GT6 Nürburgring Lap time board -- CLOSED - Look for new thread to be started

• Thread starter mike_gt3
  • 590 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick note on the 'production' classification I noticed whilst reading some of the articles on the Venom hitting 270mph...

The Guinness Book of World Records requires a manufacturer to build 30 cars before they consider it a 'production car'.

A quick note on the 'production' classification I noticed whilst reading some of the articles on the Venom hitting 270mph...

The Guinness Book of World Records requires a manufacturer to build 30 cars before they consider it a 'production car'.

As stated by..
Guinness says a "Production car" must have a least made 30 units.

Even though he's talking about the Venom GT, you get the idea.
..on the previous page. 👍

Here are some laps from me, with some comments and comparison to real life.

Production:
8.28.860 - Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) '02 (TSracing) NEW
8.26.252 - Mini Cooper S '11 (TSracing) NEW
8.14.722 - Toyota 86 GT '12 (TSracing) Beaten

MR2 spyder is a blast to drive considering its low PP. :) Well balanced. I used to have one in real life. Its a fun car. But I have to say its actually better in-game in terms of power and handling. One of my favorite low PP cars.

Mini Cooper S (2010) is actually my daily driver IRL. Like pretty much all FWD cars, not super fun to drive in GT6. There is not any lift-off oversteer in GT6, and lifting off the throttle does not make it turn that well either in GT6. Where its fairly well replicated is engine character. This is a car with lots of torque and power in the mid-range. Like in real life, its beneficial to not rev it out 100% before you shift. I ended up shifting at about 6000rpm in GT6 (not sure if that is the sweetspot) , which saved me some time compared to shifting at around 6500rpm.

Toyota GT86. Super fun car in real life. In GT6 (and GT5) its kinda ruined by the sticky sport hard tires when you get it from the dealership. This is one of the cars that just shows how off PD is with their stock tires. It should have come with comfort hard, or comfort medium at best IMO. (So should many other cars IMO).
With sport hard it understeers a bit more than I would like, and you don't have the power to neutralize the understeer with power due to the sticky tires. "Slow in" and fast/aggressive out seems to work for me in GT6, or just aggressive all the time.. So much grip compared to power.

Speaking about the 86. I had a "competition/comparison" with others in GT5 with the GT86 on the Nordschliefe. My times:
Comfort hard: 8.48.895
Comfort medium:8.33.120
Comfort soft: 8.21.884
Sport hard: 8.11.633

(It also included drifting)
NrburgringNordschleife_9.jpg

I was a bit faster in GT5 with the GT86 on sport hard (8.11.633). I could get into 8.13.xxx in GT6 if I put more effort in it, but Id rather drive more fun cars, or drive it with less sticky tires in order to make it more fun.

When using the Renault Megan Trophy '11 do I need to put Sport Hard tires on it? From the dealership it comes with Racing Hard. I just clocked a time that seems too good to be true.

When using the Renault Megan Trophy '11 do I need to put Sport Hard tires on it? From the dealership it comes with Racing Hard. I just clocked a time that seems too good to be true.

For production and non-production/racing category you use the factory tires, those that are installed when you purchase the car :)

Make sure you have set the aids allowed from the 1st post and it should be fine :)

For the FXX, if it can make everyone happy i can add a 2nd version of the car, using racing hard in the non-production/racing category?

For the FXX, if it can make everyone happy i can add a 2nd version of the car, using racing hard in the non-production/racing category?

And a second Zonda R on SH's? ;)

loving using my FGT again since discovering how to make the steering lock and ratio reduced on g25. just wish i had the other F1 cars rather than "pretend balls PD protos" been taking 2.5 secs off my 459 lap in past 2days using new lock

For comparison sake, what do you guys think about listing the (stock/default) tire in the production category? This would not change anything, just add a detail that is useful when comparing laptimes between different cars. Cars that you may not be sure come with say comfort soft, or sport hard by default.

Like in my previous post, I would say MR2 Spyder and Cooper S laptimes are directly comparable due to having the same tires. For me, the GT86 is not directly comparable with those times due to the more sticky tires. When looking through the leaderboard its hard to know for sure what tire certain cars come with. I think it would be useful to easily see the stock/default tire a car was equipped with.

Another suggestion. What do you guys think about splitting the production class into tires used? Basically have different leaderboards based on the tires used. That way all times/cars on a leaderboard are directly comparable in terms of tire grip. If cars were allowed to use different tires (ranging from say comfort hard to sport hard) the lists could become quite interesting to see and people could use the tire they prefer, or think would be closer to real life performance.

