GT6 FAQs

Hi,

I know that there was in the past a suspension bug, that made your car faster, when you put your camber to 0/0. Is there any other setup bug or any other trick right now, that makes the car faster?

I know raising the front and lowering the rest raises top speed.

Question about Bluetooth Headset usage.

Mine works fine, but I have a friend who's having problems. Maybe you have an idea why.

He has successfully paired the headset in the Accessories settings. It shows up there as "connected" with the little blue dot alongside.

However, when he goes into GT6, and into a lobby I have created, the headset doesn't work. I can't hear him through my headset, the little animated balloon icon doesn't wake up when he talks. He hears my voice through his speakers. (all of this time we are talking on the phone)

I'm no PS3 expert user, so my advice to him may be the problem!

I'd REALLY appreciate some ideas on this. Thanks in advance!

I think you also need to go to the "Audio device settings" and change the "input device" and "output device" to that bluetooth headset. See video below. I just bought a headset too and it works for me.

Hi if I don't win all the races but complete them will it still unlock S-Class do you know?
Reason I ask is I cannot and will not ever be able to win the rain races or the karting or Nascar, Thanks for your reply.

Thank you now back to those dreaded rain races to try and finish above last. It
won't happen lol I know I will be last. I have completed the Karting and nascar alas in last place but it's complete.
Thanks again for your time.

Yes get in just done the first wet race and finished next to last. My little Honda is great in the rain with the Traction Control quite high. On to the next race.

Yes done the nascar got 12 in the first race, 16 at willow springs a sad 5mins 4 secs behind the winner, 15 at high speed ring, a whopping 4th at twin ring and last at Indianapolis the buggers knocked me off big style.
S-Class here we come.

Last edited by a moderator:
@justin credible
(Good username lol)

As GranTurismo916 said, finish the IA licences ! Bronze in each of them will unlock S-class.
You've been doing races so far, Justin... IA license should be (already?) available after you reach a certain number of stars.
Make sure you turn ASM & TCS aids off, these slow you down.

Hi again I have completed all the races in all the classes to try unlock the S-Class and it is still locked???
Oh I have just seen Meek say I need minimum of bronze in each race..........................mmmmmmm I think that's me done then there is no way I am capable of getting bronze in wet or karting and certainly not with a nascar the ai just smash you off every race. Ok thanks guys appreciate your assistance. I think I have to accept I have reached my limit.

Mate, it's NOT races, it's LICENSE TESTS that you need to get bronze in!

race =/= licenses
I am confused here when I look at my game status it says IA licence in the licence box first box top left.
As I only play gt6 now and again I can't remember if I did it or if that's what I have to do!
Where in the game have my licences gone to I can't find a list anywhere, driving me nuts.

I am banging my head in the wall here. I have not got a licence option at the bottom right on the IA screen I have got Final Event of International A and it's a race called GT World Championship, I have completed this championship twice now alas first time I finished 12 overall and then 7th overall but I have done every race. I was expecting after doing this final championship to be given the option of a licence but no I only get the option to do the race again.
Do I have to finish in the top 3 of this championship to get my licence option up? or is my game a tad our of sync with everyone elses?
I am beginning to wonder what is going on with this game as I had a brilliant Zonda which tuned and tweaked went like stink and handled like a dream and now it has disappeared from my garage just gone and I would never have sold it as it was my favourite car. Any ideas anyone?
Sorry for asking again and again but I am struggling here. Thanks.

I am banging my head in the wall here. I have not got a licence option at the bottom right on the IA screen I have got Final Event of International A and it's a race called GT World Championship, I have completed this championship twice now alas first time I finished 12 overall and then 7th overall but I have done every race. I was expecting after doing this final championship to be given the option of a licence but no I only get the option to do the race again.
Do I have to finish in the top 3 of this championship to get my licence option up? or is my game a tad our of sync with everyone elses?
I am beginning to wonder what is going on with this game as I had a brilliant Zonda which tuned and tweaked went like stink and handled like a dream and now it has disappeared from my garage just gone and I would never have sold it as it was my favourite car. Any ideas anyone?
Sorry for asking again and again but I am struggling here. Thanks.
You have to get at least bronze.

Ok thanks 916. I am just off to see if I can book a week off work so I may if I try a thousand times get a bronze in this championship lol. Thanks again.

Just tried again first race again smashed off again sliding off even when I brake early. This game has had enough of my life wasted on it. Rage quit Disc skimmed down garden. I feel loads better now.
Thanks for your help over the last few days guys very much appreciate it even though I am useless at the game and should never have re-bought it. I did sell mine for £10 about 3 days after it came out as I hated it.
Note to self. Do Not Buy this game again ever.

Just tried again first race again smashed off again sliding off even when I brake early. This game has had enough of my life wasted on it. Rage quit Disc skimmed down garden. I feel loads better now.
Thanks for your help over the last few days guys very much appreciate it even though I am useless at the game and should never have re-bought it. I did sell mine for £10 about 3 days after it came out as I hated it.
Note to self. Do Not Buy this game again ever.
It's not that hard...

