GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
But we have a video showing every single car in the game. There are actually cars on that list THAT ARE NOT IN THE GAME.

Who's mokafan? Its not every single car in the game.I think the poster had to remove the video to make sure it doesn't have any "spoilers", so we don't know whats all in the game,but the fact of the matter is the list isn't final.Rather cars on the list is or isn't in the game doesn't change the fact that the list isn't final.

Really all theese posts and no answers that matter. Who cares what car is premium or not or if there is photo possibilities or not.
No one answers the simple question, is this game worth spending time on, is it fun, or what?
If its more fun coming on this forum and whining than playing then i better not buy the game...tired of all non driving related questions filling up all threads.

Really all theese posts and no answers that matter. Who cares what car is premium or not or if there is photo possibilities or not.
No one answers the simple question, is this game worth spending time on, is it fun, or what?
If its more fun coming on this forum and whining than playing then i better not buy the game...tired of all non driving related questions filling up all threads.

Maybe wait until next Friday, when everyone finally has the game, if you want to know that. 💡

You're better off waiting until then so reviews and whatnot can be made. Good luck getting an opinion on an unreleased game that only a handful of people own and who are also constantly being barraged with questions about it.

Last edited:

Exactly there's no real idea on how A-Spec pans out past Novice. I've seen screenshots of the moon mission, and a video of an Amateur race at Willow Springs. But what does Amateur mean? When do you unlock the Moon missions, etc. How many races are there really? I've only seen guesses, not screenshots.

Who's mokafan? Its not every single car in the game.I think the poster had to remove the video to make sure it doesn't have any "spoilers", so we don't know whats all in the game,but the fact of the matter is the list isn't final.Rather cars on the list is or isn't in the game doesn't change the fact that the list isn't final.
The video wasn't removed and it's every car available for purchase. There's no reason to believe there are any more cars than what you can buy. There's the rover but you can only use it for the rover mission and that's why it isn't purchasable.
So no, the list is not final as they have cars on it they need to remove for it to be accurate but going by your logic, as long as the warning about the list not being final is there, the list according to you will not be final.

That is the single hardest question to answer. It's subjective. I can tell you it's not fun and it's not worth it but without knowing anything about my previous views of other games, it's of no use to you.

I like how pd has introduced the FRS and the C7 before they came out 0.0
Yes, I do too, but there are SO many more. The gaps in the those 2 cars vs the dozens of others cars... Whats the latest year of cars for Maserati? BMW? Lotus? Ferrari? Audi? etc. Sure, there is one or two obscure ones here and there but with so many models that are popular and found on the road every day, why is there no focus on them, especially considering the licenses are relatively easy to negotiate. It's a rhetorical question 0.0 2.0

Further, the gaps in years between large groups of model year cars can be traced to GT releases... I simply want more current offerings so I feel that I can enjoy the host (or more than a handful) of new cars this generation. 1.0+2.0=3.0

Would you really disagree?

The video wasn't removed and it's every car available for purchase. There's no reason to believe there are any more cars than what you can buy. There's the rover but you can only use it for the rover mission and that's why it isn't purchasable.
So no, the list is not final as they have cars on it they need to remove for it to be accurate but going by your logic, as long as the warning about the list not being final is there, the list according to you will not be final.

I didn't watch the whole video, so I was just assuming there were cars removed because he didn't want to spoil something.I said the list wasn't final because Imari said the list was false advertisement, had nothing to do with rather more cars would be added to the game, I said there are cars in the game thats not on the list because he made it seem like only cars got removed that were on the list.Probably should've made that clearer.

Is it fair to judge this game when we know a day one patch (sign of the times) will be implemented?
We are essentially seeing an unreleased version of a game. Is it okay for us to make final verdicts?
Well I don't believe a day one patch has ever been confirmed but as you stated likely. I think its fine to judge the game as it is currently. Just like it will get judged on day one even though there will be numerous updates before the end of its life. The only way to truly judge the game according to your thought is after the final update...probably well over a year from now;)

So far so good , not seen anything yet to make me think "I better cancel my Pre-Order"

Only slight tinge of disappointment , No Proper V8 Supercars and for a company that Loves Skylines how the hell did they miss out on the chance to Include the 1990 R32 GTR Race Car from the Tooheys 1000 Bathurst Race

I would gladly pay $60 for GT6 if the only cars int he game were the Premiums from GT5 + 10-15 significant cars from each year between 2005-2014.

