GT5P Online Event Update. Friday 28th 5a.m.

Only problem with Daytona road (650pp) is punters when heavy braking into a few of the corners.
I am getting 1.49secs with a GTR in free run, with a best of 1.48.4. Good fun but very easy to slip a wheel on the grass when really going for it so you end up reserved online. Punters still a problem last few races i've done.

What the heck,a 550pp event on N3s at fuji ,thats like watching paint dry.

I don't know, lots of wide track, plenty of straights, sounds great for lots of passing action with the lower PP. It will also provide some interesting differences in setup, as it does with higher PP races.

550pp is not as low as you think. My first thought was 'Honda Integra', but it wouldn't make it. This is for the usual 600pp cars. It's being on N3s instead of S2s that make the 50pp difference.

So, unfortuately this will end up being an event full of the usual suspects of Evos, Scoobies and R8s, instead of giving all the great little cars a run.

But being on N3s certainly does take a little mastering 👍 . Its definately not like watching paint dry.

Its good to finally see Eiger event online but what the heck its intermediate and only 3 laps with no tuning. 3 laps at Eiger is over in oh say less than 4 mins.

NO EXPERT WORLD EVENT????? Told you so! :lol:

Here are all the events as I see them from my PAL copy:

Beg Mid-Size Cars HSR /STD Up to 12 Players - World competition
Beg Sports Cars Suz East /STD Up to 12 Players
Beg Super Cars Daytona Speedway /STD Up to 12 Players

Int PP650 HSR /STD Up to 12 Players
Int PP750 Suz Circuit /STD Up to 12 Players - World competition
Int Cali at Eiger /STD Up to 12 Players

Exp PP550 Fuji F / PRO Up to 16 Players - N3 tyres
Exp PP650 Daytona Road /PRO Up to 16 Players - S2 tyres
Exp Citroen at Suz Circuit /PRO Up to 16 Players - S1 tyres

I'd like to take this opportunity to voluteer my software development expertise to PD so we can at least get a WE non-RBE event back in the mix before the next update - if someone there reads this please send me a PM and we can discuss details of the contract. :)
are these the new events?

Haha! That's different. We didn't say whether this update would have an Expert WE or not, we were talking about whether it's possible to have RBE and a WE... weren't we? :) I think it will be.

...but whilst the hardcore (Expert racers) are buying PAL and NTSC copies, PD won't give us Expert WEs - just a cynical view :)

I'll also put myself forward to flick / repair the WE switch.

I believe what you said is that it should be quite simple after I suggested they have tied the RBE flag to a world competition - given the fact that it has been almost a month since they introduced the first non-RBE event and they've now done another online update with 3 more non-RBE events, that makes me 4-0 (or you 0-4 depending on how you look at). I still say they have somehow tied RBE and World Event together with poor programming practice. And this will prove me right - I propose that before we see a non-RBE World Event PD will have to do a Spec III update to fix the switch issue. :)

What the heck,a 550pp event on N3s at fuji ,thats like watching paint dry. Mayby at London or Eiger but FUJI??
Once you've tried putting 400 bhp through a pair of N3s you might not find it so dull. I've been racing on there all evening and I've had great fun dicing with the AWD crowd in my Cali. By the looks of it even the AWDs have trouble with grip. Pretty good mix of cars so far - plenty of GT-Rs, Evos, Scoobies and R8s of course, but a fair number of Vipers, BMWs, Elises and Ferraris out too. Even saw a Golf and a DB9! I've not noticed a clear winning car so far, though I expect the GT-R will be most popular as it's fast enough on the straight and the AWD helps tame the slippery N3s in the twisty bits. Slipstreaming plays a significant role, as you might expect.

Had an absolutely great race with 10 (yes, 10!) Italians all in Vipers. At first I thought it must be a bug and every car looked like a Viper, but I just happened to stumble in on some of our continental cousins having a bit of RWD fun. A 550pp RWD-only event at Fuji on N3s would be awesome.

I find the Citroen GT hard to drive because I judge my speed by gear and revs and it doesn't have any gears. The awesome acceleration is fun for a few minutes, but I soon get bored of driving a supertanker covered in rocket engines. I doubt I'll be at Suzuka much.

