GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

-> I'm just glad that I still have GTHD on my PS3:

IMG_2854.JPG

^ Thats why I could play two different Eiger's (Path & Nordward) back-to-back! :sly:

-> I would love to get a GT4P, but its too expensive for my pocket. :indiff:

^ Thats why I could play two different Eiger's (Path & Nordward) back-to-back! :sly:

How do you do emoji on here? If I try & use it, it'll end up looking like this... [&#128516;&#10084;&#128516;]

I may pick up a copy of Gran Turismo 4: Prologue myself. I only recently heard of it even existing & want to see what was left behind.

^ My friend, please edit your post instead of multi-posting. The GTP guys will not like that! Just looking out for ya! ;)

BT -> In my opinion, since I don't do =codes= to unlock tracks like Xenn. I realized that getting GT4P is not really worth it just to drive 4-5 >missing< tracks. :indiff:

^ My friend, please edit your post instead of multi-posting. The GTP guys will not like that! Just looking out for ya! ;)

BT -> In my opinion, since I don't do =codes= to unlock tracks like Xenn. I realized that getting GT4P is not really worth it just to drive 4-5 >missing< tracks. :indiff:

Oh okay. It would't be the first time... I didn't know you could edit your posts either. Thanks!!
Isn't that stuff he did "hacking" in a sense? Just curious.

GT5's Missing Cars? The cars not in GT5 from previous games? (e.g. DB7 Volante from gt1, fpvs and auto union streamline) Is there already one of these? If not I'll create one! I only have GT, GT3, GT4 and GT5 though, so I'll need a couple of people to help.

edit:this doesn't have the old cars but this is what i'll do.

I thought it was Gran Turismo 4 in High Def?

That's what people say to describe it easier. It was a slight improved GT4 physics engine running on a PS3. But in fact, GT HD was meant to be a full game with many plans ahead.
However, that plan was not going to work.

As said before, GT HD was available in the store of the 3 main regions for a limited time, and in Japan they got a disc version. But I can not stress this enough, it is very, VERY, rare. With this I don't mean you won't find one, it's just that when you do, it will cost nearly half as much as your house (obviously not, but you get the point).

Not to mention that the game might be in Japanese...

Isn't that stuff he did "hacking" in a sense? Just curious.

If you want to lable it that way, go ahead. But it's a lot more complicated than that
Every single game that you've play in your life responds to a series of codes, those codes are a line of several numbers. While the game running, it will use thoes codes to present to you several elements while you play. Some times, you may look at a tree on level 3, and find it again on level 50, but it's the exact same tree, same code, same textures.

You may even find a tree inside these codes that was never used in the game, however, it's form, texture, color, or anything else might.

That's where all these hidden tracks come from. They were made to test the car physics, and how the game could handle it. That's why you never find them polished up, and have a lot of bugs and missing backgrounds

As I said before, all this is a series of number, and if you were the one responsible of testing all this, would you really want to waste your time looking trough a endless series of numbers just to remove a single element from the game? Of course not, that would take forever, not to mention you'd be wasting precious time of the develop of the game.

So instead, they program the game to skip these codes, so that no one can see them. It's not like they are hiding a secret from you, just think of it as "deleted scenes" that you find on the extras of a DVD movie.

GT5's Missing Cars? The cars not in GT5 from previous games? (e.g. DB7 Volante from gt1, fpvs and auto union streamline) Is there already one of these? If not I'll create one! I only have GT, GT3, GT4 and GT5 though, so I'll need a couple of people to help.

It would be pointless creating yet another thread about the exact same subject. What you could do is continuing posting on that same thread, regardless if the OP doesn't update it any more.

I'm planing to do a similar thread like this one but about locations. However, reason I won't it's because I'm waiting and see if our friend Van does on this thread instead. :sly:

-> ...

^ The link you provided there, I contributed 55% of the thread and also made the whole list along with links provided (although g0ld didn't transfered these on the OP). Just read the whole thread to see what I mean.

;)

^ I kinda felt bad that I stop contributing on that thread. I just realized after re-reading the thread that I did a good job there too! :indiff:

oh, i didn't see it had ALL the cars as it said "i can't be bothered to include the ones from the older games"

Well...you are right in some sense. What you are planning to do is indeed a lot bigger and much complete list than the one we already have.
However, it would be hard to convince the mods just how your list is any different from that one.

Those two tracks don't seem to have their own maps, so it uses a "default" map which would be Laguna Seca.

Some tracks are a bit dodgy with their directions, hence why you'll see "wrong way" sometimes.

