GT5 Used Car Database [in progress]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,863 comments
Can someone answer my question, because I cannot view all those spreadsheet.
How many days are there between the first and second forumla GT would appear?

Thanks a lot

That's the first solid confirmation that the regions appear to have the same cycles. The one thing that I can't get from Fasta's database is the exact order that the cars are appearing in so that I could write a macro that if someone inputs the first four cars in their used car lot and their current day then a custom list would be generated for them to match exactly their game.

It would me much easier if all of the hextet's among all games were the same but that is clearly not the case.

What I'm toying with right now is what would be the most logical numbering system to use for the overall car listings (as demonstrated in the attachment).

Opinions? Or possibly a completely different system?

Well, I'm screwed. I just found the Formula GT in Fasta's Database. It will appear for me in about 8 game days. I only have 2.5 million credits right now.

As for your choices, I don't like either one, really. The 2nd one just isn't logical, and the 1st one every hextet appears "upside down", which isn't really ideal either.

The fact that they used a stack where new is added to the top and old drops off the bottom, and then added to the confusion with two columns, makes it rather difficult to count in a way that makes sense.

I think I have a better way though. I've attached a PDF with it. The first number is the day, second number is the # within that day.

It's more intuitive for writing, but less intuitive for a computer to shift and run formulas on. Not sure if we could get around that somehow.

View attachment 74225

It's interesting to see your thoughts on this and of course, it's played on my mind too. When I started registering the cars I hadn't figured out a way to map them and so my early list is a bit 'random'. I subsequently changed it to the two-digit letters because I hoped that would be sufficient - it isn't.

I'm currently maintaining a two digit format and will carry on doing so, at least until I know how many days there are in the cycle. I will probably update the references once/if I exceed 1,000 days.

As for the order of each sextuple; I haven't attached any importance to the individual order because I'm not entirely convinced it is of any significant importance to the cycle. I am aware that my list is staggered by one car compared to a few others but, it is easy enough to see/predict when a particular car will become available.

Fastas.

It's interesting to see your thoughts on this and of course, it's played on my mind too. When I started registering the cars I hadn't figured out a way to map them and so my early list is a bit 'random'. I subsequently changed it to the two-digit letters because I hoped that would be sufficient - it isn't.

I'm currently maintaining a two digit format and will carry on doing so, at least until I know how many days there are in the cycle. I will probably update the references once/if I exceed 1,000 days.

As for the order of each sextuple; I haven't attached any importance to the individual order because I'm not entirely convinced it is of any significant importance to the cycle. I am aware that my list is staggered by one car compared to a few others but, it is easy enough to see/predict when a particular car will become available.

Fastas.

While the order in each hextet is not terribly critical for visually comparing for someone, I believe there is a master order to all of the cars in the cycle (I don't have proof of that yet). And if there is a master order than it would be fairly straight forward to program Excel so that it can generate a custom list for anyone given they input their current day and a few of the cars present in their used car lot.

I've got a script written to search my listing and finds the point in my list where a group of 4 cars appears. The rest is just simply transposing my list so that it is offset by the appropriate amount to match their cycle. The key to my script is knowing that if Car X appears at position "n" and Car Y is at position "n+1" and Car Z is at position "n+1" then I have found where my list matches anyone's list. I'm not a good enough programmer to make a robust search that can look at a region around a given car.

I'll have to work on the script for transposing later as I'm ready for bed.

I have seen the Spyker on several occassions, I also bought 1 since I am from the netherlands myself ;)

Anyway, I can trade it if you don't have it by now yet.. I'm sure it'll pop up soon enough again. If you're interested just add me, my PSN ID is 'EvilEyez'

I now have the Nomad Diablo. Was able to buy as soon as I saw it. I've seen the entire MNP collection at least three times, but I have not yet seen the Spyker. I do have a few cars for trade but, PM me if you want to talk about that as I don't want to sidetrack this thread.

But, yeah, I've noticed that it's a bit easier to recognize cars you have because every car comes in one color. Like, back at the beginning of my game, I saw two Superbirds in exactly the same color.

Can someone answer my question, because I cannot view all those spreadsheet.
How many days are there between the first and second forumla GT would appear?

Thanks a lot

We don't know because we don't know the length of the cycle yet. The answer will be "one cycle", however long that is.

We don't know because we don't know the length of the cycle yet. The answer will be "one cycle", however long that is.

I'm confused by this... sometimes I see cars come up much closer together than "one cycle" if you mean the "cycle" that seems to be >700 days.

I must be misinterpreting what you're saying or something. :)

There is one LONG cycle of cars, probably. After this cycle is over the ENTIRE LIST will repeat, exactly car for car, from the beginning again.

Since we haven't actually gotten to the end of the cycle we don't know when it is.

You see cars come up multiple times because they're not rare cars and appear more than once per cycle. It's possible that ALL cars appear more than once per cycle, but in a different order, which would mean it's still part of the same cycle.

