GT6 "content" unlocked @ 5 million views.

And now, view count stands at 2,508,019 as I post this minute.

It's unreasonable to jump to assuming that Sony paid Google to commit fraud because the YouTube view counter is acting screwy on a publicity video.

Or they just threw a large Botnet at it.

Various companies on YT got exposed for fixing view counts, it's not a rare thing, almost common.

Logically, the views per day are meant to slow down over time, not speed up.

It started crawling around 700k, round about when most people must of heard of it, then it started blowing up again.

Smells fishy...

I love how we're all getting all worked up over this...

And then it turns out to a chromeline Nissan GT-R with the GT6 logo plastered at the top of the windshield.

Various companies on YT got exposed for fixing view counts, it's not a rare thing, almost common.

It started crawling around 700k, round about when most people must of heard of it, then it started blowing up again.

Smells fishy...

If you want to believe Sony is manipulating the viewcount of their largely meaningless publicity video with bots because they overestimated how much people actually care, fine. Companies have done it before, certainly. I'll just continue believing that YT's traditionally crappy view counter is being further messed up by the various people watching the video on forced repeat in some side tab in their browser window so they can "unlock" something that will most likely be pretty unimportant; and we'll agree to disagree.

That's still quite a different thing from claiming that Google would, upon becoming aware of such a thing on Sony's end, allow Sony to continue because Sony would pay Google to be allowed to do it; which is what I was specifically responding to.

Last edited:

Smells fishy...

So? Doesn't automatically make it true, especially for a video like this. Again, Sony has no reason to "save face" or do anything drastic, that positive publicity is already in their hands thanks partly to Microsoft.

So from

to

to

Now the count is at 2,585,455

How long does it take to add when someone watches it? sad but true,I could let it run while watching FP3 and qually.

That's how youtube works. View counts don't immediately update.

Nothing unusual, happens with all videos.

That's how youtube works. View counts don't immediately update.

Nothing unusual, happens with all videos.

So I shall keeping running it then,also I'm getting that tv on Monday,hopefully have it rigged up for GT6 demo/Academy:2013.:D

Sony has gotta be doing something with views... I can't believe it's going so fast, especially when I first saw the speed of growing views... it's just too fast.

Sony has gotta be doing something with views... I can't believe it's going so fast, especially when I first saw the speed of growing views... it's just too fast.
That's normal. People first have to hear about it.

Either that or the viral video is, shock horror, picking up pace, going viral and spreading.

The 5 million views thing is a joke. We need more info or even sneak peaks of some proper gameplay. Come on Kaz!!!

Sony couldn't be doing something funny with it because the comment section is as alive as the growing number of views so the probable explanation is that more people are aware and watching that video.

He wasn't agreeing with a statement about Sony messing with the view count.. he was agreeing that the advert is poor.

I think it will reach 5 millions views just at time for the Gamescom.

No, even earlier.

Everyday we leap about 2% or 100,000 views.

Assuming we continue to amass 2%/day (100K views), and considering we're only about 47% away, that suggests we'll reach 5 mil by the end of July or 23.5 days from today.

Are they counting views per cookie, 100% of the clip as a view, start & fast forward to the end as a view, or even start and not even finish as a view? Is simply visiting the video's page as a view?

Wouldn't it be funny if they bumped the target to 10 million just to piss off this whole community and make EA feel good about themselves.

^Sony is on a roll and they're not going to do that lol. I mean, look at us. We're all drooling over this content :P .

I personally think it's got to be a trailer that shows off something new or restored to the series, whether it's a new manufacturer, a classic track, feature, etc.

I do not see it being free content or GT6.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back