For comparison sake, what do you guys think about listing the (stock/default) tire in the production category? This would not change anything, just add a detail that is useful when comparing laptimes between different cars. Cars that you may not be sure come with say comfort soft, or sport hard by default.

Like in my previous post, I would say MR2 Spyder and Cooper S laptimes are directly comparable due to having the same tires. For me, the GT86 is not directly comparable with those times due to the more sticky tires. When looking through the leaderboard its hard to know for sure what tire certain cars come with. I think it would be useful to easily see the stock/default tire a car was equipped with.

Another suggestion. What do you guys think about splitting the production class into tires used? Basically have different leaderboards based on the tires used. That way all times/cars on a leaderboard are directly comparable in terms of tire grip. If cars were allowed to use different tires (ranging from say comfort hard to sport hard) the lists could become quite interesting to see and people could use the tire they prefer, or think would be closer to real life performance.

All good suggestions, but I think the level of work/complexity involved in managing the leaderboards might kill Mike :lol:

Supercar C Class machine:

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12: 7:12 (SH tyres)

Welcome aboard Sparky..it's about time:lol:

Couple of things:

1. You have to follow this exact format to keep things simple for @mike_gt3 when posting a time for a new car to the board:

07:09.246 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 (Johnnypenso) NEW

2. If it's a car that already has a time recorded, follow this exact format:

07:09.246 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 (Johnnypenso) BEATEN

Mike is quite busy so we're usually a few days behind updating the main board. You have to check the main board in the first post and scroll back through a few posts until you see Mike's update post to find out which cars have time but have not been added to the board yet.

Suggestion for @mike_gt3 ...maybe add a quick link to the OP to the post indicating the last time you updated the board?

I can go faster in it, probably fast enough to beat Johnny boy here.

@Johnnypenso thx for the help answering!

I will add your request in the OP thats a good idea :) 👍

Next update will be saturday at worst.

Love the suggestions, but do understand that the workload can't be too huge either...

But as a compromize, how about adding the compound in the submission?

I.e
07:00.000 BMW M3 CSL '03 SH (Denilson) NEW

Open Category:
06:18.405 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (PAKFA) NEW

bcvn.jpg

This car is crazy with over 1k hp, it wants to kill you every 2 seconds on this track. I managed to finish 1 lap with a valid time (the one you see above), out of 40 tries - I'm not kidding. This lap was done following the rules without driving aids.

Then I put the driving aids ON and from the 1st run I got a valid time of 06.:09.175.
I know this is not accepted here, but just for the fun of it, I'd like to see someone beat this time without driving aids. I know I can't. I don't think I'll ever be faster with them OFF as I'm with them ON...

vn9l.jpg

Challenge accepted :) ,if you can learn to drive off the cars reactions and input you will be faster without aids everytime (presuming you dont crash lol) i thought ide got as fast as i can go untill i turned abs off, now i can really drag out my braking increasing the smoothness of coming off brakes being able to brake into turns faster and not scrub too much momentum off the speed allowing greatly increased laptimes and cornering speeds, ile have a go in a min with dodge viper havent tested it in 6 yet but had great fun with it in 5 as it was then one of the few road cars to exceed 1000bhp.

Production:
07:50.148 - Ford Focus RS '02 (mike_gt3) NEW
06:55.350 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13 (mike_gt3) NEW

The Focus is really nice only needed 2 lap :)
The Veyron... it can do better but i dont want to drive it anymore at the moment.. :lol:
have you tried the focus tuned? its insanely quick i have done a 6.30 with all tune except nos ile find exact time to add it to open cat.

Production:

7:06.988 - Pagani Huayra '13 (sparkytooth) NEW (SH/Stock)

Impressions of the machine: For a machine so powerful and terrifying stats wise, it's quite planted and predictable actually. I love it.

Last edited:
Production:
7:24.654 - RUF RGT '00 - (TSracing) BEATEN

I would be around 1,5-2 seconds faster if I could combine my best sector times. Still quite happy with the lap.
Love to drive the more challenging RWD 911s when you get them right, which is not always that easy..
:)

Production:

7:06.988 - Pagani Huayra '13 (sparkytooth) NEW (SH/Stock)

Impressions of the machine: For a machine so powerful and terrifying stats wise, it's quite planted and predictable actually. I love it.