As for Daytona Road, well, it's just not a very nice circuit if you ask me. Turn 1 is the only really interesting corner and it's not interesting in a particularly nice way. No elevation changes except for the banking, which somehow manages to be even more boring than Fuji's mile long straight.

Well I guess we agree to disagree. Have raced 1000 times at Fuji in everything from 800pp to 550 even the 800 doesnt seem to have any real sense of speed thats what i meant not the diffuculty. Seems lately GT is getting away from speed and making things diffucult just for the heck of it. I can enjoy the tricky slick races but would like to have at least one haul tail event.

Well I guess we agree to disagree. Have raced 1000 times at Fuji in everything from 800pp to 550 even the 800 doesnt seem to have any real sense of speed thats what i meant not the diffuculty. Seems lately GT is getting away from speed and making things diffucult just for the heck of it. I can enjoy the tricky slick races but would like to have at least one haul tail event.

i must agree, im not diggin these tire restriction races, it just makes me want GT5 to come out so i can stop racing these mildly altered but very repetitive races filled with immature hack drivers

They only one that I seem not to like at all is the Cintroen in Suzuka Expert. Killed an awesome update for this crap...but the rest..awesome specially Fuji in N3s. One thing is for sure, they were aiming at the Drifters this time around..so this event will be drifter's come true. Daytona Road Course is awesome but saw it coming...people are cutting the grass, no penalties whatsoever....other than that....awesome track. I give this update a 6.5/10

They only one that I seem not to like at all is the Cintroen in Suzuka Expert. Killed an awesome update for this crap...but the rest..awesome specially Fuji in N3s. One thing is for sure, they were aiming at the Drifters this time around..so this event will be drifter's come true. Daytona Road Course is awesome but saw it coming...people are cutting the grass, no penalties whatsoever....other than that....awesome track. I give this update a 6.5/10

Were are they cutting the grass? I haven't seen that yet and that grass is like ice once you get on it. You slide forever.

It would be so awesome if we got a 600PP Eiger Expert race, that 'd be it for me, all I would play...

As far as the RBE/World Event thingy goes... I imagine that ease-of-testing plays a large role in PD's race selection.
Disabling RBE messed up the PP balance between cars, and a non-global event probably makes data-collecting easier, and more fruitful with the 16 car grid. Probably plenty of unexpected bugs exposed after they "flipped the switch", explaining that long month of the same races.
Now all expert races are non-RBE, all are low-grip tires, all are non-global, and there's even a one-make race - seems to me like PD is set to harvest loads of testing data.
Obviously PD hasn't kept global races capped at 12 on a whim; lag's gotta be a huge issue by now. I'm guessing lag is affecting the physics(or tire) engine in unforeseen ways.

While I'm sure nothing in the coding actually prevents PD from turning RBE off and Global on simultaneously, its apparent they don't want to right now. We probably won't see the combo until the next update, but I doubt its because they can't flip the switch.

Yes, that's true about the testing. Makes perfect sense for me 👍
I noticed something interesting lately. Even when the no mercy race was 16 players, you only got a grid of 12 at highest, but when I entered with my jpn game i found myself in a 16 ! players grid! Was an awesome race BTW. :)

I agree... one UNLIMITED (in PP and tires) Expert event with no RBE, where people can come with FULLY tuned cars and race! that would be nice! :)

...?

In my eyes those are Intermediate-events, and Standard-physics. Did I misunderstand something?

New Expert-events are listed on post made by Obli.

EDIT: by the way... there reads nowhere that RBE is removed. We just need to trust that notification in news-section.

sorry by bad

Still nothing for us, Drifters, 3 months now we are out of PD mind, this last one really piss me off, the fact is online freerun is the only freerun we can do, im bored to drift around AI and cant do what i want, drift trial still got this stupid flag on track and ruin the beauty of watching it, too arcade, the only way is to drift stock car on time trial..... So PD please make something about this, we cant wait anymore for private room, or makes something than wa can do freerun like we want, and we dont want any false news about a big update coming and will never happen again. Make something for us, you will loose fans one by one if you continue that way, im an addict of GT series since the first one, and its first time i came frustrate about PD, we are ******* beta tester, and PD dont care about the enjoy of the game.

It would be so awesome if we got a 600PP Eiger Expert race, that 'd be it for me, all I would play...

