GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really appreciate you fellas for the feedback & including my track's into your DotW :cheers:

Loving the fact that so many people enjoy the track's I create, makes it feel alot more worthwhile when I'm spending day's/week's creating them :)

However the real winner's here are the guys who created the tool's to allow me to do this (you know who you are) :bowdown:

F.Y.I. your Deep Forest is being used for the TT over at car of the week. Lovely track!

GT6 Duel of the Week 2 Bonus Stage 3: Euro Touring Cars at Trial Mountain!

Holy picture load warning, Batman!

Trial Mountain Circuit names.png

A few weeks ago, some of the GT6 Duel of the Week crew had what could only be described as an "incredibly close race". That phrase gets thrown around a lot, but this one in particular is worthy of the title.

Following some incidents pre-race with balancing issues (particularily with the M3 GTR), and @Baron Blitz Red leaving beforehand for reasons aforementioned, we finally got the ball rolling and moved on with the official race.

Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg

Into the first corner, all four cars are packed incredibly tight along the flowing section leading up to the first tunnel. Cowboy's Astra was barely visible behind the dirt my M3 GTR kicked up.

Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg

Into the first tunnel, I accidentally go wide and leave an opening for Cowboy to slip in and take the third spot. Draggon brakes pretty hard and falls away from Vic a little.

Trial Mountain Circuit_3.jpg

Here's a shot showing the position after the first few sections of the first lap, Draggon and Vic are in close proximity again at this point, as I slowly gain on Cowboy in an attempt for third place.

Trial Mountain Circuit_4.jpg

Down the long straight in the middle of the first lap, Draggon makes a move on Vic down the stretch...

Trial Mountain Circuit_5.jpg

...But he fails and is forced to take a wide apex as Vic reclaims his spot in first.

The rest of the first lap followed the same pattern as the previous half, with Draggon and Vic out in front and me trailing Cowboy for a chance at third place.

Trial Mountain Circuit_6.jpg

So, along the home stretch at the beginning of the second lap, Cowboy speeds ahead of me at full sail, and even catches up to Draggon in the first few gradual curves. However, he took a wide path around Draggon into the first sharp left-hander that didn't pay off. Cowboy hits the grass and begins to spin in front of Draggon.

Trial Mountain Circuit_7.jpg

However, instead of Cowboy spinning out, he just did two complete spins and continued driving like it was nobody's business. Cowboy made the Opel look like a ballerina on asphalt. He secures second place with this radical move.

Trial Mountain Circuit_8.jpg

This move leaves Draggon dumbfounded and I slyly sneak up on his inside into the first tunnel to finally steal third. I'm sure that left a smug grin on Cowboy's face. Draggon may even need a new controller.

Trial Mountain Circuit_9.jpg

Obutwait... Draggon hasn't had enough yet. He slides by the M3 into the tunnel leading up to the long straight, with a superior apex through the previous corner.

Trial Mountain Circuit_10.jpg

But, DJ got this race track on rewind, so I sneak into Draggon's inside during the long left-hander after the straight. In a cruel twist of fate, Draggon is left in last again through a repeat of the previous lap.

Trial Mountain Circuit_11.jpg

Going into the final lap, Cowboy decides to do something about Vic's unchallenged lead thus far. What happens next is an incredibly intense final lap worthy of the highlight reels.

Trial Mountain Circuit_12.jpg

Cowboy slowly makes up ground on his duplicate, the Opel is leading the charge against the undefeated Vauxhall. They may be clones, but they will attempt to claim victory for two different reasons.

Trial Mountain Circuit_13.jpg

Cowboy catches Vic's slipstream down the straight, for the first time in the race Vic's position icon changes to a two. This move looks like it wins Cowboy the race, but will it?

Trial Mountain Circuit_14.jpg

No! In a strange twist of fate, again! Vic is able to take an incredibly wide line around the early-braking Cowboy and cut in close to the perfect apex and blow by him completely. It looked like Cowboy was never in first to begin with! What a pass from Vic to defend the first place like that!

Trial Mountain Circuit_15.jpg

The final few corners consisted of us watching Vic ride away into the sunset with his victory. I pulled off a sweet drift in the background though.

Trial Mountain Circuit_16.jpg

Across the line!

Trial Mountain Circuit_17.jpg

So, that wraps up the bonus stage. Draggon in fourth, myself in third, Cowboy in second and Vic in first.

