GT6 "leak" impressions?

• Thread starter Dwight_C
  • 342 comments
Match making doesn't necessarily require the computer to match you.Parties and lobbies are a part of match making.I remember talking about this to somebody else.Pretty much if you join a room with other people (either joined with you or already in the room) prior to a match or race in this case, that's considered match making.You're thinking of a type of match making.I admit they should be more specific though.

For the game to have match making, it must make matches. This is English 101. GT5 does not make matches. GT5P does.

Read how your GT5 manual describes matchmaking.

...select one of the available online race events and get matched up against other players for heated races. ...blah blah blah...pits players together randomly for heated races.

It then goes on to reference public rooms and custom lounges as completely separate items, and open lobbies are referenced in their own section above Matchmaking. None of these things are match making, and GT5 does not have it DESPITE it being on the box and in the manual.

I'm sorry, by it's own description GT5 does not have match making.

Am I impressed with GT6?Not really,new cars,new tracks,and a new physics engine is not really "new" thats to be expected when you make a new racing game,I don't see it as new I see it as a norm.Something new would be engine swaps,livery editor,more tuning options,and more things to make your car your own.The driving on the moon thing is just a gimmick,how many of you will actually drive on the moon more than 5times?It's just like Forza 5 and their AutoVista,it's something that you use once and then forget about,same goes for the Astronomical Simulation,how many of you will be staring at the sky while you race?It's cool for things like photo mode and it's nice to see but was it really needed?of course not,the time they wasted making these things they could've done something 10x better.

However I am very excited about the gps course maker,thats something new and cool,but on the other hand will they get it right?The track record with games and apps is not that great,GTAV's app is buggy as hell and so is Cod Ghost's app,and the PS4 app isn't the greatest either.I'm just saying they could've used there 3 years more effectively,cut that list of 1,200 cars in half and make the remaining premium i'd be very happy with that,sometimes you just have to step back and look at your competition and learn from them.Now Forza 5 might not be doing that great at the moment but they know how to make a great game for both racers and car enthusiasts.See PD only focuses on racing while Forza gives you racing along with that one on one connection with your car.As of right now yes I do plan on getting GT6,but it's not because I'm excited about the game,it's more about me just needing a new racing game because I'm tired of GT5.

For the game to have match making, it must make matches. This is English 101. GT5 does not make matches. GT5P does.

Read how your GT5 manual describes matchmaking.

It then goes on to reference public rooms and custom lounges as completely separate items, and open lobbies are referenced in their own section above Matchmaking. None of these things are match making, and GT5 does not have it DESPITE it being on the box and in the manual.

I'm sorry, by it's own description GT5 does not have match making.

So going to a room (or "online race event") with random people manually isn't match making but if a computer does this, it is considered match making? I don't see where it states this is an automated thing.The rooms itself is a "match maker"
Edit
Okay now I get it.Yea.GT5 doesn't have this.I never got online in gt5p so I don't know how it was there.I see last sentence put it into context.

So going to a room (or "online race event") with random people manually isn't match making but if a computer does this, it is considered match making? I don't see where it states this is an automated thing.
Just a guess, but I have a feeling you have no clue what matchmaking is, no intense offended. It's painful to watch this discussion, but like a car wreck, hard to look away:lol:

Just a guess, but I have a feeling you have no clue what matchmaking is, no intense offended. It's painful to watch this discussion, but like a car wreck, hard to look away:lol:
I edited it.I know what match making is.I didn't see that it was implied that it was an automated thing.Even in the match making description the last sentence describes the type of match making that is in gt5 that I was talking about previously.Now I see that they were saying it includes automated match making which it doesn't

Well this thread has spiraled out into a shadow of it's original purpose. For all the whining and complaining, I am amused by the dearth of players wondering how the all new suspension simulation, tire simulation and aerodynamics combine together with the physics simulation. 10 pages and impressions are the least spoken about things, going back to topic I am impressed that they were able to refine those standard cars( I wonder what they did, were they redrawn model by model?). The only thing I am wary of is that whole Sony forcing that microtransaction thing into the game some how breaks the in-game economy. That is my fear.

Sorry OT but after watching the dealership video I notice that PD seems to have returned to sensibility and given the race cars(especially LMP's) to realistic hp output. No more stupid powerful LMP races and getting ludicrous lap times. I hope it's actual hp and not one way then goes up by 200+ when you buy it. Will find out definitely on Friday :D.

No, everyone is crying because that's all that Forza 5 has, and they gutted the community features that supported it along with 2/3ds of the content... Forza has nothing to cheer about these days. I'm a gutted Forza fan.

I at least appreciate GT is consistent, if not very innovative. They haven't told us anything untrue beyond what we read into with our own imaginations.

