GT6 Nürburgring Lap time board -- CLOSED - Look for new thread to be started

• Thread starter mike_gt3
  • 590 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of weeks without using the G27 and I feel rusty already :boggled:

07:02.106 - Aston Martin One-77 '11 (Sutuki) NEW

Felt like a really 🤬 lap. The car has 785hp but it's really easy to control, the only thing I don't like is the understeer in slower corners. Not a fan of the looks either. The twisty section after the Karussell was a nightmare, missed every single apex :lol:

I only drove the One-77 in the Goodwood event... my memory of it is it looks like a boat and handles like a boat :lol:

Too much understeer!

Thats a nice lap in the RGT Stotty. I have noticed we have fairly similar favorite cars in Gran Turismo.. Many of the cars I would like to drive are cars you have already driven.

BTR was probably my favorite car in GT5. It had the yellowbird genes, but I found it more driveable/competitive, and it had PP quite similar to RGT, CSL and such cars.... Sure, I was more competitive in RGT, CSL, NSX-R etc... But it was so rewarding to drive the BTR in online races and do well against more well behaved modern cars.. kinda felt like this guy:

I was bit disappointed with the BTR in GT6. Maybe its better now (after some updates), and after I have gotten to know the new physics better, and driven the yellowbird a lot.
Sadly, I have some sort of tendon/muscle injury in my leg/achilles so im not able to drive that much... I already overstepped my limits the last few days with a little bit of hotlapping, so I probably have to be off the game for some time now.. I need to be able to drive in real life too, preferably without pain..

Looking forward to hear your impression on the BTR and see your laptime..

Thats a nice lap in the RGT Stotty. I have noticed we have fairly similar favorite cars in Gran Turismo.. Many of the cars I would like to drive are cars you have already driven.

BTR was probably my favorite car in GT5. It had the yellowbird genes, but I found it more driveable/competitive, and it had PP quite similar to RGT, CSL and such cars.... Sure, I was more competitive in RGT, CSL, NSX-R etc... But it was so rewarding to drive the BTR in online races and do well against more well behaved modern cars.. kinda felt like this guy:

I was bit disappointed with the BTR in GT6. Maybe its better now (after some updates), and after I have gotten to know the new physics better, and driven the yellowbird a lot.
Sadly, I have some sort of tendon/muscle injury in my leg/achilles so im not able to drive that much... I already overstepped my limits the last few days with a little bit of hotlapping, so I probably have to be off the game for some time now.. I need to be able to drive in real life too, preferably without pain..

Looking forward to hear your impression on the BTR and see your laptime..

Sorry to hear of your injury! I had a tendon injury in my left shoulder a few years back that stopped me using my wheel... sorted with surgery :)

Feel free to run any of the cars I've already posted times for... most of the times are set on 1 clean lap, so they will be easily beatable. I've only runa few of the cars more seriously than that 👍

And I know that video of Spa very well... some properly impressive car control :lol:

I forgot to edit my post to explain the 2 missing submission:

Maybe the update was just for production. I don't see my racing/non-production time either. Post #390

i want to test the car first, to see what kind of time it can do since you improved the previous submission by a lot. :)
I will add your time when im done testing if everything look right. sorry for not warning you.

@nosebluntbob i havent added your time for the following reason:

Your submission: Open category, FGT 04.59.788. nosebluntbob- beaten --no abs or aids

how it should look:

04:59.788 - GRAN TURISMO Formula Gran Turismo (nosebluntbob) BEATEN

i wont add the time if i need to open the game to see what the complete name of the car is, i take a lot of my time to update the list, the only thing i ask in return is a properly filled submission. :)

I will add your time next time i log on my google account.

edit:
Production:

08:04.999 - Subaru BRZ S '12 (mike_gt3) UPDATED
added oil change.

Last edited:
08:15.340 TVR T350c '03 (burningclutch) NEW

08:57.577 Nissan 180sx Type X '96 (burningclutch) UPDATE

T350c: Had a lot of fun with this car around the 'ring. Had a few screw ups in going off the track once, drifting, and the real lack of speed. Even though the real car tops out at over 170 mph this one limits at 155 mph.

180sx: Figured I would give this another run since I was so close to being in the high 8's and managed it on my 2 lap. Maybe an oil change could up the time alittle but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I just felt the need to get this off my chest..

