GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
Not that ''impressed'', to be honest. But not disappinted either.
Some of the stardard are better (ruf btr), the picture at night looks nice...and the bentley speed 8 is premium.
I'm ok.

I like that!

Im anxious, so i go to download the digital copy in the first hour and after, few days after, the GT6 Disc.
PD: Take my money and shut up! :bowdown:

Exactly. It seems like the hard core fanboys are raging about things that we already knew about. No livery? Rage... Standard cars aren't premium? Rage... hahahaha
Ahh yeah the GT fans are so ANGRY aren't they. They are so mad that they have to settle for a miserable 1200 cars, all those pitiful tracks, oh and then how dare Sony give GT fans that new physics, (who wants that?), those poor GT fans still settling with that dumb new graphics (tesilation), in a enthusiasts sim who would want historic race car driver drivers like Senna and Andretti, (Certainly not FANBOYS), oh an and that stupid Vision GT, what were they thinking? :dunce:

I vote PD hires YOU to make the perfect game for the world because YOU know what will make EVERYBODY happy!!:bowdown:

Last edited:
They have removed the article from the news section!!

Thought that was the case as well

Exactly. It seems like the hard core fanboys are raging about things that we already knew about. No livery? Rage... Standard cars aren't premium? Rage... hahahaha

Yep I think sometimes certain peeps have overly large expectations

I'm not impressed at all to be frank. It's pretty much GT5 +20% more content and hopefully cleaned online. This looks increasingly more like GT5 Spec III to me.
I'm getting betting it on the release date just because I preordered it at a fairly good price and I'm not sure I will be able to play it by the time its price drops significantly below that.

There were some progression shots showing GT3, 4, 5 & then 6 and it's progressively improved not by a landslide but it's noticeable. If that's the case then every GT has been a spec of GT1. But you are entitled to your opinion

This is kind of a rude post friend. I don't really like being called silly. And, for the record, GT6 has met all of my expectations, and then some. To each their own.

LOL ... Ok I'm sorry I hurt your feelings ( even though it wasn't actually aimed at you or anyone individually ) .. I'll try not to be so " RUDE " from now on ;)

LOL ... Ok I'm sorry I hurt your feelings ( even though it wasn't actually aimed at you or anyone individually ) .. I'll try not to be so " RUDE " from now on ;)

Sarcasm bro. I deleted it because I realized that sarcasm isn't translated. Hahaha

Really don't care what gt6 has or doesn't have :eek: all i care about is the fact that it has the R18 Srt Viper and the FXX all three in which am gonna enjoy to the max and love every minute of driving those three cars. the rest of the game is like...

11UwJ.gif
:lol::nervous:

Ahh yeah the GT fans are so ANGRY aren't they. They are so mad that they have to settle for a miserable 1200 cars, all those pitiful tracks, oh and then how dare Sony give GT fans that new physics, (who wants that?), those poor GT fans still settling with that dumb new graphics (tesilation), in a enthusiasts sim who would want historic race car driver drivers like Senna and Andretti, (Certainly not FANBOYS), oh an and that stupid Vision GT, what were they thinking? :dunce:

I vote PD hires YOU to make the perfect game for the world because YOU know what will make EVERYBODY happy!!:bowdown:
I'm pretty confident that if any poster on here at gtp was in charge of GT6's direction it would kick the arse of the GT6 that is incoming

It's basically GT5 with a new physics engine, some new cars, new tracks, and a different UI. Good in some respects, a little disappointing in others. However, this is not a complaint - I have the game pre-ordered, and am still looking forward to getting my copy next week and playing it.

I'm hoping the entire A-Spec experience gets overhauled from scratch in the next release.

Impressed so far with some aspects, disappointed with others. I already have it pre-ordered, so no turning back now. :D

I will pass judgement on the game after Day 1, when we hear the upcoming announcements, have the games in our hands and see when the update patch comes out.

My impression is that there are some heads at Sony and PD that are currently about to explode with rage, that Jordan is having a nightmare trying to keep a lid on some things and stay 'sweet' with PD and that some middle east store manager is going to be having a few headaches soon...

