GT6 "content" unlocked @ 5 million views.

Right. Let me try again. Why would they hide the release date and platform behind a publicity stunt video and take the risks associated with such rather than just announce it at the major game expo that is a month away? It's certainly possible that they would do something so ridiculous, but "so they can screw with us" isn't a reason so much as paranoia.

Because they can.

They have until late October:November to mess with us if THEY like.

I'm failing to see why you are making an issue about this.

Because they can.

They have until late October:November to mess with us if THEY like.

I'm failing to see why you are making an issue about this.

Because the idea is idiotic, and there is enough misinformation in this thread as it is regarding "I wonder what the real reward will be" without full blown tinfoil hat nonsense. You're saying that Sony are going to put important information about the game, specifically the release date and the platform, as a reward for watching a viral video that mostly bombed rather than an industry trade show when all eyes would be on them even though they would have no idea when it would reach the milestone needed? And the best reasoning you can come up with for why they would do so is "because then they can screw with people"?

Did Kaz set your cat on fire or something?

Last edited:
Was a mistake.. There was no wallpaper and it had nothing to do with GT6. But damage is now unlocked in GT5.

I think it will come, and probably along an official press release from Sony (or PD). Any minute now........

Because the idea is idiotic, and there is enough misinformation in this thread as it is regarding "I wonder what the real reward will be" without full blown tinfoil hat nonsense. You're saying that Sony are going to put important information about the game, specifically the release date and the platform, as a reward for watching a viral video that mostly bombed rather than an industry trade show when all eyes would be on them even though they would have no idea when it would reach the milestone needed? And the best reasoning you can come up with for why they would do so is "because then they can screw with people"?

Did Kaz set your cat on fire or something?

Sure, why not? Because you don't like it, too bad.

SONY can do whatever they want. Why don't YOU realize that? Dude, go outside and cut your lawn or something. Take a break, seriously. Lay off the caffeine.

'm not asking you to disprove the fact that SONY can do whatever they want with their product or market any of their products in any way THEY see fit. Are you a SONY investor? Probably not, so why does it matter to you if they announce (hypothetically) GT6 will be a dual release after 5 million views is reached or in 4 months? It doesn't.

You're starting to get a bit personal and very disrespectful. I suggest you stop.

Sorry Dave, but I just cannot see any logical reason in that. There's a lot of illogical things going on (this being the internet, you'll find plenty), but the idea of Sony doing this just to intentionally screw with everyone is abit illogical in itself.

'm not asking you to disprove the fact that SONY can do whatever they want with their product or market any of their products in any way THEY see fit. Are you a SONY investor? Probably not, so why does it matter to you if they announce (hypothetically) GT6 will be a dual release after 5 million views is reached or in 4 months? It doesn't.

Isn't purchasing their product make you an investor?

Sorry Dave, but I just cannot see any logical reason in that. There's a lot of illogical things going on (this being the internet, you'll find plenty), but the idea of Sony doing this just to intentionally screw with everyone is abit illogical in itself.

SONY's entire marketing campaign over the history of the PS3 was illogical.

Was it logical to make a 1 lap video around Silverstone the surprise content for 5 million views? My entire point and on think I've stated it multiple times, companies don't do things the way we want them to. They do what they want, they way they want to, because they can.

When I first posted "because they can", I truly believe is pretty damned self explanatory. I should have picked up on Tornado just wanting to fight, because he can. He has the freedom to do so, if he wanted to, and he made the choice to.

Sure, why not? Because you don't like it, too bad.

That's not a reason.

SONY can do whatever they want. Why don't YOU realize that? Dude, go outside and cut your lawn or something. Take a break, seriously. Lay off the caffeine.

That's not a reason.

Because I'm the one who asked the question that you're refusing to actually answer.

You're starting to get a bit personal and very disrespectful. I suggest you stop.
:lol:

That's not a reason.

Was it logical to make a 1 lap video around Silverstone the surprise content for 5 million views?

Compared to the other rewards offered in the video, yes it was.

My entire point and on think I've stated it multiple times, companies don't do things the way we want them to. They do what they want, they way they want to, because they can.

No one said otherwise. But that's not a reason.

When I first posted "because they can", I truly believe is pretty damned self explanatory.

It wasn't self explanatory. At all. Companies rarely do things just "because they can." When I ask, as I did, what reason Sony would have to put important information about the game (and only this game from the video) as a reward for viewcount (which they have no idea when it will be achieved, and no idea how much exposure it would get upon doing so) as people were saying that they were going to do rather than announce it at the same type of place they have always announced such news, "because they can" isn't an answer to the question. No one ever said that they couldn't. No one ever asked how they had the ability to do it. I was asking why anyone would think that they would do so, and repeating over and over that they can does nothing to answer that; and the clarification that they would because they want to screw with people (rather than, you know, advertise news for the newest product of their cornerstone franchise), as if Sony is making it their job to piss people off, is a joke.

I should have picked up on Tornado just wanting to fight, because he can. He has the freedom to do so, if he wanted to, and he made the choice to.

