGT hunting still).

Unfortunately I don't know if this is FGT 1 or 2 I will have to fill in the gaps when I get a chance (it will take a long time though).

BTW my FGT is 4,819,100 credits with 7236km. 25 credits cheaper for 1KM more.

How do I check what day I'm on. I read it was in the XMB but I can't find it anywhere.
Go to the Game tab, then open up the PS3 Save Game folder. Put your cursor over the GT5 save and it will show up.

Attachments

• Used Car List.zip
    38 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Just found the second Formula Gran Turismo. 7235 km. 4,819,125cr.

Comes 2 days after a sextet which contains both the Tank Car and the Veyron and the day after a Cizeta 16T. On mine it was day 585, which would make it 594 on Fasta's, which would mean it does appear twice, and there are 205 days between appearances. If nobody has reported a third Formula GT mileage/price, then I think the cycle might be more like 2 years.

FGT FGT FGT!!! OMG!!!
This is good ... and bad at the same time.
Look at this:
Day Car
457 S Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
458 S Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car '98

How am I supposed to buy both I only have 4.9 mil! :crazy: I have two game days to make 2 mil :lol:

Got the FGT of course, still want that Escudo though.

BTW my FGT is 4,819,100 credits with 7236km. 25 credits cheaper for 1KM more.

Ah.

Tits.

That means there's at least FOUR of them in the "cycle". Two at 4,819,125cr/7,235km and two at 4,819,100cr/7,236km, since I have one of the latter in a completely different place...

I think I shall start trying to assemble the various car lists into a "master" list rather than carry on working on my own lists, to see if there's any end in sight. Of course there'll be translocated lists, so it won't really be a "master" list, but it'll do the job.

Either Fasta missed a car, or my days are way ahead of where I thought I was. I haven't looked recently, but I was at 380 just a couple days ago. I just bought a Vauxhall Super Touring car that Fasta has showing up on day 360, which would've been around day 350 for me. He has it 3 times, but day 360 was the last one, and he was all the way up to 569, which is around 560 for me.

I'm in a B-spec race right now but I'm gonna check when I get out what day I'm on. Seems strange though. I guess the most reasonable explanation is that he just missed it.

On my day checker tab I have highlighted where I may have missed data. Originally I didn't record the number of cars if there was two or more so this could explain some of the days that only have five cars. The obvious drawback to that is that I don't know which car was duplicated. I will not rule out missing cars though, perfectly plausible but, not completely detrimental to the spreadsheet.

I think you might be interpreting Fasta's code for the days incorrectly I think the two letters appear just below the day they are referring to. If you are referring to the Astra Super Touring Car I interpret it appearing on day 359 and then again on day 542. That is still a pretty big gap which makes it possible that he missed it in between. I'm no where in his cycle yet so I can't compare.

I did find that I've matched up with Suede's list that was posted a few pages ago.

Yes, my 'appearance' code is a two digit alphabetic' and follows by first letter and then second. AA before AB, BA after AZ etc, etc. I charted it in the hope that it would allow others to locate their day cycle and, if necessary re-ordering the numbers. I couldn't think of another way to monitor individual car appearances and keep the information clear and not spread over many hundreds of tabs.

I'm on 537.

I just looked again and it shows that it's on jd, which is 360.

Ah, nevermind. I thought the next one in the list after jd was gd, but it was actually qd, the q looked like a g. So all is well. He had it show up on 542, which lines up.

I wonder if he is continuing his or if I should start taking notes again from day 579 on.

phew 👍 Yes, I'm still working on it. I am now nearing the three year mark and I still haven't found all of the cars. Taking out of the equation the 'race modified' cars, I still haven't seen sixteen standard cars. I know some of these are prize cars but, that wouldn't explain why some prize cars appear in the UCD. I am currently looking at individual car appearance-regularity to see if there are any other likely patterns but, I still remain hopefull it is a simple fixed cycle. I just don't know how long it is.

Nice work, Famine and crew. :) I know this thread will definitely be the place where real answers are unearthed.

One pin of disappointment from my end. I'm starting to get nervous about seeing used cars in the same color over and over again. I know we're waiting to figure out the science behind the variation of used car colors. Famine, you gotta tell me -- does it look like we're SOL? This could be the worst bug in the game.

