GT5P Online Event Update. Friday 28th 5a.m.

yes...........yes..........yes....why do the create a game where you have to go through all these levels to have the chance to purchase the great F2007 and you have to race it by yourself.....2 race changes and still no online F2007.....I know that most the people on this form are not big supporters of the F2007......but there are those of us that do ...................... Japan please give us a race.........tedsleds

Yes please,& mayby one that does'nt feel like its on ice.:sly:

Yes please,& mayby one that does'nt feel like its on ice.:sly:

Correct me if I am wrong :lol:, but , isn't an F1 car a full blown race car ? 💡

Then why not put it on racing slicks , instead of "S" tires when we had these events ?

Disappointed there is no flat out racing event.

Instead we have Fuji which has been stated, "Like Watching Paint Dry".

I agree, I was in Free Run testing various cars on there and I actually nodded off, so as you can see I actually do beleive it is like watching paint dry. :dopey:

Disappointed there is no flat out racing event.

Instead we have Fuji which has been stated, "Like Watching Paint Dry".

I agree, I was in Free Run testing various cars on there and I actually nodded off, so as you can see I actually do beleive it is like watching paint dry. :dopey:

Dang its good to find someone who feels like I do,Thanks Grim.:sly:

I only played the game for two weeks, version III, but Fuji is a poor track IMO. It used to be my favourite too, I love the old course. But the new course lacks the critical high speed corners IMO. Suzuka is a great course IMO, in fact the only one I found entertaining the whole way around. Maybe its because I like to use the throttle a lot, which suits Suzuka I guess.

It's not as good to drive as Suzuka, but it's way better to race! Loads more overtaking opportunities. Suzuka is dull online, you just follow some all the way round until you get to a straight, then you overtake them and so on and so forth for 5 laps. At least on Fuji there's plenty of places to overtake!

It's not as good to drive as Suzuka, but it's way better to race! Loads more overtaking opportunities. Suzuka is dull online, you just follow some all the way round until you get to a straight, then you overtake them and so on and so forth for 5 laps. At least on Fuji there's plenty of places to overtake!

There are 4 places I overtake at Suzuka, all involving corners. Just have to really know the track well and be brave.

There are 4 places I overtake at Suzuka, all involving corners. Just have to really know the track well and be brave.

Yeah, there are a few. I just find that you get a lot more ducking and diving on Fuji - nearly every corner is an overtaking chance, or has more than one fast line.

People cutting the grass and not getting penalties at Daytona is irritating.

What else I've noticed is that there are two cars that tend to dominate - the GT-R and the California.

Because it's on S Tires, most RWD cars can't compete, or at least not that well. And any other AWD car (other than the GT-R and even that does sometimes) will get blown out the water by the California (which really needs its PP fixed). Sigh.

Spent a lot of time at Daytona this weekend. GTR 07 was by far the best choice for this event although tuning it for Daytona makes all the difference. Love this event had some great races. Only the bad drives cut the chicane, you can always catch and pass those guys.

People cutting the grass and not getting penalties at Daytona is irritating.

What else I've noticed is that there are two cars that tend to dominate - the GT-R and the California.

Because it's on S Tires, most RWD cars can't compete, or at least not that well. And any other AWD car (other than the GT-R and even that does sometimes) will get blown out the water by the California (which really needs its PP fixed). Sigh.

I have no problem keeping up with the Cali in the Mines... Most dominant is the GTR... dont know how many times ive raced with almost a full grid of GTRs... :lol: There are other cars though... Ive seen a red R8 really HAUL A** on this circuit and pass me on the straights like im standing still...., NSX-R can be quick, Ferrari F430 and 599 are usually quick too... the tuned Lotuses are also quick at this event... put a GOOD driver in any of these cars and they will be contenders for podium finishes or atleast top 5, depending on the amount of GTRs with good drivers there ;)...

I've been loving this event, more sub 600pp races please! found the evo's and the old subru quite competertive but the GTR is just in a leauge of it's own in the corners. and with this track thats where it counts. took a number of firsts and seconds in the GTR but I keep trying the others BMW M3 is good if a little tail happy LOL

pd went one step forward but two steps backward with this update.

1. 1 or 2 cars dominating an event

2. No World Events

3. No high pp events (i mean racing sports cars with ridiculous amounts of horsepower is fun but isn't that what race cars are made for?)

4. The events should not be locked to any specific tire, a driver should be allowed to use any configuration he chooses just as long as he stays within the set performance points.

/end rant

2. No World Events

3. No high pp events (i mean racing sports cars with ridiculous amounts of horsepower is fun but isn't that what race cars are made for?)

4. The events should not be locked to any specific tire, a driver should be allowed to use any configuration he chooses just as long as he stays within the set performance points.

/end rant

+1 👍

I have no problem keeping up with the Cali in the Mines... Most dominant is the GTR... dont know how many times ive raced with almost a full grid of GTRs... :lol: There are other cars though... Ive seen a red R8 really HAUL A** on this circuit and pass me on the straights like im standing still...., NSX-R can be quick, Ferrari F430 and 599 are usually quick too... the tuned Lotuses are also quick at this event... put a GOOD driver in any of these cars and they will be contenders for podium finishes or atleast top 5, depending on the amount of GTRs with good drivers there ;)...

