GT6 Mt Panorama demo at EB Expo, Sydney

• Thread starter Flunkus
  • 323 comments
That's not what "machschnel" said/meant. He said "maybe a deal for exclusivity at the race was struck between Microsoft and V8 Supercars.", not for the Forza 5 game itself, although you're also right, it is possible.

That wouldn't be any different to what us aussies have had to do so far to quench our V8 Supercar thurst in GT5. We can assume the AU V8 Supercar, Monaro and Commodore SS from GT5 will carry over onto GT6, so we can still do controlled races where all players have to use only one of the cars mentioned above. At least we are getting Bathurst, it's a start!

Yes! This is enough for me! But unfortunately these events never existed in GT5 online unless you find some people and do it privately and not online. The only rooms most people join in GT5 are sorts of: "500 PP clean" or "dirty shuffle" or "dirty nascar" but sometimes also some GT500 races (fortunately). I hated that in GT5 and I hope they improved the online from the beginning for GT6 because it really needs a total rebuilt!

Fairly annoyed that neither xbox or playstation have no real advertising here at Bathurst

OiKoBN8.jpg

Hm.

Fairly annoyed that neither xbox or playstation have no real advertising here at Bathurst

So XBox have their own corner and car. :lol:

Nothing from GT probably. I remember watching the V8 Supercars in 2001, and Gran Turismo had their own camera in the Tickford teams' car. There's a fun fact nobody knew about. 👍

It was stated earlier they will have GTA drivers in at least one of the Altimas. Don't know if that will be further expanded upon, though.

V8 Supercars have always had a thing for exclusivity - last year if you wanted a energy drink you could only buy Mother (a local drink), this year it's Red Bull.

machschnel
V8 Supercars have always had a thing for exclusivity - last year if you wanted a energy drink you could only buy Mother (a local drink), this year it's Red Bull.

I guess that the exclusive contracts give them more money, right?

The 2013 Ford Falcon V8 Supercar has been licensed for Project CARS so there isn't an exclusivity license on that car, I doubt there is on the Holden or Merc either.

I guess that the exclusive contracts give them more money, right?

You'd think two contracts equal more than one, but I guess it's not as simple as that.

The 2013 Ford Falcon V8 Supercar has been licensed for Project CARS so there isn't an exclusivity license on that car, I doubt there is on the Holden or Merc either.

The Mercedes might be tricky. It's not actually an "official Mercedes" but an Erebus (the racing team), although I'm sure there are many cars already in Gran Turismo that are under similar arrangements.

Im still curious as to why the FPV cars from GT4 were dropped for GT5. theyre still in GTPSP. Anyway, Playstations presence was known when the V8 Supercar games were out.

Start from 10:20

Edit my first sentence: Plus, I dont know the interview but, I remember Kaz said he would like to include more Australian cars in Gran Turismo. I dont know what that means. Is there something preventing him from including more cars? Were the licenses up for the FPV cars? There really cant be an excuse about distance, the PD team travel the globe for everything. Cars are readily available. Unless hes looking to include some very old cars or one off cars like the Redback Supercar? Can aomeone ring Kaz and ask him this simple question: Will we see more Australian Fords in GT6?

Last edited:
Will we see more Australian Fords in GT6?

"I am a big fan of many Australian cars and of course this is something we're looking to include at some point but I can't give you any specific details right now." - Kaz.

No that isn't real but it's fun predicting his responses to questions these days.

"I am a big fan of many Australian cars and of course this is something we're looking to include at some point but I can't give you any specific details right now." - Kaz.

No that isn't real but it's fun predicting his responses to questions these days.

Yeah, but, I bet that's pretty spot on, my brother. :nervous:

You are probably right. Turn 10 released a video today showing their aussie V8 with Xbox liveries and Sitg's digital cousin in It. :grumpy:

You are probably right. Turn 10 released a video today showing their aussie V8 with Xbox liveries and Sitg's digital cousin in It. :grumpy:

Turn 10 held the official license for V8 Supercars in Forza 4. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine that arrangement might carry over to Forza 5. Hopefully it's not exclusive though.

I wonder if Polyphonys strong ties with Nissan will help to at least get the Altima Supercar. Anyone know how the licensing works? Would you have to hold the V8 Supercar license to hold the rights to the Nissan as well?

I really hope because of the Nissan Altima V8 Supercar, including PD/Nissan's strong relationship, we get the other V8 Supercars just for it and Bathurst.

Turn 10 held the official license for V8 Supercars in Forza 4. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine that arrangement might carry over to Forza 5. Hopefully it's not exclusive though.

I wonder if Polyphonys strong ties with Nissan will help to at least get the Altima Supercar. Anyone know how the licensing works? Would you have to hold the V8 Supercar license to hold the rights to the Nissan as well?

SMS licensing the Ford without a V8SC license would suggest not.

I have a good feeling that we will get the Nissan. Lucas Ordonez also drove it already, so a collaboration with PD is kinda likely. Might be DLC though.

I have a good feeling that we will get the Nissan. Lucas Ordonez also drove it already, so a collaboration with PD is kinda likely. Might be DLC though.

Thing is you could rightly have thought the same about something like the Nissan LMP2 they've been driving for years. Still no sign of it in GT.

It was stated earlier they will have GTA drivers in at least one of the Altimas. Don't know if that will be further expanded upon, though.
I don't recall that? Lucas will drive a Nissan GT-R GT3 in the 2014 Bathurst 12 Hour but I thought there was nothing official for the 2014 Bathurst 1000. It seems pretty likely to me but I didn't think it was anything official yet.

So XBox have their own corner and car. :lol:

Nothing from GT probably. I remember watching the V8 Supercars in 2001, and Gran Turismo had their own camera in the Tickford teams' car. There's a fun fact nobody knew about. 👍

That's paid advertising, they haven't actually set up any form of playable demo's here like E3 or at Goodwood etc,

iRacing still has an official V8 Supercar (albeit an old one) and a V8 Supercars branded series running. Would seem to suggest that whatever T10 has isn't exclusive, or is at least only exclusive to Xbox.

Agreed the fact that bells corner is green they have various f5 signage and in corporate signage. They should of have a xbox tent or that promo car with 360 console setup

I don't recall that? Lucas will drive a Nissan GT-R GT3 in the 2014 Bathurst 12 Hour but I thought there was nothing official for the 2014 Bathurst 1000. It seems pretty likely to me but I didn't think it was anything official yet.
he did a promo day that's all but they will be using the gta gtr at the 12 hour.

http://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...z-impress-in-maiden-nissan-v8-supercars-test/

Jeff Fisher*– General Manager, Motorsport, Nissan Motor Company: “This test is absolutely significant for Nissan. It opens up V8 Supercars and Altima to the world of Nismo’s global motorsports program. It’s very exciting,” said Jeff Fisher.“Michael and Lucas are professional drivers who have a lot of experience around the world in different categories and different circuits.“These guys will go back to Nismo in Japan, report on what they’ve done and they should be in the box seat to come out to Australia for the endurance races next year.”

Back