As far as the RBE/World Event thingy goes... I imagine that ease-of-testing plays a large role in PD's race selection.
Disabling RBE messed up the PP balance between cars, and a non-global event probably makes data-collecting easier, and more fruitful with the 16 car grid. Probably plenty of unexpected bugs exposed after they "flipped the switch", explaining that long month of the same races.
Now all expert races are non-RBE, all are low-grip tires, all are non-global, and there's even a one-make race - seems to me like PD is set to harvest loads of testing data.
Obviously PD hasn't kept global races capped at 12 on a whim; lag's gotta be a huge issue by now. I'm guessing lag is affecting the physics(or tire) engine in unforeseen ways.

While I'm sure nothing in the coding actually prevents PD from turning RBE off and Global on simultaneously, its apparent they don't want to right now. We probably won't see the combo until the next update, but I doubt its because they can't flip the switch.

Still not buying into it being SO easy for them to do this. If its all about data collection then simply add a 4th Exp event that is World with no RBE. How would lag in a non-RBE match be different than a RBE match? Tracking cars on a track should have very little to do with where they are on the track - if anything, it should be easier while the cars are spread out because they'll have less interaction.

Like I said, we will get a software update before we see any WE non-RBE match, and that's all I've got to say 'bout dat. :)

Now, I'm going to say this very tentatively, given that we still don't know what the events are going to be, but could this be an update no one moans about? ;)

It's a good job you didn't shake on this:lol:

I'm loving the no RBE events. You can still always find people to race with of the same ability:tup:

Like I said, we will get a software update before we see any WE non-RBE match, and that's all I've got to say 'bout dat. :)

I would bet my bank account that catch-up as well as all other options are just boolean options in a database. It would take a few seconds to setup a world event without catch-up. Remember this is PD we are talking about. They do what they want, when they want in their own special way. Logic need not always apply.

Its amazing they listened to us at all, but it did take someone meeting the boss in person to get something done.

What no F2007 events? thats a dam shame.

yes...........yes..........yes....why do the create a game where you have to go through all these levels to have the chance to purchase the great F2007 and you have to race it by yourself.....2 race changes and still no online F2007.....I know that most the people on this form are not big supporters of the F2007......but there are those of us that do ...................... Japan please give us a race.........tedsleds

I have to try that today - thanx for the idea mate 👍

Your welcome. The no mercy match is gone now, but this should apply to the new events, too.
Keep in mind you have to play around early afternoon(in Europe), because that's when our japanese fellows usually play. 👍

It's a good job you didn't shake on this:lol:

I'm loving the no RBE events. You can still always find people to race with of the same ability:tup:

It is rather isn't it!

I would have liked to have seen more online events, but having just played the Fuji 550 on N3s, I really don't think it's going to matter! It's so good having the long braking zones you get with the crappy tyres - so much more time for dicing. The Impreza STi is going to take some serious beating around that course, it's so fast but you can really drift it and still stay ahead of GT-Rs and Concept by GT Evos. Loads of fun!

Oh yeah, and HUGE thanks to SCalhan of France who I just raced twice - fantastic racer, really great duel.

And, Fuji is the best online race course, by miles.

It is rather isn't it!

I would have liked to have seen more online events, but having just played the Fuji 550 on N3s, I really don't think it's going to matter! It's so good having the long braking zones you get with the crappy tyres - so much more time for dicing. The Impreza STi is going to take some serious beating around that course, it's so fast but you can really drift it and still stay ahead of GT-Rs and Concept by GT Evos. Loads of fun!

Oh yeah, and HUGE thanks to SCalhan of France who I just raced twice - fantastic racer, really great duel.

I entered that race in the Acura NSX :banghead:

I think from now on I'm going to choose more, erm, competitive cars... :D

I only played the game for two weeks, version III, but Fuji is a poor track IMO. It used to be my favourite too, I love the old course. But the new course lacks the critical high speed corners IMO. Suzuka is a great course IMO, in fact the only one I found entertaining the whole way around. Maybe its because I like to use the throttle a lot, which suits Suzuka I guess.

If they brought back the Nurbergring, I'd be back. A race with others there would be terrific. I think there a skilled driver could make the biggest difference.

I'm really enjoying the expert 550 fuji. Heh, puts my GTP qualifier (which i haven't heard back about) laps into good practice :D

Back