GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

I saw that Apricot Hill tribute in original topic Shirakawa, great work there đź‘Ť

Also, so many original tracks could see few variations, both Trial Mountain and Deep Forest could have alternate (longer) variations on existing terrain.

Not even to speak about lack of existing variants of included tracks in GT5, such as Bugatti Circuit, Suzuka West or Tsukuba Short. In some other life I suppose.

The GT series is fueled by the money we all splash out on the game and associated products. I would love these tracks. But what would be a fair price for them?

I personally think that I would pay about half the price of the game itself. I know people want the tracks for free. I would love that, but would pay to play.

The GT series is fueled by the money we all splash out on the game and associated products. I would love these tracks. But what would be a fair price for them?

I personally think that I would pay about half the price of the game itself. I know people want the tracks for free. I would love that, but would pay to play.

I vote "included in purchase" for a reasonable price.

Come one, we are not talking new tracks, we are talking import existing tracks... they imported some of the tracks from previous games already... this isn't getting something new, if they become available at all it's just holding back something that really had no reason to not be in there in the first place!

-> ...

tre
^ Thanks for the link! That helped me BIG TIME! :)đź‘Ť

Ok then, this is something I thought a few months ago. Variations of Apricot Hill. PD would need to change the geological layout a bit though. Also it would help if the full track was propotionally bigger than it was in GT4. Not sure if this is the right thread for such ideas though:

Also, so many original tracks could see few variations, both Trial Mountain and Deep Forest could have alternate (longer) variations on existing terrain.

Not even to speak about lack of existing variants of included tracks in GT5, such as Bugatti Circuit, Suzuka West or Tsukuba Short. In some other life I suppose.
^ I read SHIRAKAWA's thread on its entirity. Its a very good idea in my opinion, but these tracks aren't as versitile as Cape Ring series due to its geological limitations...unless PD did some God-work and flatten these tracks into a pulp. :indiff:

-> SSR5 and SSR11 are both coinsidentally connected to each other due to their tight hairpin sections under that bridge. The Rome Circuit and Nuovo Rome on city tracks and Fuji Speedway on Real Tracks/World Circuits pretty much ignited the whole track variations in GT way before Cape Ring was officially introduced.

-> The best candidate for a multi-variation track would be (Driving Park: ) Complex String.

2.jpg

- First, this track is I think 2x bigger than Cape Ring series (based on land area).

- Second, just look at the thing; so many potential loopholes that it may able to divide itself into a mass hysteria of fragmented variations.

- And third, there is not much work to be done in making few potential variations here, compared to making variations on other tracks from scratch (ie. Apricot Hill, Trial Mtn., Deep Forest). :)

-> But if we're mentioning about City Tracks, then that would be another story, as long its within reasonable range and that particular track was featured in any GT game. :sly:

~> And besides, Apricot Hill is one of my least favorite GT Original tracks. :boggled: :lol:

What is this?
^ This one:

normal_Pic17.jpg

^ This may be a little off-topic here. (this is a World Circuit PLUS its from Forza)

:)

I had tought I had seen that the Bugatti Circuit was spotted on the same video as the Nurburgring GP/D was spotted on. Don't ask me to dig it out because it's probably 500 pages back in the GT5 News and Discussion:lol:.

-> ...
I had tought I had seen that the Bugatti Circuit was spotted on the same video as the Nurburgring GP/D was spotted on. Don't ask me to dig it out because it's probably 500 pages back in the GT5 News and Discussion:lol:.
^ Is this the one?

IMG0022-6.jpg

r4_lemans_france2.jpg

Circuit_de_la_Sarthe_track_map.svg

:)

-> I think were drifting away from the topic here!! :ouch: :grumpy:

Make a new thread to discuss possible ideas for new tracks/variations for existing tracks.

Not real need for that. Even this subject have been discussed to death in past decade (since GT3 times) and all this subjects only results with plethora of great ideas and additional level of sadness and disappointment.

I'm sad to have missed this thread when it first came out... massive props, TVB!

-

While I drove it over and over back in GT3, I will not miss the Complex String. As good as it was as a test course, it was good for not much more than that. Texturally complex "realistic" courses like "El Capitan" and the revised "Deep Forest" and "Trial Mountain" are much more fun to use for setting up for a wide variety of turns and situations.

