GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

-> ...

Wow, I hope the SS City is true!! I believe it's concrete, if you go to the first tunnel in SSR5, you see signs for an exit to SSR7, so maybe SSR7 is indeed the "Bridge" to SSR11.
This would totally rock if true, this is the closest we'll ever get to having a Shutoku Highway System stage, only seen in the Genki Tokyo Xtreme Racer/Import Tuner games.
^ I'm sorry, but the new 'SSR5 2010' is only connected to SSR7 not SSR11 in anyway. The only SSR5 version that is anyway connected toward SSR11 (both '90s & '00s) IS SSR5 '90s. :)

-> Play GT5 and drive slow around SSR5 2010, then play GT3 and observe BOTH SSR5 '90s and SSR11 '00s. Make sure to look at 'that' overpass over that hairpin (on which it looks like its been blocked-off). ;)

To be honest, I'd like a Blu-Ray Remaster of GT3/GT4 like God of War got.
We already have all the HD GT4 cars in GT5, just "remaster" the tracks and release Sony!
^ I'd rather see a complete remaster of Gran Turismo PSOne Anthology: Remastered (combination of GT1 & GT2 in HD/Hi-Fi (GT1 speak); not separate titles but a merged/combination version of the two) & Gran Turismo 3: Re-Spec.

:sly:

@ The Vanishing Boy, (I didn't want to quote your massive message)

That is probably the biggest message I have seen in my life 👍 record breaking

Wow! Great thread but makes me kinda' sad because it reminds me how awesome GT5 could and should be.

I remember how much I hated SSR11 at first then I began to love it because of the great challenge, you couldn't relax on any straight-away or curve because it would bite you real quick. The scenary around the track was great and a distraction at the same time. 👍

pod Race Track [Clubman Stage R5 '90s pit area] (fate: never released on any true GT sequel)
600full-gran-turismo-concept%3A-2002-tokyo--geneva-screenshot.jpg

^ Sorry, there was no proper track map layout image of this course.

Shame, because I loved this track when playing GT Concept :(.

More tracks missing:
  • Cathedral Rocks Trail III (GT PSP)
  • Grand Canyon Mini Track (short version of Grand Canyon, used in a GT4 Prologue lesson

(I can't find track images on the internet)

Last edited:
Good work, OP, this is a fantastic list.

I felt genuinely nostalgic scrolling through those... some happy days spent at all those places. Except 'Complex String'. :D

Bring them all back!!!

BAH! TEH PIXELZ!

And to think that GT series had great looking entries for the system!

This really makes me want to break out the GT copies I own. If only they were available for download!!! I really don't want to break out my PS2 for GT and GT2.

As far as the tracks I most miss. Like many here, probably Mid-Field Raceway and SSR-11 from GT3. There are others like Citta di Aria and some of the rally tracks from games past as well.

-> I will edit post #1 in a few, in case if everyone was wondering. ;)

-> I realized something. Back in GT1 (US version), I remembered on Arcade mode that the game is somewhat sped up. But the most notable part of it was Trial Mountain with that EPIC ramp on the straightaway:

Trial Mountain Arcade [GT1] (fate: killed off)

Skip to 0:41

Skip to 4:54

:boggled:

Shame, because I loved this track when playing GT Concept :(.

More tracks missing:
  • Cathedral Rocks Trail III (GT PSP)
  • Grand Canyon Mini Track (short version of Grand Canyon, used in a GT4 Prologue lesson
(I can't find track images on the internet)
Grand Canyon series -> I've found a total of THREE (!) tracks in GC on GT4P!!! :eek:

^ Other than the one we all know [GT4 & GTPSP], there were two more in GT4P. One was the one you mentioned, the Mini Track (in School Mode) and the one not everyone knows (even me!!!), The Grand Canyon Road. The 'Road' is composed of 40% aspalt and 60% gravel!! This track was a Action Replay Max 'code' track on which needs to be unlock to gain access. :dunce:

Grand Canyon Mini Track [GT4P] {School Mode only} (fate: killed off)
grand_canyon_north_165x168.gif

Grand Canyon Road [GT4P] {Action Replay Max code track} (fate: never 'existed')
grand_canyon_road_165x168.gif

-> And on top of that, I stumbled this thing:

Driving Park: Beginner Track (no chicane) [GT4P] {School Mode Only} (fate: killed off)
20r60r_165x168.gif