Parts of the track that are generally thought of as easy, like the downhill section after "Flugplatz" ("Fly place" directly translated), the downhill section after "Schwedenkreuz" ("The Swedish corner"), the back straight after "Bergwerk". These "easy" sections become the most frightening sections in really fast cars. The FXX made me more nervous in the "easy" sections..
The hard suspention, the high speed and SH tires create a completely different experiance.
It's like the track changes as speed and handling differ.
Other tracks are very much the samt to me no matter which car I drive, but Nordschleife got so many surprises. That's why I love that track so much. It never gets old.

Last edited:
@mike_gt3
Fair enough 👍 I had to look twice at the time when I was running low 7s. I remember thinking to myself "maybe someone ran a 6:55 and wrote it down wrong" ha ha.

I tried the car, i will add your lap next time i log on my google account :)

I used the Base Model for the test, the problem is i forgot your laptime was 7:06 and i only had 6:55 in mind while driving..
I was trying hard and couldnt get close and i started to get upset with the car! :lol:

ended with this, still about a second possible for me but i dont really enjoy race cars in GT6 :(

Race/non-production:

06:57.281 - Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Base Model '11 (mike_gt3) NEW

@Denilson i agree those section are tricky with fast cars, when the start to feel light! :)
lot of fun! slower cars are the most fun!

Last edited:
@Denilson i agree those section are tricky with fast cars, when the start to feel light! :)
lot of fun! slower cars are the most fun!

With the limited drivning I've done in race cars in GT6, I agree with you. The GT3's feel like boats, and some even like they're lifeless (Nismo GT3). But when it comes to road cars, I like to drive high end cars (500-550 range).

Here are a couple of times I worked on Thursday/Friday...

7:35.719 - RUF BTR '86 - (GTP_Stotty) BEATEN
7:26.818 - BMW M3 GTR '03 (GTP_Stotty) BEATEN

Thought I'd have another go in the M3 GTR... this car has incredible grip. So easy to drive.

The BTR is not so easy to drive but very rewarding when you complete a lap. Took me a decent amount of time to finish a lap with no major mistakes in this car. The slip angle is very narrow... slightly too much entry speed or steering angle and the rear starts to slide uncontrollably. Helps if you overlap the throttle with the brakes, but it's still a much harder proposition than the RGT. The lap was OK, but I did lose >1s with a half spin right at the end. I would think there's still at least 3s to come off this time given how conservative you need to drive in certain sections to avoid losing the rear.

EDIT:

A few more to add to the list

6:59.764 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce '09 - (GTP_Stotty) NEW
7:06.047 - Lamborghini Diablo GT '00 - (GTP_Stotty) NEW
7:08.401 - Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car - (GTP_Stotty) NEW

Not sure why I bother with Lamborghini's as I've never been a fan of the road cars or the way they drive in GT. They all have greater or lesser degrees of turn in understeer followed by momentum oversteer, and their brake set up doesn't really favour trail braking. In addition to the cars above, I also tried the stock Murci and the Reventon - the handling of both just wound me up so I stopped trying to run a lap time in them.

The SV is clearly superfast, but it's not really that challenging to drive beyond managing your entry speed properly and using a bit of throttle overlap when braking/turning in to the faster corners. It will go a good deal quicker than that, but I just don't enjoy driving it enough to pursue a faster lap.

I expected the Diablo to be a bit of an animal being RWD only, but it's actually fairly stable. Still has the entry understeer, but is good on the exits. Needs a 6th gear as it's on the limiter at 185mph.

Though the GT would be quicker as it has a ton of downforce, but this doesn't seem to translate in to any extra corner speed for some reason - apex speeds were very similar to the Lambos.

Last edited:
Cool stuff. FXX with Racing Hards will be exciting cant wait doing new laps tomorrow. Also I will try the Sauber in Race category again, hopefully in the 5 30s somehow.
Formula gt is a cool idea as well, tomorrow s gonna be a nicce day! :)

Production:

07:22.605 Shelby Series One Supercharged '03 (Johnnypenso) NEW

Lots of grip, stable, predictable, probably more time in it for me if I push the limits further. Good sound too:cheers:

hi everyone well i just started posting videos on youtube this one is on nurburgring 24hr. the video is a Ferrary 458 italia '09 tuned doing a 8:01 lap time limited at 550pp with no aids but ABS no nitro real grip real slipstream penalty weak no boost no damage,this video was in online racing hope thats no problem since you start from a stand still, i will be posting more 550pp lap times every week with different cars, let me know if this enters the 550pp category if not can u please make a tune permitted category that would be nice .