It's not that hard...

To some may be not but I find it extremely difficult. I am not a seasoned gamer as to say I just give the few driving games a bash now and again. My actions were a bit silly maybe but my theory is simply if it is starting to annoy me then should I be playing it? it is only a game after all and do I need to play a game which raises my blood pressure? not at my age lol I have completed gt 1 2 3 4 5 I think my reactions have slowed and my patience level has fallen over the years so may be best I give it a miss and accept defeat, I can do this in all grace knowing I gave it a good shot and came up a bit short. Thanks all the best and take care.

To some may be not but I find it extremely difficult. I am not a seasoned gamer as to say I just give the few driving games a bash now and again. My actions were a bit silly maybe but my theory is simply if it is starting to annoy me then should I be playing it? it is only a game after all and do I need to play a game which raises my blood pressure? not at my age lol I have completed gt 1 2 3 4 5 I think my reactions have slowed and my patience level has fallen over the years so may be best I give it a miss and accept defeat, I can do this in all grace knowing I gave it a good shot and came up a bit short. Thanks all the best and take care.
GT1-4 are way harder than GT6.

GT1-4 are way harder than GT6.

I am now 50 years old and my eyesight is failing. I had a heart attack a year back and since even though the doc's say it is not related my memory and reactions are a lot slower than before, it is annoying and I only realised it was me being slower at things when I tried to show my kids how to do the old Rubiks Cube, I used to be able to fly it with ease now it has gone from the memory and I only did one about 4 months previous to being ill.
GT1-4 did get a bit tricky towards the end of the game. Like I said it is me not the game I know it I don't like admitting to slowing down but you can't fight mother nature, To be totally honest I am and always have been very colour blind with green and red which on some races causes me problems. Colin Mcrae Rally was hilarious as the further you get up the pyramid of races the more browny red the tracks got with the same colour backgrounds and my son laughed a lot when I couldn't make out the track for the dirt and drove off cliffs etc.
Who knows in a while I might pick it back up and try again, right now I am the grumpy old man stubborn as a mule and listening to my brain which says "you don't need the stress". Life goes on it's not a biggy if I do or don't really. I know I did gt 1 2 3 4 5 so I shouldn't grumble.
Cheers guys.

Ok I am struggling with the S-class races so moved off them on to the Goodwood Festival I surprised myself and golded all the races then I got an invite to go back and complete more races I did 2 I think it was and now I am on the race with a car which is the worst hunk of junk I have ever come across it is a Redbull X 2010 I think it is and you have to do under 30secs to gold. I have bashed at it for over an hour and have yet to finish once I turned up the Traction Control now on 10 I turned on ASM, other things are on automatically I have turned up the ABS to 5 and tried again Bronze will do on this one but to no avail it will not stay on the track unless I hold the brake on and the accelerator driving at an average of 60mph, bends forget them the steering is a joke it goes where it wants.
How the heck do I get this thing up the hill? Anyone got any settings which make the car drivable and not like a missile which does not turn corners?

Wait I thought you got rid of the disc?????
And no, there is no "fixing" the Red Bull, it was made to turn like that.

Ok I am struggling with the S-class races so moved off them on to the Goodwood Festival I surprised myself and golded all the races then I got an invite to go back and complete more races I did 2 I think it was and now I am on the race with a car which is the worst hunk of junk I have ever come across it is a Redbull X 2010 I think it is and you have to do under 30secs to gold. I have bashed at it for over an hour and have yet to finish once I turned up the Traction Control now on 10 I turned on ASM, other things are on automatically I have turned up the ABS to 5 and tried again Bronze will do on this one but to no avail it will not stay on the track unless I hold the brake on and the accelerator driving at an average of 60mph, bends forget them the steering is a joke it goes where it wants.
How the heck do I get this thing up the hill? Anyone got any settings which make the car drivable and not like a missile which does not turn corners?
Turn traction control off.

Wait I thought you got rid of the disc?????
And no, there is no "fixing" the Red Bull, it was made to turn like that.

Discs are pretty hardy fellows did you not know? mine was skimmed down the garden in rage quit mode daft I know but hey were all daft now and again. The Red Bull I just can't do so am after tips because I am far from being the best driver out there. I had another 20 mins on it earlier and left the track each time so I think I will sack it for a day or so so I don't end up throwing the disc out of the window then give it another go I am sure one try I will get up that hill and achieve one of the times.

It took about 50 tries, but it works.

I have had more goes than that up to now and failed miserably. I have tried TC off and from 1 -10 and to be honest it doesn't make that much difference, it is the handling at speed which is the problem the split second I turn it changes into a reliant robin on snow and drives off the track, I tried braking early but coasting around corners at 1mph is pointless. I will give it another go later and have a play with the steering option see if that brings me any luck.
I guess it is just sit here doing it until one time it allows me to finish and with in time.

Back