Aaaaand...it's already on the board...:lol:

06:56.824 - Pagani Huayra '13 (Sutuki)

Some new production times:

07:34.834 - Amuse/Opera Performance GRAN TURISMO 350Z RS (Johnnypenso) NEW

07:39.274 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS 03' (Johnnypenso) NEW

07:48.924 - Amuse S2000 R1 '04 (Johnnypenso) NEW

08:09.192 - Scion FR-S '12 (Johnnypenso) NEW

The 350Z was neutral to slightly understeery and incredibly stable, so yeah, pretty boring:irked: Lots of PP but underpowered because of it's excessive grip.

The EVO is also a little understeery and very grippy and suffers from a short gearbox. I think I topped out in three different places and was in 6th gear very often. Maybe the grippiest of all the Evo's it would be great in an HP limited race, not so great in a PP race.

The Amuse S2000 has massive grip and about perfect handling. I think I calculated in GT5 it had the equivalent of about 20/20 downforce and it feels like it. Turn in is sharp, cornering speeds are high, sound is nice but it suffers from a lack of power hence the relatively high lap time. A joy to drive though, goes where you point it, would be a great ride on comforts or with another 100+HP:cool:

The Scion can best be described this way:

bor·ing
ˈbôriNG/
adjective
adjective: boring
. not interesting; tedious.
2. Scion FR-S

So much grip and so little power, you were flat out for most of the lap and even when you weren't there was very little drama. Less grip, more power and it would be a lot of fun.

Other time XD :

Production :

08:01:020 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07 (GiovyLM) NEW

would be great to go online together sometime and give them a thrashing on a test track day, i havent many gt friends so if anyone would like to add me please add nosebluntbob on psn. im more than happy to help others with setups and driving tips and happy to receive them aswell.

please like or comment if this is an interest to you,

Production:

08:56.938 Toyota SPURA 3.0GT Turbo A'88 (BurningClutch) New
puyo.jpg

09.02.003 Nissan 180SX Type X '96 (BurningClutch) New
pxuj.jpg

The Supra: Was awesome handling around corners just alittle to wide a few turns. Time could be ran down a few more seconds or even 10. Not to bad with CS on a ds3(plus half asleep).

The 180sx: Handled amazing around the corners but lacked the high speed. Time could improve a few more seconds when i get time later.

Production:
7:24.654 - RUF RGT '00 - (TSracing) BEATEN

I would be around 1,5-2 seconds faster if I could combine my best sector times. Still quite happy with the lap.
Love to drive the more challenging RWD 911s when you get them right, which is not always that easy..
:)

The RGT and the NSX Type R are my absolute favourite cars on the 'Ring.

I've been re-running the RGT this week as I think I wrote down the wrong time when I 1st ran it (I forgot to save the replay as is my usual habit!) and getting quicker bit by bit.

It's hard to nail a perfect lap as you need to use just the right amount of trail braking and weight transfer when turning in to point the car at the apex... too little and it understeers, too much and it over rotates... particularly tricky in the really fast corners. My technique is to trail brake hard, feel the car start to rotate, then immediately pick up the throttle to balance the weight transfer and take advantage of the amazing traction...When you get it right it's a fabulously rewarding car, and it actually does feels like a real 996, just travelling at much faster speeds than you would in real life with the car moving about a whole lot more.

7:22.536 - RUF RGT '00 - (GTP_Stotty) BEATEN

An decent lap for now, but a couple of mistakes (including slipping wide in Karussell and a couple of lairy slides) plus a few missed apexes... at least another 1-1.5s left I reckon, but I'll leave it at that for now :)

Edit;

Just tried the BTR for the 1st time and I think that will be my next 'project' - much trickier to drive than the RGT :lol:

Last edited:
Couple of weeks without using the G27 and I feel rusty already :boggled:

07:02.106 - Aston Martin One-77 '11 (Sutuki) NEW

Felt like a really 🤬 lap. The car has 785hp but it's really easy to control, the only thing I don't like is the understeer in slower corners. Not a fan of the looks either. The twisty section after the Karussell was a nightmare, missed every single apex :lol:

My first non-embarrassing time, some of these times are impressive! There are still a few seconds to cut off my time but I'm ready to move on to a new vehicle.

Racing/Non-Production Category
07:06.516 - Megane Trophy '11 (frivoloushobby) BEATEN

Attachments

• 2014-02-27_14-09-46_593.jpg
    2014-02-27_14-09-46_593.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back