An incredible display from all drivers, the pack stayed very close throughout the event and the competition was incredibly tight! Each car was pretty evenly matched, this duel was a matter of skill behind the wheel. You'd expect no less from Vic and his driving ability. What transpired here was probably the closest Bonus Stage yet.

So, get your rally car dusted off and head to Toscana. Aim for a time of 1:45 and I'll see you in the next Bonus Stage!​

Quite an entertaining report on a great night of racing @MrWaflz55 ! Yea, I got dumbfounded all right. I hit Cowboy as he was spinning, felt all sorry and stuff in the moment, but then he took off and I felt sorry for myself! And my predictions of you all seeing my back bumper held true. Everyone saw it, albeit only for a split second or so....As for needing a new controller, it remains intact. I only throw phones. :ouch:

The Celica was faster-er when I drove it - seemed to have more guts in the engine area (Supercharger?) - drives like a dog though and the more you push the car the more the car pushes through the corners...

The S2000 R1 was nice, hell it drives great, but for some reason it was slower when I ran at Tokyo...

BUT then I noticed the Celica has Soft tyres... and you can't respray it. It looks bad compared to previous Celica models and the livery is rubbish.

The Amuse has a cluster of chips AND you can colour it any shade you like - BUT it retains the anti glare black bonnet.

Maybe on equal tyres, they are closer - Maybe if you pick a more twisty track the S2000 would shine.

I did cut the tight right corner after the Akasaka Palace, and just hitting the kerbs launched the Celica into a barrel roll Anakin Skywalker would have been proud of.

spinning thats cool.jpg

Anakin Skywalker, "Spinning that's cool!", Yesterday above Naboo.​

I tried the same thing in the S2000 and the car was far more planted.

SO, at the moment Ryk says...
"The S2000 R1 by Amuse,
will be the car to choose."

I'm gonna also vote for the Amuse, It's got more in paint choices, customisation and so on just from the start. 👍

While in factory fresh form the Celica has a tyre advantage and power advantage, I'd argue the S2000 that when all things are equal is the better choice and it's likely got a higher tuning ceiling as well so it'll be more capable in higher PP events compared to the Celica.

But that's not to say the Celica is terrible, it's still quite the track toy for a FF car.

Please ignore that dumb-ass pie comment. I've been frustrated with online bugs--lag, stuttering, the community section freezing, inability to get into rooms I created. Bla Bla Bla.

The Trial Toyota is one of my favorite tuners. I just find it lovely to drive. Some of that is due to the SS tires, since it wasn't so great with SH. As for front-drivers, it rates along with the Citroen Kit Car as my top 2. This course did give it some trouble exiting the slow corners due to wheelspin with TC 0, but through the first bus stop and the wider corners it was a dream.

I expected nothing from the Titan. I just don't like how PD has modeled most of the S2000's. I imagine I may have driven this one once upon a time, but I forget. I found myself in for a great treat though. The Titan seems just about made for this course. It went exactly where I pointed it, had much better brakes than the Toyota, and only needed a touch of parking brake to rotate the sharp corners. I know I left a lot on the table during the TT. I couldn't quite nail my braking points and got some wheelspin in a few places. This one is an Amuse-ing winner.

Trial for a Trial Celica 1:53.840
The Titan of Trials 1:53.112

Verdict: Amuse S2000 R1 Titan!

Alright, this week featured some modified machinery from two well-respected tuners within Japan. The Amuse S2000 R1 and the Trial Celica are two popular tuner cars within GT6. They've been featured in the series since around GT4, and they have been rivals for a while now.

For looks, you'll probably want to check out the S2000 R1 Titan, it's got a racing-inspired design with a blacked-out middle portion of the livery. A larger rear wing than the Trial car and some pretty good colour options. The Trial on the other hand seems lacking in customization. The only thing really changeable are the wheels IIRC.

Performance is on the S2000's side as well. The Trial may be a fast FF tuner, but the FR layout and similar performance figures give the S2000 an easier time taking sharp turns that would just cause the Trial to wheel spin. No surprises about who's the faster car here.

All in all - the S2000 is the better car.

Let's see what you guys had to say:

Trial: 0
Amuse: 5

amuse_r1_titan_01.jpg

That's a pretty clear win for the Amuse S2000 R1 Titan!

