GT6 1.21 Updated Sound Thread

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 295 comments
The sound of the Golf 5 GTI has been improved. The noise is a bit more sharpened, and there's more noise coming from the Turbo!

Still haven't tested but I guess the sounds of the golf and Scirocco R have been also improved as well!
Does it also cheat on its emissions?

Edit: I'll have a stab at some of the cars I have, but my deaf ears may not work that well.

can't be very sure but i do my sounds check (stock exhaust) that normally i use:
lexus visiongt .lil bit changed
mazda rx7 gtx 90 premium
ruf btr ,like day and night
gt40 mark 1 lil bit different
corolla levin gtapex 83 , change the pitch of loudest low rew
ballade sports crx '83
aston martin v12 vantage
imo the aston vision gt have the same sound of last patch.
in some cases i noticed a reduction of noises and in other cases an increase of noises (out rear view).

The best so far is the Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS.

I can attest to this. Even though the Racing Exhaust has the same sort of sound, it's more pronounced. The biggest winner for the 350Z RS though, is the Semi-Racing Exhaust. Good lord, music to my ears <3

Couple i noticed that one standard exhaust sound change means all exhausts sounds for that car also change.

EDIT: OP now updated :)

Last edited:
Tried a few cars on my Favoutire's list; KTM Xbow Street, Lotus Esprit V8, Mazda Roadster 2007, Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, & they all sound exactly the same as before.

Listened to a few replays, & there was no discernible difference.

We need the tire screatching to get down in volume guys. Too painful to hear them over a screaming engine when just cornering on the limits or even lower.

Has anyone tried the mazda 787b yet? It was quit good already but wonder if they manage to make it better?

And wat about the sound in replay? Any changes here? I've lend GT6 to a friend of mine, i think it's time to get it back :).

I can confirm that the 1999 Impreza WRX TypeR STi Version VI has a new sound, so the other GC8 Imprezas probably have this new sound too.

Shame, I really liked the old sound...
I saw that the Impreza '95 has also a different sound. But it has an horn from Subaru Impreza '05.

VBR
Tried a few cars on my Favoutire's list; KTM Xbow Street, Lotus Esprit V8, Mazda Roadster 2007, Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, & they all sound exactly the same as before.

Listened to a few replays, & there was no discernible difference.

I made that same mistake when I first heard about the Aston Martin DP100. When I actually took it out in Arcade mode though, it indeed sounded different.

I made that same mistake when I first heard about the Aston Martin DP100. When I actually took it out in Arcade mode though, it indeed was different.
In that vid you could hear nothing but vacuum and gearbox whine, so yeah gotta watch that lol.

Has anyone tried the mazda 787b yet? It was quit good already but wonder if they manage to make it better?

And wat about the sound in replay? Any changes here? I've lend GT6 to a friend of mine, i think it's time to get it back :).

It actually sounds a tiny bit better in cockpit cam, you feel more... dunno.. "inside" the car.

Having seen a small debate about the sound of the C6 Corvette ZR1 earlier in the thread, I have tested a stock ZR1 and found it has the same sound as the Corvette Z06.

EDIT: I have since driven the 2007 Nissan GT-R. Its sound now has a little more... "vacuum cleaner" to it. If my description doesn't fit, then it sounds the same as the GT-R Black Mask.

EDIT 2: The Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, which once shared its sound with the Corvette ZR1, also has the Z06 sound now.

Last edited:
I need a hug....

I'm gonna go lie down...

zj82sg6wkcwzc3edwyfz.jpg

Having seen a small debate about the sound of the C6 Corvette ZR1 earlier in the thread, I have tested a stock ZR1 and found it has the same sound as the Corvette Z06.

EDIT: I have since driven the 2007 Nissan GT-R. Its sound now has a little more... "vacuum cleaner" to it. If my description doesn't fit, then it sounds the same as the GT-R Black Mask.

EDIT 2: The Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, which once shared its sound with the Corvette ZR1, also has the Z06 sound now.

Thank gawd, I hated that stupid dying moose sound with the race exhaust, at least it's a bit better now

Edit: the car I tested that have changed sounds:

'97 Camaro Z28
'96 Corvette GS
'10 Camaro SS
These sound like the C6 Z06 now, vastly improved from the dying moose race exhaust hahahha

the v12 vantage sounds worse to me. before they had the in game sound really close to the car in real life. All but the racing exhaust has changed on it

Thank gawd, I hated that stupid dying moose sound with the race exhaust, at least it's a bit better now

Edit: the car I tested that have changed sounds:

'97 Camaro Z28
'96 Corvette GS
'10 Camaro SS
These sound like the C6 Z06 now, vastly improved from the dying moose race exhaust hahahha

I should probably clarify that all of the cars I have tested were completely stock (including exhausts).

the v12 vantage sounds worse to me. before they had the in game sound really close to the car in real life. All but the racing exhaust has changed on it
The v12 vantage has the same sound for me. Strange

Guys please try the 430 and the scuderia and tell me what you think ?

I'm shock by the updated sound...

Back