GT6 @ Goodwood FoS 2014 - Track Updated with Mercedes sculpture, Aston VGT announced.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 582 comments
I can confirm that the grass and the road looks good, even if this is just 2D pictures pasted on the grown.

But I notice something else and very funny :D
Trees are not in 3D, they are in 2D but they will always face to you like sunflowers! Go to photo mode and move in front of the trees and you'll see that. :lol:

Ingenious :dopey:

Just seen the Nissan GT-R Nismo crash at goodwood and I don't know if it's true but GTAcademy winner Jann was driving one of the two of the GT-Rs, someone said he was in the camouflaged time attack one and boy o boy, I have a new respect for him, he almost broke a record, he was on it, nice job Jann if that was you driving and it's proof that GTAcademy produces some fast drivers. Jann even drove the number 80 GT-R GT3 up the hill and was fast and was going for a time and not showboating. The guy that crashed I don't know what he was doing. Maybe he should have practiced more on the game, I bet Jann did.:bowdown:-Jann

Just seen the Nissan GT-R Nismo crash at goodwood and I don't know if it's true but GTAcademy winner Jann was driving one of the two of the GT-Rs, someone said he was in the camouflaged time attack one and boy o boy, I have a new respect for him, he almost broke a record, he was on it, nice job Jann if that was you driving and it's proof that GTAcademy produces some fast drivers. Jann even drove the number 80 GT-R GT3 up the hill and was fast and was going for a time and not showboating. The guy that crashed I don't know what he was doing. Maybe he should have practiced more on the game, I bet Jann did.:bowdown:-Jann

Jann drove the camo'd Nismo GT-R and won the Super car shootout, yes, as well as the no. 80 GT3 car. He is definitely an up and coming - watch out for him, he'll probably be in F1 in 2016.

And Chris Hoy, Scottish multiple Gold Olympic medalist in Cycling (I think he won 5) drove the normal Nismo GT-R and crashed it which was a shame, he did alright in the run before that one.

Jann drove the camo'd Nismo GT-R and won the Super car shootout, yes, as well as the no. 80 GT3 car. He is definitely an up and coming - watch out for him, he'll probably be in F1 in 2016.

And Chris Hoy, Scottish multiple Gold Olympic medalist in Cycling (I think he won 5) drove the normal Nismo GT-R and crashed it which was a shame, he did alright in the run before that one.
Chris Hoy=epic FAIL, he could not drive, did you see the way he took the first corner, he turned in to early, and the corner where he crashed he didn't even slow for the turn and then turned in really late. I bet Nissan is mad at him and truthfully, he should be fired, who does that? Who wrecks one of if not thee fastest track weapon on the planet on the world's biggest stage of automobiles. Glad he safe and nobody in the crowd got hurt, I bet those hey bales weigh a good five hundred pounds or more a piece.

Chris Hoy=epic FAIL, he could not drive, did you see the way he took the first corner, he turned in to early, and the corner where he crashed he didn't even slow for the turn and then turned in really late. I bet Nissan is mad at him and truthfully, he should be fired, who does that? Who wrecks one of if not thee fastest track weapon on the planet on the world's biggest stage of automobiles. Glad he safe and nobody in the crowd got hurt, I bet those hey bales weigh a good five hundred pounds or more a piece.

It's a accident , they are insured plus Nissan build the cars not like they have no spares hanging around.

It's a accident , they are insured plus Nissan build the cars not like they have no spares hanging around.
But still, it's kinda embarrassing for Nissan in a different kind of way. They just had the wrong driver, I mean he was driving a car that went around the ring in 7:08 but fly off the goodwood track? The actual car that did the lap (granted with a better driver such as Jann) did fine almost makes me want to think he did it on purpose. I mean I highly doubt he did that on purpose but I bet other manufacturers is going to think twice about who they let behind the wheel of a car that is a pretty big deal as the nismo.