Right, it displayed wrong way the entire time on that small oval though. In your video "Gran Turismo 2 Early Demo - Hidden Track", you start facing the wrong way and then in that video you turned around. But for the "Gran Turismo 3 (Demo) - Test 2" video you didn't turn around. The GT2 Hidden Track video gave you a lap time when you crossed the Start/Finish line. When you crossed the Start/Finish line in the GT3 Test 2 video it did not give you a lap time. (Probably because you didn't cross the Start/Finish Line in the correct direction, similar to running an actual track the wrong way.)

My theory is the Test 2 track is supposed to be a right oval and it just starts you off facing the wrong way like the GT2 Hidden Track does. I just originally pointed the arrow so that GT3 Test 2 was a left oval because that's the way you drove, but the second I posted it I thought, "Wait a minute... wrong way was displayed."

Xenn, if you ever redo any of the hidden track videos that don't have the minimap and you can somehow include the minimap so I can see the dot representing the player, I can create a map of the track with ease.

^ Oh hai FSI!!!

-> The reason I selected the Figure-8 map was simply because its emphasis of the course. It represented far better than the Mini Oval track, on which has the same design layout as the real Test Course '90s but shrunken into microscopic proportions.

The Figure-8 course is far more impressive and notable without a doubt. The Mini Oval track is really more similar to Daytona then Test Course 90's though.

By the way, I have images for GT3 Demo Complex String, (which is slightly different from the GT3 one) GT3 Circle 100, (not the one that has 20R through 150R) and GT2 IA-10 License Eau Rouge. (I see you already have that though.) The only one of those that I drew was the Circle 100. Also, what happened to my images of GT1 END and GT2 Dart Test? Would you like me to relink you to them?

Last edited:
The Figure-8 course is far more impressive and notable without a doubt. The Mini Oval track is really more similar to Daytona then Test Course 90's though.
^ I beg to differ, as Xenn cruises this tiny course:

^ The layout of this Mini-Oval more like this...

test_course_165x168.gif

...than this...

220px-Daytona_International_Speedway.svg.png

^ As the Mini-Oval only has two distinct sweepers compared to three on which Dayonta posseses. ;)

By the way, I have images for GT3 Demo Complex String, (which is slightly different from the GT3 one) GT3 Circle 100, (not the one that has 20R through 150R) and GT2 IA-10 License Eau Rouge. (I see you already have that though.) The only one of those that I drew was the Circle 100.
^ Could you please share it here, we would love to see it! :sly:

Also, what happened to my images of GT1 END and GT2 Dart Test? Would you like me to relink you to them?
^ Oh don't worry! They're all safe within my Mac and on my Picasa album.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

^ I have to modify it a bit, but the original sizes/format are on my album linked below:

LINK

-> I just (re)moved my Hidden Track List to my blogger site as it still under work at the moment.

;)

^ I beg to differ, as Xenn cruises this tiny course:

^ As the Mini-Oval only has two distinct sweepers compared to three on which Dayonta posseses. ;)

I originally said that because when I was drawing the map I cut turn 4 by accident, which makes the map look like Daytona. (I didn't notice till now. The map needs correcting, my mistake. If anything Test 2 is more like Trenton Speedway. Note the right angle "dogleg" at 0:26 in the video. Also, turns 3 and 4 remind me of Indianapolis. It seems like there is a little straight between turns 3 and 4. (See 0:35 to 0:40.)

^ Could you please share it here, we would love to see it! :sly:

I wasn't sure which one you meant by "it" so I posted all 3.

GT3 Circle 100
gt3circle100.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOLXDV9i4kw

GT3 Demo Complex String
gt3democomplexstring.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm5tikSz0to

GT2 License Eau Rouge "IA-10 Test"
gt2licenseeaurouge.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMjg_dRrTFY

^ Oh don't worry! They're all safe within my Mac and on my Picasa album.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

^ I have to modify it a bit, but the original sizes/format are on my album linked below:

LINK

-> I just (re)moved my Hidden Track List to my blogger site as it still under work at the moment.

;)

Oh, ok. I didn't know if you lost them or not. Regardless, I still have the originals on my computer anyway. By the way, the reason I included the full track of Trial Mountain and Autumn Ring in the picture instead of cropping like you have is for a size reference in comparison to those tracks. I wish I could find that video of that point to point track of the 3rd image from that GT2 set so you could see it.

EDIT: I FOUND IT!!!

gt2licensetestoutoftrac.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=o1JZitrbS_E&NR=1

You may want to crop most of that out for your database. It's a hidden license test track that wasn't placed in the full game. If you want a cropped version, let me know.