Congratulations to @Draggon for the best S2000 time and @Baron Blitz Red for the best Celica time!

Next week we have some more tuning to do, but not in the sense you might expect.

GT6 Duel of the Week #102: Fake GT3!

Here's a duel for the mechanics in all of you, this week we're starting with two base cars, but we're voting on which tune for these two cars is better at accomplishing the race-car replica goal.

For your write-up this week be creative. Compare the tunes to actual GT3 cars within the game, or try running them online against other players to see how competitive they are.

This week we have...

@Ridox2JZGTE's Ferrari 458 GTE Tune!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/reso...model-09-570pp-sports-soft-to-racing-hard.57/

IMG_2178.JPG

and @SirCagnuranis' Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 Tune!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/lamborghini-gallardo-lp-560-4-08-gt3.799/

Gemasolar_1.jpg

So, the time trial will be held at Suzuka Circuit 2014 this week, a good test of technical corners as well as speed to put these cars through their paces. Take a while to tune these two cars and be sure to follow the gentleman's agreement on tuning this week. Only use the default tuning sheet each guide has played out.

(In order for your time to be included in the final results this week, post a picture of both cars with the racing number "69" so I know you're following the above rules. Of course any lap times that seem way faster than the regulars will be excluded as well.

Last edited:

(In order for your time to be included in the final results this week, post a picture of both cars with the racing number "69" so I know you're following the above rules. Of course any lap times that seem way faster than the regulars will be excluded as well.
Well aren't we super mature?

Last edited:
The Ferrari 458 wins

ABS = 0 and TCS = 0 - Proper driving numbers

Or you can have ABS=1 and TCS=3 turned on like a girly-girl in the Audi Gallardo/ Lamborghini R8

Ryk
The Ferrari 458 wins

ABS = 0 and TCS = 0 - Proper driving numbers

Or you can have ABS=1 and TCS=3 turned on like a girly-girl in the Audi Gallardo/ Lamborghini R8

If it bothers you that much, turn the Lamborghini's driving aids to 0, nobody's forcing you to use them.

Almost two years into this little club of ours, (Yup, week after next is our two-year anniversary, guys!) and we're still running into firsts. This is the first time we've tested tunes before, and we revisit the age old rivalry between Ferrari and Lamborghini. Interestingly, among all the times we've had the 458 tested (Round 4 for this one) we haven't had it go up against the Gallardo. How will these tunes stack up against one another on Suzuka?

Suzuka Trial:
458 GTE - 2:01.316
Gallardo GT3 - 2:00.414

oUz7yD3.jpg

Predictably, when it comes to Ferrari versus Lamborghini, I always tend to do better with the brand started by the humble tractor builder rather than the egotistical Alfa Romeo driver. With these tunes, there's quite a bit of change to them to make them "race ready". I bought both of these cars fresh, followed the tunes to the letter aside from a few cosmetic liberties, switching the body colors as I usually do and racing both with traction control at zero because I don't need it, and ABS at one because I'm not insane. (Lookin' at you @Ryk )

HAsMCSN.jpg

First up, the Ferrari GTE tune by @Ridox2JZGTE feels wildly different from the stock model. The stock 458 feels very joyridey and free and fun. He's definitely made it more stable, but to a fault. The steering feels mildly more responsive than a drag racer, requiring fairly early braking and absolutely on-point corner entry to not saunter to the opposite guardrail. With that said, the stability of the car can be easy to adapt to and provides better consistency a little bit earlier than the next car.

Fa3BtAB.jpg

@SirCagnuranis' Super Trofeo Lamborghini is quite a beast to behold. This seriously drives like you're riding an actual bull. My first two laps around Suzuka got trashed by the car washing out in corners and generally being easily upset. By that time, I was able to get into a groove and work it to my advantage. It's a little spicy for my tastes, but I love a car that can kick the end out and be really responsive. This definitely felt more fun than the Ferrari, and thanks to being a little lighter, it did pull off the faster time, letting me nail the consistency after a few laps.

All in all, I guess the Ferrari is supposed to be most like a GT3 car, what with being stable (frustratingly so), but if you want my vote on what car you should drive, I'd say that the Lamborghini is the better car, and thus it wins my vote.

Now, since I plan on holding onto these cars unlike how I either sell the others or stuff them in the stockyard, time to ditch the childish numbers.

JDp7CoY.jpg

There we go.