Since I notice you never actually answered the question nor were one of the ones originally saying that Sony would hinge things of import on this video, I should have picked up on you just posting to see yourself post, because you can. You have the freedom to do so, if you wanted to, and you made the choice to; but don't waste my time repeatedly stating the obvious as if it is an answer to a specific question when it isn't.

Last edited:

Was it logical to make a 1 lap video around Silverstone the surprise content for 5 million views? My entire point and on think I've stated it multiple times, companies don't do things the way we want them to. They do what they want, they way they want to, because they can.

I'm well aware companies don't always give you what you want, but this idea you have of them intentionally "Screwing with us" does not seem any more logical. A company lives for profit, not for the sole purpose of spite. If a Company makes a illogical decision, its because someone made a logical decision, not to intentionally spite people. Its borderline paranoid to think that because as far as I can work out, "Spite" doesn't make profit.

Not trying to get personal, but this just feels more like what like what you feel they did rather then what they actually did.

Just go back to where Tornado quoted someone by saying "Why would they do that", I then said "because they can". That's it period, BECAUSE THEY CAN. The "screw with us" is really irrelevant. How about, "to be creative, different, outside the box, unique, or even surprising". RACECAR, don't focus on "screwing with us". That is clearly what Tornado is doing.

I guess they can't because some gamers say they can't.

Tornado guess what, SONY is going to do what they want....BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Just go back to where Tornado quoted someone by saying "Why would they do that", I then said "because they can". That's it period, BECAUSE THEY CAN. The "screw with us" is really irrelevant. How about, "to be creative, different, outside the box, unique, or even surprising".

I guess they can't because some gamers say they can't.

Tornado guess what, SONY is going to do what they want....BECAUSE THEY CAN.
BECAUSE THEY CAN is the crappiest excuse for an argument I have ever seen.

OH MY GOD! REALLY?

It's too bad that you still fail to grasp that it doesn't answer the question, but cool beans that you think it does. 👍

Why even press on? You keep asking the same question and he gave you his answer. You sound like a broken record. All because the answer doesn't fit your bill of a proper response. Who cares? You want an answer, ask Sony.

Or I can just ask here, since several people were saying that Sony was going to announce such things as the reward for the video without explaining why it was such a sure thing, and this is the thread about it.

Thanks for the input, though.

👍

Some actual justification behind the idea why they would do it (rather than just repeating that they have the ability so that's why they would do it) would be nice, but to be honest it's rather clear that you know of none.

How about, "to be creative, different, outside the box, unique, or even surprising". Those of us who are going to buy it, will buy it regardless of when or HOW they announce whatever they announce. As I've said MULTIPLE times, they can market the game ANY way they like. Does this meet your requirement for ME to say what I want no matter how simplistic or complex?

You're acting like you're not even a GT fan, or you're on the fence about being a Gran Turismo supporter.

They obviously didn't, but what if they did? Would you boycott because they didn't follow your approved method of marketing?

How about, "to be creative, different, outside the box, unique, or even surprising". Those of us who are going to buy it, will buy it regardless of when or HOW they announce whatever they announce. As I've said MULTIPLE times, they can market the game ANY way they like. Does this meet your requirement for ME to say what I want no matter how simplistic or complex?

Those people are free to buy it for whatever reason they want no matter what Sony does. Don't really get where anyone argued otherwise, or what that has to do with anything.

You're acting like you're not even a GT fan, or you're on the fence about being a Gran Turismo supporter.

You can determine such a thing based on a discussion about the marketing, of all things?

They obviously didn't, but what if they did? Would you boycott because they didn't follow your approved method of marketing?

If they did, it probably would have caused nothing but consumer confusion over a game that already has trouble giving straight information. If they did, there's the risk that the news from the video could have been lost among other news that had a formal announcement, since the casual GT buyer isn't going to go hunting for information. If they did, they would have been taking a huge risk with important information not being told to the public when they wanted it to be (and it's clear that they dramatically overestimated the popularity the video would have) if it ever was able to be released at all; especially if they were to use this video to announce a dual-platform release for the game after the month or so where people were even saying that one of the vice presidents of Sony was confused over what platform the game was going to be on when he said it was a PS3 game.

That you have conflated this discussion to mean if they did such a thing I wouldn't buy it is... I can't even imagine where that came from.

Or I can just ask here, since several people were saying that Sony was going to announce such things as the reward for the video without explaining why it was such a sure thing, and this is the thread about it.

Thanks for the input, though.

Several people here, huh? Since when do you rely on them for news or announcements? :dopey:

Here, I'll answer your question:

The only LOGICAL reason I could see Sony/PD using this content for the 5 mil. mark is because they were anticipating more views to come in quicker. The video was OBVIOUSLY intended to be released pre-demo, but it wasn't.

What gets me, though, is why they didn't even try to throw in SOMETHING, ANYTHING at all. There is PLENTY they could've shown at this point, from game structure to potnetial customization options.

I'm highly amused how certain people can care that much about something such dispensable and trivial.

Latest Posts

Back