I haven't tried the Mine's yet (or the NSX-R), but I might.

The R8 is alright, but I find it too slow on the straights, really. I remember tailing a California in it...unless I was in the draft he would just disappear (It was GTP_TwistyBits, I believe).

It's difficult, especially if you aren't using a wheel (yet) like me.

hmmm lots of cars that are competertive can I just add, don't try the merc LOL R8 is quick but slow on the main straight, California is good but a bit of a handfull when pushing hard. I've now settled into using the old subaru and I'm getting good results, just about hangs in on the twisty bits but is really quick down the straights

hmmm lots of cars that are competertive can I just add, don't try the merc LOL R8 is quick but slow on the main straight, California is good but a bit of a handfull when pushing hard. I've now settled into using the old subaru and I'm getting good results, just about hangs in on the twisty bits but is really quick down the straights

Yeah, its a pity it doesnt reach 650PP.....

/end rant

To your first point, PD needs to drop the PP550/650/750 limits and go back to the older PP500/600/800 classes. That was when sports cars, of different power levels, had their place and the tuner/race cars did as well. Back when we had those classes you did have a handful of cars that were fast and a few oddballs that where fast with very fast drivers. That was more fun. Not perfect, but better.

To your later point, no we don't need open tire regulations. All that means is that everyone will be forced to use R3 tires which gets very old very fast. If PD instituted some rules that looked like this we would all find better racing;

-PP500 class, N tires only, anything goes (i.e. hot-hatchs and smaller sports cars)
-PP600 class, S tires only, RWD, AWD or no tuned car only events (sports cars, super cars and anything else that can run in this class, minus tuned or race cars)
-PP700 or 800, R tires only, anything goes (tuned, race and super cars)

Reminds you of the old A, B, C classes in GT3?

Part of the major problem with racing online, beyond PD's seemingly random PP system, is that you have RWD vs. AWD. vs. Tuned cars in most races.

Sticking R3 tires on a little FF Suzuki is as silly as putting N tires on a GTLM and cranking on the downforce.

In real life you'll rarely have RWD. vs. AWD. vs. Tuned cars (the way PD defines them) on the same track without drastic performance or ballast compromises to even out the performance levels. Maybe you'll get the mix without restraints at your local track on a open track day, but never in competitive racing (without classes). Add in AWD cars in GT5p always out performing RWD cars and Tuned cars mixed in, even Tuned AWD, and it is a mess.

GTP members do a far better job of defining "events" to race in over in the race threads. PD should take a look at those and learn.

Of course all of this is a mote point until (or if) PD ever institues proper qualifying for longer online events. I would expect to see that pop up at some point in GT5p. If PD realy is using GT5p as a test bed for GT5 development at some point we will be subjected to qualifying and longer races.

When. Who knows???

I remember tailing a California in it...unless I was in the draft he would just disappear (It was GTP_TwistyBits, I believe).

It has to be GTP_Twistybits your refering to , this guy can get around that track in his Cali. Real good driver 👍
He has that tendancy to just diappear as you say and leave you by yourself.

It has to be GTP_Twistybits your refering to , this guy can get around that track in his Cali. Real good driver 👍
He has that tendancy to just diappear as you say and leave you by yourself.

I absolutely agree, he is a great driver. I was keeping up though, until the straights...the R8 is outgunned that way at Daytona.

Been having an interesting time on the Daytona Road, I took a Evora there this morning which tops out at 604pp.
So always start at the front (and usually punted by a GT-R on turn 1!), I know it has no chance of competing for a place but fun all the same going for a top 10 finish over some faster cars :)
The only prob being at the front, I try to get out of the way of the fast guys but it gets congested on that first turn, so unless they all line up around the first turn you get punted :(

I'm not to fussed what others are driving, I just want a close clean race. If that means were all in the same car than so be it. Would rather that than going around by myself.

I was racing (Daytona) last night and coming flat out towards the bus stop GTR right in front, he/she braked earlier than I thought and I taped them into a spin. Being the fare driver I am I pulled over to let them catch up and pass. I pulled to a complete stop in the middle of the bus stop on the inside, out of the line. He/She came straight up behind me and punted me into the grass ahead. Why do this? was very annoying.

I'm not to fussed what others are driving, I just want a close clean race. If that means were all in the same car than so be it. Would rather that than going around by myself.

I was racing (Daytona) last night and coming flat out towards the bus stop GTR right in front, he/she braked earlier than I thought and I taped them into a spin. Being the fare driver I am I pulled over to let them catch up and pass. I pulled to a complete stop in the middle of the bus stop on the inside, out of the line. He/She came straight up behind me and punted me into the grass ahead. Why do this? was very annoying.

Seems to be a human thing - when someone hits them, they must hit back - we have done a great job as a race (no pun intended but I mean this as a group of people not a contest between cars) to teach the eye for an eye mentality. Again, private rooms will solve this for us - won't it be fun to just venture to a non-GTP race someday to watch the carnage? It will probably look like something out of a Mad Max movie once damage and other additions are included in GT5. :)

Back