Right now, GT6 doesn't look overly impressive. However, I'm not worried since these kind of games are things you have to experience for yourself. I don't know why PD didn't throw in a few premium RUFs. We all pretty much know there will be no Porsches in GT6 so why not do the next best thing? Do you guys think premium RUFs would cause licensing issues?

Whether the game is much different compared to GT5 remains to be seen. Regardless, these leaks already put GT5 to shame in so many ways. A purchase seems like a no brainer for me now.

I'm not impressed and somewhat let down.
People have been complaining about PD not releasing news over the past few days but it seems there just isn't anything new to release.
As for the intro movie, and I've never been a person who went WOW over any GT opening movie, is just a few trailers stitched together. Really lackluster.

I'm somewhat impressed, but I'm gonna buy it regardless pretty much, I just want something to do for the next year or two or 10 or eon.

I'm not impressed and somewhat let down.
People have been complaining about PD not releasing news over the past few days but it seems there just isn't anything new to release.
As for the intro movie, and I've never been a person who went WOW over any GT opening movie, is just a few trailers stitched together. Really lackluster.

Unsurprisingly, it's roughly the same old GT so of course there isn't much news to share. This game, more than ever before, is about doing what most of us can only dream about doing in real life. When I imagine taking a Ferrari 288 GTO around the Nordschleife, with the new physics and lightning, I think it is going to be worth every penny. Oh, and there are countless of other equally cool combinations to make.

I keep laughing about how people are saying "GT6 is exactly the same as GT5...except for the new premium cars, new physics, new tracks, new body mods, updated standard cars, etc." What more do you want from a new game???

Everyone can't be satisfied. Unfortunately there will always be complaints. We are only human. With every aspect of the game there will be someone complain about this and that just as others would love this or that. The thing that's hard for game makers is the either cater to the majority or follow their vision. If I was a game maker, I would have to take the criticism and design games for the majority every single time.

Last edited:
After seeing the "leaked" information, I am thoroughly impressed, and happy with my decision to purchase the game. The standard cars look like they got a pretty decent makeover, and I am happy with the condition the 'standards' are in this time around. I mean, come on guys, we are dealing with cars that were designed for the ps2, and cleaned up for the ps3, what more do you want? The tracks look awesome, the menus look more user-friendly, and the new premium models are no doubt, going to be amazing. How about everyone post their thoughts on this thread, in order to keep the "leak" threads Q/A only. It will help us get answers more quickly without the authors having to scroll through "I'm getting a refund", and "I wanted stickers for my car", etc.

It all looks good but what I'm most impressed with is the new physics. I played the demo and it was much better than GT5. More realistic and natural. As for all the gt5.5 bs you could say that about any GT. GT2 being GT1.5, GT3 being GT2 HD, GT4 being GT3.5, should I keep going?

I keep laughing about how people are saying "GT6 is exactly the same as GT5...except for the new premium cars, new physics, new tracks, new body mods, updated standard cars, etc." What more do you want from a new game???
Think back at how much of an improvement GT2 was to GT1, and how GT4 was to GT3.
That doesn't make GT6 look like a huge one to GT5.

In other words, every new GT used to bring huge improvements or additions to its predecessor. Can the same be said for GT6?

Not really impressed.

No livery editor, exactly the same rehashed tuning parts from 15 years ago, no major sound improvements. You cannot credibly cite new cars, tracks and physics improvements as something to shout from the rooftops, as it would be pretty inexplicable if a racing game that has been in development for three years didn't have those.

Think back at how much of an improvement GT2 was to GT1, and how GT4 was to GT3.
That doesn't make GT6 look like a huge one to GT5.

In other words, every new GT used to bring huge improvements or additions to its predecessor. Can the same be said for GT6?
You're just viewing those with rose tinted glasses, I'm afraid. If we were back in time at the GT2 launch with the same internet/expectations we have today I'd be positive that GT2 would have a bunch of people claiming it's GT1.5 and is the same exact game we've been playing with more content. Heck those games didn't have a completely revamped physic's engine so in reality they were less of a change than GT6.

Back