GT6 Endurance Races

• Thread starter shuunix
  • 96 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Hey GT planet. Could anybody provide some information on what is happening with Endurance races in GT6? I heard that they might be removed or replaced with 24 minutes races in Super License Races *We have seen screenshots of it allready*. In my opinion endurance races is very important part of GT. Atleast you should be able to choose like 2-4-6-8-10-12-24 Hrs or something, because if there is only what we seen on screenshots of Career mode then I am very disappointed, 24 minutes races is like 3-4 laps on nurburgring and thats it.

I know that there will be patches and etc. Anyway if somebody know or heard something please make a comment.

Thank you

The 24-minute races are in the S-class challenges, it is not confirmed if these are the end-game races or not. These could be the endurance races or not.

The 24-minute races are in the S-class challenges, it is not confirmed if these are the end-game races or not. These could be the endurance races or not.

Yes I'm fully aware that screenshots were from S-challenges, but I'm really hoping that it is not the end game like you say.

I'm still hoping that the Endurance must be unlocked after a specific level, or after you have completed the mini-endurance...

Aye me too.

I'm a huge GT4 fan. I never played any other series of the game, but I really feel that those endurance races like 300 KM, 200 miles, 4hrs, 12hrs and of course 24hrs it makes the GT unique especially with AI driver like in GT4. I'm not going to talk about how the AI drives and so on, I'm just really hoping they didn't remove those races, because without them I'm feeling like I can go and play anygame I want. I still love GT the way its done, but it is my opinion.

Thanks for making a thread, no more crying in the other ones...

Anyway, this doesn't affect me, offline is boring, it's just a big grind for cars that I'm gonna use online with my friends.

I would like to see a few that are longer than 24 minutes but anything over 4 hours is just to much, even 2 hours is a long time.

I know some people think how can you have an endurance race that does not last for hours and hours but even the 24 hours ones in game are nothing like the real thing. The real endurance part is can the car last that long without having a failure and failures do not happen in game so that is out of the equation. It is also about the driver being able to drive for 4 straight hours or however long a shift is without getting out of the car. In game if you need to take a leak you can just pause it and come back or if you want a snack or just take a break, a nap or whatever, none of which is possible in an actual endurance race.

So what we actually end up with is a long boring race where we lap the AI over and over and over again for hour after hour.

I remember on GT4 I ran the 24hr Lemans race with a used car, worn out engine, dirty oil, no upgrades 200 A-Spec points and at the end I was 35 laps ahead of the 2nd place car.

I think they are locked like in GT5...
They are there but you probably have to win everything before to unlock them. PD aint stupid like CM.
Who removes the option to choose ur favorite driver and do full season championship WTF!!!
Thats the main thing a F1 game should have!!!!

Licences are licences, and races are races....

They are there since GT1, and these races were becoming popuilar, so why would they remove something wich makes GT games uniqe???

The tires in GT6 better last 3-4 stints, like they do IRL at LeMans. 12-16 cars on track for a 24 hour race is really lame compared to the 50+ at LeMans and 100+ at The Ring.

The Enduros need a major overhauling, that's for sure. 9 hours of Tsukuba is enough to drive you insane!!!

And then there is the lack of proper classes. I'd much rather race in a GT car at The Ring than an LMP or an RBX1.

The tires in GT6 better last 3-4 stints, like they do IRL at LeMans. 12-16 cars on track for a 24 hour race is really lame compared to the 50+ at LeMans and 100+ at The Ring.

The Enduros need a major overhauling, that's for sure. 9 hours of Tsukuba is enough to drive you insane!!!

And then there is the lack of proper classes. I'd much rather race in a GT car at The Ring than an LMP or an RBX1.

Now there's a question.

How does the tire wear model work after the collaboration with Yokohama?

People are just blowing this out of proportion. Lets wait until after it is actually released and people actually get far into the game and are sure they unlocked everything.

I think they are locked like in GT5...
They are there but you probably have to win everything before to unlock them. PD aint stupid like CM.
Who removes the option to choose ur favorite driver and do full season championship WTF!!!
Thats the main thing a F1 game should have!!!!

Licences are licences, and races are races....

They are there since GT1, and these races were becoming popuilar, so why would they remove something wich makes GT games uniqe???

Yes thats what I mean, but I don't know the rumors people is making just makes on really suspicious I don't want to spend money on something I don't like.

I wait until the release day/couple of days later to see what is really going on and then if everything is fine Ill buy it.

I really don't want to play GT if there is no endurance races.

People are just blowing this out of proportion. Lets wait until after it is actually released and people actually get far into the game and are sure they unlocked everything.

Yup I'm also waiting for the final release and see what is going on for real, I was just curious of all those retarded rumors, but hey they might be true.

Same in the previous GT4, GT5 higher events won't unlock until you complete the lower events, the endurance events are the last to unlock. With all the effort PD put into adding 24 hour feature to all the new track(well most) don't see them
eliminating a feature that's been there since GT1.

Yes thats what I mean, but I don't know the rumors people is making just makes on really suspicious I don't want to spend money on something I don't like.

I wait until the release day/couple of days later to see what is really going on and then if everything is fine Ill buy it.

I really don't want to play GT if there is no endurance races.

What are the "rumors" based on? Personal opinion? A blurb from Kaz or anyone else at PD or SONY? Don't take someone's emotional thought or notion as a matter of fact.

Consider this, how many tracks had 24 hour time change in GT5? How many now have it in GT6? It would be foolish of PD to not have long endurance races.

Remember the FGT Champinshio in GT5? Some of those races are incredibly long. But, they were not "endurance" races. They were simply a step closer to a real life race distance. The typical real life race is around 2-3 hours depending on the discipline. These 2 lap races GT is notorious for is insulting! I'm not saying every race in GT needs to be a 50 lap event. But, what is a 2 lapper, should be a 2 lap race, depending on track distance of course. That's just my opinion though.

People have already unlocked the very last races in career mode.
If there are enduros, they won't be part of career.

What are the "rumors" based on? Personal opinion? A blurb from Kaz or anyone else at PD or SONY? Don't take someone's emotional thought or notion as a matter of fact.

Consider this, how many tracks had 24 hour time change in GT5? How many now have it in GT6? It would be foolish of PD to not have long endurance races.

Remember the FGT Champinshio in GT5? Some of those races are incredibly long. But, they were not "endurance" races. They were simply a step closer to a real life race distance. The typical real life race is around 2-3 hours depending on the discipline. These 2 lap races GT is notorious for is insulting! I'm not saying every race in GT needs to be a 50 lap event. But, what is a 2 lapper, should be a 2 lap race, depending on track distance of course. That's just my opinion though.

Yes some of the concerns is from people saying random things, but on the GT offical page they are saying this.
**There are also events that recreate the feeling of endurance races in a much shorter period of time.**

So I'm starting doubting, is it some extra races or do they remove long endurance races completely. Also they mentioning this

**An environmental simulation based on the longitude/latitude position of the track is performed for real life tracks. For example, the Le Mans 24 hour race in the game will actually simulate the rise/setting hours of the sun and night-time constellations in the sky from the event in 2013.**

So I'm thinking that atleast 24hrs is still on track.
After all we just wait and see what happens after game release. Btw I never played other GT than GT4 so I can't tell much. I only watched alot of gameplay of GT5.

Back