GT6 Demo in July!

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 1,286 comments
No, just no, can we please stop with that terrible practice of releasing broken games and then patching them. Releasing a patch on consoles isn't nearly as easy as it is on PC's, it's easier for everybody if PD delays it a bit. Saves space on your HDD and PD can work faster and they will get higher ratings if the game ships with the brand new sound and other features.

Look at GT5 for god's sake, we never got a game-changing patch, they just added options, it took them 2 years to add a race BGM setting to the quick options menu. If GT6 ships with the old sound and AI it's over, it won't get fixed. Is that what you want?
First of all, No, PD is going to update GT6 which are Kaz's words. They've made it more "efficient" this time around and are going to have nearly three years of knowing that to make it that way. How? How the hell should I know.

SECONDLY
http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_updates_to_Gran_Turismo_5

Not even full steering wheel support? Not even the "click square to go to your Garage in this section even though the menu's are already slow and clunky and weren't made as they should have been"? I could do more, but you go through the list. Even if you disagree, your opinion/statement doesn't mean anything unless you were playing GT5 since launch time. Maybe if you started with a G27 and had to wait for the support. Or if you didn't have one and had a DFGT instead. Or if you don't have a steering wheel at all, and still to this day don't have a steering wheel. You don't represent every person that owns this game.

No game-changing patches or updates. IMO you make me laugh.

History backs me up, the words of a man that never delivers are just words in the air. But whatever, if you want to believe him that's ok, just don't come and whine about the game being unfinished 1 or 2 years after its release.

Bite your tongue man :ouch:, no delays please.

That should say even if it needs to be added via an early update but not delayed. I'd rather have the game on schedule even if the AI and sound are still on par with GT5. They did say that in the changes they had made one of them was to make it more flexable to being updated so that should be an option rather than delay.

Duly noted, thanks! :)
But who knows, best-case scenario being that both are implemented and the game is released in holiday 2013

There were quite a few updates to GT5 and some of them were game changing as well. IMO upgraded sound would not be a "game changer" it would make the game more enjoyable though. Better AI would be a game changer.

As for GT5 they added the seasonals which changed the game quite a lot especially for those who just started or restarted the game making it much easier to advance in levels and get a bunch of credits. They added the OCD which made it much easier to get a few of the cars you need to run some of the events. Both of these things changed A-Spec quite a lot. In the online section they started using option PP ratings, allowed several different settings that were not there at start all of which changed the game.

Basically for those of us who started playing day one and then went away for a while then came back the game was much different than before in several ways.

As for what they can do in an update that just depends on how the game is designed. Kaz himself [I think] said that the game would be more easily update-able than GT5 was. He also said that the sound and the AI that they want to put in may not be ready when the game is released which I take to mean that they have some interim idea in place which may or may not be better than what we had in GT5 and then the ones they want may be added as an update to the game.

If the AI and Sounds are resource files or otherwise separate from the main code which is likely then updating them via an update process should not be that difficult to do. In any case it would be nice to have these improved but they are not a deal breaker for me. I am more interested in multi player racing than single player vs AI cars.

History backs me up, the words of a man that never delivers are just words in the air. But whatever, if you want to believe him that's ok, just don't come and whine about the game being unfinished 1 or 2 years after its release.
Okay, I won't take you seriously, my fellow GTP member. As if I ever did take you seriously though.

You didn't even do what I asked of you or ANYbody else who read my post. Soooo..

And it's obvious or your response would have been different. Saying that I believe Kaz when you don't when I showed you "proof" that he can back up his words. Even at the start WHEN I FIRST JOINED GTP, people were saying that the updates would not last long, but they lasted long enough for people to want more, even though almost all of the things asked of Kaz/PD would have been difficult to update/add/fix/ or inculde? in an update due to business and the lateness of it all and whatnot. I mean, two year down the line they were still updating GT5; I didn't expect it, I don't think I did.

Anyway, hasta manana. It's almost midnight here. Three minutes away! Tragos hasta la puesta dia.

Is that how it sounds in GT5? It's a strange mix of cross-plane V8 in the lower rev range, and flat-plane V8 in the upper. The car clearly has a complicated set of valves and extraneous plumbing to switch in the old favourite 180-headers at a certain engine speed... :dopey:
But there I thought it was a V6.

Anyway, it's a fairly meaty V8 sample, too, which shows they have the data to hand. Quite what they were smoking when those samples were allocated, I don't know. Still, entirely new sounds are on their way!

Did anyone managed to get cloudy weather on Silverstone?
Theese are screenshots from this demo..
82wl.jpg

It's from the first training ride.
I've tried 5 or 6 times (on different account) and I always get 100% clear and sunny weather...

I've tried 5 or 6 times (on different account) and I always get 100% clear and sunny weather...
Curious indeed. That's more like the Silverstone I know :sly: with none of that sunny stuff hanging around.