Cathedral Rocks Trail III -> Yup, there is no track map image of this course ANYWHERE!!! I only found this (hard to find & crappy) video from Youtube:

Cathedral Rocks Trail III [GTPSP] (fate: killed off)

:indiff:

^ But as soon as I gain access on my PSP (and GTPSP) I will upload the image myself for everyone to share!!! :D

@ The Vanishing Boy, (I didn't want to quote your massive message)

That is probably the biggest message I have seen in my life
thumbsup.gif
record breaking
^ You really think so? Those are peanuts compared to the one that are already on my sig. Go ahead! CLICK IT! I dare ya! :mischievous: :sly:

-> I'm having a slight dilemma, its regarding about these hidden tracks! Its about naming these tracks in the correct manner. Here's what I mean:

^ I just don't want to call this track simply 'END', I want to call it the following:

Hidden Track Speciale END {En-d&#333;}

or

Trial Mountain: The END

or

Hidden Forest Stage: The END

or

Hidden Forest: The END

or

Secret Stage The END

or

Secret Stage END {En-d&#333;}​

-> And for this track:

Desert Mirage

or

Desert Mirage: Laguna Ring

or

Secret Stage Laguna Ring

or

Laguna Ring​

:confused: :dunce:

-> Here's some stumbled vids, this was that Circle 100R from GT2 and somehow these chaps unlocked it thru 'coding' to race this *strictly for license* test track. Funny on how the game positioned these cars (vid 1)!!! :lol:

-> Plus they mangaged a way to stage a race on the cute Motorsports Land, it hilarious!!! :lol:

WTF of the Day -> These 'coders' are something, these guys unlocks the strangest of tracks just to race and have a laugh. The following are from the Fragmented License Track in GT2! :boggled:

^ And heres a shocker! The majority of people here in GTP are begging for Spa to be on a Gran Turismo series. But unknowingly, the Spa circuit was already in GT2!!! (well...parts of it) :eek:

-> Here's the video:

:scared:

^ I honestly don't know on how to categorize this track!! It borders between Real Life and Original!!! I'm going to the mental ward for this!!!! :crazy:

I dont even have a PS3... but if PD somehow revived the classic tracks and sold them via DLC.... I'm the first in line!

alex1369
I really like if the R11 and R5 would become "one" track

I first saw that idea a while ago... it would just be INCREDIBLE!!! And if they wont fit properly, cant they just be joined by route seven? It would be huge then, but all the ss routes together! Wow!

Wow! Great thread but makes me kinda' sad because it reminds me how awesome GT5 could and should be.

Exactly my first thoughts. There's so much potential so I'm really looking forward to the next update. (v1.1 - masterpatch? :indiff: )

Shouldn't there come a big update at the end of april? March was only a small
fix and april too, don't know where it was but I'm pretty sure that I read something about a bigger update.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english. :guilty:

Grand Canyon series -> I've found a total of THREE (!) tracks in GC on GT4P!!! :eek:

^ Other than the one we all know [GT4 & GTPSP], there were two more in GT4P. One was the one you mentioned, the Mini Track (in School Mode) and the one not everyone knows (even me!!!), The Grand Canyon Road. The 'Road' is composed of 40% aspalt and 60% gravel!! This track was a Action Replay Max 'code' track on which needs to be unlock to gain access. :dunce:

Grand Canyon Mini Track [GT4P] {School Mode only} (fate: killed off)
grand_canyon_north_165x168.gif

Grand Canyon Road [GT4P] {Action Replay Max code track} (fate: never 'existed')
grand_canyon_road_165x168.gif

-> And on top of that, I stumbled this thing:

Driving Park: Beginner Track (no chicane) [GT4P] {School Mode Only} (fate: killed off)
20r60r_165x168.gif

A couple of questions:

1. Are you able to race/drive on these tracks?
  2. If so, can you upload some videos onto youtube?

Cathedral Rocks Trail III -> Yup, there is no track map image of this course ANYWHERE!!! I only found this (hard to find & crappy) video from Youtube:

Cathedral Rocks Trail III [GTPSP] (fate: killed off)

:indiff:

^ But as soon as I gain access on my PSP (and GTPSP) I will upload the image myself for everyone to share!!! :D

Thanks

-> I'm at my cousins place right now, so I will update the list once I get confortable at my place. :)

A couple of questions:

1. Are you able to race/drive on these tracks?
  2. If so, can you upload some videos onto youtube?
^ Umm, heres the thing...

