GT6 @ Goodwood FoS 2014 - Track Updated with Mercedes sculpture, Aston VGT announced.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 582 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
Last edited:
I doubt it, the Lotus sculpture was already outdated when GT6 released. It was a Porsche 911 sculpture last year. Lotus one was from 2012.

Maybe because of the obvious reason?

Well, I hope we get some events together with it.

Sorry, I didn't realise the article actually said they were updated it in game. My mistake.

We all know why it wasn't Porsche...

Maybe because of the obvious reason?

Well, I hope we get some events together with it.

Pretty sure they could have modeled the sculpture if they wanted to. You don't need a license for that, it's not like they had one for all the Lotus' on the sculpture.

I'm pretty sure they simply visited the track before the Porsche sculpture went up and didn't see any value in updating it.

I hope they keep the 2012 Lotus one as well because I went to Goodwood for the second time that year myself in person and is nice to see the version in the game (also along with 2013 Le Mans track version which I also attended). Brings a smile on my face every time drive them and reminisce about being there!

Pretty sure they could have modeled the sculpture if they wanted to. You don't need a license for that, it's not like they had one for all the Lotus' on the sculpture.

I'm pretty sure they simply visited the track before the Porsche sculpture went up and didn't see any value in updating it.
Isn't it a different licence when they're not driveable? Porsche doesn't appear in any GT game in any guise, even as a track-side logo. I'd suggest that was significant, and I would wholly expect the silhouetted shells of iconic Lotus cars to be licensed as such. Along with the sculpture itself...

Isn't it a different licence when they're not driveable? Porsche doesn't appear in any GT game in any guise, even as a track-side logo. I'd suggest that was significant, and I would wholly expect the silhouetted shells of iconic Lotus cars to be licensed as such. Along with the sculpture itself...

Yeah I didn't word that very well, I meant that of course the EA stranglehold is on drivable cars, not the visual representation of the cars entirely in videogames. EA couldn't stop them doing the sculpture.

I think there is a Porsche hoarding on Le Mans, isn't there?

Well yeah I didn't word that very well, I meant that of course the EA stranglehold is on drivable cars, not the visual representation of the cars entirely in videogames. EA couldn't stop them doing the sculpture.

I think there is a Porsche hoarding on Le Mans, isn't there?
I'm 100% certain you know better than I on this matter! :)

EDIT: yes, there is a Porsche banner after Arnage (?), but that's apparently there as part of the track licence. As I said, I'm not really au fait with this stuff, relying only on "logic".

Last edited:
It's pretty cool that this is happening. It is the first synchronised event with real-life - How long was there between the BMW M4 being shown in reality and it appearing in GT6?

I hope this collaboration isn't limited to a track update in GT6.
You should know better than to get too hyped!

Isn't it a different licence when they're not driveable? Porsche doesn't appear in any GT game in any guise, even as a track-side logo.
Circuit de La Sarthe 2013 in GT6 has plenty of Porsche insignia. The grandstand facing the pit has the Porsche 'Our Mission' signs and there is a huge sign at the Arnage or Indianapolis corner.

Last edited:
Hmmmm well, that could be a good opportunity to unveil the A45, E63, the ones that were rumored before. :D
I'll frisbee the game if that happens. 300 SLR or nothing!
The game could do with a straight 8, in any guise. :D

In seriousness, what you suggest could make sense. But wasn't it categorically denied by Mercedes Benz / AMG?

Sorry, I didn't realise the article actually said they were updated it in game. My mistake.

Imagine the outcry though. U PUT PORSCHE IN GAME BUT WE CAN'T DRIVE IT! KAZ Y U DO THIS!! GT6 SUUUUCKS!!!

It would be quite reasonable. Teasing us like that just wouldn't be nice.

I'll frisbee the game if that happens. 300 SLR or nothing!
The game could do with a straight 8, in any guise. :D

In seriousness, what you suggest could make sense. But wasn't it categorically denied by Mercedes Benz / AMG?

Well, they could just had denied it at the moment of the release of the game for some weird reason? We'll never know. Anyway, it's been like 6 months already... Time for some street cars DLC. :D

About the 300 SLR

Oh God, yes please. :drool: But that will be a damn complicated sound to replicate eh? (not wanting to start another discussion on sounds... but there aren't much inline-8s around lol)

*And it's nice to see those videos, PD did a good job capturing the Goodwood atmosphere.

This seems like a pretty good update. I've always been facinated by Mercedes in Motorsport and it will be exciting to pass this sculpture.

Well.. Kaz was there 2009 I believe. Uhlenhaut was there that year to. Not sure if he's been again recently. But the 300 SLR's are there quite often. And they sound pretty similar to each other. Coupe vs Roadster. So maybe they have the sound? I wouldn't mind either in the game though.

And they didn't capture the atmosphere that well. Looks so empty. Especially the paddocks.

One of pics from last year: Btw it's early thursday. Hence why it's not busy and cars missing.
1069410_553058438094437_1439952606_n.jpg

Latest Posts

Back