GT6 "content" unlocked @ 5 million views.

But there doesn't always have to be a monetary return for the word invest to be used, right? Was sure that as long as you paid for a product and got something out of it, not always being money and such, it could work.

Here, I'll answer your question:

The only LOGICAL reason I could see Sony/PD using this content for the 5 mil. mark is because they were anticipating more views to come in quicker. The video was OBVIOUSLY intended to be released pre-demo, but it wasn't.

What gets me, though, is why they didn't even try to throw in SOMETHING, ANYTHING at all. There is PLENTY they could've shown at this point, from game structure to potnetial customization options.

Look at the content for other games they showed. Your expectations were not only way too high, they were completely unjustified. All the "bonus content" in the video/campaign was very mediocre, not just GT6's. For some reason people were expecting this to be some big reveal when GT6 was just a small part of it just like all the other games were.

What gets me, though, is why they didn't even try to throw in SOMETHING, ANYTHING at all. There is PLENTY they could've shown at this point, from game structure to potnetial customization options.

Goodwood was a complete surprise. 99% of us were stunned. Hopefully we will get more meat before Gamescom. Yes, I know you're talking about the YouTube video. It's just ironic how SONY set up this great expectation with the YouTube video views to unlock something GREAT. The hyped up content is revealed in the same window as Goodwood is announced! It's like a kid hyped up for 4th of July expecting "real" fireworks. But Mom brings home little spark showering fountains, smoke bombs, snakes and snaps. Suddenly your neighbor blasts off a 25 piece cake and a 2000 piece brick of firecrackers!

Investors have part ownership of a company by purchasing stock in the company.

The hype and anticipation only grew and grew because it took so long to unlock. They clearly expected 5,000,000 hits to have been reached at least 18 days ago, before anyone of us played the demo ourselves. Back then the video and all of the other content on there would have been fine, no big build up, no hype, just a quick unlock of a few decent things.

As it is the process took too long, the demo was already out and hype was naturally built up over weeks, leading only to disappointment there wasn't more behind it.

The hype and anticipation only grew and grew because it took so long to unlock. They clearly expected 5,000,000 hits to have been reached at least 18 days ago, before anyone of us played the demo ourselves. Back then the video and all of the other content on there would have been fine, no big build up, no hype, just a quick unlock of a few decent things.

As it is the process took too long, the demo was already out and hype was naturally built up over weeks, leading only to disappointment there wasn't more behind it.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Goodwood was a complete surprise. 99% of us were stunned. Hopefully we will get more meat before Gamescom. Yes, I know you're talking about the YouTube video. It's just ironic how SONY set up this great expectation with the YouTube video views to unlock something GREAT. The hyped up content is revealed in the same window as Goodwood is announced! It's like a kid hyped up for 4th of July expecting "real" fireworks. But Mom brings home little spark showering fountains, smoke bombs, snakes and snaps. Suddenly your neighbor blasts off a 25 piece cake and a 2000 piece brick of firecrackers!

Investors have part ownership of a company by purchasing stock in the company.

It would've been cool if the unlock revealed Goodwood, but it was sensitive timing since it was close to the actual Good Fest. itself where they ran the demo with the track.

So, this is, quite possibly, the biggest PR blunder in Sony/PD history? Yes or no?

No it's not.

It might be a big deal to some of us.
But don't forget you are an a GT fansite.

To the rest of the world GT is nothing more than a random videogame.

Like Samus said it will soon be forgotten.

Looking at this thread, I can't help but be reminded of Ralphie in "A Christmas Story".

After anxiously waiting weeks for the secret decoder to come by mail,
it finally arrived.

With great anticipation he decodes the secret message, which reads:
"Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine"

To which Ralphie replies:

"SOB! a crummy commercial"

Ah man, I love that scene. You're totally right in drawing the comparison.

Here's Samus finding out about what the "exclusive content" actually is:

E3 is too far away from launch day to give much away. Look at what was revealed at the last E3 before GT5's launch to see something broadly similar.

Gamescom will get more as it is closer to launch and the European market is the biggest GT market.

I'm going to say that "millions of users accounts getting hacked due to awful security measures" is still their shining example.

Companies get hacked daily. PD had nothing to do with it so it wasn't their blunder anyway.

Back