Almost two years into this little club of ours, (Yup, week after next is our two-year anniversary, guys!) and we're still running into firsts. This is the first time we've tested tunes before, and we revisit the age old rivalry between Ferrari and Lamborghini. Interestingly, among all the times we've had the 458 tested (Round 4 for this one) we haven't had it go up against the Gallardo. How will these tunes stack up against one another on Suzuka?

Suzuka Trial:
458 GTE - 2:01.316
Gallardo GT3 - 2:00.414

oUz7yD3.jpg

Predictably, when it comes to Ferrari versus Lamborghini, I always tend to do better with the brand started by the humble tractor builder rather than the egotistical Alfa Romeo driver. With these tunes, there's quite a bit of change to them to make them "race ready". I bought both of these cars fresh, followed the tunes to the letter aside from a few cosmetic liberties, switching the body colors as I usually do and racing both with traction control at zero because I don't need it, and ABS at one because I'm not insane. (Lookin' at you @Ryk )

HAsMCSN.jpg

First up, the Ferrari GTE tune by @Ridox2JZGTE feels wildly different from the stock model. The stock 458 feels very joyridey and free and fun. He's definitely made it more stable, but to a fault. The steering feels mildly more responsive than a drag racer, requiring fairly early braking and absolutely on-point corner entry to not saunter to the opposite guardrail. With that said, the stability of the car can be easy to adapt to and provides better consistency a little bit earlier than the next car.

Fa3BtAB.jpg

@SirCagnuranis' Super Trofeo Lamborghini is quite a beast to behold. This seriously drives like you're riding an actual bull. My first two laps around Suzuka got trashed by the car washing out in corners and generally being easily upset. By that time, I was able to get into a groove and work it to my advantage. It's a little spicy for my tastes, but I love a car that can kick the end out and be really responsive. This definitely felt more fun than the Ferrari, and thanks to being a little lighter, it did pull off the faster time, letting me nail the consistency after a few laps.

All in all, I guess the Ferrari is supposed to be most like a GT3 car, what with being stable (frustratingly so), but if you want my vote on what car you should drive, I'd say that the Lamborghini is the better car, and thus it wins my vote.

Now, since I plan on holding onto these cars unlike how I either sell the others or stuff them in the stockyard, time to ditch the childish numbers.

JDp7CoY.jpg

There we go.

Did you drive the 458 with the base spring rate ( rear 11.49 ) or the alternative rear spring ( 13.10 ) ? The rear spring at 13.10 has better handling ( depend on the driver style ) and with the LSD, if you feel the car is too tight, as mentioned in the notes, you can lower all LSD values slowly, up to 28/28/28. Running front toe out also helpful with the steering mid corner onwards. Thanks for reviewing the 458 👍

So I think what I did was go off of the values set on the part of the tune that's not in the top part of your notes thing. The Spring rates I used were 16.67 (F) and 11.49 (R), and 28/45/45 was what I ran on the LSD, strictly because I was instructed to follow the tunes of both of these cars to the letter and judge them on that basis. It gets a little confusing when there are multiple setups within the same "tune". Usually when we do duels on this thread, they're always stock and by extension, everyone is running the same car essentially. This is kinda the first time we've done this with tunes, and I'm kinda wondering if we'll all be able to follow the exact same setup.

That being said, if I get the chance, I'll give it a go another time.

So I think what I did was go off of the values set on the part of the tune that's not in the top part of your notes thing. The Spring rates I used were 16.67 (F) and 11.49 (R), and 28/45/45 was what I ran on the LSD, strictly because I was instructed to follow the tunes of both of these cars to the letter and judge them on that basis. It gets a little confusing when there are multiple setups within the same "tune". Usually when we do duels on this thread, they're always stock and by extension, everyone is running the same car essentially. This is kinda the first time we've done this with tunes, and I'm kinda wondering if we'll all be able to follow the exact same setup.

That being said, if I get the chance, I'll give it a go another time.

Oh, didn't know about the specific instruction on the tunes. I often include options in the tune as I understand that not every driver has similar style or preference. I gave options on suspension and LSD usually to help find values that work for them better. For example, running LSD 28/40/40 would make the car easier to rotate under braking and more forgiving on throttle, while the alternative suspension gives better handling ( it was made based on feedback given at my garage from people who drove the car )

I guess it depends on the host @MrWaflz55 which specific setup to use or maybe allow changes as long as its within range of the tune ?

