GT6 FAQs

I hate doing pre-orders online as well. Sometimes I had to wait few extra days after release to play a game. These days I just go to the store to pre order from there or wait for release and do a pick up. Past few bought games like GTA5 and FM5 I just bought straight from PSN and Xbox Store. Waited few hours to download and play. No hustle, no need to waist fuel money.

I hate doing pre-orders online as well. Sometimes I had to wait few extra days after release to play a game. These days I just go to the store to pre order from there or wait for release and do a pick up. Past few bought games like GTA5 and FM5 I just bought straight from PSN and Xbox Store. Waited few hours to download and play. No hustle, no need to waist fuel money.
I hear ya; it's called live and learn ;)

I preordered the standard game from Amazon, where I was supposed to receive 1 million credits and 5 of the Anniversary Edition cars, yet I've received neither so far? I've read that the Gamestop preorder comes with a code. Does anyone know if the Amazon one is supposed to as well?

question:
Can you change your name as the game progresses?

if no, that means needs to be very careful setting it the first time, especially if you want to use it for online league.

thanks

Pre-ordered GT6 from GameStop on Thursday & picked it up Friday morning, yes there is a code for the 25 cars in the Anniversary Edition.

I just need to figure out why my PS3 will not connect to WiFi & then it's onto playing this game. :banghead:

question:
Can you change your name as the game progresses?

if no, that means needs to be very careful setting it the first time, especially if you want to use it for online league.

thanks

Yes, you can change it.

Is there a Credit limit (20.000.000 like it was in GT5) ? Any news about that so far?

Is there a Credit limit (20.000.000 like it was in GT5) ? Any news about that so far?
It has been confirmed in other posts where gamers who got GT6 early were answering questions. Yes the 20 mil credit limit is also in GT6. Sucks, I know.

Playing as we speak, and cant seem to find where you can customize which IN GAME songs you want to be played(I found the BGM, but thats only for my custom tracks on my HDD)..... Im assuming that option isnt available? Is there anywhere I can just Listen?

yes I hate it too but the hame is brand new out of the package and it dosent work at all and now I cant race it

what is stockyard

and using gt27 wheel or whatever this is i cant get up to the menu button upper right corner

where do i input defaults for abs and so on so dont have to set it each time use new car

how to stop replays permanently

Last edited:
I preordered the standard game from Amazon, where I was supposed to receive 1 million credits and 5 of the Anniversary Edition cars, yet I've received neither so far? I've read that the Gamestop preorder comes with a code. Does anyone know if the Amazon one is supposed to as well?
If pre-order from amazon check your email with codes for car packs and credits. I received the email a day before release.

Hello all,

im from Germany so please excuse my english Gramma.

I got a Question about all Cars that i can win in Carrer, Goodwood Festival and the Licences cause i dont wanna spend Credits on Cars that i will win for free. Can anybody held me out ? I was searching on google and found nothing. GT6 feels handled stepmotherly in the Gaming Community. GT5 has very fast a full List of all Cars to win in aspec and bspec in the www, and i found nothing useful about GT6.

Thanks for all your help

Last edited:
Is it possible to switch off the drivers names that appear above the cars in online replays as they look rubbish? Why can't the drivers names be displayed on the screen separately as on GT5 which was much better? Hopefully there will be an option for this soon?

Just so you guys know, this thread isn't actually for asking questions, any question you have you can feel free to post as its own thread in this section. The thread's only for collecting answers.

Got my preordered copy of gt6 (standard edition); can't even load it or install it. I talked to customer service, they
said to exchange it at the Best Buy store (where I preordered). Checked online, it said they had 75 copies in stock.
Went to the store,explained the situation; the salesperson checked and said they had no copies in the store.
"They're probably in the truck on the way." Now I was flipping; I've got ataxi outside waiting and I'm told they don't
have it in the store. This is misleading advertising to me. When gt5 was out I bought it in-store; it works like a charm
in fact I'm playing it right now. I will NEVER preorder anything online again! Anyone else had similar problems? :(
I had problems with a return one time with Best buy for no good reason. i never buy anything from them anymore except sale item BluRays. I will never buy anything expensive again from them.

WILL NOW ANSWER QUESTIONS.

How do you change your driver's suit and helmet? I've put on a different suit and and helmet but when I exit to the menu it resets back to the original white suit and helmet. How do I make it stay on the suit i've selected?

I've got a Thrustmaster F430. The buttons don't do anything when I play GT6. Any suggestions?
Maybe the wheel isn't compatible with GT6.
How do you change your driver's suit and helmet? I've put on a different suit and and helmet but when I exit to the menu it resets back to the original white suit and helmet. How do I make it stay on the suit i've selected?
Is there an "OK" option? Choose it after selecting.

You need to go to the Garage and select 'Racing Gear', and from there you can select what gear you want to wear.
Can engine mods be uninstalled?
Yes, everything can be (un)installed at will, even Carbon Hoods.

OK so here it starts, if you don't like the game don't buy it. Pretty simple.

So what about people that buy a game expecting it to be good they end up not liking it and vent, you act like people know things suck before they purchase. I mean that's awesome if you do, because I might possibly know when to buy a lotto ticket and actually win! Anyways people aren't going to know and when they learn it isn't as good as they hoped or were hyped toward, they should be allowed to vent. Even though it may harm your dogma.

Back