Lots of good news yesterday but the new nightime video of the Pagani at Bathurt really discourages me. :nervous:
You're not alone. The sound sample for that car is a major disappointment. Sounds like a slightly different pitched Gallardo with a turbo added. Awful really:tdown:

That is the single hardest question to answer. It's subjective. I can tell you it's not fun and it's not worth it but without knowing anything about my previous views of other games, it's of no use to you.

I think the Gran Turismo cars were edited out. I remember seeing the shifter kart, but later it was gone.

Kaz said it will be a very large patch. If it's 1 GB of nothing I'll be pissed. That's why everyone thinks it will bring the course maker, cars, among other features.
If the first GT5 1.01 update was anything to go by, I doubt it.

Basically, GT5 1.01 enabled the online modes, GT TV, new, and the museum. Plus a bunch of bug fixes. It weighed in at just over 100MB I believe.

I think that is pretty much what we are seeing here, as those that have the game already can't get online with it. My guess is the patch will just unlock that and possibly enable things that are directly related to server push based updates, like GT TV etc.

The good stuff maybe many weeks away...

@bodger but that isn't "very large", as Kaz said. Very Large is something like the 2.0 patch.

I Just don't know what to expect from it... I'm hoping at least 5 cars, course maker (not gps logger), unlocking of Online Mode...
I think a livery editor would be too large, UNLESS you can only do the Base Model cars.
Sound updates... possibly. I'm not counting on it.

@bodger but that isn't "very large", as Kaz said. Very Large is something like the 2.0 patch.

I Just don't know what to expect from it... I'm hoping at least 5 cars, course maker (not gps logger), unlocking of Online Mode...
I think a livery editor would be too large, UNLESS you can only do the Base Model cars.
Sound updates... possibly. I'm not counting on it.
Yep, it's tiny, relatively speaking.

Notice in this article they call the GT5 day 1 patch 'large':

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-18-gran-turismo-6-will-have-a-large-day-one-patch

The words from the man himself are "fairly large". And he only really mentions online functionality.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I didn't watch the whole video, so I was just assuming there were cars removed because he didn't want to spoil something.I said the list wasn't final because Imari said the list was false advertisement, had nothing to do with rather more cars would be added to the game, I said there are cars in the game thats not on the list because he made it seem like only cars got removed that were on the list.Probably should've made that clearer.

I never said the list was false advertisement. I said the advertisements where they stated 1200+ cars were false advertisement.

I said I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with the car list on the website, but the car list in game is even smaller. Unless they're adding cars by DLC, then every place where they say 1200 cars, including the box of the game, is false advertising.

But it wouldn't be the first time. I'm still waiting for my matchmaking in GT5.

I never said the list was false advertisement. I said the advertisements where they stated 1200+ cars were false advertisement.

I said I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with the car list on the website, but the car list in game is even smaller. Unless they're adding cars by DLC, then every place where they say 1200 cars, including the box of the game, is false advertising.

But it wouldn't be the first time. I'm still waiting for my matchmaking in GT5.

Ohh okay my bad.Mis-read that. GT5 does have match making.Its not like the average shooting game, but if you host a private room then go to a public room, everyone in that room goes with you if I remember correctly.I think almost every game on ps3 has match-making on the box even if it doesn't have traditional match making

Ohh okay my bad.Mis-read that. GT5 does have match making.Its not like the average shooting game, but if you host a private room then go to a public room, everyone in that room goes with you if I remember correctly.I think almost every game on ps3 has match-making on the box even if it doesn't have traditional match making

That's not match making. Match making is when the computer makes a match for you. There is no match making in GT5. What you're describing is some sort of party system.

There was match making in GT5P, you pushed a button and waiting until the computer found enough people with similar interests to join a race.

Just because every game has it on the box, doesn't make it better. It's still a lie if the game doesn't have it, and I'm as happy to level that accusation at other games as I am at GT5.

I seriously hope GT6 does have match making, because it's a fundamental component of online racing.

Match making doesn't necessarily require the computer to match you.Parties and lobbies are a part of match making.I remember talking about this to somebody else.Pretty much if you join a room with other people (either joined with you or already in the room) prior to a match or race in this case, that's considered match making.You're thinking of a type of match making.I admit they should be more specific though.

Back