Example, imagine if last year Mclaren picked basically a random to drive the P1 up the hill at goodwood and the random flew off the track. That's why Mclaren had a F1 driver do it, I forget his name. Yeah people would say it was just an accident or bad driver but it would still make me think twice about that before and after my purchase. Kinda like leaving a bad taste in one's mouth when the creator is claiming that it taste so good if you know what I mean. Long story short, you can only blame Nissan for putting someone that rides bikes for a living in one of the world's fastest cars on the world stage at goodwood and tell him to go for it and think he is going to make them look good. They should of had Michael Krumm do it. Jann probably was like, rookie, lol.

Maybe you should send your CV into nissan then show them how its done ;)

But still, it's kinda embarrassing for Nissan in a different kind of way. They just had the wrong driver, I mean he was driving a car that went around the ring in 7:08 but fly off the goodwood track? The actual car that did the lap (granted with a better driver such as Jann) did fine almost makes me want to think he did it on purpose. I mean I highly doubt he did that on purpose but I bet other manufacturers is going to think twice about who they let behind the wheel of a car that is a pretty big deal as the nismo.

Example, imagine if last year Mclaren picked basically a random to drive the P1 up the hill at goodwood and the random flew off the track. That's why Mclaren had a F1 driver do it, I forget his name. Yeah people would say it was just an accident or bad driver but it would still make me think twice about that before and after my purchase. Kinda like leaving a bad taste in one's mouth when the creator is claiming that it taste so good if you know what I mean. Long story short, you can only blame Nissan for putting someone that rides bikes for a living in one of the world's fastest cars on the world stage at goodwood and tell him to go for it and think he is going to make them look good. They should of had Michael Krumm do it. Jann probably was like, rookie, lol.

You've surely driven Goodwood on GT6, how many times have you made a small mistake and been massively punished because of the room for error being tiny? You must be kidding if you think potential customers are going to look down on the car because of this.

You've surely driven Goodwood on GT6, how many times have you made a small mistake and been massively punished because of the room for error being tiny? You must be kidding if you think potential customers are going to look down on the car because of this.
Maybe he also think 2 time BTCC Champion John Cleland is an epic fail for doing the same?

Or the hundreds of others that have crashed at that corner over the years. It's VERY tricky in game, I can only imagine how much harder it is in real life, with tiny bumps and the reality of hay bales closing you in.

I sure would show them but at the same time I would know my limits, like the saying goes it's better to be safe than sorry, in this case Mr Hoy all he can say to Nissan is well...sorry.
Oh no I'm not saying that, the GT-R Nismo is going to sell like hotcakes to those few fortunate to afford one, not only to tear the track up but also as a collectable. Guarantee they sell out fast.

Motorsport is dangerous , what about John surtees he won world championships in bike and f1 but I suppose I wasn't on a push bike lol. I know what your saying but honestly that car was valued in scap metal to Nissan it wasn't worth the retail price tag too them only cost of parts, if chris hoy come out of it injured that be worse but got out safe no injury's that's win win for Nissan
image.jpg

99% of the worlds population can drive what's your next point?
Ok, 99% of the world's population is not a former street racer/drag racer
Just to point out that Sir Chris Hoy has actually raced the GT3 Nissan GTR in this years British GT Championship so it was by no means a random choice by Nissan...
That don't make him experienced and a good driver. Anybody can drive a GT3, that don't make them a natural, like Jann, you can tell he is a natural driver, Mr Hoy is a natural bike rider. HaHa:lol:
that raced a 90 eclipse GSX, owns a mk3 GTI vr6, has a cdl class A and driven tractor trailers for a living, has a chauffeur license and driven 15 passenger limos, and the list goes on with many other things that I have done behind the wheel of different sports cars, your point?

:confused: vr6cas, I don't know how your ethic mentality works in Maryland or within your family, but a crash like this isn't going to get the driver behind it fired. If you lived in a society where "face", reputation, and honour are greater than your safety (East Asia or Middle East), it's worth giving up, but that depends on the driver's feelings and perceptions of others. In Western societies, those factors aren't taken very highly.

