GT6 FAQs

The X2011 can do more than you think it can. Although if you misjudge a turn, you're sure to go off the track.

^^^^^ This:tup:

Its ok to have TC at 1 since it will help with wheelspin off the line. After that it will slow you down a bit and make the Red Bull X2011 understeer some, but not enough to really be a problem. I wouldn't recommend having the TC any higher than 1.

IMO, it just takes time to get used to driving such a fast car, so practice/practice/practice.

@justin credible - Are you trying for Gold or just Bronze?

Respectfully,
GTsail

^^^^^ This:tup:

Its ok to have TC at 1 since it will help with wheelspin off the line. After that it will slow you down a bit and make the Red Bull X2011 understeer some, but not enough to really be a problem. I wouldn't recommend having the TC any higher than 1.

IMO, it just takes time to get used to driving such a fast car, so practice/practice/practice.

@justin credible - Are you trying for Gold or just Bronze?

Respectfully,
GTsail

Bronze was my target anything above would have been a bonus. I am not going to lie I have silver now but I didn't do it my son said let me have a go dad and he spent 30 mins doing it he would have got gold but slowed on the last bend as it goes up the straight and managed .014 out side gold.
I am just giving the redbull challenge a go now got silver in my first attempt on the horrid karts so my driving must be getting better. I know practice is the key just sometimes I think no matter what practice I do I will never get there.
Thanks for the advice GTsail and everyone else it is appreciated.

And now I have just attempted the second level the Red Bull X2014 Junior Championship and I just cannot catch up with the top two cars. 3rd is where I am at in the first race after six attempts.
Time to remove all the aids and drive through my butt as to speak.:indiff:

Last edited by a moderator:
And now I have just attempted the second level the Red Bull X2014 Junior Championship and I just cannot catch up with the top two cars. 3rd is where I am at in the first race after six attempts.

Third's not too bad:tup:

The same thing is true for the Red Bull Junior races. They can be pushed harder than you think.

So, go ahead and get back on the throttle a little bit earlier in the corners than you did for your first six race attempts.

ABS=1, TC=off. My only other suggestion is to be quite aggressive when passing the other Red Bull Junior cars. Take no prisoners! Just drive past them as you get to each one. Sometimes a little exchange of paint is a good thing!:D

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
Third's not too bad:tup:

The same thing is true for the Red Bull Junior races. They can be pushed harder than you think.

So, go ahead and get back on the throttle a little bit earlier in the corners than you did for your first six race attempts.

ABS=1, TC=off. My only other suggestion is to be quite aggressive when passing the other Red Bull Junior cars. Take no prisoners! Just drive past them as you get to each one. Sometimes a little exchange of paint is a good thing!:D

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Thanks GTsail every tip helps. Even more when your memory of the other gt games is fried and it is like starting over the gt series but with gt6 first. :cheers:

Oh lord I have just tried the Red Bull X Challenge the x2014 standard championship.
The first race at Silverstone I got lapped, The second at Trial Mountain I came last the third at Apricot Hill I got lapped twice then gave up. I think I should move on to something else and forget Redbull :lol::lol:

Can someone please tell me where this Senna race thing is please? is it online do I have to download it?

Ok, this has me stumped. my r33 gtr is setup for raceing. but no matter what i do there is way to much understeer to make it enjoyable. Please help me

Ok, this has me stumped. my r33 gtr is setup for raceing. but no matter what i do there is way to much understeer to make it enjoyable. Please help me

If I get understeer I go to brake settings and up the front brakes to 6 and the rears to 4 as 5 and 5 brakes the rear wheels the same as the front and causes understeer 5and 5 is the usual setting the system puts the brakes at.
Or go to diff settings and have a bit of a fiddle with the full lsd set up.

Oh lord I have just tried the Red Bull X Challenge the x2014 standard championship.
The first race at Silverstone I got lapped, The second at Trial Mountain I came last the third at Apricot Hill I got lapped twice then gave up. I think I should move on to something else and forget Redbull :lol::lol:

Can someone please tell me where this Senna race thing is please? is it online do I have to download it?
Aryton Senna events are under Special Events (Where the Goodwood and moon missions are), but be warned, they're harder than the Red Bull races.

Thanks. Ill try that out.
If I get understeer I go to brake settings and up the front brakes to 6 and the rears to 4 as 5 and 5 brakes the rear wheels the same as the front and causes understeer 5and 5 is the usual setting the system puts the brakes at.
Or go to diff settings and have a bit of a fiddle with the full lsd set up.

Aryton Senna events are under Special Events (Where the Goodwood and moon missions are), but be warned, they're harder than the Red Bull races.

Your correct I did a load of updating most which failed or showed errors but I did end up with The Senna Events
I have yet to give it a go but will do soon.