Sorry, I'm ticked Forza 5 was such a bust... No way GT could fall that far.
I am holding out hope for GT6 but unless they improve the sounds, damage, and some type of livery editor I am waiting for GT7. As for Forza 5, I can see you have no idea what you are talking about. Less cars and tracks, yes, gutted or a bust, not by a LONG shot (not just me: http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forza-motorsport/forza-motorsport-5-first-hour-w-458-italia-wheel/). PD couldn't make the next gen cut, T10 gave it a shot and I am happy they did.
I am not slamming GT6, I am sure it will be good for the GT fans, it just doesn't look like it will be my cup of tea, I have a PS3 waiting if PD comes through.

I am holding out hope for GT6 but unless they improve the sounds, damage, and some type of livery editor I am waiting for GT7. As for Forza 5, I can see you have no idea what you are talking about. Less cars and tracks, yes, gutted or a bust, not by a LONG shot (not just me: http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forza-motorsport/forza-motorsport-5-first-hour-w-458-italia-wheel/). PD couldn't make the next gen cut, T10 gave it a shot and I am happy they did.
I am not slamming GT6, I am sure it will be good for the GT fans, it just doesn't look like it will be my cup of tea, I have a PS3 waiting if PD comes through.
Well Fuzzy, let me add that I also have a mess of hardware that no longer works and I've put more than 1000 hours into Forza 4... So I'm excessively bitter. But it will be a lot of dollars in dlc before it has the content of F4. But I do actually know that half the game resides in unannounced xbone functionality that's still a ways out, and that's where the other features will be. So I do know what I'm talking about, but my feelings are certainly feeding my spite.

Well Fuzzy, let me add that I also have a mess of hardware that no longer works and I've put more than 1000 hours into Forza 4... So I'm excessively bitter. But it will be a lot of dollars in dlc before it has the content of F4. But I do actually know that half the game resides in unannounced xbone functionality that's still a ways out, and that's where the other features will be. So I do know what I'm talking about, but my feelings are certainly feeding my spite.
Everyone has their preferences. Take the PC racing sim crowd, they are tickled pink with the release of Assetto Corsa, a
beta release with 12-15 cars, 7 tracks, no AI, no multiplayer, no leader boards, no rivals, no career, no livery editor, etc. etc. and yet it's selling for $40. Yes, they are promissing a complete game but to these virtual racers it's about quality over quantity.
To each their own, quantity doesn't make a game good or bad by itself in my opinion, its the sum of the parts. The FM and GT crowd has come to expect quantity.

I bought Assetto Corsa, and pCARS, as any one game is not enough and each had their strong points.

I thought the premise of Assetto Corsa looked great, but the lack of cars and features for a $40 price tag is pretty ridiculous.

Well this thread has spiraled out into a shadow of it's original purpose. For all the whining and complaining, I am amused by the dearth of players wondering how the all new suspension simulation, tire simulation and aerodynamics combine together with the physics simulation.

I don't know about you, but there's about six people on GTP whose opinion on the physics I would actually value. It seems like a pointless question to ask when I'm not going to respect the opinions of the vast majority of the people who might take the time to reply.

,same goes for the Astronomical Simulation,how many of you will be staring at the sky while you race?It's cool for things like photo mode and it's nice to see but was it really needed?of course not,the time they wasted making these things they could've done something 10x better.

Astronomy simulation is readily available as open source freeware, and has been for years. (ie. http://www.stellarium.org/)
PD would not have spent much time on it, they would have just added pre existing code to their lighting model.

I don't know about you, but there's about six people on GTP whose opinion on the physics I would actually value. It seems like a pointless question to ask when I'm not going to respect the opinions of the vast majority of the people who might take the time to reply.

Most people don't even realize the scope of what goes on with a vehicle when they drive it. As for people's opinions regarding physics, I'm waiting to feel it for myself. The videos of GT6 physics look superior to GT5 physics, but at this point, its just a crap shoot.

You can please some of gtplanet some of the time. Occasionally you can please some of gtplanet all of the time. But you can never please all of gtplanet all of the time.

I'm looking forward to GT6, having seen the leak threads. It looks like a decent evolution from GT5, which is a game I enjoyed immensely. There may be flaws, but I'm hoping the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff. To be honest, if they released GT5 again, but with new tracks and new competitions, I'd be happy. The things that get an awful lot of people really riled up, like sounds and standards, just don't bother me.

Just need to find something to distract my wife and kids with now so I have some time to play...

Match has 2 meaning .... compatible, same level or on par, or a match as in a bout, a battle, a race or whatever the context .. so "match" making as in making a bout or race ( 2 or more in a battle ) or make a 2 or more entity to be compatible or on level/par :confused:

New layout, some more cars and tracks, and minor other changes. Not everything changed for the better. Exactly the 5.5 I was expecting. Not enough for me to pay $60 for a patch that deletes my gamesave data.
If in 12 months there's a real 6, with recent cars and good AI, I will be tempted to get it, especially if the GPS track creator is present. As I'd rather be caught masturbating wearing women's panties than knocking over cones on the moon, I hope by then there's an option to skip the coffee breaks.