I have only seen two or three cars that have had different colours but, with the ability to paint a car any colour you want, the option to buy in different colours is kind of made redundant. The idea you buy a car just for it's paint chip is kind of fun however, not all car colours are available to my knowledge and, no one has tried to record which colours are available, yet.

Just found the second Formula Gran Turismo. 7235 km. 4,819,125cr.

Comes 2 days after a sextet which contains both the Tank Car and the Veyron and the day after a Cizeta 16T. On mine it was day 585, which would make it 594 on Fasta's, which would mean it does appear twice, and there are 205 days between appearances. If nobody has reported a third Formula GT mileage/price, then I think the cycle might be more like 2 years.

Yeah, I ruled out the two year cycle some days ago, sorry.

Ah.

Tits.

That means there's at least FOUR of them in the "cycle". Two at 4,819,125cr/7,235km and two at 4,819,100cr/7,236km, since I have one of the latter in a completely different place...

I think I shall start trying to assemble the various car lists into a "master" list rather than carry on working on my own lists, to see if there's any end in sight. Of course there'll be translocated lists, so it won't really be a "master" list, but it'll do the job.

I have already seen four Formula GT cars at just short of the three year mark. As I said above, it's almost definitely convinced that three years will not be the end of it.

Fastas.

Small question, Fastas: on which day did you see your fourth FGT? The list in my game is right at the end of your latest uploaded DB (d764).

MTC
Small question, Fastas: on which day did you see your fourth FGT? The list in my game is right at the end of your latest uploaded DB (d764).

The fourth one appeared on my game day 964, you have a little way to go yet. 👍

I tried using Tornado's file to generate a list for me, but it didn't work. I check his list, and all the cars in my first sextet are on his list in the same general area, but split between two days, and in a totally different order. The sextets below also have the same cars, but in a different order as well. I think the sextets are scrambled in the same way throughout the list though. Cars in the same location in each sextet are separated from the rest in the same way. Hopefully this sheds some light on the problem and can help to unite all the lists.

I think I can still use Tornado's list, but I'll have to look for everything and check the days manually. I really hope we can get this sorted soon though.

Dylan if you could I would be interested in knowing that the first four cars in your list are and the current day to see if I can figure out what is going on. There hasn't been any evidence yet that the hextets are scrambled but if that is the case then I will need to rethink my program. Be sure that you list your cars exactly how they appear at the top of your list
Car1-------Car2
Car3-------Car4

Suzuki - ALTO LAPIN Turbo '02----------Nissan - SKYLINE Sedan 300GT '01
Suzuki - GSX-R/4 Concept '01-----------Subaru - LEGACY B4 2.0GT '03
Day: 45

And for good measure, the next two cars are:
Lotus - Elise '00------------------------Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution VII GSR '01

Edit: And they are sorted by dealer aquisition.. I just checked to make sure.

Suzuki - ALTO LAPIN Turbo '02----------Nissan - SKYLINE Sedan 300GT '01
Suzuki - GSX-R/4 Concept '01-----------Subaru - LEGACY B4 2.0GT '03
Day: 45

And for good measure, the next two cars are:
Lotus - Elise '00------------------------Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution VII GSR '01

Edit: And they are sorted by dealer aquisition.. I just checked to make sure.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into it (I have a couple of theories). Have all of my prices and mileages been matching your cycle?

Every time I try any of the links posted it either brings me to google docs and nothing or tells me safari can't down load it WTF. Can some one help please.

Every time I try any of the links posted it either brings me to google docs and nothing or tells me safari can't down load it WTF. Can some one help please.

The google docs link should take you to a page to download the spreadsheet. There are several people who have had trouble downloading the attachments with some browsers and then when they switch to another browser it seems to help.

dylansan - I may have found my error. I'll try and upload a new program tonight and hopefully that will fix my problem.

I have only seen two or three cars that have had different colours but, with the ability to paint a car any colour you want, the option to buy in different colours is kind of made redundant. The idea you buy a car just for it's paint chip is kind of fun however, not all car colours are available to my knowledge and, no one has tried to record which colours are available, yet.

I've seen an AI Samba Green delSol in a race. I need a Samba Green paint chip to paint a delSol Samba Green. I can't get a Samba Green paint chip without first buying a Samba Green delSol. This goes for the Mitsubishi Mirage and, frankly, every other standard car in the game: if the Dangan ZZ can only be bought in red at the used lot, how the heck am I going to paint it in dark teal?