There is one LONG cycle of cars, probably. After this cycle is over the ENTIRE LIST will repeat, exactly car for car, from the beginning again.

Since we haven't actually gotten to the end of the cycle we don't know when it is.

You see cars come up multiple times because they're not rare cars and appear more than once per cycle. It's possible that ALL cars appear more than once per cycle, but in a different order, which would mean it's still part of the same cycle.

Is it possible that there are several lists "cycling" at once, and that's why it's possible to not see one car for hundreds of days, but then see two just a couple days apart? That's what happened with the MK1 GTI for me.

Sorry, I'm kinda jumping in late, but find this incredibly interesting.

No, not really.

As an example, let's say the cycle is 10 days long, and on each day you get a car. These cars are A-G.

The cycle could look something like this.

A B C D E D E C F G - A B C D E D C F G

Notice that cars E and D appear close to each other and more than once in the cycle, but that doesn't mean that the cycle ends when you see two Es or two Ds, because it goes on to be different.

The cycle isn't over until the whole thing repeats itself, not just little parts.

No, not really.

As an example, let's say the cycle is 10 days long, and on each day you get a car. These cars are A-G.

Notice that cars E and D appear close to each other and more than once in the cycle, but that doesn't mean that the cycle ends when you see two Es or two Ds, because it goes on to be different.

The cycle isn't over until the whole thing repeats itself, not just little parts.

Good explanation, thank you. I'll keep this thread near by, I hope we find the end of the list soon! Thanks for your hard work Famine!

Jerome

Why is there all this mention of not knowing what day you are in?

That is wrong. All you have to do is access your save file and ta-da your game days are displayed. I was at 480 something before I discovered it.

Should make using the list a lot easier for people knowing what day they are now on.

PS - if this is old news (which I expect it to be) then why is the first post and the readme file with the download all tell you that you can't find out what day you are on. "Try to remember how many times you have driven a car" lol come on you didn't honestly think the game would make you keep track of that did you? haha

The first post was edited to include that info. There are still a few bits of the first post that are written as if we still didn't know that though. I would assume the readme hasn't been updated either.

No, not really.

So, the theory right now is that it's one big cycle that includes multiples of some (or all) cars that will eventually repeat itself.

I guess once the cycle repeats itself, then we can look at the cars per cycle and actually determine if certain cars are more or less rare than others based on how many times they appear per cycle.

My confusion with Famine's post about having to wait for the next cycle for the FGT was that one would have to know that the FGT only shows up once per cycle, which I didn't think we knew, yet, since no one has proven the cycle length yet or shown that the FGT is only in the "full cycle list" one time. If it is in there more than once, which some cars obviously are, then it won't be a full cycle until it appears again. Correct?

Just trying to understand, and hopefully at some point, help. :)

That's true, we don't know that the FGT doesn't show up more than once per cycle. I think it's just an assumption based on the fact it has only showed up once so far, and a hope that the cycle isn't 1000000 days long.

There could be two FGTs within a couple cars of each other for all we know. I've gotten the same exact car more than once within a single day, so anything is possible.

That's true, we don't know that the FGT doesn't show up more than once per cycle. I think it's just an assumption based on the fact it has only showed up once so far, and a hope that the cycle isn't 1000000 days long.

There could be two FGTs within a couple cars of each other for all we know. I've gotten the same exact car more than once within a single day, so anything is possible.

OK, yeah, I was just confused.

I've even seen two identical cars in my 30-car lot at the same time.

Hopefully, there will be a clearly repeating pattern soon, as it would allow us to truly know if something is rare or not. If every car shows up in the cycle the same number of times, then no used car lot car is really any more rare than another (except for cars you can win elsewhere).

There's pretty much no way that no cars show up any more than others.

I've seen 2 of the same car on the same GAME DAY, and if you look at the databases there's certain cars that show up 20 times, and some that haven't even shown up yet.

Why is there all this mention of not knowing what day you are in?

That is wrong. All you have to do is access your save file and ta-da your game days are displayed. I was at 480 something before I discovered it.

Should make using the list a lot easier for people knowing what day they are now on.

PS - if this is old news (which I expect it to be) then why is the first post and the readme file with the download all tell you that you can't find out what day you are on. "Try to remember how many times you have driven a car" lol come on you didn't honestly think the game would make you keep track of that did you? haha

The first post was edited to include that info. There are still a few bits of the first post that are written as if we still didn't know that though. I would assume the readme hasn't been updated either.

Indeed. My apologies for trying to be helpful.

Incidentally, I'm reasonably sure the FGT comes up more than once in a full cycle too, since I've seen one at a different price than the one commonly cited.

My confusion with Famine's post about having to wait for the next cycle for the FGT was that one would have to know that the FGT only shows up once per cycle, which I didn't think we knew, yet, since no one has proven the cycle length yet or shown that the FGT is only in the "full cycle list" one time. If it is in there more than once, which some cars obviously are, then it won't be a full cycle until it appears again. Correct?