I also found this. It's a License Test, but I can't remember which one.

gt2licensetest.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoXTVYkMbc8

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Vanishing Boy, for compling this. If Kaz wasn't a dumb-arse and stopped starting each GT game nearly from scratch this would be perfect GT5 DLC or preloaded GT6 circuits. One or more of us loyal GTPlanet Gran Turismo enthusiasts (like Jordan) needs to convince Kaz to enroll him/them a job(s) at PD to put the big man's (Kaz) mind back on the right track and bring ideas (like old missing tracks) directly from dedicated fans of the series to make GT6 the best ever for all GT fans, all racing games and all to come.

Last edited:
-> Hello again guys! At the moment, I'm dealing on modifying the hidden & possible track list. And hopefully I could post it soon & provide a link. At the moment, the blogger format isn't working as I had hope and maybe start it from scratch... :ouch:

^ The reasons on why I didn't include this track/circuit is that there is no 'set' layout, meaning it's pretty much like the salt flats. No direction at all to begin with! The YT user Leandro Dorizotti just wandered aimlessly all over the void, completely negates the objective of adding this track. But thats just me...:indiff:

i also found this. It's a license test, but i can't remember which one.

gt2licensetest.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxtvykmbc8
^ Its from this one my friend:

IA-10 Test (killed off)
test_hs1.png

http://youtu.be/ZMjg_dRrTFY
[GT2 / GT2 / GT2]

(image courtesy by Xenn)

you may want to crop most of that out for your database. It's a hidden license test track that wasn't placed in the full game. If you want a cropped version, let me know.
^ What do you mean? Of course the License Track was in the full game in GT2, but not as a dedicated race track/circuit.

thank you very much, vanishing boy, for compling this. If kaz wasn't a dumb-arse and stopped starting each gt game nearly from scratch this would be perfect gt5 dlc or preloaded gt6 circuits. One or more of us loyal gtplanet gran turismo enthusiasts (like jordan) needs to convince kaz to enroll him/them a job(s) at pd to put the big man's (kaz) mind back on the right track and bring ideas (like old missing tracks) directly from dedicated fans of the series to make gt6 the best ever for all gt fans, all racing games and all to come.
^ I'm completely agree with you! As that I said before, "Bring Back and Return, Then Add!!!"

;)

^ The reasons on why I didn't include this track/circuit is that there is no 'set' layout, meaning it's pretty much like the salt flats. No direction at all to begin with! The YT user Leandro Dorizotti just wandered aimlessly all over the void, completely negates the objective of adding this track. But thats just me...:indiff:

Leandro Dorizotti is wandering from the blue line on in my map. However, the white line is actually a track. As displayed in his video from 0:10 until 0:43.

^ Its from this one my friend:

IA-10 Test (killed off)
test_hs1.png

http://youtu.be/ZMjg_dRrTFY
[GT2 / GT2 / GT2]

(image courtesy by Xenn)
Sorry, but the IA-10 Test "Eau Rouge" is not the map that you have in your quote. Check the video and you'll see that it's a 90 degree left turn followed by a 90 degree right turn which is not the layout of IA-10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoXTVYkMbc8

^ What do you mean? Of course the License Track was in the full game in GT2, but not as a dedicated race track/circuit.

I was referring to the map under "EDIT: I FOUND IT". Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
-> Okaaay! That new 'Vette Stingray and the NSX Concept (II) videos revealed few tracks.

Shibuya District in Tokyo
tokyonsx.jpg

Seattle Circuit '11=0s
26652831.jpg

as2q.jpg

^ A map made by me:

Seattle+Circuit+%2710s.jpg

©The Vanishing Boy

Embalse de Montejaque, Montejaque, Málaga, Spain
NSXCferinodesign4.gif

Willow Springs Int'l Raceway - Streets of Willow
willow-springs-gran-turismo-5-4-638x358.jpg

Apricot Hill
apricot-hill-1-638x358.jpg

-> And heres a surprise for me...

Driving Park: Route X
spillway-638x358.jpg

^ Does anyone remembers this:

mlP2K.jpg

©SHIRAKAWA Akira / ©The Vanishing Boy
SpecialStageRouteX_29.jpg

specialstageroutex6.jpg

;)

Leandro Dorizotti is wandering from the blue line on in my map. However, the white line is actually a track. As displayed in his video from 0:10 until 0:43.
^ Ah ok, thank you for pointing that out!

:dunce:👍

Sorry, but the IA-10 Test "Eau Rouge" is not the map that you have in your quote. Check the video and you'll see that it's a 90 degree left turn followed by a 90 degree right turn which is not the layout of IA-10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoXTVYkMbc8
^ My mistake again! I'll revise the list again. Wow, I'm becoming rusty now!!! :eek:

-> I will include the Possible and Hidden tracks soon so I could keep myself on track again. Thanks again! :)

-> Okaaay! That new 'Vette Stingray and the NSX Concept (II) videos revealed few tracks.

-> And heres a surprise for me...

