GT6 Duel of the Week #70: The Grand Finale (well, not really)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by CowboyAce57, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

It's that time of the week again. FR vs 4WD should be interesting. So lets get this started shall we?

Both cars I would say drive quite comfortably, and even though the Supra is rwd, it was quite fun around the track. So how does the Supra compare to the Skyline on the track? Tested both on Brands Hatch as usual, and these are the times after three laps.

Supra: 1:43.992
    Skyline: 1:40.993

The Skyline beats the Supra by nearly three seconds! How? They do both have the same PP, but the Skyline has the advantage of 4WD. What would I choose? I would choose the Supra because I think I would have more fun tuning the car. But what did you guys say?

Supra: 3
    Skyline: 8

And the winner is.......

[​IMG]
    The 2000 Skyline GT-R!!!

Looks like the 4WD prevailed this week. Ah well, i like both cars anyway, so i really didnt care who won. Check back tomorrow for the next duel of the week.

2. kolio

kolio

I expected this, but oh well. :)

CowboyAce57 likes this.
  3. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

^ Same reaction as mine. The R34 GT-R really IS one of the greatest sports cars ever made, I'll give it that. So this comes as no surprise.

I hope tomorrow we'll get a non-Japanese mashup, for a change. :D

kolio123 likes this.
  4. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Time for the next duel. Since we haven't done a European duel yet, now would be a great time. This week's duel is......

[​IMG]
    The 2005 Citroen C4

vs
    [​IMG]
    The 2003 Vauxhall Vectra
    (Thanks to @The87Dodge for the suggestion)

Finally gave the EU a chance to duke it out. The Vectra has the higher PP, but its happened before that the lower PP car wins. Take a drive in these two and let me know what you think.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  5. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Vectra
    3.2L
    208 hp / 6,000 rpm
    221 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
    1,510 kg (3,329 lbs)
    394 pp

C4
    2.0L
    177 hp / 7,000 rpm
    152 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
    1,330 kg (2,932 lbs)
    385 pp

Vectra has a 1.2L advantage, which brings with it a horsepower gain of 31, a torque gain of 69 ft-lbs, and a weight gain of 180 kilos, or 397 lbs.

It's too bad PD removed the acceleration capability tests, as I'd love to include 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...

At Mid-Field Raceway on Comfort Soft tires, the two cars are within mere tenths of a second of each other.

1:31.920 - 394 - Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 '03
    1:32.247 - 385 - Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05

The Vectra reached a max speed of 120 mph to the C4's 117 mph.

Which would I rather own? Well, I prefer hatchbacks over trunks when the choice is given to me, and I like the high-revving nature and easy maintenance of a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder, so I'd definitely go with the C4 on this one. It's the more sporty of the two.

TwinTurbo LM likes this.
  6. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Make a duel between Vauxhall Vectra and Citroën C4.

Puts an image of an Opel Vectra. :p

7. ALeftRighter

ALeftRighter

I like the Vectra more, I like it's styling and with the right tune, can be a really good rally car.

8. lbpomg95

lbpomg95

I love the Vectra. Gots to be the big N/A 3.2 V6 for me.

9. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

There's my embarrassment for the day :O. Didn't even notice I made that mistake.

10. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Both are not really pretty IMHO, but in this case I'd rather choose the lighter compact.

So the C4 wins for me.

11. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

The thing about the Vectra is that it's a sedan. And I like practicality. But it's a Vectra. And its weight is more than 1.5 tons, which is bad for a family car like that. Lovely engine though.

The thing about the C4 is that it's a coupe. Coupe are good for performance, no doubt. And it's a hatchback, which means it has a somewhat roomy interior. But the roomy interior is somewhat ruined because the car only has 2 doors. And from where I live, a 2-door car isn't good if you want your first car to be practical. But it is lightweight, though.

In that respect, I choose the C4. Because it's GT6 we're talking about here, not real life. :p

12. ALeftRighter

ALeftRighter

The C4 has always confused me, it's a hatchback, but it says it's a coupe, but it is a good car, underused.

SuzukaStar likes this.
  13. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

It's both a coupe AND a hatchback. Don't ask me why, ask Citroen for that. :D And I agree with you, though I understand why the C4 isn't used a lot. It is extremely front-heavy (63 F : 37 R weight distribution) and it also has one of the laggiest turbos in the game. I cannot emphasize enough how a laggy turbo and FWD don't mix in really well.

It's really only when fully-upgraded, using R:S tires and with a proper tune that the C4 becomes enjoyable to drive. I have one, and I always use R:S on it.

14. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

I would have much more sense to use Citroen C5 against Opel Vectra than C4... C4 is in class with Astra.

15. ThrasherDBS

ThrasherDBS

Gave these two cars a bit of a driving test. The C4 was a little easier to handle in the corners than the Vectra, but the Vectra ultimately ended up faster than the C4.

Mountain Trial (Matterhorn Rotenboden):
    C4: 2:06.817
    Vectra: 2:04.634

City Trial (SSR5):
    C4: 1:48.807
    Vectra: 1:48.388

Going up the inclines on the Matterhorn, the Vectra proved consistently faster than the C4 due to the difference in power output. However, the Vectra's weight also made the corners a little trickier to take. Both cars were fairly close in the city trial, with the Vectra being slightly faster.

I feel the Vectra wins this one.

16. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

For looks, definitely C4...

For Performance, I will test it....

soon

17. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Ran these two on Autumn Ring and here is what happened.

C4: 0:46.863
    Vectra: 0:47.149

The C4 beat the Vectra by almost half a second. Though I will agree, the Vectra seems to be faster on the straights. What would I choose? I would go with the C4 because it looks better, performs better in my opinion, and would also make a great rally car. What did you guys say?

C4: 3
    Vectra: 3

Looks like it is a tie, but if you count my vote the C4 beats the Vectra, so the winner is........

[​IMG]
    The 2005 Citroen C4!!!

Another duel down, another one coming tomorrow. Check back tomorrow for the next duel of the week.

Lubeify100 and SuzukaStar like this.
  18. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Didn't I say i will go for the C4? Or I totally forgot to say that?

19. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

20. Andefir

Andefir

Missed last weeks duel but I have a suggestion for next week.

Opel Speedster '00 VS Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Rotorist and CowboyAce57 like this.
  21. 05XR8

05XR8

Holden Commodore SS '04 vs Lotus Carlton '90

Just some food for thought. ;)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Rotorist and kolio123 like this.
  22. Thomas2012

Thomas2012

I don't have any good examples at the moment but a old vs new wouldn't be bad.

Such as the old Gold I vs the Golf IV. You get the idea

CowboyAce57 and Andefir like this.
  23. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

There's something I seemed to have missed in this thread, and that thing is good old American muscle, so this week's duel of the week is......

[​IMG]
    The 1970 Dodge Charger 440/RT

Vs

[​IMG]
    The 1971 Plymouth Barracuda 440 Six-Pack
    (Thanks to @SuzukaStar for the suggestion)
    Who said that american muscle doesn't deserve a spot in the duel of the week? Try these cars out (if you can handle the low top speed :sly:) and let me know which one you prefer.

24. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

For look in real life Barracuda, for look in GT6 Dodge because is semi-premium :D For performance I will test it :)

25. ALeftRighter

ALeftRighter

Gotta go Cuda, Best name for a muscle car! Barracuda! Tell any woman you own a barracuda, and you'll be going home and waking up with a smile on your face!

SuzukaStar and Andefir like this.
  26. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Both look good, but the Charger looks like it'd kick serious ass, very evil and it has better proportions than the Cuda. So the Charger wins for me.

SuzukaStar likes this.
  27. Lubeify100

Lubeify100

Tsukuba, no aids, DS3

Charger: 1:08.241
    Cuda: 1:10.347

the Cuda is easy to drift but the loss of power in high rpm brings it down. the Charger feels more balanced.

SuzukaStar likes this.
  28. 05XR8

05XR8

The Cuda is my birthday car but, in standard form it looks like it fades away. The Charger looks good, handles good and the balloon tyres help when making a Stock Car replica.

I choose the Charger. Who can pass up the hidden headlights?

Rotorist, SuzukaStar and Lubeify100 like this.
  29. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Both cars share the same monster 7.2L V8, hence the 440 (cubic inches) in their names. Although they make the same 480 ft-lbs of torque, the Cuda has 9 more horses and weighs 163 lbs less than the Charger.

The Charger bounces off the limiter at 116 mph. I'm not sure what the Cuda tops out at but I saw 118 mph at Mid-Field Raceway before I had to start braking. I'd guess 120 mph.

The Charger is definitely better in terms of performance despite a slightly lower top speed and heavier curb weight. It must have its weight distributed more evenly than the Cuda. Hard to say which one I like more, but I'd look more badass in the Charger. Also, they revived the Charger, and it's as awesome today as it was back then. Can't say the same for the Cuda.

I vote Charger.

30. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Oh, how could I forget the Dukes of Hazzard? Especially with all the commotion about the Confederate Flag lately...

Rotorist, MOPARbarrett5 and NCRthree like this.