GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
First, I'll get this out of the way: I've per-ordered GT6 and will be playing the heck out of it for the next year. I'm positive that the $50 I paid for it will provide me with many times the entertainment value.

I'm old enough to not get sucked in to being a rabid fan and fully expected GT6 to be a better GT5. I didn't care about the car count as it has enough cars for me. Biggest things (for me) that was bad in GT5 were a) the clunky UI, b) horribly broken notion of the UCD, c) painfully unimaginative single player campaign (career mode or what ever you call it) d) brain dead AI and e) dumbed down feel/handling with later updates.

So, with GT6 It looks like some of these things are take care of. Good for PD. At the same time, I'm quite disappointed that some obvious things don't seem to be take care of. It is astonishing that PD puts such little emphasis on the game aspect of this (career mode) and completely fail to do even a modicum market research to see what is important for the users.

Someone here said that this is Kaz's hobby project and he just lets us use it for a modest price of $60. He doesn't care about a career mode. He just wants to marvel at the realistic astronomy while driving around. He doesn't really care about what the unwashed masses want. He cares about what it means to him. I guess some of that is his culture.

So be it. I don't feel I should buy something just to reward PD. They make a product that I want to buy at a price I'm willing to pay. I didn't care for paid DLC and didn't buy any for GT5. I'lll do the same for GT6. I don't really care for some hot shot making an appearance in GT6. So, all that effort to put Senna and Andretti in the game is wasted on me. My respect/admiration for them is separate from this game called GT6.

So you don't know?

I was just wondering. Wikipedia and the Pagani home page don't mention any specific changes between 2011 and 2013.

Maybe there's something, but it wouldn't be the first time PD have had nominally identical cars with different PP values. See the standard and premium versions of the XJR-9.
The 2013 has the Track Pack installed. That includes the front splitter and....I think that's it actually.

Well, here's one thing I didn't like learning: the game forces everyone to start with a Honda Fit. WTF happened to letting you choose your first car to buy? Don't start this nonsense again, PD.

Well, here's one thing I didn't like learning: the game forces everyone to start with a Honda Fit. WTF happened to letting you choose your first car to buy? Don't start this nonsense again, PD.
Err, want to show me where this was confirmed?

Err, want to show me where this was confirmed?

Everyone I've seen who has the game so far is using a Honda Fit and members are saying it as well, so I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully, PD can't be this ridiculous.

Not really majorly impressed with anything I've seen so far. However, I'll reserve judgement until I have the game, download the large day one patch, & manage to get online at at least. In the meantime...

Different or Same.jpg

GT6 is just like GT1 To GT2, GT3 to GT4 etc, its building on the foundation that the past version was. Not sure how anyone would think its going to be a completly new game. Its a more polished GT5, plan and simple.

Lets not forget this game will be growing and improving ongoing with updates just as GT5 did

So far I don't see how they're going to make the stated goal of 1200 cars at release. They were at 1196 on their website, which was close enough I suppose, and then they lost all the old NASCARS. They're not even going to be close unless they have 20+ cars included in the Day 0 patch. And that's with the dodgy duplication of Base Models and Huayra and friends.

False advertising at it's finest.

That falseness does not end there either.. they said that we would get all the cars and tracks from GT5 and what a load of nonsense that turned out to be, Top Gear track and 350Z GT4 missing and that is just for starters.. this is taking the mick and I have become quite disillusioned with the series.

Not talking about the Z4. one is from the 2010 Le Mans Series and the other is from the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours. Basically, they are like the Peugeot 908s (except they are both from different years). You asked what were the differences and I answered. Wasn't arguing.

Physically, they should have some differences in aerodynamics once shown in-game.

Le Mans Series 2010:

lms-bmw-muller-werner.jpg

Nurburgring 24 Hour 2011:

7-BMW-Motorsport-BMW-M3GT-24Hours-of-Nurburgring-2011.jpg
Careful, I think the one on the bottom is the M3 GT4, which was offered to customers. That one is basically a beefed up version of the M3 for racing.
The top one is the one we are getting,that won the Nürburgring 24 hours in 2010, while still named GT2. It was later modified a bit and renamed M3 GT.

OT: Most of what I've heard sounds promising,especially the incorporation of licenses into A-spec. Could give them more meaning.
For the rest it's wait and see on a few disappointments, ,but there haven't been any dealbreakers so far for me.

Last edited:
IT started with gt2 for me it was the best racing game ever no doubt. Then came gt3 and gt4 both wonderful games.Then came gt5 and I thoroughly enjoyed it, yes it does have some flaws but to me they are negligible. I know many of you complain about the engine sounds and tire screeches not being accurate but ive never heard how a tvr cerbera speed12 sounds or how a shelby roars
So for me its enough if it sounds atleast close to the real thing and cmon guys the sound of an engine can never be
made as accurate as real.If you really want to hear how an aventador sounds like then just hope that you are lucky enough to find one and just listen to it in real dont complain its not good enough in the game!.im actually fine with what pd have done with gt6 its a truly wonderful game.i know many of you are asking for some sort of better customization options but thats just not gran turismo.gt is all about passion for cars and how close it makes you feel it and for me I love cars even more than I did a few years back thanks to GT.There is no way pd can satisfy us all but im really grateful for what they have done till now.i just hope they maintain the GT tradition and keep making GT games forever.