I'm think you'll just have to take those turns wide. Don't start going in until you think you can accelerate more than you used to be able to. I'm not sure of the corner names and not entirely sure or can't remember which parts of the track you're referring to, but give it a try unless someone else can give you advice? Throttle, too, though. Find the balance between spinning out or sliding and understeering causing you to go off the track.

It's basic, but ehh. Do what you can?

I don't know the corner names either haha, but these are the ones I mean:

After start: right turn, left turn, tight right turn, tight left turn, straight, left turn, 270 degree right turn, straight, long fast right turn. This turn is the first one I'm referring to.

The second hard section: from the start moving backwards, right turn, right turn, tight left turn, long 180 degree right turn. This is the second section I refer to, the long 180 degree turn before the final chicane.

Is that how it sounds in GT5?
Hardly, the car is not in GT5.

Theese are screenshots from this demo..

I don't think the weather really changes in the demo.

Guys, testerday afternoon I thought it'd be nice to compare apples to apples (GT5 to GT6) by driving a stock 370Z in Autumn Ring reverse in a 3-lap one-make race selecting the same driving options, tires, etc. The result for the best lap: 1.32 in GT5, 1.31,1 in GT6. And much more fun driving in the latter as well. Physics for suspension travel, weight transfer, balance and grip loss are outstanding in the demo and I hope there is more in tire aspect.

Hardly, the car is not in GT5.

Haha, well at least someone told me. I don't really pay attention to these things. :P

I guess that covers my concern, though. No attention paid whatsoever to the samples used. Seems like they're betting heavily on their new sounds; could be good (they're confident they'll get them in), could be bad (they don't get them in, and this is what we're left with).

Haha, well at least someone told me. I don't really pay attention to these things. :P

I guess that covers my concern, though. No attention paid whatsoever to the samples used. Seems like they're betting heavily on their new sounds; could be good (they're confident they'll get them in), could be bad (they don't get them in, and this is what we're left with).
The car we're talking about is not in GT5, but two other Schulze GTR's are. Those cars are AWD though and slower than the GT3 spec car.

I can't tell if they used the same sound on all these 3 cars. I'd say it's very possible.

The car we're talking about is not in GT5, but two other Schulze GTR's are. Those cars are AWD though and slower than the GT3 spec car.

I can't tell if they used the same sound on all these 3 cars. I'd say it's very possible.

I knew about the other cars, hence the confusion. It's obviously possible, but I'm more interested as to whether they actually do sound the same or not.

Anyway, I checked them on You Tube and the ones in GT5 sound the same as each other, but this new one is different. That means they went out of their way to choose those sounds (they're pre-existing samples, albeit from two different cars) for that car. I have to wonder who it is that's doing them - I'm still going with some poor interns! :lol:

Guys, can anyone tell me how to get the GT-R black edition?
I got 5 gold in the 5 Academy events (4 partial + full lap) and silver in the 2 bonus Silverstone track....
What am I missing?

Guys, can anyone tell me how to get the GT-R black edition?
I got 5 gold in the 5 Academy events (4 partial + full lap) and silver in the 2 bonus Silverstone track....
What am I missing?

The 3rd bonus TT was with the GT3 GT-R and it has been removed for now. Should be back on the 29th 👍.

Nothing, you can only drive it in those events.

Thanks. I suppose you just have to push the change car button (cause GT-R is neither in the garage nor in the Dealerships)
Last time I tried I could not change car in those events...I'll double check

The 3rd bonus TT was with the GT3 GT-R and it has been removed for now. Should be back on the 29th 👍.

Thanks
It's really absurd they referred the PS3 clock time (and not the server time) allowing such trick...

Thanks. I suppose you just have to push the change car button (cause GT-R is neither in the garage nor in the Dealerships)
Last time I tried I could not change car in those events...I'll double check...
As the GT-R isn't a car you have bought in the game, you won't be able to select it. It's like the car for the Silverstone TT - it's just provided for you to drive.

I wonder if the two or however many versions we all buy in the demo, will be in our garage for GT6...

A pat on the back from virtual Lucas and a message that new info on GT6 will appear soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway if anyone didn't notice, if you waited long enough in the main menu, a demonstration will start. Usually its r35 on various tracks. Not sure about the other cars though. Just a little tip for youtubers :)

Also a heads up to anyone who wants to play the final event early ahead of July 29th, change the date to 29/07 and load up GT Academy 2013. Then just go into "GT 15th Anniversary" in Special Events and the 3rd Time Trial has been revealed:

So I tried this and it didn't work for me. Just tells me "The Date settings were not correct" and I can't find it.

So I tried this and it didn't work for me. Just tells me "The Date settings were not correct" and I can't find it.

They fixed it. The bet event is either deleted or the day is counting on the server not your own console since someone found out you could do that and PD patched it

Latest Posts

Back