GT6 Demo in July!

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 1,286 comments
Actually, I don't think the programming work would be all that involved. But what it would do is blunt the intended purpose of a demo or Prologue, which is to provide a very limited taste to whet your appetite for the full game.

Of course, the Academy demo might just be the first demo, with only a couple of cars and one track like the first Academy Time Trial offered. Then, PD could offer an update to it in late summer or fall with a few more tracks and cars, perhaps even a few GT6 game features, rather than time locking it as they did the first one.
Yeaaaa :/

That's what I was thinking of, but you gotta remember what happened with GT5 Prologue and how long people had to wait for the final version. Then, I was like, "at least this is free." :D

VBR
E3 on the 11th of June, & a demo for GT Academy in July, bring it on! :D
I think the feedback PD had from last year's downloadable GT Academy was great to say the least. Combine that with the feedback they received from GT5 Prologue and I bet this will exceed most of our expectations. People told them we didn't want a Prologue and that the downloadable GT Academy was great (except for the long waits in between each "test"). I really do have high hopes for this one.

Even the GT Academy camp(s) are going to be longer which is what I was hoping for to give each of the finalists a truly FAIR chance.

Last edited:
I really hope it is not a gt academy type thing. I kind of hate nissans so if that was the demo it would make it dramatically less enjoyable for me. I don't mind driving the r33s and Silvia's, but the 370z and leaf bore me. I hope this is a gt6 demo with a good selection of cars from all the major regions.

I have to ironically say that your expectations are too high and/or wishful. Well, except that I doubt that there will only be Nissan's available in the DEMO. The GT Academy competition will likely only have Nissan's though.

I'd be happy with one car and one track if we could at least race it with our friends until GT6 came out. That would be amazing. Anything beyond that will be bonus points for me.

And niche group? LOL. We all just want to feel like we're special, don't we? ;)

I'm thinking it'll include a combination of GT Academy and regular racing. For all we know, they could include the GT Academy Nissans and some of the cars that were included in the silverstone demo as well as a couple new comfirmed cars.

I think it'll be nothing more than a GT Academy "Powered by GT6!" type thing, like we got that programme last year that was separate from GT5 but using the same physics / cars and such.

There's a chance we might see a few new cars but I'm not expecting much beyond "new" Nismo tuned Academy 370z and GT-R types. Perhaps once the GT Academy is finished the "demo" will then open up so you can run practice or TT laps around whatever track they use (I assume one of the Silverstone layouts) with some of the Academy cars.

I'd love to see a completely separate GT6 demo unrelated to the GT Academy, something like GT HD Concept where you get a handful of pre-selected normal / tuned cars and a track or two with TTs and stuff, but realistically I'm not expecting that much.

It will be Nissan only. Most likely TT only (but I don't rule out actual racing).

And (get ready for it...) featuring the awesome new Juke NISMO!

Pardon me while I throw up.

Gladly, the demo might feature more cars than just Nissan's:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1910783.html?t=15th

"Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
Acura NSX ’91
*Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
*Alpine A110 1600S ’68
*Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
Ferrari 458 Italia ’09
*Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
Ford GT ’06
*KTM X-BOW R ’12
Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74
*Light Car Company Rocket ’07
McLaren MP4-12C ’10
*Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12
*Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
*Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12
Toyota 86 GT ‘12"

That was the Silverstone demo though, it doesn't mean they'll be in the public demo as well.
Dunce cap on - check. I clearly misread it. Got a tad too exited, I suppose. Damn.

From that news page I just noticed..

Not least of these is GT Academy, a collaboration with Nissan to unearth real racing driver talent that first ran in 2008. It was announced during the event that the competition returns for its biggest ever year in 2013, with the entry mechanic set to take place on an exclusive GT6 demo in July.

GT Academy returns in 2013 and takes place on exclusive GT6 demo in July is essentially what I'm reading. I didn't actually notice (or remember) that until just now when I skimmed over the article again, pretty much reinforces my thoughts on the previous page.

The demo at Silverstone had the GT Academy events on it too. I think it is likely that it will be similar to one that was at Silverstone.

I think, PD want to get the interest from the players of the whole world to buy GT6 later this year, so there will be more than one or two Nissans in the demo. I mean, it will be likewise the GTHD demo including the Silverstone track and some cars we have seen from the silverstone event.

Back