GT6 gallery by NBDESIGNZ | 16/07/16 - I'm back!

• Thread starter NBDESIGNZ
  • 719 comments
Amazing work onc emore Nicolas. The first one is just perfect, Il like the contrast between the car on the foreground clean and sharp and the backgroung sweetly blurred 👍
Great atmosphere in the second shot ! Angle and sense of speed are awesome in the third 👍
The blue golf in the snow pics and especially the #9 are superb.
Splendid work on sky in the sets with the Lambo, my fav' are the one with the grey one.
And beautifl work on lightning in the Ford pics 👍
Once more, quantity and quality !

I can't stress enough how impressed I am by the sheer amount of quality and variety in here. There's no way I could choose any favourites. You definitely know what you're doing. ;)

In the future I would like to see one thing from you. And that is each update only contains your best shots. 👍 Instead of updates that could cause an overload of media. :boggled:

Last edited:
I dont know how to start..
Maybe ...no...well...hmm..
When i visit your gallery i feel like i visit a future...Your work every time make me want to leave everythink and start making photos..even if they are not good like yours..Man you have some quality art here and i have to say that every photo from you is outstanding...Thank you for so much amazing work..

The R6 Avant set is awesome Nic!!!!! And so is the Ford GT! Goodwood is an under used location imo! It has huge editing potential!!
Aventador #20 - those clouds:drool: Superb!!
BMW M4 #5 - just sings out loud in its simplicity!!!

Great work as always!!:bowdown:

Thank you very much for all your comments guys!

It's been a while since my last update due to tons of work and barely got the time to enter the comps and the tournament.

After a few requests for a tutorial, I finally managed to finish the 1st Part of 2 in which I will explain a few of my editing steps.
I hope it is understandable since my Photoshop is in French and I'm not the best when it comes to explaining things.
Original sized images are attached on this post.
For more details don't hesitate to ask

Start Photoshop and open original photo.
Duplicate the background layer 2 times.

1_1.jpg

Set top layer to layer blend mode "Soft Light" and the one below to "Overlay".
Adjust the opacity of both duplicated layer in order to obtain a nice black while keeping the light tones. In my case it was 80% (Soft light) and 90% (Overlay).

2_1.jpg

On the Overlay, create a layer mask on which I erased the the road surface to keep it darker.

3_1.jpg

Flatten the image.

4_1.jpg

Duplicate the layer and go to the "Adjustments" menu and select "Threshold". Adjust in order to keep the light from the sky and hit OK.
Paint in black all parts of the image which are not from the sky (ex: Car, road, etc). Then go to "Selection" menu and go to "Color Range".
Select the white area and set the level to 200.
When you have your selection, go to your background image, copy and paste the selection.

5_1.jpg

This new layer will be the sun which shines through the trees.
Go to "Filter", "Blur" and "Directional Blur". Select an angle which looks good and a length of 1000-1500.
On this apply a "Gaussian blur" of 10-15. Create a layer mask and with a soft brush and an opacity of 20, erase and soften the light streaks.

6_1.jpg

Colorize this new layer with a soft yellow orange tone. And then flatten the image again.

7_1.jpg

Now, switch over to Lightroom for those who have it.
Adjust a few settings to what you like and export it.

Before Lightroom
8_1.jpg

After Lightroom
9_1.jpg

Back to Photoshop, I added some grain, the texture, the black bars and my signature.

10_1.jpg

That was part 1, a second one will follow soon with some sky replacement and a some other things.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Thank you so much for this tutorial.
I hope one day you can show tutorial about smoke on photo(or maybe this is a fog) I've send you one day private message about it.I think you use this on one of the Blue Lambo gallery.don't remember need to check your gallery but man thanks so much..I know this will be silly but I can easy ask you for all stuff but better is to find your own style of editing I like your style of editing and there is no other member on forum who have same style. Every time I see some photos here on forum I know its you man. Quality editing.
Thank you once again.

First I will pick up my jaw from the floor.
This Aston photos are so clear. Man.amazing work. Every time I visit your gallery I want to go and start making photos.
AMAZING WORK

Wow ok where to start, I'll just start with your last set of photos.
:eek::bowdown:They're absolutely beautiful particularly the 11th Aston Martin picture, awesome work my friend.
The tutorial, it's exactly what we were looking for, it's probably gonna take me forever but I might get it right in the end!
Can't wait to be educated with some more almighty wisdom in part two of the tutorial.
I'll have make do without light room but oh well.

Wow, great tutorial Nic. That soft light layer really makes a difference. I wish there was a "Like all posts on this thread" button since you have way too many amazing photos.

Ughh you are so GOOD! But can i ask, where do you get your textures? You know, from the tutorial? Again, thanks so much for that tutorial, and brilliant set too! I especially love #11!!!

WoW Nicolas - BOW down :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Only 1 image I like less than the rest and now I know why the one is called THE "ONE"
I cannot decide between 1, 10 & 13 so they are all my number ONE !!
Thx for the tut and I really need to learn to use another program (GIMP in my case) rather than Lightroom alone !!

Stunning work !

Thank you very very (x100) much for the tutorial :) can't wait for a 2nd episode ;)

About the set: Aston - pure awesomeness :bowdown::bowdown:; GT-R - I dunno... only #16 and #24 (maybe it's the colour that I don't find appropriate. can't tell really)

Incroyable! Simplement incroyable! :bowdown:

Not only you post some of the best gaming photos I've ever seen, you even give us tutorials now! :bowdown: Your pics are amazing, amazing, and again, amazing! :drool::drool:

Wow... even with the tutorial, ca reste de la magie pour moi!

Merci Nicolas!

I dont have access to Photoshop, and even if i do, i woyld still dont know how to use it.
And even if i knew how, i barely have anytime for it.

I got no skills and i have no time...
Just enough to enjoy your work.

Cest du bon boulot.

Back