(1.) Nope, in fact I've never even played GT4P!
(2.) But, let me try and see if I can find for some videos...ummm...

Grand Canyon Mini Track [GT4P]

-> But for some stupid reason, I can't find any pic and vid of GC Road or DP:BC anywhere! :grumpy:

Last edited:
Definitely Complex String, I spent days on end sliding every single corner of that track. Pikes Peak needs to be in the game aswell, plus I always loved Mid Field

-> ...

^ I'm sorry, but the new 'SSR5 2010' is only connected to SSR7 not SSR11 in anyway. The only SSR5 version that is anyway connected toward SSR11 (both '90s & '00s) IS SSR5 '90s. :)

-> Play GT5 and drive slow around SSR5 2010, then play GT3 and observe BOTH SSR5 '90s and SSR11 '00s. Make sure to look at 'that' overpass over that hairpin (on which it looks like its been blocked-off). ;)

^ I'd rather see a complete remaster of Gran Turismo PSOne Anthology: Remastered (combination of GT1 & GT2 in HD/Hi-Fi (GT1 speak); not separate titles but a merged/combination version of the two) & Gran Turismo 3: Re-Spec.

:sly:
Unless there was a story, that would be pointless. It's like asking for a remastered madden 2001. All games like this are just remastered versions of the last games..

You just blew my mind right there.

What about this then?
A point-to-point hill climb course from Grindelwald (in cyan) to Eiger Nordwand (in white, green and orange) following the existing railway path:

afbWO.jpg

Or Citta di Aria short:

citta_di_aria_165x168.gif

Pvb0x.jpg

x8Kvl.jpg

Last edited:
Grand Canyon Mini Track [GT4P]

-> But for some stupid reason, I can't find any pic and vid of GC Road or DP:BC anywhere! :grumpy:

Thanks for the video. It's interesting that LMP cars can race on the dirt track, something you couldn't do in any other GT game :grumpy:!
I think what Polyphony Digital needs to do is recreate these tracks before adding new ones :grumpy: !

Last edited:
-> I just updated the list. Some of you might be wondering where's Pikes Peak? I deleted it, why? Due to its real life significance and (of course) its a Real Life Race Track! ;)

Unless there was a story, that would be pointless. It's like asking for a remastered madden 2001. All games like this are just remastered versions of the last games..
^ Other than GT was called as a CaRPG. The version of Anthology that I'm reffering to is that GT1 and GT2 combined into one title/game, as in not a 2-in-1 game. :)

tre
^ Thanks a lot! I didn't have a problem on the McLaren vid at all; it was the Subaru vid that I had the problem. :)

Speaking of possible tracks, there are these:

Rome old+new

rome01.jpg

rome02.jpg
^ I apologize if I reused one of your pics to create two more variations of your City of Rome track (City of Rome Type A & Nuovo Rome Long). I named your green lined track, City of Rome Type B. :D

Tokyo R246 short:

G7vea.png
^ I've also added any potential configurations related to this track. ;)

Or Citta di Aria short:

citta_di_aria_165x168.gif

Pvb0x.jpg

x8Kvl.jpg
^ Noted! Thanks! :)👍

What about this then?
A point-to-point hill climb course from Grindelwald (in cyan) to Eiger Nordwand (in white, green and orange) following the existing railway path:

=Pic=
^ Well...I don't know. It sounds like an excellent idea, however for now; lets stick with the variations closer (and shorter) within its original track/course. :)

I think what Polyphony Digital needs to do is recreate these tracks before adding new ones !
^ I am SO with you! PD has to realize the psychological & mental hurt that they're causing not featuring any of these tracks. :mad:

^ Well...I don't know. It sounds like an excellent idea, however for now; lets stick with the variations closer (and shorter) within its original track/course. :)
Ok then, this is something I thought a few months ago. Variations of Apricot Hill. PD would need to change the geological layout a bit though. Also it would help if the full track was propotionally bigger than it was in GT4. Not sure if this is the right thread for such ideas though:

AGvk0.png

Full layout

dQV9Y.png

Apricot Hill D-Oval

PaGK8.png

Apricot Hill Club D-Oval

EdgMK.png

Apricot Hill E-Oval

QcGfU.png

Apricot Hill Raceway

sc39d.png

Apricot Hill Raceway Short