Just trying to understand, and hopefully at some point, help. :)

That's correct - though "one full cycle" would be the next definite time the car appeared :D

So you think that the mileage and price match exactly between cars in the cycle? I wasn't under that impression, but I didn't write down mileage or price for my cars.

Does the part of your cycle that matches with Fasta's have all the cars priced exactly the same?

The way I was thinking of the cycle was just Model-Make-Color as being the identifier of a "unique" car in the cycle, I wasn't including the price or mileage.

Price and mileage are identical, yes.

The "cycle" is bloody long though - if it even cycles. It might just be a preset 20,000 day list.

There's pretty much no way that no cars show up any more than others.

I've seen 2 of the same car on the same GAME DAY, and if you look at the databases there's certain cars that show up 20 times, and some that haven't even shown up yet.

I haven't delved into the databases enough to notice that, yet, but that's the kind of stuff that will be really interesting to "prove" when we have the complete "cycle".

There are a lot of people claiming things are "rare", but at this point, that's speculation until we have the whole cycle... although, like you said, it does look like there will be significant variance in the number of times a car shows up per cycle.

That's correct - though "one full cycle" would be the next definite time the car appeared :D

Agreed... until we can prove there are more than one per "cycle".

Last edited by a moderator:
I gather this should prove just how 'random' it can be in the used car dealer. Three of the same car, same color, with approximately the same mileage popped up in mine. Interestingly, two came from the same 'acquisition', and the third was one 'acquisition' earlier. They are together only because I sort by price most often.

used.jpg

Seems weird that there would be two of the same car in the same hextet.

I am looking at a Veryon in the used Car dealership with zero miles on it. Awesome! But, with no miles, it costs 2,000,000cr....and I don't like the Veyron. But it's nice to know that there can be unused, used cars in there from time to time.

I am on over 400 days now, still looking for the Volvo s60 and no joy. Wondering where or who will be kind enough to keep one for me whenn they get the chance to BUY IT! LOL

So I've completed the beta version for my excel program to generate a custom list for any user. The hang up I'm having right now is I'm only 80 days into my game so the list isn't very useful yet.

I'm going to try hosting it as a download from google docs so that I can update the version without the link changing.

Link to File

A couple of notes about the file. In order to make the custom list work I had to use a macro which I know some people aren't comfortable with. If you aren't that won't offend me and I suppose could also host a macro free version that only contained my cycle in it if someone wanted it.

Basically to use the sheet go to the data entry page and fill in the blanks using the drop down lists. Once you click the button if a match exists in my list the Custom list tab will contain what I know of the cycle adjusted to match your current day and any offset in the hextets that you might have from mine.

As I said this is a beta so if you find a problem (and I'm not a very proficient programmer so there are bound to be some) let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Edit:
The list is arranged so that the cars at the top of the list match the bottom of the used car screen in GT5. This is a result of the new arrival cars filling in the top of the list. I still think this will prove useful as I get more of the list completed. For example, if you have a list generated starting at day 1 and are currently on day 13 then the cars in your used car lot would be from days 9-13 in my list. Sorry this is so confusing but PD sure didn't make it as easy as GT4.

Last edited:

I had the same thing in my lot (3 Tiburon in one 5 days cycle) and just now I saw 2 RUF CTR '67 right next to each others (different mileage and prices)

FINALLY! A Spyker finally made it's way into my used car lot...and now it's mine! Sucks that it's STILL and Front Engine car from some reason...I mean, they even have the fuel cap on the nose of the car. :dunce:

Ok, the best thing just happened to me. I've been grinding for credit and level for the Formula GT for a few hours. When I reached level 24 and have 4,816,000 the car show up in my UCD. Now all I need is 3000 Cr :lol:

EDIT: It's blue and have 4,521.8 miles, 881hp. I'm on day 590 and this is the second time I see it.

Last edited:

It's relatively common. I've had it with Tiburons, Skylines, Imprezas and MX-5s. I'm looking at a pair of Silvia Spec S Aero '99s right now, in yellow, on 59,382km and 59,342km for 17,999cr and 18,004cr respectively.

And if I blanked my gamesave and went to the same game day, they'd be there again on the same mileage and price - proving it's not random.

It's relatively common. I've had it with Tiburons, Skylines, Imprezas and MX-5s. I'm looking at a pair of Silvia Spec S Aero '99s right now, in yellow, on 59,382km and 59,342km for 17,999cr and 18,004cr respectively.

And if I blanked my gamesave and went to the same game day, they'd be there again on the same mileage and price - proving it's not random.

Why would they make a set list of cars with two of almost the identical car in the same hextet group? :dunce: They must have had a list of all the cars they wanted in one "cycle" and then just randomized that for the final "cycle" that we have today. Meaning, it's not "random" now, but the creation of the final cycle order may have been randomized when it was created. Who knows.

Back