08:01:516 Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (AngHel-_-l ) NEW

Last edited:
hi everyone well i just started posting videos on youtube this one is on nurburgring 24hr. the video is a Ferrary 458 italia '09 tuned doing a 8:01 lap time limited at 550pp with no aids but ABS no nitro real grip real slipstream penalty weak no boost no damage,this video was in online racing hope thats no problem since you start from a stand still, i will be posting more 550pp lap times every week with different cars, let me know if this enters the 550pp category if not can u please make a tune permitted category that would be nice .

Hey @AngHell ,

The boards do provide for cars tuned to set PP levels (details are included in the 1st post in this thread, including the specific tyre level for each PP class), but all times need to be set on the standard Nurburgring, not the 24H version. I would imagine race times are not really admissible as slip streaming could affect the times even if set to weak.

Plus you need to submit times in the proper format to make it straight forward for @mike_gt3 to upload them. Like this...

Hey @Hell ,

The boards do provide for cars tuned to set PP levels (details are included in the 1st post in this thread, including the specific tyre level for each PP class), but all times need to be set on the standard Nurburgring, not the 24H version. I would imagine race times are not really admissible as slip streaming could affect the times even if set to weak.

Plus you need to submit times in the proper format to make it straight forward for @mike_gt3 to upload them. Like this...

I see thanks for the help, well my next video will be on regular Nür, i will edit my first post to sumit the time in a proper way at least although the track is not the correct one, ho and real slipstream doesn't affect time laps mustly just Draft distance, I think :)

@AngHell are you A7angel in gt5? :)

the lap must be done offline as well unfortunatly. Im not sure of the difference from off and online :)

@AngHell are you A7angel in gt5? :)

the lap must be done offline as well unfortunatly. Im not sure of the difference from off and online ote]

Yes im A7angel i was wondering if u were the mike i know lol, is nice to see u againg men, anyways now that i know the rules well i will make sure to meet them in my next video, :) ho and the difference between offline and online racing is the grip online has less grip do to internet and network stuff, making times alittle slower and tunes done offline alittle different when using it online , and the stand still start clearly,

Hehe!! Nice to see you posting laps here Angel! would still be running 550pp with you guys but i dont like the grip of racing soft :( miss racing with you it was really nice! 👍

I hope to see some of your lap they will be difficult to match :cheers:

Yes im A7angel i was wondering if u were the mike i know lol, is nice to see u againg men, anyways now that i know the rules well i will make sure to meet them in my next video, :) ho and the difference between offline and online racing is the grip online has less grip do to internet and network stuff, making times alittle slower and tunes done offline alittle different when using it online , and the stand still start clearly,

Hi A7/ @AngHell, nice to see you around in GT6 too! I was racing as PSN "Lukasspeed" the final year of GT5, had the pleasure to race you several times. Are the US-servers that good currently you don't have to come to Europe? ;)

What about a Nurb online race times board for the most popular categories? So far I thought more about a collection of the best time seen per car, ignoring the driver. But a list in @mike_gt3's format would do too. It might also attract more people from the Nurb racing crowd and give others here an impression what are competitive times?

Hehe!! Nice to see you posting laps here Angel! would still be running 550pp with you guys but i dont like the grip of racing soft :( miss racing with you it was really nice! 👍

I hope to see some of your lap they will be difficult to match :cheers:

On European servers there are often good 550 PP sports soft rooms, I prefer that too in GT6 and switched with a lot of the GT5 550 RS people. Would be nice to see you there some day? Usually the rooms are best in the early European evening though, might be too early for Canada/US?

Last edited:
On European servers there are often good 550 PP sports soft rooms, I prefer that too in GT6 and switched with a lot of the GT5 550 RS people. Would be nice to see you there some day? Usually the rooms are best in the early European evening though, might be too early for Canada/US?

hey lukas long time, good to see you. Well USA lobys are abit slow besides the gang you know champ. ice. Wysdom and all the others., I have stop playing for some weeks now because there is no competitive drivers yet,, so decided to just post youtube videos doing lap times, thats how I just bump into mike and u, anyways add me so I can join your rooms some times will get on this weekend

It would be nice to set up some races, 550pp on sport soft sound better, im sure some that post here would join as well :)

For the online category, i tried to create a 550pp online video thread once and got like 1 reply :lol:
I can add the most popular but there wont be a lot of people posting time. the biggest problem for me is the updating, its time consuming and adding more category is difficult for me to keep up especially when i participate to a WRS event.

I think i remember seeing your username a few time on GT5 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back