Without knowing how you drive now I don't know if this will help or not but I've been practicing this technique recently & my lap times have tumbled.
When you brake, the momentum of the car pushes the weight down onto the front wheels, which do the steering. Giving it a bit of throttle just before/as you turn in redistributes the weight back towards the middle of the car & lifts the front end back up which seems to allow more turn at higher speeds. The first bend at Suzuka is a good place to experiment.
Maybe a more experienced player may clarify if this is an accurate description. Whatever it is I've been doing, it has worked in a variety of cars.

Serious question.
Senna challenge second race where gold time is 43.140. How is it possible I have had thousands of attempts and can't get within .5 of a second of gold. I have most probably driven this trial more than anyone alive so practice practice is not really a viable answer.
Hand on heart and not meaning to offend anyone but has anyone without cheating done this trial and beaten 43.140?
I have every aid off and played with the steering from -2 to 5 and find it best on 2.
Help as I am very close to chucking this game in the bin or trading it.

Serious question.
Senna challenge second race where gold time is 43.140. How is it possible I have had thousands of attempts and can't get within .5 of a second of gold. I have most probably driven this trial more than anyone alive so practice practice is not really a viable answer.
Hand on heart and not meaning to offend anyone but has anyone without cheating done this trial and beaten 43.140?
I have every aid off and played with the steering from -2 to 5 and find it best on 2.
Help as I am very close to chucking this game in the bin or trading it.
Many people have finished it. There's no trick to it, you just have to know racing technique.

Many people have finished it. There's no trick to it, you just have to know racing technique.

I don't want to sound " I know attitude here" I have spent many years on track days at our local race track in real cars I have competed very well and set some very good times so I know how to drive for real and I know race techniques of straightening out corners braking before bends position of the car in taking a bend in comparison to the next bend to achieve a good lap time etc etc. GT6 is a game and a lot of the real techniques fail on this game. So this is where I am at I try to race as it is real and fail so what is the game technique to winning as this is what I am struggling with?
Cheers :cheers:

Can someone here help me with this? I'm in the National A races, Electric Circuits, the cars listed that you can use has the Karma Ecosport '12 listed. The limit on pp is 400. All the limits to power and adding weight to this car only net you 412 pp. I can't get it down to 400. Is there something I'm missing or is this car just not able to be used?
Seems wrong that they list a car you can't possibly tune to get in.
I have the power limiter on 50%, all the ballast I can add, all the mods are set to stock.

Can someone here help me with this? I'm in the National A races, Electric Circuits, the cars listed that you can use has the Karma Ecosport '12 listed. The limit on pp is 400. All the limits to power and adding weight to this car only net you 412 pp. I can't get it down to 400. Is there something I'm missing or is this car just not able to be used?
Seems wrong that they list a car you can't possibly tune to get in.
I have the power limiter on 50%, all the ballast I can add, all the mods are set to stock.
That list lists all the electric cars but not all of those cars you can use for those events

Is it possible to download a new update to a thumb drive and upload it to the ps3 that way? I'm without internet at the moment.

I have completed 7 of the S-Class races the ones I have yet to do is 24 minutes of le mans and Spa-Francorchamps 24 minute challemge.
I have attempted the spa one now 80 times with a 1112bhp zonda-r got no where 50 secs behind the leader and didn't leave the track once I tried GT-R NISMO GT3 15th anniv 13 tuned to 914 and got even worse couldn't get above 8th no matter what I did. Tried R18TDI 15th anniv tuned to 796bhp and got 4th. Tried a tuned Enzo useless with that to................ so what car did you use for this?? I am off to try a couple of cars I had from gtvision the Aston and the Nissan see how I fair with those.

I have completed 7 of the S-Class races the ones I have yet to do is 24 minutes of le mans and Spa-Francorchamps 24 minute challemge.
I have attempted the spa one now 80 times with a 1112bhp zonda-r got no where 50 secs behind the leader and didn't leave the track once I tried GT-R NISMO GT3 15th anniv 13 tuned to 914 and got even worse couldn't get above 8th no matter what I did. Tried R18TDI 15th anniv tuned to 796bhp and got 4th. Tried a tuned Enzo useless with that to................ so what car did you use for this?? I am off to try a couple of cars I had from gtvision the Aston and the Nissan see how I fair with those.
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd 05, I found it to be the best car for the Spa-Francorchamps 24-Minute Challenge

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd 05, I found it to be the best car for the Spa-Francorchamps 24-Minute Challenge

£1.9million and worth every penny. Thank you Hall90 I just blitzed that race with a 42 sec lead at the finish line and pitted twice. Now off to try the same car at the last race le mans at le sarth track. Thanks again :cheers:

