GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
You're just viewing those with rose tinted glasses, I'm afraid. If we were back in time at the GT2 launch with the same internet/expectations we have today I'd be positive that GT2 would have a bunch of people claiming it's GT1.5 and is the same exact game we've been playing with more content. Heck those games didn't have a completely revamped physic's engine so in reality they were less of a change than GT6.
I've been around since the Gran Turismo Forums days and followed every GT release in real time since GT2.
There did were people discussing the game and other ones leaking information those days too.

Not really impressed.

No livery editor, exactly the same rehashed tuning parts from 15 years ago, no major sound improvements. You cannot credibly cite new cars, tracks and physics improvements as something to shout from the rooftops, as it would be pretty inexplicable if a racing game that has been in development for three years didn't have those.

Ya, it's a Gran Turismo racing game with the #6 on the end.. what more would you like from it? It'll still sell 10 million copies because outdoes any other racing games by far.. if you do some research you will find PD has done tremendous amount of progressive work.

Think back at how much of an improvement GT2 was to GT1, and how GT4 was to GT3.
That doesn't make GT6 look like a huge one to GT5.

In other words, every new GT used to bring huge improvements or additions to its predecessor. Can the same be said for GT6?

Hate it or love it, Gran Turismo has moved into the online era. Therefore, I hope the improvements made to the online aspect will be comparable to the improvements we saw between the PS1 games and PS2 games in the series. We don't even know how many offline events there are yet so let's wait and see.

Haha, what I'm gathering is that some people go their copy's shipped early or something? Regardless, it's pretty sweet seeing all these new cars/Premo cars! Love it.

Everyone will always find something to cry about.
If you got a a livery editor:
"Oh, there's only 250 sponsors and 500 graphics to choose from, what about sponsor X?" :(
If you got new tuning parts:
"Oh, there's only 5 stage of turbo kits and not 6." :(
If you had vastly improved physics and sounds:
"Oh, the cornering in this Ferrari 458 doesn't feel or sound quite right, even though I would have no clue what it feels or sounds like because I've never driven one, I've only watched Youtube videos of cars with $3000 exhaust systems" :(

I really don't know what people expect. PD does have this thing called a budget. They can only do so much. They can't please everyone. Sure, I'd like for all of those things to happen. But that doesn't make or break the game for me. I am thoroughly impressed with what PD has done for GT6. My first impressions between GT5 and 6 are about the same as they were between 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. With the prospect of features with DLC, there's even more to look forward to.

Think back at how much of an improvement GT2 was to GT1, and how GT4 was to GT3.
That doesn't make GT6 look like a huge one to GT5.

In other words, every new GT used to bring huge improvements or additions to its predecessor. Can the same be said for GT6?
Well development time plays a major factor.I'm sure if GT was still in the ps2 or ps1 era we would have 2,000 cars, a course maker like Mod nation game, and a livery editor day one.But we want high detail and proper functionality.So we have to wait.

Very interesting. This car has been reworked very well. I see some interesting tid bits here and there and some portions look almost completely remodeled, such as the spoiler and exhaust.

I think the entire car has been remodeled.The tinted windows just make it look like a standard.There are more scoops, and the entire back of it has more shape

Last edited:
They couldn't hold their bladders anymore. :P

Might need a shot if theres still leakage. :yuck:
Any ways... I Wasnt happy about the E63 news but, the cars, I really want ( C9, SLS GT3, LOTUS EUROPAS, LFA NURB [SURPRISED WITH THAT ONE] and the rest of the 100+ new to GT6 CARS) are well done. Im looking forward to collecting racing and plain driving them all.

I was really hoping for more. What have they been doing for so long? We have such a great community spouting of ideas left and right. GT6 is going to make several people look into the "other" game. Now a days you have to make leaps not baby steps.

I was really hoping for more. What have they been doing for so long? We have such a great community spouting of ideas left and right. GT6 is going to make several people look into the "other" game. Now a days you have to make leaps not baby steps.

That other game? The game with 14 tracks and 200 cars on an expensive console with no support for Logitech wheels? Hmm, your logic ... can't find it.

If GT6 can't deliver the bare minimum (Forza 3), it's still a flop in my opinion and it looks like GT6 is just GT5 Spec 3. It's not like we were expecting the perfect GT, we were just asking for stuff that it's already achievable and better on the "other" game.

GT6 looks pathetic against Forza 4, read the Q/As again, still looking at a PS2 title at best.

I'm curious what the CLK DTM car looks like now, it was one of the worst in GT5, love the car but it looked worse than most of the other standards. Would be sweet if it looks as good as the RUF

No livery editor is a big no no. Forza is laughing all the way to the bank!
No, everyone is crying because that's all that Forza 5 has, and they gutted the community features that supported it along with 2/3ds of the content... Forza has nothing to cheer about these days. I'm a gutted Forza fan.

I at least appreciate GT is consistent, if not very innovative. They haven't told us anything untrue beyond what we read into with our own imaginations.

Sorry, I'm ticked Forza 5 was such a bust... No way GT could fall that far.

Back