GT6 Duel of the Week #70: The Grand Finale (well, not really)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by CowboyAce57, Jun 22, 2015.

1. MrGrado

MrGrado

The Cuda was truly spectacular in GT4 (with a good tune). In GT5 and GT6 it's a waste of HD space unfortunately.

I vote Charger.

2. 05XR8

05XR8

I think it was in GT2 as well. With the Premium Cuda in the game, it truly is a waste.

3. Fire Yoshi

Fire Yoshi

I wish there was a way to make it so the car doesn't lose so much power at high revs. That alone makes the car feel hopeless to me. Perhaps there is a tune that cures the car if its lackluster high rpm performance, I don't know I'm no tuner, but I would love to see it.

4. kolio

kolio

Cuda for me, beautiful car and has an awesome power band in my opinion. Yeah, it may not handle the best, but it is fun to drive. Key word there would be "fun". If it puts a smile on my face, it wins. :tup:

I vote CUDA!!!

Power Limiter might help a bit as for the tuning.

As for the driving, have you tried shifting a littpe bit earlier?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  5. Andefir

Andefir

Just tested both cars on the Goodwood Festival of Speed. I decided to do it the way @SuzukaStar does it. Buy the car and put CS tires on to make the results a bit more realistic. I left all aids off except ABS which i set to 1.

[​IMG]

Despite the Cude being almost 100 kilos lighter and having 9 more HP, it was still slower than the charger by half a second. The Cuda seems to accelerate slower as you gain more rpm, which can be avoided by switching to a higher gear before you hit 6000 rpm, then it accelerates faster again. The Charger in my opinion seems to handle better and is slightly more predictable while the Cuda's breaks seem to be slightly more responsive and it's a bit faster off the line.

I pick the Charger as in my opinion, it looks better, is slightly faster around the track and handles better.

Renan_ and SuzukaStar like this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

Try it without ABS as those cars don't have. Makes driving them even better.

TwinTurbo LM, Rotorist and Ryk like this.
  7. ThrasherDBS

ThrasherDBS

I love the old Mopar cars. Raw power is what always sticks out in my mind when it comes to these. That said, while the 'Cuda has a higher PP rating, the Charger seems to be the better car of the two.

Mountain Trial (Matterhorn Rotenboden):
    Charger - 1:52.906
    'Cuda - 1:58.396

City Trial (SSR5)
    Charger - 1:42.113
    'Cuda - 1:43.559

I found the Charger a little harder to turn than the 'Cuda, but I feel the Charger is a better performer when it counts. Despite the 'Cuda having more power than the Charger, I feel that the Charger's gearing is better, and thus, the power arrives when it needs to. I feel this is especially the case on the Mountain Trial, as the 'Cuda felt quite sluggish on the uphill, and probably the reason why its best lap was a little over 5 seconds slower than the Charger's.

Both cars have a countenance that demands respect. However the Charger feels more like the Captain, whereas the 'Cuda is just the right hand man.

Charger wins for sure, but I love them both anyway.

8. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

These are two of my favorite cars but I like the Charger better. It is both faster than the Duda in stock form and fully upgraded (it's so good fully upgraded that at 588 pp it can win against cars at 620 pp).

Eyes Fried Open and SuzukaStar like this.
  9. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Believe it or not, these two were actually easy for me to drive. Even though they are old and heavy, they still managed to get some pretty decent times around the track. I tried both on a track so that either one would not max out on top speed. So here we go.....

3 laps on Silverstone Stowe Circuit, sports hard tires, no oil change.

Charger: 0:58.501
    Cuda: 0:59.520

The Charger is just over a second faster than the Cuda. To make it fair I tested both these cars in manual due to the power loss of the Cuda at high rpms. Which would I prefer? That's a tough question for me because I like both of these cars a ton, but detail wise I would pick the Charger. Performance? Very close on this but I would like the Charger again because even though it looks like a boat, it feels more comforting to drive. So, in conclusion,

I pick the Charger.

How about you guys?

Charger: 8
    Cuda: 2

And we have a winner......

[​IMG]
    The '70 Charger 440 R/T!!!

Don't feel bad Cuda, there are people out there who like you. Anyways, another well picked duel done, check back tomorrow for the next duel of the week.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  10. Nexus

Nexus

458 Italia vs SLS AMG?

LiteMix likes this.
  11. LiteMix

LiteMix

CTS-V vs M3?