After watching the Lunar Rover gameplay/replay video, I still believe it has been nothing but a complete waste of time. Looked like fun - for about a minute.

Overall, my impressions of the game so far is varying and rather underwhelming. I welcome the improvments made to the physics, as well the new cars and tracks; as it has been reported by some members on the forum. But on the other hand, the rest of the game is still - at least to some degree - GT5 with heavy makeup. Nowhere near convincing enough to continue my tradition to get the game on day one. Or to get GT6, at all.

++ :cool:
  • Upgraded RUF models
  • All cars can be purchased from the dealership
  • More (and better) rims to chose from
  • Moon looks like a blast
  • All the new tracks
  • Menu looks a lot better with a lot less loading time
  • All the new cars

+ :)
  • Racing suits and helmets can be purchased
  • Paint chips reusable (right?)
  • Lights during night time looks a lot better
  • Paintable base models
  • Smoke effects look better
  • Reverse gear available by shifting down from 1st
  • Wings can be removed from some cars
0 :indiff:
  • Lots of standards didn't get an upgrade
  • No livery editor

? :confused:
  • Course maker (patch?)
  • KW Suspension rig (patch?)
  • Speed/acceleration test (patch?)
  • Online gameplay?
  • Seasonal events?
  • DeltaWing (will it come back?)
  • How many features are waiting to be added through patches?
  • Shifter karts - will I actually use them?

- 👎
  • Only your own headlights light up the environment
-- :(
  • The game is still several days away

Last edited:
My impressions are, this is GT6:Reboot Edition. Im paying for a Steel Book, 20 15th Anniversary Liveries, 123 cars plus 2 Vision GT MERCEDES-BENZ and New World & Fantasy Tracks. Im going to get my moneys worth by using this as The Real Driving Simulator.

Happy about :
- Cleaner "standard" cars (RS200, CLK Touring, Formula GT, RUF), with real material effects and no more fake textures. and new headlights for some cars.
- WRC 2008 returns
- LFA Nürburgring Edition : a nice surprise
- Improved Lights effects on "standard" cars
- Matterhorn Layouts
- Unexpected premiumized cars as Veyron '09, C9, Lancer Evo TME '00 (even if this they have just removed the decals of the '99 one)
- Removed duplicate cars (Standards replaced by premiumized cars)
- Gallery view with nice studio background (but where are the old backgrounds? Sunset, Noon, Sunrise, Night)

Worried about :
- NASCAR 2010/2011 cars
- Career mode and his rolling starts

Disappointed about :
- Overview of the game, even if I am going to buy this game
- Headlights works only for player??!! And the lights don't work very well (it "flashes".
- The Trailer, too short, a lot of longer sequences we have already seen in the other trailers and ridiculous 80' 3D effects on the "GT6 logo" sequence
- Standard cars that are not improved (M3 CSL)
- Cockpit view of standard still like GT PSP with visible hood, colored mirrors

But I know that the game is gonna be epic following the next 12 months

Well, the PS3 is a great machine, but it can't do everything. GT7 for the PS4 should be able to fix that.

Well, GT5's night racing had issues with visibility but it was at least less in-your-face wrong. The lack of lights from any other cars just totally breaks any immersion in night racing.

GT5 didn't have the full field lit up either, but at least they made an effort to make it so that it would be a rare situation in which you'd actually notice.

Well, GT5's night racing had issues with visibility but it was at least less in-your-face wrong. The lack of lights from any other cars just totally breaks any immersion in night racing.

GT5 didn't have the full field lit up either, but at least they made an effort to make it so that it would be a rare situation in which you'd actually notice.
Hopefully the patch will fix that...:rolleyes:

Am I impressed with GT6?Not really,new cars,new tracks,and a new physics engine is not really "new" thats to be expected when you make a new racing game,I don't see it as new I see it as a norm.Something new would be engine swaps,livery editor,more tuning options,and more things to make your car your own.The driving on the moon thing is just a gimmick,how many of you will actually drive on the moon more than 5times?It's just like Forza 5 and their AutoVista,it's something that you use once and then forget about,same goes for the Astronomical Simulation,how many of you will be staring at the sky while you race?It's cool for things like photo mode and it's nice to see but was it really needed?of course not,the time they wasted making these things they could've done something 10x better...
There will be enough people in the photomode threads who will value the night skies over an engine swap capability in GT6 - like so many things, those points are subjective.

Actually GT6 has far better night racing. Because the players car headlights works much better which is most important for driving. If you pass some other cars it really does not matter. Moreover in many circumstances the player will be on his own. Daytona night video looked better than I thought.

Latest Posts

Back