Is it possible that the used car lot rotations are downloaded to the game via DLC, and thus new used car rotations might be 'unlocked' when PD sends down an update? The cars and colors are there... but, for some reason, everyone's getting the same batch of cars over and over. This doesn't look promising. This looks like a bug.

thanx for the help i got the list to open but i cant seem to get it to work. i have imputed the four car at the top left to right top to bottom and the day but it cant find the pattern im on day 606. any help would be awesome. im trying to find the formula gt.

thanx for the help i got the list to open but i cant seem to get it to work. i have imputed the four car at the top left to right top to bottom and the day but it cant find the pattern im on day 606. any help would be awesome. im trying to find the formula gt.

The most likely reason it can't find the pattern is because I'm only a fraction of the days through what we believe the complete cycle to be. As it gets more filled in the list should be more useful to you.

Fastas has the most complete list among us if you want to try and figure out where your list matches his. You might have more luck finding the FGT.

Hm, I should've checked this thread a bit more often!

Started my own Excel sheet using Famine's as a base template, and it turns out my game started very close to where he did as well. My oldest recorded car was my Day 6, Car 6 - 2004 S2000, and my list matches up starting at Famine's Day 25, Car 4. I forgot to record my first five days, but seeing as how everything else in my 5 full cycles so far matches up, I don't think it's neccessary.

One interesting thing I'll have to double-check next time I'm on my main account: I have two '70 Chargers, both used, both with different colour paints. One was the 300,000+ km special, but the other wasn't, and I'm very curious as to how I managed that. Like HondaKid, I'm very interested in collecting some of the more unique paints out there (like the Samba Green Del Sol), and this current situation gets in the way.

Another note: Prize cars are randomly coloured, it would seem. My second account's gold license prizes, when applicable, have been different colours than my primary account's. I also traded with someone in the chat room last week for a Verde Countach, er, Countach LP400. I believing winning multiples of a car will always present you with the same colour, though; I have won two LP400's in my main account, and both came in Nero Tenebre.

I do not know if it is because of different versions (PAL-US) but when I look for a car of my dealer in Famine's list, only some of the cars match, but most don't. But using TornadoAlley's list, every car matches.

Could it be because of that? US-PAL diferences?

I do not know if it is because of different versions (PAL-US) but when I look for a car of my dealer in Famine's list, only some of the cars match, but most don't. But using TornadoAlley's list, every car matches.

Could it be because of that? US-PAL diferences?

I haven't checked for a little while but I think Famine and I are in different areas of the car cycle so while we we have seen many of the same cars the groupings of the cars don't match.

I don't think there is a difference in region.

I don't really understand. Do you guys know how this works yet (excluding the cycle length)? Reading your posts it seems like you do but there are still some things that need to be figured out ...

Should I keep tracking my used cars or is it no use?

I don't really understand. Do you guys know how this works yet (excluding the cycle length)? Reading your posts it seems like you do but there are still some things that need to be figured out ...

Should I keep tracking my used cars or is it no use?

I feel like we have a decent handle on how the cycle appears to be working. The issue right now is no one (to my knowledge) has seen the cycle start to repeat itself. What would be nice is if everyone combined their lists so that we could start to fill in the gaps and get the cycle finished.

What I've been trying to work on is a way that once the complete cycle is nailed down a user could generate a list that exactly matches their particular game cycle.

And of interesting note I brought my copy of GT5 to my brother's PS3 and it produced a totally different day 1 used car lot than the save file on my PS3.

For all those with download issues, I would recommend downloading the zip file with something other than Internet Explorer.

ok, after reading a bit more, the cars are cycled with an order, but different copies of the game start somewhere else in the cycle, and so far the cycle doesn't seem to repeat yet?

It would make sense as when i started a new game on a new account, the cars that showed up on day 1 (zero?) the used car dealership was the same as my other game.

Should the used car dealership display all the cars before it repeats itself? that assuming it does ever repeat itself.

The assumption is that yes it will display all of the cars in the lot before repeating.

That is assuming it does repeat itself.

i have excel viewe but have trouble with it opening the file.. just says the file type is unsupported

If you downloaded the zip file using Internet Explorer I heavily recommend downloading it with a different browser.

Back