12. ALeftRighter

ALeftRighter

Pikes Peak Quattro vs Nuvolari Quattro?

13. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

120i vs 120d?

14. Boxer16Turbo

Boxer16Turbo

Lotus Europa Special vs Alpine A110

lTwiSparkle and ImmalovemaGTR like this.
  15. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Gonna make this as brief as possible since I'm working right now. Anyways this week's duel of the week is.....

[​IMG]
    The 1994 McLaren F1

vs

[​IMG]
    The 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
    (Thanks to @ToyGTone for the suggestion)

I noticed that a bunch of you wanted this rivalry. I am going to stick with my decision on who will win, but I'll have to test these to tell.

16. ALeftRighter

ALeftRighter

Pfff, No contest, Mclaren F1

sk8er913 and Rotorist like this.
  17. The87Dodge

The87Dodge (Banned)

You think? I think the Veyron will get more votes.

18. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Soo... the Veyron has massive power and... and...

The F1 looks great, has more than enough power and handels very well.

I remember testing both on GT5 on the Top Gear Test track. I think both lapped about the same times, but the F1 was actually fun to drive while the Veyron did not understeer, no, it defined understeer.

So the F1 definitely wins for me.

sk8er913 likes this.
  19. Nexus

Nexus

The F1 can be quite a handful to drive, but it's rewarding when you get the hang of it. The Veyron (unsurprisingly) has a lot of understeer and isn't very fun to drive, but it is a lot easier to drive. I've only ever driven it in that license test on Ascari though, so it would be unfair for me to compare the two.

Rotorist and SuzukaStar like this.
  20. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

F1 for me :)

Rotorist likes this.
  21. ALeftRighter

ALeftRighter

It won Le Mans, that was the deciding factor for me.

sk8er913, Rotorist and RCKakashi14 like this.
  22. RCKakashi14

RCKakashi14

McLaren F1 wins for me.

Sure, the Veyron is a concrete proof how man has the capability of producing a techinical marvel, but it has yet to prove its competition pedigree; and sadly it is turning into a car for the affluent who have A) Midlife crisis and B) the intention of flaunting their wealth. Plus, its handling is a big turn-off for those who truly want to drive.

The F1, on the other hand, has proven more than enough not just its top speed but also its victory in races. The way the engineers built the chassis is clearly the evidence that they use the data gathered from their racing experiences and put them in that car. It's also a technical marvel, but it bore a lot more fruit than the Veyron. Plus, its lightweight frame and the absence of driving aids make the McLaren an enthusiast's dream that only few can ever afford.

23. 05XR8

05XR8

I bought those two plus the Huayra over the weekend. F1 all the way. The driving position, the NA engine, stick shift, the revs building in the tachometer, the soundtrack is good and the size of the car is perfect. I dig the simplicity of its shape. And those double round headlights are classic.

24. Lubeify100

Lubeify100

Gonna have to test on La Sarthe as Tsukuba is too small for these beasts

Rotorist likes this.
  25. 05XR8

05XR8

Fuji is good too. Which car has the best grip out of those corners? Best brakes at turn 1? How fast can each car take the 130R?

Lubeify100 and Rotorist like this.
  26. Ryk

Ryk

McLaren F1 - ABS=0 as standard. 3 seats, handles like a dream. Fast with added Lightness.

Veyron - Bloated. Only a two seater, has understeer The biggest thing to hit France with such crippling understeer since the Amoco Cadiz way back in the 70's.

sk8er913, Rotorist and ImmalovemaGTR like this.
  27. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

130R is curve on Suzuka not Fuji...

sk8er913 and ImmalovemaGTR like this.
  28. 05XR8

05XR8

Ive heard the curve at Fuji called 130R by Tsuchiya in my Best Motoring DVDs.

Rotorist and ImmalovemaGTR like this.
  29. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Because its Radius is 130 metres I guess :)

30. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I tested both at Suzuka Circuit (pre-update) about a year ago, both on Sport Hard tires and ABS-1. All other aids off, manual transmission, DS3, grip set to Low.

Maximum speed on the straightaway (in mph):

180 - Veyron
    174 - F1

The F1 would be faster if I had a wheel, for sure. It requires a very delicate, deliberate touch and doesn't like sudden movements. It's much more rewarding to drive while the Veyron is relaxed, comfortable, and chock full of understeer. The Veyron feels like a bigger, heavier, more powerful Nissan GT-R, while the F1 feels like nothing else. I vote F1.