GT6 @ Goodwood FoS 2014 - Track Updated with Mercedes sculpture, Aston VGT announced.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 582 comments
Too bad that PoDi made a real time update of goodwood sculpture but is not able to make available the two new VGT at the same time ..
one point made out of three :rolleyes:

Too bad that PoDi made a real time update of goodwood sculpture but is not able to make available the two new VGT at the same time ..

Bear in mind that they have very little time to actually generate the car-model in the game from when the car-company finishes its design. The car-company will probably start instantly with producing a mock-up for presentation purposes (which, in times of 3D-printers, is probably a pretty streamlined process, because these concepts are usually not roadworthy, so it involves just bodywork), but it will not wait until all aspects of the car-model have been transferred to the game to present it to the public, especially when it usually takes PD several months to generate a new model in the game.

It does seem though that the majority of cars released lately for GT6 are VGT- or other concepts, so it would be no surprise, if most of PD's car modelers are working on these cars. Sadly, they are hopelessly neglecting real cars in the meantime. They have released only 7(!) new cars that actually exist since the game was launched (that's about 1 per month). 3 Senna-cars, the BMW M4, the Toyots TS030, the Lexus IS F CCS-R and the Andretti-Hudson. If your main interest is road cars, that's a whopping total of 1 new car in 7 months.

If you ever have read anything. They said those two VGT's were going to be in July.

@snowgt, From what I remember they've only released 6 concept cars:
FT1
Mercedes VGT 1
Mercedes VGT 2
BMW VGT
VW VGT
Mitsubishi VGT

And you cant count the Nissan and Aston yet because real world cars can be added alongside them.

You cant really blame on manufacturers decision and also PD's already have schedule. Its said its on mid-July and thats when we get those.

@snowgt, From what I remember they've only released 6 concept cars:
FT1
Mercedes VGT 1
Mercedes VGT 2
BMW VGT
VW VGT
Mitsubishi VGT

And you cant count the Nissan and Aston yet because real world cars can be added alongside them.
7 Real World cars + 6 Concept cars = 13 all new cars
Also + 2 variants = 15 new cars

Not bad for an unfinished game......

i know about the said release date
i just pointed it that it could have been a complete real update not only the "statue"

speaking about it, how far is the detail of the cars on that virtual statue ?
since when PoDi had those information and were working on it ?
only doing the arch or modeling the two cars too ?

about the VGT my guess is that Podi doesn't do the modeling of the car, maybe they work on it so it fit to GT standards
but i'm sure the virtual model comes from the manufacturer
the same idea can be applied to the VGT,
since when do PoDi knew about it, when did they get the virtual model ?

it think it's more a marketing release to avoid having two vgt released at the same time
but they did at the goodwood show ..

but i can be wrong and we will see both come in the same update
and they will come one month after real presentation because there is a lot of work to do, scanning the real vgt, modeling it, etc, etc
( sounds crazy when you know that the manufacturer have a virtual model, no ? )
or just because they lost the usb stick and found it below the desk one month later :lol:

I think Kaz said on the reddit AMA that the new VGTs were delayed because they were sorting the physics for them.

If I find the post I'll copy it in here.

EDIT: Here it is:

jvQkHVg.png

Last edited:
I thought the Audi Ultra moddels worked like that as well. ( or at least the LMP1)
Would be nice if they also got an working recovery system.

Huh? Isn't the NSX Concept works the exact same principle?
Yes. But they can't copy-paste it, it has to work in the same way the system in the car does. They'll be tuning parameters until it behaves as much like the real thing as they deem acceptable.

There is a long and storied history of trying to get real world vehicle control systems to work in a virtual environment, primarily because of the disparity in information available in either domain, and due to deviations from reality in the physics models.

Latest Posts

Back