Racing drivers crash, these things happen, and some great stuff gets lost as a sad result, but you just don't shame people like that who just come off from a risky situation. This is the real world we're living in, not some real racing simulator where we can bash people behind our anonymity for mistakes.

I swear anything you say on GTPlanet gets taking out of context, if you all would actually read some peoples post and at least try to understand what someone is saying instead of trying to dissect then bash people for what they said, maybe GTPlanet or the internet for that matter would be a more better place. Read my previous post, I said thankfully Mr Hoy was ok and nobody in the crowd was hurt. Safety is first and foremost in my book. Cars can be replaced a life can't.

I've got 450 pics from yesterday :crazy:

Where is the the best place to upload pics for free so that I can post a link on here???

Anyone interested in pictures from goodwood I took on Thursday?

Looking forward to seeing your photos. Where are you uploading them to - what's the best free upload site for pics???

I saw it happen live.

The ex-Stig driver raced up the hill in a Focus - the commentators didn't say if it was a 2015 or not - at the same time as a guy on GT6 with the same car.

The real car had an onboard camera so they were shown side-by-side as they both went up the hill.

I won't tell you the result, only that a Focus won.

So as far as the 2015 Focus is concerned, I couldn't tell you - they used an Orange Focus and it could've been the 2013 that we have in game or the 2015 but they never said.

You can't miss the 2015 Focus from the outside - it's got a massive ST written on the outside of it. Saw it yesterday on the hill... :gtpflag:

I've got 450 pics from yesterday :crazy:

Where is the the best place to upload pics for free so that I can post a link on here???

Looking forward to seeing your photos. Where are you uploading them to - what's the best free upload site for pics???

You can't miss the 2015 Focus from the outside - it's got a massive ST written on the outside of it. Saw it yesterday on the hill... :gtpflag:
I use photobucket bro free and fast had an account for around 5 years never a problem..

I will be posting a thread possible with my pics just atm on the ipad so not easy to post all them links on here , will be jumping on the pc in a bit this week has been mad was at a party till 2 am last night :)

I swear anything you say on GTPlanet gets taking out of context, if you all would actually read some peoples post and at least try to understand what someone is saying instead of trying to dissect then bash people for what they said, maybe GTPlanet or the internet for that matter would be a more better place. Read my previous post, I said thankfully Mr Hoy was ok and nobody in the crowd was hurt. Safety is first and foremost in my book. Cars can be replaced a life can't.
Nothing was out of context.
You also said that anyone can drive a GT3 and that he isn't a good driver
That don't make him experienced and a good driver. Anybody can drive a GT3, that don't make them a natural, like Jann, you can tell he is a natural driver, Mr Hoy is a natural bike rider. HaHa:lol:
Also in response to my comment that i disputing you would be a decent driver your claim to being decent was Street racing
So wait, basically your doubting my driving skills, I can drive, I'm nice in real life. In GT too...:)
Ok, 99% of the world's population is not a former street racer/drag racer

And that you could show Chris and Nissan "how its done"
I sure would show them but at the same time I would know my limits, like the saying goes it's better to be safe than sorry, in this case Mr Hoy all he can say to Nissan is well...sorry.

Anyone can crash any car show me a race driver who has never crashed and I will tell you they ain't trying hard enough
Your right I totally agree, it can happen to the best of them, maybe I'm just looking to deep or the politics of what happen, maybe I took it to far and said he should be fired, but they should have let a better driver do it, cough.. Michael Krumm..cough.

Your right I totally agree, it can happen to the best of them, maybe I'm just looking to deep or the politics of what happen, maybe I took it to far and said he should be fired, but they should have let a better driver do it, cough.. Michael Krumm..cough.

It's ok mate but the kettle on , and breath hehe we all get like that was a bit of a over reaction :gtpflag:

Micheal who hahahah

Back