GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
72 Million units is great history...that and $4.00 will get you a cup of latte at Starbucks. It means nothing in 2014.

If it means nothing in 2014, why are you using these figures as if they are relevant?

If you sell 70 million units in the first 5 versions of your game then drop to 2 million, that's a not unsuccesful, that's a disaster.

So if history means nothing in 2014... 2 million in sales in 2 months is not a disaster.

Well imo if there was any money issues with PD due to the lack of sales then I don't think we would've got the cars that we have so far for free, they would've either charged us for them, or held some of them off to be in the first car pack. But that's just my opinion, PD will probably announce bankruptcy tomorrow after me saying that knowing my luck :P

Last edited:
If it means nothing in 2014, why are you using these figures as if they are relevant?

So if history means nothing in 2014... 2 million in sales in 2 months is not a disaster.

Your circular logic is impeccable:tup:👍 I respond to your suggestion that 72 million unit sales in the past is important and you ask me why I'm using them as if they are relevant. That's an internet classic:lol:

Where are the Vision GT cars seriously?!! :D
We should get 28 cars and there is only 1 until now. There were for 15th GT anniversary celebration, but I think we cant get them all even after releasing of GT7 ! :P

Gran Turismo 6 sales so far - 2 million

Playstation 3 install base - 70 million (http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/23/4359832/gran-turismo-6-ps3-existing-install-base-jim-ryan)

Playstation 4 install base so far - (roughly) 5 million

The futures looking bright!!!
Its not like this.
GT2 on PS1 (about 80-90 million units in 2001) sold 9 million.
GT3 released July 2001 on PS2 (there are only 10 million PS2 until March 2001) and it sold 14 million.
GT games are rely on long legs and I think GT6 could sale better on a fresh console like PS4.

Gran Turismo 6 sales so far - 2 million

Playstation 3 install base - 70 million (http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/23/4359832/gran-turismo-6-ps3-existing-install-base-jim-ryan)

Playstation 4 install base so far - (roughly) 5 million

The futures looking bright!!!
Not too bad, kinda. I must say, good for them. Maybe PD should learn not to ride on "Oh we're sure we'll gain about 9m to 12m sells." They REEEEALLY need to get off that now, because their not that special. Maybe that's why their losing their touch?

any fresh GT6 news from PD???:confused:
I predicted there'll be news this week, but take it with a grain of salt. Don't want to disappoint anyone. ;)

Last edited:
I'm already moving on from GT6, played some Gran Turismo 2. Wow the intro is brilliant, great music and atmosphere. Loaded up arcade, drove Audi TT on High Speed Ring, on normal level.

It was great to have a grid start!, and the racing a tight all the way for 2 laps, I was second till the last corner, then took the leader on the straight. The AI was very similar, the analogue controls weren't great, sound was VERY similar, graphics (don't ask!) but very playable.

Overall quite impressed with the game, especially the AI and grid start!

Bottom line; I run a large book chain, if I were to advertise a number of new titles within a given time frame and did not then supply them, I would lose my customers - and rightly so. First rule of marketing - don't ever make promises you cannot keep.

131821_10151836265577963_760061377_o.jpg

GT 6 is simply unacceptable in its current form.

So let's please bring on those updates promised, at least the ones due last month...

True!
This buggy coding makes game crash and is far away from enjoyable game as is.

Crashing on PS3 equipped with SSD can be really costly, like on my case game crash kills SSD's Firmware.
I was running OCZ Vector with latest Firmware on it, and those "three beep" crashes made "Sudden power loss" to SSD and corrupt its Firmware, so Bricked SSD. I was under warranty and will get new SSD from warranty, not gonna use it anymore on PS3, until PD has released really working updates for this game, don't have interest to test how many times OCZ will replace SSD under warranty because of PD's lack of coding skills.

BWX
Useless comment ^

Wow, how old are you? Five? Maybe six...? I complain about the number of stupid comments that are posted on this thread and you post the most stupid of them all, congratulations! Grow up, of course you can disagree with my opinion, but you could post your opinion instead of that thing you posted that I wouldn't even calificate as 🤬...

Have a nice day, super naughty-funny boy :)

Be right back, playing shuffle online with GT5.
Be right back, turning on fuel/tire wear in arcade mode in GT5.
Be right back, grinding B-Spec Bob for cash in GT5.
Be right back, trying to duplicate Sebring in the course maker for GT5.

Sorry, I had to. Yes, I agree the physics are better for GT6.
And don't forget about online bug that changes gear ratios and car behaviour after a pitstop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back