Oh man do I miss Grindelwald, though. And the POD Race course. :dopey:

It's a shame. All we can do now is remember all the fun we had driving on these tracks and hope whether or not we ever see them again :(...

The pod race was my favourite! It was the first track I really enjoyed, as GT Concept was the first game in the GT series I got.
It annoying how Polyphony removed the track and the car :grumpy:.

Last edited:
-> Now I'm getting a little bit jealous for people who drove/raced the pod Track. Because in Yanks-ville we (the majority) never gotten GTc and GT4P. :grumpy:

EDIT -> YES!!! Even the folks from Inside Sim Racing mentioned that they would like to bring back Old Tracks (both Original and Real Life back) in GT and they say "Make the track list a bit bigger, bring them back!"

-It's on 35:59-

^ MWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!! :crazy: :boggled:

Last edited:
-> Now I'm getting a little bit jealous for people who drove/raced the pod Track. Because in Yanks-ville we (the majority) never gotten GTc and GT4P. :grumpy:

EDIT -> YES!!! Even the folks from Inside Sim Racing mentioned that they would like to bring back Old Tracks (both Original and Real Life back) in GT and they say "Make the track list a bit bigger, bring them back!"
-It's on 35:59-

^ MWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!! :crazy: :boggled:

Really? :rolleyes:

The pod race was my favourite! It was the first track I really enjoyed, as GT Concept was the first game in the GT series I got.
It annoying how Polyphony removed the track and the car :grumpy:.

Go!

Vuuuuuuuuummmmmm.....

STOP!

Squat!

Pee!

Go again!

:lol:

In this thread, there are more tracks than track variations in GT5!
If we think about it, Forza 3 has over 115 track layouts, and GT5 only has 70. If we had all these tracks in a GT game, with weather effects and the forward/reverse option, along with all of the possible new tracks users have mentioned, there would be 200+ variations!
It's important that we have more tracks, as Polyphony can create more race series/championships and give people more choice :D.

-> ...
^ I have to be happy on way or another...after all these bad news that are happening right now... :indiff:

This thread is epic, great job TVB. đź‘Ť

I'm sad to have missed this thread when it first came out... massive props, TVB!
^ Thanks guys. :')
While I drove it over and over back in GT3, I will not miss the Complex String. As good as it was as a test course, it was good for not much more than that. Texturally complex "realistic" courses like "El Capitan" and the revised "Deep Forest" and "Trial Mountain" are much more fun to use for setting up for a wide variety of turns and situations.

^ Back in GT3 days, I too displease at that track. But in the long run, I was starting to love until I get tired of GT3 (notably with the lack of tracks AND cars).

In this thread, there are more tracks than track variations in GT5!
If we think about it, Forza 3 has over 115 track layouts, and GT5 only has 70. If we had all these tracks in a GT game, with weather effects and the forward/reverse option, along with all of the possible new tracks users have mentioned, there would be 200+ variations!
It's important that we have more tracks, as Polyphony can create more race series/championships and give people more choice :D.
^ Now THAT is a very sad news there.

-> I was expecting to be dissapointed in GT5, but NOT this bad... :indiff: :(

Great topic. I have one suggestion:

Add which games featured the tracks and which didn't.
^ Hmm, I kinda specified these tracks that were featured on their decription! Oh well...time to get the work done! :D

^ Hmm, I kinda specified these tracks that were featured on their decription! Oh well...time to get the work done! :D

No, I know, you specified that they weren't in GT5, but you didn't specify what games DID feature them.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post?

Like, for example, instead of:

• Test Course (Not in GT5)

This:

• Test Course, featured in GT1, 2, 3, 4 and GTPSP (not in GT5).

Is it there and I'm missing it?