Yes I finished the last race on S-Class which is a miracle for me, I then moved on to the ones I hadn't finished like Senna last race and Goodwood last race.
Senna last race I just cannot compete the car will not go around the track fast enough I have tried every combination of aids etc and still need to find 5 secs to gold it, scrapped that off as imposssible. So on to the last race at Goodwood the vile redbull monstrosity and after 4 hours off non stop start DQ start again I managed to finish twice in four hours without being DQ with the best time of 36.--- secs no where near gold I thought ok what am I doing wrong here sat back had a think and then it hit me.
The answer is right in front of my eyes. It is called the PS button on the controller, turn the daft thing off and stop wasting my time on a game which is not fun anymore.
I have completed the game in my eyes I did not gold Lunar thing any off them, Last race on Senna and last Race at Goodwood oh and the last championship in the redbull challenge where you get to first place and on the last lap the game turns your car in to a boat and it slides off everywhere and the best you can come is 5th. I have done some of the seasonal ones golded a couple, I can't do drifting as my game never holds my score and gives me zero at the finish line and no I don't hit anything and lose all my points they are there until the split second I cross the line then instantly changes to zero. All these above races for me are impossible apart from lunar thing which is so boring I fall asleep before I get to the end of any challenge so can't be bothered with that garbage, so I have finished the game. And at the end of the day it hasn't been a pleasure really. PD take a good look at GT4 before you release GT7. GT4 was awesome the best of the lot and sorry but GT6 is the worst of the lot and if your future of GT is based on GT6 and trying to go down the make it harder is better route then your going to alienate a lot of fans. And for the thousandth time of asking GIVE ME A DIFFICULTY SLIDER OPTION PLEASE.

Last edited:
I have couple questions:
1. During a race either with AIs or online with friends, on the right side, it shows the car names but not drivers' names. How can I switch it to drivers' names so I can see who is leading.

2. How do you use the side mirror and rear mirror to see the surrounding during race with a wheel DFGT? Is it simple directional button?

3. The interior view of some cars have mirrors but sometimes they are missing either the left, the right. How can we see both mirrors with the interior view?

4. In online time trials, a lot of times, there are so many snakes or ghosts that block your view. These snakes/ghosts are actually your friends' driving lines. I know we can disable them by using the "down" button. Is there a way you CHOOSE just 1 friend's ghost/snake to follow?

I have couple questions:
1. During a race either with AIs or online with friends, on the right side, it shows the car names but not drivers' names. How can I switch it to drivers' names so I can see who is leading.

2. How do you use the side mirror and rear mirror to see the surrounding during race with a wheel DFGT? Is it simple directional button?

3. The interior view of some cars have mirrors but sometimes they are missing either the left, the right. How can we see both mirrors with the interior view?

4. In online time trials, a lot of times, there are so many snakes or ghosts that block your view. These snakes/ghosts are actually your friends' driving lines. I know we can disable them by using the "down" button. Is there a way you CHOOSE just 1 friend's ghost/snake to follow?
I can only answer your 4 question Sorry, I only do the online seasonal Time Trials, and No you can not just have 1 friend's ghost/snake to follow. The only way you can do this is to have 1 friend on your PS3 friend's list. But it would be nice to have too choose which friend's to have.

I have couple questions:

1. Go to the options menu once you pause the race. You will have the option to see Drivers names or car names.
  2. You have to assign a button to Left view and Right view in the options menu where you change the controls
  3. There is no way to do this with just 1 screen.
  4. No

How do you know which car can get body upgrades like front bumper and stuff, I bought a supra and an evo and I couldn't do any body mods

How do you know which car can get body upgrades like front bumper and stuff, I bought a supra and an evo and I couldn't do any body mods
Some cars have body upgrades, some don't, I'm not sure hpw you can figure it out beforehand.

Just a question to ask,Is practice online with our own room fast or offline fast on timetrial? Many people say it's time trial offline. But if the fuel become less & the tires set not to conceive in online mode, it should gain a fast time lap while in offline time trial the fuel is full all the time. Can get an answer? Thks anyway!​

I did the update today and I love the Sierra rally two silvers and bronze on my first attempt.
Now this Toyota from GTV I decided to take a look at it so x on gtv and there the little beauty was so I x on the Toyota and my screen went black and stayed that way I had to switch the ps3 off with the power switch at the back.
I reloaded the game and tried again exactly the same black screen and nothing else.
Anyone else had this problem? Everything else from the update seems to be fine.

Viewing a free run on Nordschleife, it can take my PS3 two seconds to skip to the beginning of the next sector. That's how long it shows a black screen for. Is this ordinary or rather bad performance?

I didn't get free car after national B.. Can anyone explain why? Or do you not get a car after? HELP!! I'm on international A now ..

Last edited:
Back