Hey hey people...

Sorry for the absence as of late, I've been pretty sick for the past little while and I'll try and get my reviews up shortly, especially for the JDM Tuner event that @MrWaflz55 was kind enough to take my suggestion for... thanks for that btw!

I've just done both tunes, and I've also followed them to the letter as per our in-house Gentleman's Agreement, even with the ludicrous amounts of camber and toe on both. For the 458, the Toe settings I chose were listed as "For better Turn In", and I've used the "Upgraded" version's suspension settings as stated in the Ridox tune.

I've also followed both parts list to the letter (with the exception of the wheel make), as that will make a difference in the long run.

EDIT:

GTP's GT3 Tuner Battle...

bxsgjio.jpg

So this week's duel is made that much more interesting by making comparisons between two very different setups that try and get two Italian Stallions into the famous GT3 class of cars.

fyuiaqJ.jpg

First up, the GT3 version of the Ferrari 458.

Just by looking at the numbers, I knew that this tune would be more to my liking, especially suspension wise. Sticking to the posted parts and numbers that Ridox had given with the "updated" settings, I took her out to get a fresh coat of paint and then off to the races, so to speak.

Suzuka is probably my favourite Japanese circuit, let alone the one that I have the most experience on. Knowing the track is one thing, getting to know this "new" car was another. I took a few practice laps to get acquainted with her, as she does run differently from what I prefer. Straight away I noticed that the gearing was damn near spot on for the first six gears, given that he said he wanted to ignore the seventh altogether. Also very noticeable was the way it handled with WAAAYYY too much camber and toe... yet somehow I managed to get used to it fairly quickly.

With the TT set up for 18 minutes anyways, it was time for "trial by fire" experience. I usually only need 3 laps to get my best time done, but with the different feel of her, I was happy it was that long. Even with the very low rear spring settings, it felt planted and very controllable throughout the entire track. All in all, I managed a pretty respectable 1:59.157 given the fact it only packs 540 hamsters pushing 1247 kilos.

FJNRWnu.jpg

Now to the Gallardo...

I assume that this car's tuner was thinking of a Superleggera version, as it's only 1,155 kilos being pushed around by 555 hamsters. Not bad, but what worried me were the very low spring rate values both front and rear. Unlike the 458, this also had most the power parts installed, with the power limiter down to 69.4% to fit into the 570pp spec race. But again, stupid amounts of camber and toe in a game famous for both of those not working properly, if at all. I usually run every car with zeros, just for that reason alone.

Throughout the entirety of the time trial, I found this car very "floaty" for lack of a better description. The 458 was planted but NOT the Gallardo. I had a few unintentional offs in the Lambo, where the other car I really had to eff things up to go off the course. Even though the best time was pretty close with a 1:59.413, it was more of a struggle to obtain it.

With that, I'm willing to declare the 458's GT3 tune by @Ridox2JZGTE to be the winner here. It was way more to my liking, and did more with less. Hard to find fault with that aspect alone.

Cheers

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the host @MrWaflz55 which specific setup to use or maybe allow changes as long as its within range of the tune ?

Just edited this week's title. It's more appropriate to the theme of this week than the other one.

I expect all tuners this week to follow the instructions to a tee, even LSD is off-limits (but you can still paint your car with trippy colours if you wish).
The only settings I want to be changed for the Time Trial are Traction Control and ABS.

Also, remember the 69.

Last edited:
Uhh... even if the tune requires you to have a limited slip? Both cars have a limited slip in the tune, so I used it.

I took it that he wants us to use the numbers given, but not change those numbers to our liking...

I want to know how @Baron Blitz Red manged to get the top time in a FF last week. We know how much he "loves" them :lol:

Like Tom Petty says: "Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes!" ;)

Cheers

Sorry if I asked, but what's the tire used on the GT3 at Suzuka ? Racing Hard ? I might update the tune with the new version tested at Deep Forest which should drives well at Suzuka with just a little lower accel/brake LSD or maybe I just make a new tune on the database.

fezgt3.jpg

"All we are is dust in the wind dude" - Wyld Stallyn's somewhere near San Dimas, California. Yesterday.​

There was only going to be one winner in the Circuits of Time.
The Wyld Stallyn itself -
The Ferrari 458
Dust - Wind - Dude!​

Back