^ Don't worry, I'm on it as I type as of the moment. I kept the 'tracks featured' tucked underneath each map/vid/etc. just keep it 'neatly as possible'. ;)

-> Alright! I've made some tweaks (like splitting some tracks) and added a bit more info (like which track were they featured in) as suggested by Coxis. :sly:

I seen a comment about ssr 5 and ssr7 being connected in some way... I just pulled out gt3 on the ps2 and the ONLY similarity between the two is that they both lead to "new river city" on the A 126... Both actually are identially 1.8 km away from each other, so i find that wierd... But i searched around both tracks forwards and backwards and looked at every overhead billboard and nothing said that a green billboard would lead to each other in x amount of km's... And i raced an x1 around ssr7 on gt5 and it had NO overhead billboards leading to anything what so ever... The thought of ssr5 and ssr11 being inter-connected by the highway of ssr7 is very unlikely... But it would be amazing...ly LONG !!

And i apologize for giving life to a topic that has potentially already been said and done but i just had to give this info... After i was done i was looking for the ps button in the middle of a ps2 controller.... Hahaha and thats not even the worst... I reset the ps2... Went to the menu screen and hit triangle expecting to see the xmb menu screen (what does that even abbreviate for anyway?) just so i can "eject the disc" hahah man u know you've played your ps3 too much when....

Last edited:
-> ....
I seen a comment about ssr 5 and ssr7 being connected in some way...
^ The SSR5/CSR5 '10s and SSR7 are connected in some odd ball in a way. It's not sure which exit ramp on SSR7 leads toward SSR5/CSR5 though. :indiff:

I just pulled out gt3 on the ps2 and the ONLY similarity between the two is that they both lead to "new river city" on the A 126... Both actually are identially 1.8 km away from each other, so i find that wierd... But i searched around both tracks forwards and backwards and looked at every overhead billboard and nothing said that a green billboard would lead to each other in x amount of km's...
^ Remember SSR5/CSR5-series are based on a closed city road (like Long Beach). So the sign might be true (somewhat), but it will eventually lead towards nowhere.

And i raced an x1 around ssr7 on gt5 and it had NO overhead billboards leading to anything what so ever... The thought of ssr5 and ssr11 being inter-connected by the highway of ssr7 is very unlikely... But it would be amazing...ly LONG !!
^ There is not way in hell that SSR7, SSR5/CSR5, and SSR11 are all connected each other in any way shape or form. Here's the formula that me, SHIRAKAWA, and Nero9 had come up months ago:

SSR5 '10s/CSR5 '10s [GT5] -OK- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR5 '90s [GT1/2/3/4/TT/PSP] -OK- SSR11 [GT1/3]

SSR5 '90s [GT1/2/3/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR5 '10s/CSR5 '10s [GT5] -X- SSR11 [GT1/3]

CSR5 '90s [GT1/2/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR11 [GT1/3]

CSR5 '90s [GT1/2/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR11 [GT1/3] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

:sly:

And i apologize for giving life to a topic that has potentially already been said and done but i just had to give this info...
^ No worries, thanks for bumping it up! It makes this thread more significant for PD to look it over and what those nitwits have done deleting OUR most memorable tracks in GT's history. đź‘Ť

After i was done i was looking for the ps button in the middle of a ps2 controller.... Hahaha and thats not even the worst... I reset the ps2... Went to the menu screen and hit triangle expecting to see the xmb menu screen (what does that even abbreviate for anyway?) just so i can "eject the disc" hahah man u know you've played your ps3 too much when....
^ Ha ha! That was funny! Although I have my 'fat' PS2 and PS3 running parallel to each other. My PS3 is the fat but epic-awesome 60GB, so no matter if I play any PS1 or PS2 game I can still press that cute little 'PS' button! And also I have a DS2 adapter for my PS3, so I can still use my DS2 on my PS3 (w/ a slight control delay). :D

Last edited:
Haha i think replyin would leave way too much of a comment... But ya thanks.. And wikid u have the 60gb system... Are all of the ps2 games compatable with that ps3? I noticed some original ps games are able to be played on the newer systems... I.e. Gt2, spyro, driver... But ya it was fun trying to beat all my greatest lap times from 8 years ago... And also seeing the physical upgrades pd has given their tracks... Haha i was shockingly good at the game when i was younger... Even kinda suprised myself... Also did anybody else notice that the 2nd variant (backwards) of almost every track on gt3 is almost near night... oh ya that reminds me...

Gran Turismo 3, 10 year anniversary July 10th...

I just remembered I really liked to run on Fuji 80's in GT4 a lot. PD, why you no include?

Latest Posts

Back