GT6 FAQs

Silly question: I'm starting to tune my car and wondering for the drivetrain transmission: decreasing values in gears, does that make the car accelerate faster but with less of a top speed in that gear or is it the other way around?
other way around it is best to set your ratios close and move with final gear. For instance start with final all the way to right. then set top speed to lowest value. then set gear ratios 1st all the way to left last gear all the way to right. Set middle gears equal amount apart. Then move final to the left until you get the top speed you desire.

Silly question: I'm starting to tune my car and wondering for the drivetrain transmission: decreasing values in gears, does that make the car accelerate faster but with less of a top speed in that gear or is it the other way around?
Lower ratio (smaller #) = taller gear = goes faster = accelerates slower
Higher ratio (larger #) = shorter gear = goes slower = accelerates faster

I have posted the same question in a tire bug thread but did not get an answer.

It may sound a little (...very) stupid, but here it is:

We are running races with qualification sessions. In a 15 minute session I lost the car at some point and decided because of limited time left to enter the pits and change tires from RS to RH, just to get a feeling of the car with them, since I hadn't had any chance to practice during the weekend with said compound.
I did not know what would happen, since I was accustomed to GT5 where, if you changed the original stint in-practice, the tire selection would revert to the first choice you made before entering the track, when the actual race started.

To my surprise, the tire graphic on the bottom left quoted RH when the quali-session ended and the race started. However my first 7 laps were more than satisfactory to me, having gained 4 positions and not loosing significant time compared to the "fast pack" in front of me. Then, after the 1st pitstop ... disaster. The car (Base Supra GT500) had a totally different behaviour than the first stint, which I guess the whole thread is about.

However I got really confused. Ah! I forgot to mention that my 1st and 2nd pitstop were problematic, since I did not get to choose type of tires and amount of fuel. Something about me entering the pitlane too fast the other guys informed me after the race.

I know it sounds stupid but what kind of tires was I racing during my first three stints? I know that the answer must be racing hards, but the times and feeling I got from my first race stint were similar to the qualifying session run. I must mention that I am a mediocre driver, but I am somewhat consistent in my laps.

Track: Silverstone 5,8 km, 31 laps, tire wear fast
Car: Toyota Supra Base
Qualif. laps: 1:55:mids average using RS
1st stint laps 1"55:highs average using RH (probably...)
2nd and 3d stint laps 2:02:mids average using the same tires as the first stint since I did not get the selection menu during my pit entrance and full load of fuel.
Control DS3.

In short: If I change my tires in the qualification session, will they remain the same when the race starts? Or will they revert to original choice?
Again I know what I saw with my own eyes, RH, but because of the tire bug, can it be possible for the screen to show that I have RH, while I am actually on my original choice RS?

Last edited:
I own 3 ps3's, 3 40"LCD's and have a huge racing rig. Any news about a 1.05 update with Multi-Screen. I don't play GT6 because of this. I would like to retire GT5 soon

I own 3 ps3's, 3 40"LCD's and have a huge racing rig. Any news about a 1.05 update with Multi-Screen. I don't play GT6 because of this. I would like to retire GT5 soon

No actual news. For what it's worth, here's my worst case guess about triple screen GT6. I'd say it's going to be released prior to them pulling the plug on the GT5 servers.

I was confident enough about this prediction to grab three copies of GT6, but I have yet to buy PS3s numbers 2 and 3. Left over from Forza, I have my three screens, the racing seat, surround sound and kidney-blasting subwoofer all eager to go.

I don't know what the "x" is in 1.0x. Wish I did!

hey guys, is there a way to easily tell what series your car is in, for example im seeing rooms with gt300, gt500 ect, i understand there supergt but is there really any difference to the numbers n such, cheers

hey guys, is there a way to easily tell what series your car is in, for example im seeing rooms with gt300, gt500 ect, i understand there supergt but is there really any difference to the numbers n such, cheers
Not really, you just have to know. But I'll make a list for you:

Super GT500:
Honda ARTA NSX '06
Honda EPSON NSX '08
Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12
Honda KEIHIN HSV-010 '12
Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08
Honda RAYBRIG NSX '06
Honda RAYBRIG HSV-010 '12
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '06
Honda weider HSV-010 '11
Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 '06
Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 '08
Lexus ENEOS SC430 '08
Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08
Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08
Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08
Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model '08
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06
Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08
Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08
Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model '05

Super GT300:
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08
RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
SUBARU BRZ R&D SPORT '12
Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP IMPREZA '08
Subaru IMPREZA GT300 Base Model '08

JGTC (old Super GT):
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '03
Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX '01
Honda ARTA NSX '00
Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX '00
Honda Mobil 1 NSX '01
Honda RAYBRIG NSX '00
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE '00
Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA '01
Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R ’00
Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z '04
Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R '99
Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R '01
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R '01
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03
RE AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 '04
Subaru CUSCO ADVAN IMPREZA '03
Toyota au CERUMO Supra '01
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '97
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '00
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '01
Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT '00
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03
Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA '03
Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra ’05

Think this has been asked/spoke about before. But what has happened to all the MR cars in GT6? GT5, they were all nice to drive, balanced, but now, all handfulls.

:gtpflag:

Is there anyway to race the X2014 base or fan car in career mode at all? I've tried the power restriction and ballast options but they seem to be way over 750pp

Can the soundtrack volume be adjusted in GT6? I seem to have this problem, as the volume is lower than when I played GT5 with the same soundtracks.

I notice you said the Ferrari f1's aren't in the game, but could you please give me a list of all open wheel cars in the game, especially other formula 1 cars? A list like this does not exist On the Internet for some reason.

I notice you said the Ferrari f1's aren't in the game, but could you please give me a list of all open wheel cars in the game, especially other formula 1 cars? A list like this does not exist On the Internet for some reason.
The only open wheel cars in the game are:

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
Light Car Company Rocket '07

Can the soundtrack volume be adjusted in GT6? I seem to have this problem, as the volume is lower than when I played GT5 with the same soundtracks.
From race pause menu go to settings, you can adjust music volume. Put music volume higher and sound effects lower.

The only open wheel cars in the game are:

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
Light Car Company Rocket '07
Jay Leno's Tank Car. :D

Hey everybody, I have 2 questions and they are a bit stupid but I have doubts.

1. Does GT6 include content from 5s DLCs for free?

2. How long approximately does it take to complete career mode at the moment? Including special events.

Hey everybody, I have 2 questions and they are a bit stupid but I have doubts.

1. Does GT6 include content from 5s DLCs for free?

2. How long approximately does it take to complete career mode at the moment? Including special events.

1. Yes
2. 30-60 hours

What does the number by the credits mean?
image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back