Driving Park: Route X
spillway-638x358.jpg

^ Does anyone remembers this:

mlP2K.jpg

©SHIRAKAWA Akira / ©The Vanishing Boy
SpecialStageRouteX_29.jpg

specialstageroutex6.jpg

;)

Can you elaborate on Route X?

My guess: The entrance to this tunnel I would assume would be in the beginning where you start. You have tunnel 1 (pits), 2 (where you start) and closed off 3 (with water after the exit). Maybe they will open 3 up in that area, which goes underneath (the tunnel pictured), leading to that partially constructed drift highway or something else.

The entrance matches up with your map.

-> There were rumors that the Jerez Circuit might be hiding aroung those NSX & C7 'Vette videos, but I'm not quite sure...:odd:

Can you elaborate on Route X?
^ I explained everything on page 21, here are the links:

^ I gave a very detailed outlook on Driving Park: Route X despite with (somewhat) blurry images. This disection took me 2 hours to decontruct, and it was worth it! :)

My guess: The entrance to this tunnel I would assume would be in the beginning where you start. You have tunnel 1 (pits), 2 (where you start) and closed off 3 (with water after the exit). Maybe they will open 3 up in that area, which goes underneath (the tunnel pictured), leading to that partially constructed drift highway or something else.

The entrance matches up with your map.
^ Here is the Start/Finish tunnel area:

Special+Stage+Route+X_5.jpg

-> I made a statement about this part of DPRX back in page 23:

+ Lane 1 = Pit Lane
+ Lane 2 = Start/Finish Lane
+ Lane 3 = >Closed Lane<
+ Lane 4 = Service Area
+ Lane 5 = Service Area
+ Lane 6 = Service Area
+ Lane 7 = Service Area

^ So Lanes 4 thru 7 are for ships, nuff said. Lane 1 & 2 are the only funtional lanes for SSRX and DPRX, while Lane 3 is still a mystery since I don't see any purpose of it before the merge. :)

-> And this is where Driving Park starts:

6779253825_f323baae16_z.jpg

does anybody have a video of getting in the inside of ssrx?
^ Unfortunately, try as we might. There is no access to DPRX... :indiff:

Wow, impressive posts! Thank you sir! I must admit I've always played SSRX at night (should change time to day next time) because I think it's visually amazing, I would wager one of the best stages we have.

Now if they open this up, this would be the first time a stage was patched?

I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but one of the most disappointing things about GT5 was that not a single Dirt and Snow course from any past GT carried over into GT5 (I am NOT counting GT5's Chamonix courses). I often imagine what every Dirt and Snow course would look and drive like in GT5 under PS3 power. I have fond memories of flying high around Tahiti Circuit or Smokey Mountain (S.M. North in GT2). What about those grind-it-out races around Tahiti Maze? Where are they in GT5? Nowhere. I even thought Swiss Alps was cool. Grand Canyon from GT5, anyone? At least RACECAR and I found it a worthy off-road challenge. Not even any of the tarmac rally-type courses (George V Paris, Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi (which I love), etc.) shown up in GT5. Many of these courses were purely classic- about as much of classic courses as the likes of Mid-Field Raceway or Apricot Hill among others. Another thing about these courses... imagine some of these classic courses given time and weather changes. Imagine Tahiti Maze with heavy rain or a snowstorm around Swiss Alps. And of course... let's not forget Pikes Peak from GT2. That's been the only proper rally course in GT history as far as point-to-point rallying is concerned.

It's been a while since I posted here, but I just wanted to point this out about the old Dirt and Snow courses.

^ Very well thought out post! 👍

-> And no, I considered the 'new' Chamonix as a completely different set of tracks compared to the 'Lake Side' that was featured in GT4. On which, was disappointing all in all (even if I don't like the track much ;) ), there are the "traditionalist gamers" in all of us.

-> Heck even Classic Game Room made point of all GT-related videos that why-oh-why PD didn't get the memo on bringing back these epic tracks back in full high quality splendor!? I too, want an answer ASAP!!

BT -> Stumbled on the "Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things" thread on GT2, RandomCarGuy17 cracked some discoveries, from GT2 Beta:

GT2Demo-CourseSelection_zps2d27539d.png

^ Mmmmm, so Rome '90s was called Romanesque Raceway!? I am baffled of this travesty!!

5789607754_4681e6d7b9_m.jpg

-> And heres a quote from RCG17:

The tahiti courses were refered as "Tour di' Tahiti". Midfield was called "Parament" or something like that, Red Rock Valley was called "Sprint2" (I wonder what sprint 1 was); basically some courses had test name due to probably PD not coming up with an original track name yet or some other reason.
^ I already ask him if there are images to back all these things up, will wait for his answer! lols

:crazy:

Back