I'm still curious what this huge day one patch will bring. Will it address any of the present complaints? PD did a lot with patches in GT5. With the continual updates, PD thoroughly improved GT5 far beyond what it was when it first released. If PD can change a game so much with only patches, I can't help but imagine what will happen to GT6 with continual updates.

I'm still curious what this huge day one patch will bring. Will it address any of the present complaints? PD did a lot with patches in GT5. With the continual updates, PD thoroughly improved GT5 far beyond what it was when it first released. If PD can change a game so much with only patches, I can't help but imagine what will happen to GT6 with continual updates.
Possibly sound update, possibly track creator, possibly some visual updates.
No one really knows but I wouldn't expect much from the very first patch of what will likely be many.

Possibly sound update, possibly track creator, possibly some visual updates.
No one really knows but I wouldn't expect much from the very first patch of what will likely be many.
Kaz said it will be a very large patch. If it's 1 GB of nothing I'll be pissed. That's why everyone thinks it will bring the course maker, cars, among other features.

One of my main concerns with GT5 has been sorted with a nice flowing UI in GT6.
My other two major issues with GT5 were an awful career mode and an online mode that felt like an after thought, i'll have to wait until i have the game to pass judgment on them but as long as them issues are improved i can see myself playing GT6 for many many months, it'll be my last game on the PS3 so i'm hoping to say goodbye in style :)

Kaz said it will be a very large patch. If it's 1 GB of nothing I'll be pissed. That's why everyone thinks it will bring the course maker, cars, among other features.
Keep the sound update out and you have nothing to worry about. That should come in alone.

Careful, I think the one on the bottom is the M3 GT4, which was offered to customers. That one is basically a beefed up version of the M3 for racing.
The top one is the one we are getting,that won the Nürburgring 24 hours in 2010, while still named GT2. It was later modified a bit and renamed M3 GT.

GT6In-game.jpg

Pretty sure the M3 GT4 doesn't look like either of those two at the top left, it looks more like this:

BMW-M3-GT4_10.jpg

Both are the GT2 cars, not the GT4 car.

Last edited:
Odd to see people complain about GT5's online. I personally thought GT5's online was the best online setup of all console racing games, and all other games would benefit greatly from a similar online setup.

Odd to see people complain about GT5's online. I personally thought GT5's online was the best online setup of all console racing games, and all other games would benefit greatly from a similar online setup.

Maybe the true dismay for the online lies in the fact that 12-year-olds would enter the the rooms in Veyrons and run into everyone? I don't know, but I thoroughly enjoyed the online play as well. I cruise, I drag race, I do car shows, and I race.

One thing I'm curious about is if GT6 still has the ability to save online replays, that alone made Online good and it surprises me that not many console devs have done this.

Maybe the true dismay for the online lies in the fact that 12-year-olds would enter the the rooms in Veyrons and run into everyone? I don't know, but I thoroughly enjoyed the online play as well. I cruise, I drag race, I do car shows, and I race.

That can happen in any online game having Veyrons, but I never recal seeing that happen. I think what people disliked about GT5's online was that it hardly allowed any form of organization. Still, I liked it a lot.

So far I don't see how they're going to make the stated goal of 1200 cars at release. They were at 1196 on their website, which was close enough I suppose, and then they lost all the old NASCARS. They're not even going to be close unless they have 20+ cars included in the Day 0 patch. And that's with the dodgy duplication of Base Models and Huayra and friends.

False advertising at it's finest.

bert+ernie+gif.gif

* This list is one part of the cars planned for inclusion, and is subject to change.

There are cars in the game that aren't on the list.

Everyone I've seen who has the game so far is using a Honda Fit and members are saying it as well, so I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully, PD can't be this ridiculous.
A previewer had a Alfa Romeo Mito, somebody else had a Clio RS.

Don't forget Adaptive tessalation folks!!!
It works, look at the interior shots taken of the haruya/ the interiors in game in GT5 were VERY simple, they lost almost all detail. Some premium cars only have textures on the dash in a race. not any more!

I'm still anxious for the update, but one detail that does nag at me is the lack of newer model cars...

GT games pre GT 5 tended to have a host of the major newer cars and even future cars (not just concepts)... These get people excited and there has never been a time in GT history where there are so many relevant new cars out there... "Have you seen the new M4? Now that's a great looking car... I wonder how it performs on a track..." Used to be a common thought.

Worse, this goes back 4 years so it's like a void of newer (not just newest) cars... And this is likely what brings more criticism to the standards than they deserve.

I remember GT used to do special demo versions for manufactures selling new cars...
I like how pd has introduced the FRS and the C7 before they came out 0.0

It will unlock online mode and correct small bugs we don't even know...

Back